Search Unity

[RELEASED] Truss Physics for Unity3D. Soft-body simulation plugin.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Heartbroken, Aug 22, 2015.

1. samshosho

samshosho

Just did, completely new project, same errors, which are none stop!
    Could it be the dll files?
    Does it need any adjusting?

2. samshosho

samshosho

hmmmm, it's not even unity 4.6, i just tried on earlier versions and it still does the same thing, errors none stop.

3. samshosho

samshosho

Switching platform to Standard, things work just fine, is this not for IOS ?

4. Heartbroken

Heartbroken

I see. In 'Assets/Truss Physics/Native/TxNative.cs(23)' replace
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_IOS
    with
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_IOS && !UNITY_EDITOR
    It should help

5. samshosho

samshosho

That worked just fine, awesome.
    I wanted to use Truss Physics to simulate soft body tiers.
    Saw the pressure scene and thought this would be the best. But don't seem to get a grip of how to apply the pressure to the truck wheels, seems that the scripts handle things internally and things are not straight forward. I would appreciate if you could give me a hint oh how to achieve that?

6. samshosho

samshosho

RedCar demo link is broken, so as the bitbucket links to docs and these RigsOfRods' and BeamNG.Drive's documentation.
    Do you have an updated links?

7. Heartbroken

Heartbroken

If you have already setup softbody wheels you just need to activate their 'Filling' option and set their 'Internal Pressure' value in pascals.

The site is here:
    http://heartbroken.bitbucket.io/trussphysics
    Bitbucket changed the domain name for sites.

Downloads don't work because DropBox canceled its public links feature.

And what about RigsOfRods' and BeamNG.Drive's documentation? Truss Physics doesn't have any relations to them (except maybe that it was 'inspired by' :)

8. samshosho

samshosho

i have the TxSoftBody script attached and done the nodes, links and faces after creating it from the mesh and made sure the tyre faces are closed, also sat the Filling to true, sat the Pressure.
    I also put TxStatisBody for the ground.
    Ran the scene, which has RCCV2 to control the truck.
    Wheel goes all over the place, i guess because it has it's own physics. But the physics is controlled by the RCCV2, so don't know how to solve that! i have been at it for few days now, with no luck, tried to find anyone with an example, but unfortunately nothing surfaced yet.

9. samshosho

samshosho

i found a link for the red car demo, Download
    i though it was a unity package, turns out it's just a build for pc. Huh! all time wasted trying to find it :)

Kamikaze2020 likes this.
  10. samshosho

samshosho

11. StaffanEk

StaffanEk

I believe this asset author doesn't want to provide clear functional examples of how this asset is supposed to work for religious reasons. You should respect that.

chiny1 and RABABA-Games like this.
  12. samshosho

samshosho

I believe the guy can speak for himself, or you don't think he is capable of doing so!

chiny1 likes this.
  13. Alexbroz

Alexbroz

Why does not the author want to put example of a car in an Truss Physics asset? After all, all we need is a car deformation, and deformation of barrels is not necessary for anyone.

Mehrdad995 likes this.
  14. crudeMe

crudeMe

If you bought it, you can PM to Heartbroken to discuss it.

15. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

HeartBroken
    You are doing a tutorial on Youtube with cars as you did RedCar ? :)
    Thanx

chiny1, RABABA-Games and sinvent like this.
  16. sinvent

sinvent

Hi, Heartbroken
    I buy your component 18-Oct-2016.
    Can you provide a demo project with a car, with wheel settings, physics settings, with unity scene. I have some problem with use your component. May be you are doing a tutorial on Youtube with cars as you did RedCar?

Thanks!

RABABA-Games likes this.
  17. Tegleg

Tegleg

a bit more info on how to use this would be helpful please :)
    also might land you a few more sales

sinvent likes this.
  18. Alexbroz

Alexbroz

19. paratr00p3r

paratr00p3r

Nice package. ;)

How do I go about simulating a stiff tire wall that still expands slightly? I think I need to use filling in softbody but I want the links to respect a stiffness. Playing with the link settings doesn't get what I want.

Got any tips?

20. devotid

devotid

I have been working with this package on and off for over 8 months and still have not figured it out enough to use it commercially. I simply gave up and will not be purchasing the full asset.

I dont think he did the red car himself... Im just speculating but its the only reason i can think of that he would not want to ( or cant) release it. Its really really odd to say the least. People have been asking over a year for it across five pages of discussion and nothing. He IS most likely keeping this a secret for someone else. NO other reason makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AndersOerum

I believe this is who did the red car and is the only one that "really" knows how to use this asset to its potential. So we are all going to have to wait for his title to be done before they spill the beans.

As a auto sim developer, I can tell you this is the future... I just dont have time to invent the documents and demos for something I am spending a $100 bucks on.

/rant

Edit: Im not trying to sound negative towards the asset. It does work as described for a couple simple shapes. Its just that showing a demo of a working car and then not delivering it in a demo is well....odd. :/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    chiny1, carking1996, Kemonono and 5 others like this.
  21. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Hi Guys
    I have problem
    How fix it ?
    Thanks ;)

Attached Files:

22. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

I would also need to send it to my Gmail FaceRougeX@gmail.com ;)

23. ibrarOzi

ibrarOzi

24. chiny1

chiny1

Why are they still no tutorials? One person who understands how to properly create Truss assets and create Static, Ridgid and Softbodies could easily create a Youtube Tutorial.

ibrarOzi likes this.
  25. Lesnikus

Lesnikus

I'm using the latest version of the Truss Physics 1.0.4 and Unity 5.6.1f1. An error appears when trying to play the demo scenes. What to do?

26. Heartbroken

Heartbroken

You seem to have one ancient CPU in your PC which doesn't support SSE4 instructions. That's my guess.

27. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Hi, you can teach us with TrussPhysics on Tutorial

28. Lesnikus

Lesnikus

I have Intel Pentium 4. This processor is not suitable?

29. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Create Tutorial

30. nat42

nat42

Pentium 4 doesn't implement SSE4 s far as I know, and were discontinued in like 2008 which probably does count as "ancient".

But I believe Intel Atom CPUs have been sold much more recently without SSE4 support

And then there's the non-AMD64/x86 architectures like ARM that Unity supports that ofcourse don't implement the AMD64/x86 SSE4 instructions.

I would think this is the requirement that should responsibly be spelled out on the store page.

The offhand reference in the forum post "The simulation is done on CPU with extensive usage of SIMD and muli-threading optimizations." barely counts and doesn't go far enough to spelling out which SSE support is needed or that this is x86/AMD64 only (for those not family with what SSE instructions are)

31. chiny1

chiny1

@Heartbroken Please support this plugin and update the content. The website needs just a few tweaks and further explanations. I´d like to use Truss, but I need some guidance or at least explanation on some basic things... the redcar demo should be inside the package, even for the free version. It can´t be so hard to update the website and provide some more usefull information since u are the guy who made that plugin und fully understand it...

Please, keep up the good work and get this thing flying.

carking1996 likes this.
  32. Heartbroken

Heartbroken

Thanks for your help.
    Yeah, I didn't consider Atom CPUs and not sure if their performance is even sufficient, but if someone really need this the non-SSE4 version of native libs is available here:
    Plugins_No_SSE4.rar (457KB)

As for ARM, it obviously uses NEON and has nothing to do with SSE at all.

Cheers

33. chiny1

chiny1

This is driven me nuts. Truss is actualy nice, but how will you be able to use it correctly, if you dont provide a proper example project like the redCarDemo? Im not even able to move softbodies...

why u are so quiet about that?

Dude, don´t you just want people to use truss? Isnt there anything we can do, to get mor information on that plugin?

Sorry for the rage, but this sucks a little bit. I can´t find any good softbodies integration for unity. All things I tested so far, have their minor or major problems... It´s a shame, that this isn´t a built in feauture in unity or even unreal engine.

carking1996 likes this.
  34. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Pls Add RedCar Demo for Project

chiny1 likes this.
  35. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

HearthBroken Add RedCar Demo I'll be thankful for Test :)
    Thanks

chiny1 likes this.
  36. Lesnikus

Lesnikus

Link does not work: "403. That’s an error. We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page."

37. kittytrillah

kittytrillah

Hello guys, I want to learn this physics (and buy this asset after I will be sure I understand basics of Truss physics), playing with it and reading about for 3 days already. And I have some questions about it.
    I opened deformation tutorial scene, created empty game object, attached Rigidbody (Unity one) and Truss rigidbody, input 15 in rigidbody mass (as Heartbroken told somewhere here) and all scales are on 1. Then I made one of cylinders from tutorial scene as a child of this empty object. Added constraint component with softbody and decided to add some nodes in snap list.
    The problem is: when I choose any node basis and add it into snap list, after colliding my physic body starts acting crazy - shaking, moving everywhere etc (still physic deformation looks good). Screenshots added.
    I decided to return to these primitives because I encountered the problem of Unity crashing working with more complicated vehicle meshes (and I already saved all tips and guides). Even when I create maximally simple node mesh (faces exists and posed right) and constraint 5 nodes for example, Unity crashes right after pressing play. But as I noticed pressing "pause" right after starting simulation, before crashing my vehicle mesh is going somewhere in depths of space, so most probably the cause of crase is huge value in transfrorm of my mesh.

Attached Files:

38. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

How do you create (yellow truss) :eek:

39. kittytrillah

kittytrillah

With such simple mesh you can place nodes from the same mesh used for rendering, then you choose "Links" (in Truss designer), tap "create" if there is no links and connect nodes. If you want to know how exactly to connect links, well, you can consider these links like construction beams (if I got this physics right). Just imagine how you put fabric on a frame and connect links between nodes the way you want, physics behaviour will depend on this - will it stable structure or will it fall right after starting simulation.
    Shortly - if you have vehicle for example (from Unity asset store), you have to recreate it in Blender with a very few amount of edges and export it to Unity. After this you open Truss designer and use your recreated mesh for placing nodes right. Next step is create links between nodes correctly. And check faces, 'cos without properly adjusted faces your physics will be broken. That's all, I guess

40. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

I have problems with it
    can you send me pictures (for step by step) to advance to Gmail: Facerougex@gmail.com or Facebook (if you have) Thanks :)

41. kittytrillah

kittytrillah

Okay, np.
    I solved the problem though. The constrained nodes have to be inside deformable body. Not on the edges or very close to them, it gives really weird stuff.
    P.S. No, the weird stuff about shaking still exists. I don't know what cause it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  42. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Ok , So send me the pictures to follow next in Gmail i try

43. kittytrillah

kittytrillah

Hello, guys
    I've encountered a problem with physics. The problem is any nodes/lines between them configuration I make and any lines settings (elastic and so on) I adjust, still mesh gives me result like this (any mesh, not just vehicle).
    Screenshot_5.jpg

44. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Hehe :D RedCar

Attached Files:

45. k-i-a

k-i-a

Hi Hearthbroken,

is your Truss physics available for the black friday sale?
    I'd think it should be in the super top assets list :)

is it compatible with the latest Unity2017?

chiny1 likes this.
  46. chiny1

chiny1

I really recommend to not buy this package. This is 100 bucks bullshit. It´s working but really poor documented, so u can´t really work with it properly.

RedCarDemo might be a fake, unless the Author will just don´t share the demo since 3 years with the community.

ibrarOzi likes this.
  47. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

RedCar is not fake see script SoftBody
    This is totally different Script than the current one

Attached Files:

chiny1 likes this.
  48. Mr_Dss

Mr_Dss

Heartbroken send you this demo?

49. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

No
    I'm Using a Special Program That Will Generate You Data in RedCar_Demo> RedCar_Demo_Data> main_data

50. Mr_Dss

Mr_Dss

So does it work?

unityunity