Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Truss Physics for Unity3D. Soft-body simulation plugin.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Heartbroken, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moo9

moo9

by the way It's still crash when I try to add truss tires to my own car with another car control script too, the red car demo works fine..

2. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

3. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

How do you mean?

4. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

in unity 2018 the demo works fine without any errors. I also imported it in unity 2019.2.4 and it also works. But when I add my own model with truss it doesnt work.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  5. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

I Click Play and Car not moving

6. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

Did you import it to a empty project? Just create a new project and then import truss in it. If car is not moving there needs to be an error. Can you show the error to me? Also I want mobile UI. Does anyone nows how to make it? Or a tutorials about it?

7. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

8. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Camera Working but Car not and no errors

9. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

Go to your scene and press “save scene” press again play and look. Is it build for windows and which unity version do you use? Also look in the car if there are no scripts missing. Is there also a script called “redcar” added to the redcar?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  10. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Script RedCar in car ? No not exist script :/

11. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

I can give you redcar script. You need only give your email to me. without the redcar script the car doesnt ride. Cause it is the car controller script.

12. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Facerougex@gmail.com Thanks :)

13. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

14. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Send full project pls Thanks :)

15. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

I did

Shadow-X6 likes this.
  16. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

Does somebody knows how to generate my own car mesh? If I go to the package>Truss>Meshes>Generated is everything from the redcar generated. I also have Realistic car controller. If I go there to the imported meshes from the vehicles it is also generated. I have my own car model but I dont know how to do it. If somebody of you guys knows how to do it or a if you know a tutorial about it, pls let me know. Thanks

17. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

Here is the redcar demo with mobile UI. This is tested on iOS and Android (within unity editor)

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    markgusseff and Shadow-X6 like this.
  18. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Amazing work :)

Arsyl_Games likes this.
  19. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

Can somebody help me with the truss plugins (Redcar demo)? Go to Truss->plugins and you will find all the plugins. I have a problem when I build it to android. Nothings is working. The world and stuff can load but thé softbody physics arent working :(
    I use unity 2019.3.10
    If you can help me and it works, I will give you a prize! Thanks

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  20. ASDev

ASDev

Softbody physics works on android and iOS very slow. It's because I stopped develop games with Truss physics on mobile platforms

21. shahzaib

shahzaib

so tried running the example scenes on android, nothing works, objects stay static. any idea why it does that?

22. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

Here is everything the same. When running on android, everything is static. When using the debugger I have 7 errord. Tried to fix Them but it is almost impossible. Developer is also not answering or something like that. Its a shame

23. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

Wait truss physics are working on android? When I try to run it, it doesn't work

24. Mehrdad995

Mehrdad995

Take a look at this guy (https://twitter.com/StudioTatsu)
    He's doing some cool physics stuff, Idk if it's soft body but it looks very promising.

25. ASDev

ASDev

Yes, it works on Android, but if you use softbody tires - it runs too slowly

26. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

it are softbody physics, I talked t him but he will not make a beamng style game. His game will be different. He is also not planning to sell it.

27. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

Wait it works when you try it on android?? When I build it to android it doesnt. Is it possible to have the apk file from it? Than I can test it on my phone.

28. ASDev

ASDev

Of course it's possible :)
    https://fex.net/ru/s/favvvmx
    1st car, 1st track. It runs slow when 2-5 cars on track. But I built it 2 years ago, maybe now mobile devices are able to run it at least 50-60fps

Mehrdad995 likes this.
  29. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

I can download everything and it runs smoothly on my phone. Is it possible to ge the project to improve it, optimize it and than give it back to you?

30. ASDev

ASDev

You should understand that truss physics is very complicated to setup a car. Especially removable parts. I don't think its possible to create productioon version of game with it. I tried several types of vehicle games - racing, offroad, destruction etc. and I think Truss physics is in very early stage of develoment to create car games with it

31. Mehrdad995

Mehrdad995

You are right, It's probably his game's most valuable competitive advantage so he won't sell it at least before the game release.
    I'm also very interested in soft-body physics and racing games and I'm planning to take a look at it for my next project next year, maybe in future, we have to eventually work on making our own soft-body physics after all :D

32. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

Can I atleast try? And in what unity version is it made?

33. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

If we want softbody physics, than we need to make them ourself. But that is where the problem starts. I dont have enough skills to make softbody physics from scratch. And there are 2 ways of softbody physics. One is using particles and the other one using beamns and nodes. Beamng and truss their softbody system is using beamns and nodes. The asset called « obi softbody » is made using particles. If you want to make a softbody physics system, pls make one using beamns and nodes. Thats the only way to make a car Racing/destruction style game with softbody physics.

34. Mehrdad995

Mehrdad995

Many years ago I made a quite simple damage system for my racing game that had bendable surfaces and nodes (which displace or break apart) but it wasn't soft body as it was calculated upon impacts, taking into account the accurate impact force and point.
    Now that I got to know soft-body more, I'm impressed with how many possibilities it opens for developers.
    I really hope someone makes a good one before I start a new project as the R&D process can take a lot of time but if no one does that then I have to do it myself.
    The StudioTatsu one, as far as I know, is using Unity's new burst compiler with Multi-Threading,
    for performance heavy things like this, you either have to make them in c++ or if proven the new unity D.O.T.S technology that I've heard a lot of positive reviews from it.
    Even if I have to make one it will not be ready sooner than 2022 so don't stop your project, I'm sure you can either find or make something suitable.

Arsyl_Games likes this.
  35. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

Yes, that's the first thing I noticed but then I went to build for Android Arm64 (IL2CPP) and was able to generate an APK and run it on the device fine so maybe that's a non issue unless there is some extra check when publishing an APK through Google Play Store? Wonder if anyone has tried with Truss and will try and research if that's an issue independently of this asset - I did request @Heartbroken if we could get some Arm64 library for Android but haven't heard back - I do own the asset.

36. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

Ok well - here the answer to my own question above:

By August 1, 2021, Google will remove Arm64 APKs which contain 32 bit DLLs - in short, it won't be possible to publish a Truss Physics based app to Google Play Store after that date as there is no Android Arm64 DLL of Truss Physics
    That explains why building an Android Arm64 APK works today still.

Source

37. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

oh noooo

38. Tegleg

Tegleg

anyone tried obi softbody?
    it doesnt have the constraint types needed to make a vehicle out of the box but the developer said this is something planned for the future.
    it has a burst backend and seems to be stable and fast.
    it would be great to have a few people to join me working on this. shame @Heartbroken abandoned truss before it was production ready.

Ruchir likes this.
  39. khos

khos

Could you use havok physics to do that, I think is underway already

Slipangle likes this.
  40. AlanEvo

AlanEvo

Looks cool, I'm not sure if this is true soft body physics? He's not giving much away at first glance, also there is no information on fps and what power the system it is running on, also no fast vehicle examples i.e. above 70mph, that's where Truss had issues on average machines.

41. Tegleg

Tegleg

cant see anything in the havok/unity stuff relating to softbody. maybe he rolled his own?
    i tried the bullet physics implementation too but its very very slow.
    obi softbody has potential for the future but needs more people pushing the developer for constraint types

42. Taku-chan-gamer

Taku-chan-gamer

i cant download redcar demo it says error 404

43. Game-Armada

Game-Armada

anyone was able to contact the developer recently ? :)

44. expivister

expivister

Here a little trampoline demo I got working once i started understanding how this all works. Makes so much sense to me now.

When I try to bounce a rigidbody capsule on it, it works well but when i click to constrain the rotation on all axis' in the rigidbody component (so it just bounces and stays upright for now), it breaks the softbody simulation. Anyone know why this would be happening?

45. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

Nice demo! In the Tx Rigid Body inspector of the capsule, try and set the Interaction to 'Kinematic' - it worked for me before on a fairly similar simulation.
    I take it you are trying to simulate some human body physics interactions with the trampoline.

46. MansoorAhmadKhan

MansoorAhmadKhan

Can anyone guide or put a tutorial to set this physics engine running on a car ? a basic tutorial.
    Its not working for me.

I am not able to create name sets. every time i click on Plus or minus button or ... button. I receive errors

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  47. MansoorAhmadKhan

MansoorAhmadKhan

48. MansoorAhmadKhan

MansoorAhmadKhan

can you guide me how to set namesets for nodes , links, faces.

49. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

Truss Physics is an asset where you are going to need a lot of time and patience to learn and get a good grasp at it.

First of all, you need to look at all of the demos as part of the asset and you have to be able to recreate them from scratch - until then, you won't get a good grasp of this engine.
    You also need to read this whole thread entirely as there is a lot of good information from people who have used the engine as well as what @Heartbroken (dev who created it) posted. You may have to read this whole thread more than once for sure.
    Then you have some video tutorials like what @AlanEvo posted - You will get a lot of the answers to your questions by watching and listening to them carefully.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUAGTkV6tZbJGnScDt1njpw/videos

It is going to take some time but once you have done this, you should be a lot more knowledgeable and comfortable using Truss Physics.

Hope this helps.

50. MansoorAhmadKhan

MansoorAhmadKhan

I tried it for a week and found the workflow of creating nodes and joints. I had to manually create a scriptable object (which was not mentioned anywhere) I thought it will be created automatically with truss designer script. but then i figured it out.

Since there is not any documentation (atleast i couldn't find one), yes I should maintain my patience abilities and this is also the reason I decided to go on forums.

I have noticed that the unity default scripting doesn't work with truss? is that true? I wasnt able to move anything using rigid body or transform. How did you overcome this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.