Search Unity

[RELEASED] Truss Physics for Unity3D. Soft-body simulation plugin.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Heartbroken, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

All of the answers to your questions can be found in this thread including how to attach a Truss soft body to a rigid body. There is even a diagram ;)

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...t-body-simulation-plugin.349503/#post-2265898

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...-simulation-plugin.349503/page-2#post-2309181

You can apply some force to a regular Unity rigid body once attached to a Truss soft body using Constraints - there is also some applyImpulse() method you can call on a Truss soft body.
    https://heartbroken.bitbucket.io/trussphysics/document/scripting-api/txsoftbody/
    https://heartbroken.bitbucket.io/trussphysics/document/scripting-api/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  2. Taku-chan-gamer

Taku-chan-gamer

i want the ability for sound

3. DuoFan

DuoFan

Is it has the android plugin?

4. jogescosta

jogescosta

[QUOTE = "ASDev, post: 6185128, membro: 164387"] Claro que é possível :)
    https://fex.net/ru/s/favvvmx
    1º carro, 1ª pista. Ele corre devagar quando 2 a 5 carros estão na pista. Mas eu o construí há 2 anos, talvez agora os dispositivos móveis sejam capazes de executá-lo a pelo menos 50-60 fps [/ QUOTE]

you would still have an apk i wanted to download

5. jogescosta

jogescosta

[QUOTE = "Arsyl_Games, post: 6190878, member: 3077641"] Posso baixar tudo e funciona perfeitamente no meu telefone. É possível ge o projeto para melhorá-lo, otimizá-lo e depois devolvê-lo a você? [/ QUOTE]
    you would still have an apk i wanted to download

6. jogescosta

jogescosta

Dowload please download men

7. jogescosta

jogescosta

8. jogescosta

jogescosta

New ink please men please estpu desespetado meda um novo link

9. n00b_013

n00b_013

Dear all,

I'm trying to use the Truss Physics in my game, but right after importing it, I'm running into trouble..
    15 red errors, all the same on different lines in the TxTrussDesignerEditor.cs and TxConstraintEditor.cs

Code (CSharp):
    1. 'Handles' does not contain a definition for 'SphereCap'
    Searched this thread on Handles and SphereCap, but could not find anyone who already provided some help on this. I am using Unity 2020.3f1. Does somebody have an idea?

Kindest regards,

10. khos

khos

Just some info found:
    I might be wrong but Truss was last updated: Released: Mar 9, 2016.. when was Unity 2020 released?

Also on the asset page I see:
    How to update scripts so it works on 2018 version: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...-simulation-plugin.349503/page-7#post-3519295

11. n00b_013

n00b_013

Yeah, exactly my thought!

But to rebuild what I already have now, its gonna be dramatic.. Especially after reading all the struggles and difficulties faced when using this package.

Thanks for the quick reply though, appreciate it.

All I could think of was: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Handles.SphereHandleCap.html which seems, for my knowledge an upgraded version of the Handles.SphereCap mentioned in the errors.. But I have no idea how to rebuild that..

Handles.SphereCap
    public static void SphereCap(int controlID, Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation, float size);

vs.
    Handles.SphereHandleCap
    public static void SphereHandleCap(int controlID, Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation, float size, EventType eventType);

Kind regards,

12. Webyilmaz

Webyilmaz

Hi, car setup tutorial avaible? Car setup is very hard..

13. minions123

minions123

Dear All,
    I have updated the scripts, but when use the scripts on anything and press playmode, the unity instant crash, how can I solve this problem?

Kindest regards.

JASON BOOTH

14. MansoorAhmadKhan

MansoorAhmadKhan

Hello Minion, I will ask you not to continue with this, you will get even more confused how things are working in it.

Btw what are you actually trying to achieve? I may be able to suggest other stuff, may be,

15. Tegleg

Tegleg

the more tx_static objects in the scene the lower the framerate.
    has anyone found a fix or workaround for this?

16. VetStudio

VetStudio

Hello everyone, has anyone figured out what to do with the Arm64 library to upload the game to Google play?

17. herofille

herofille

guys why the truss physics wont work on phone ?

18. Taku-chan-gamer

Taku-chan-gamer

would love to get this to work with UnityCar

19. khos

khos

Lol, sorry but I wish you good luck, if you succeed please share with us!

20. Taku-chan-gamer

Taku-chan-gamer

i have tried before but i cant even get it to work with my own models

21. khos

khos

You should design your own controller, using forces etc. I mean to get things working with truss

22. Taku-chan-gamer

Taku-chan-gamer

i need unitycar for my game tho and i need something like truss for vehicle damage

23. devotid

devotid

Seven years later and 14 pages deep and still no one knows how to use it. What a bummer...

24. AlanEvo

AlanEvo

I know how to use it.

25. herofille

herofille

how!!!!

26. AlanEvo

AlanEvo

Lots of practise, studying the red car demo and ripping my hair out. It's a horrible asset to use.

devotid likes this.
  27. khos

khos

Dude, I think I asked before, but a in depth tutorial would be super useful, also do really well on youtube, :) You will be famous!

28. devotid

devotid

I built a couple simple tire models on this years ago. Someone sent me the red car demo to dig through. Using it feels like using excel spreadsheets. There is no "easy" workflow to learning this. That is just sad... as it is so powerful and could be REALLY great with a couple visual aides or simple tools to keep track of all the nodes and info in a more visual way.

The worst part is once you learn it enough to use it... the reality sets in that you cant use it in production. Its just too much work for each piece of a car/mechanism. There isnt any way to bug check the nodes... etc.

I have not looked in years... but is there any other "truss" physics packages for any other game engines that folks are using? I have been busy on a project for years and simply haven't looked around at all.

I come back to this thread ever year or so and check progress.... with the hopes that an ambitious youngster has made a couple small tools for this and made it usable for all.

Truck.jpg

TokyoWarfareProject, Meceka and khos like this.
  29. khos

khos

Anyway, there are other solutions for softwheels anyway :)

30. AlanEvo

AlanEvo

I have made a few tutorials, on my You Tube channel. Just not very high quality but you get the idea. One of the problems I had making tutorials is Truss bugging out half way through building a car frame, so 30 minutes into the videos the truss frame corrupts, no reason for it, so worthless, you have to start again. I've never wasted so much time on an Asset before, it's trash! If it was re-written in c++ and used as a dll it would probably run 5 times faster too.

It's fun though, just don't take it any further than that.

31. AlanEvo

AlanEvo

Yeah your 100% right there, can't be used for production, I couldn't figure out how to make useful game related joints, so it's missing many features needed for production. Also I've said it before on here, it's only good with slow moving vehicles, anything that travels faster than say 60mph the car doesn't turn when you steer, it continues to move forward. I really don't understand why he's holding onto it? Why doesn't he make it open source, no ones going to pay 100 bucks for that. I'd even dedicate my time converting it to c++.

devotid likes this.
  32. devotid

devotid

Are you going to keep them a secret?

TokyoWarfareProject likes this.
  33. khos

khos

lol, this a truss thread, I'd rather not suggest anything else here, would not be fair at all in my view.

34. milox777

milox777

Afaik only Obi Softbody exists, but it's particle based not truss. So according to the Obi developers, not suited for car deformation:
    http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum/thread-3429.html
    http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum/thread-3180.html

Author abandoned the asset though, maybe someone would convince Obi developers to make a truss version of their softbody asset, it seems that quite a few people would want to play with that. I mean come on, pretty much every secret of gamedev is out there for everyone to use, and there's still isn't a good truss physics asset that would enable everyone to have cool BeamNG like deformations?

THE2FUN likes this.
  35. THE2FUN

THE2FUN

Some codes are old but can be updated, i updated but it is very old and have small problems i guess. For example can't select with mouse and if you hit the play boom crashes.

36. devotid

devotid

Make sure to click out of the unity editor once on another window before hitting play in the Unity editor. It will reset the editor and not crash every time when playing a scene. ;)

37. devotid

devotid

Haha. This has been vapor ware for years... im pretty sure that the OP doesnt give a flip about people sharing truss plugins in this thread... but I respect your intentions.

THe only person I have seen "really" use this is Anders... https://www.youtube.com/c/AndersOerum
    He is/was friends with the OP. I havent seen anything in 2 years from his youtube page... but this is a guy that doesnt just give up on something. Im sure he is working on something amazing. I thought I remember him saying something like... " I have given up on Truss physics plugin and have written my own system." Or something like that. I guess we will find out someday. haha.

Ill recheck this thread in a few more years.

38. Taku-chan-gamer

Taku-chan-gamer

Well I use 2018.4.8 so like I did get it to work but the problem is I want this stuff to work with rigid bodys or require a ridifbody but uses it's own collision system because I want this to work with other more realistic vehicle systems this soft body stuff crashes the unity editor alot if you don't set it up right now clue why

39. ethantaneza

ethantaneza

CindyCar.DRIVE (taken from telegram)

Attached Files:

newlife likes this.
  40. ethantaneza

ethantaneza

More images (taken from telegram)

Attached Files:

newlife likes this.
  41. newlife

newlife

Cool! is it possible to download CindyCar.DRIVE?

42. ethantaneza

ethantaneza

Only available on android the game is still in development stages so the beta will release in a few weeks i will send you a download link to CindyCar.drive if the beta releases.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  43. khos

khos

Will you share here? Cheers

ethantaneza likes this.
  44. ethantaneza

ethantaneza

Yes

45. ethantaneza

ethantaneza

CindyCar.DRIVE Game review by Dragen (if you speak russian you may understand the video if you dont speak russian please turn on subtitles and click Auto-Translate) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cRF4qArd_AI&t=726s NEW BEAMNG DRIVE CLONE ON PHONE!! CINDYCAR DRIVE OVERVIEW translated title. (During the video at 7:55 you can see bugs on the wheels and the developer will fix the wheels bug)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  46. ethantaneza

ethantaneza

47. khos

khos

48. ethantaneza

ethantaneza

Well i cant i dont have a computer.

khos likes this.
  49. khos

khos

? :) ok

50. Taku-chan-gamer

Taku-chan-gamer

I wanna try and get truss to work with unitycar thats going to be a challenge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.