Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Tunnel FX full-screen image effect

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kronnect, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Kronnect

Kronnect

Tunnel FX 2 is here! Now mobile and full VR compatible!

Tunnel FX is a full screen image effect that creates animated circular or squared tunnels:

Use it for:
    * Space travels / warp effect
    * Falls / drops
    * Mystic ascensions or magic transportation
    * Background for arcade / sci-fi games
    * Cool stylish background for menus, credits and transitions.

14 presets included:
    * Space Travel,
    * Magma Tunnel
    * Cloud Ascension
    * Metal Structure
    * Water Tunnel
    * Cave Passage
    * Stripes
    * Twightlight
    * Mystic Travel
    * Chromatic
    * Ice Passage
    * Fire Tornado
    * Exhaust Port
    * Cut Out Pattern

Highly customizable, allows you to create tons of combinations.

Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/86544

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. Kronnect

Kronnect

3. lazygunn

lazygunn

Does this write to depth?

4. Kronnect

Kronnect

No. It includes a depth aware option, so it will draw behind any geometry.

5. Kronnect

Kronnect

6. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi guys,

A few updates see the light on the Asset Store including improved VR and Unity 5.5 support. All of the following effects have been updated and verified to work fine with an Oculus DK2 with and without Single Pass Stereo feature:

- Beautify: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/61730

- Dynamic Fog & Mist: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/48200

- Volumetric Fog & Mist: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/49858

- Tunnel FX: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/68564

As always feel free to post your comments, screenshots and/our requests here or on our dedicated support forum at kronnect.com.

Cheers!

7. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi everyone!

Tunnel FX 2 is here. Built from scratch after feedback for Tunnel FX 1, this new version is fully compatible with mobile and VR (Single Pass Stereo supported).

All customers that purchased Tunnel FX in the last 60 days are eligible for a free update to Tunnel FX 2!
    Please send us an email with your invoice number to request your free update.

Cheers!

8. gecko

gecko

We're using this nifty effect in our game -- but what I want to do is move the camera down the length and gradually reveal the game-world at the end of the tunnel, eventually emerging from the tunnel into that world. But the tunnel mesh has opaque endcaps, which prevents this. Any suggestions on how to make this work?

thanks!
    Dave

9. Kronnect

Kronnect

In Tunnel 2 FX you can change the cap color alpha to make it transparent (also make sure the Transparent checkbox is turned on):

In the video below you can see the white sphere beyond the tunnel cap gets visible when color alpha is reduced:

10. gecko

gecko

oh, right, thanks!

Is there any way for the end of the tunnel to have a soft/faded edge? I tried using the Fall Off End/Start sliders, but those are not limited to the tunnel's end. I have a six-sided tunnel which looks good with the textures I'm using, but I'd really like the end of it (when entering the 3D world) to be faded, not a sharp hexagon shape.

thanks!

11. Kronnect

Kronnect

Well, I've found that using Fall Off End/Start you can approach that but perhaps it's easier to achieve using more sides:

https://ibb.co/mp9Fge

12. gecko

gecko

But with Fall Off, when the camera approaches the end of the tunnel, you see the hard edges....oh, but I can set up the tunnel so it extends farther, and we never actually exit it...that'll work! :)

Kronnect likes this.
  13. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hehe creative solutions :)

14. gecko

gecko

Actually, the end of the tunnel is still hard-edged even with that. Well, I'll increase the number of sides, but it would be cool to have an option for soft end edges. :)

15. gecko

gecko

Got another question: We're using Tunnel FX for a transition into a game scene....but that game scene has Dynamic Fog set up, and that effect is rendered in front of the tunnel, so the tunnel is barely visible. Since we want to organically emerge from the tunnel into the game world, we'd rather not simply toggle the DFog off at start, and then on when we emerge. Is there a way to force the tunnel to render in front of the fog?

(And we may switch to Volumetric Fog, but I tried that and same issue.)

thanks!
    Dave

16. Kronnect

Kronnect

You may try editing DynamicFog.cs and add [ImageEffectOpaque] like this:

[ImageEffectOpaque]
    void OnRenderImage(RenderTexture source, RenderTexture destination)

And make sure the tunnel is rendered as transparent.

17. gecko

gecko

Thanks, that works! But having trouble with tree billboards and DFog, so I do want to switch to VFog anyways -- can I modify that somehow to render it behind the tunnel?

18. Kronnect

Kronnect

Volumetric Fog & Mist includes a checkbox to render before transparent objects.

Can’t you simply make the fog to start at some distance? (increasing Distance parameter and Falloff?)

19. gecko

gecko

I did try that and it didn't help enough, but now I realize that I can adjust the FallOff End value to make it all look good. I think we're set now -- thanks much for a cool effect!

Kronnect likes this.
  20. Dreamcube017

Dreamcube017

Just picked this up. It's pretty awesome and is just what I needed!

I have a question. Is there a way to get the tunnel to scroll outside of playmode? Also, I can't check the Animation box for some reason.

Using Unity 2020. Thanks!

21. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi! Are you using Tunnel FX or Tunnel FX 2?
    (Tunnel FX 2 is faster on mobile devices and VR)

22. Dreamcube017

Dreamcube017

I'm using Tunnel FX 2.

23. Kronnect

Kronnect

Animation is only allowed in playmode.
    Please update to latest version - the Animated checkbox should now work properly when curved option is used.

24. Dreamcube017

Dreamcube017

Hello again. Thanks for your reply. I've gotten the tunnels to move the way I want. But I have a different issue that could just be Unity, but not sure.

My game has you constantly flying through hyperspace (one of the tunnels). But as the player does things, I want the tunnels to dynamically change.

I was originally going to just animate and control different parameters of one, but it seems I cannot access those from the animation panel or as normal float parameters.

So then I decided to add a few different tunnels and control the Global Alpha parameters of them.

However, the animation of the Global Alpha slider is very choppy during playback. Is there a better way to blend between tunnels or dynamically change them? For example, quickly but smoothly changing from a dark blue circular tunnel to a bright golden triangular tunnel upon the player clearing a wave of enemies. Then fading to a green square tunnel.

Thanks again!

25. Kronnect

Kronnect

The
    Check pm.