Search Unity

[RELEASED] trueSKY Alpha for Unity Pro - Volumetric Skies, Clouds, and Time-of-Day

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rvkennedy, Aug 15, 2014.

1. sadicus

sadicus

Trying Post Process behavior> Bloom turns the trueSky sun square.

Attached Files:

2. nachosimul

nachosimul

Thanks for pointing that out. The new colors match better the actual sky light illumination.
    It should be inside the demo folder. But maybe the asset is missing from the repo, perhaps this is related to the issue above.
    Also, you may want to tweak the max sun radiance and the sun radius so the bloom pp doesn't go nuts.

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  3. sadicus

sadicus

The "CloudShadowsRT" is not in any folder on my pc, where can I get it?

4. clagrens

clagrens

Does unity version trueSKY Can make sky works likes Project Wingman?

Especially the fighter fly through the clouds.

5. nachosimul

nachosimul

You just need to bring the jet :)

I'm still working on the build fix (missing assets). I'll keep you updated.

6. nachosimul

nachosimul

Builds should be back to normal now.

hopeful, Lex4art and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  7. tcn5150

tcn5150

Using Windows 10, Unity 2018.1.0f2 and package trueSKY-Unity2018-4.1a.55-x64, I'm getting the error:

EntryPointNotFoundException: UnityGetRenderEventFuncWithData
    simul.TrueSkyCamera.OnPreRender () (at Assets/Simul/TrueSkyCamera.cs:224)

Also seeing this with the same version of Unity and TrueSKY 4.2

Has anyone seen this before?

8. nachosimul

nachosimul

Hi,
    We are re-working the trueSKY-Unity connection as in 2018 some new methods have been added to the engine. I think that you are probably getting an old .dll but with the new Unity code that expects that method exposed.
    I will check the builds!

Lex4art likes this.
  9. guildwriter

guildwriter

Trying out 4.2.60 build number 2118 on 5.6.4 and I'm getting the following:

Multiple plugins with the same name 'trueskypluginrender_mt' (found at 'Assets/Simul/Plugins/x86_64/TrueSkyPluginRender_MT.dll' and 'Assets/Simul/Plugins/WSA/TrueSkyPluginRender_MT.dll'). That means one or more plugins are set to be compatible with Editor. Only one plugin at the time can be used by Editor.

Trying to remove one or the other results in all sorts of nastiness (black screen, drivers crashing, etc). Is there a better way to handle this?

Also don't see a way to modify cloud keyframes in the sequencer. It's like that entire section of keyframes is gone. But I will say it is a blessing that the window doesn't open when sequences are clicked or that it goes away the moment it loses focus.

10. nachosimul

nachosimul

You can navigate to the Plugins/WSA folder, and then in the plugin inspector untick the "Any Platform". We will check why this config is not correct on the unity package.

In 4.2 you can have multiple cloud layers. To add a new one right click on top of the time line and add a new cloud layer.

11. guildwriter

guildwriter

Ah, noticed the right click option. Thanks for pointing that out.

Unticking any platform on the plugin inspector and then unticking editor does solve the error message. When I try to actually have TrueSky render clouds though in editor, my drivers crash eventually. Instantly if I hit the play button. Disabling the plugin altogether doesn't stop it either.

12. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Version 4.2 looks great so far. I think the cloud rendering looks much better as in version 4.1. But the cloud shadows are broken in 4.2. Also the sun reflection on water surfaces (Ultimate Water Surface) are not blocked by the clouds.

13. nachosimul

nachosimul

Does that happen every time?

We'll check the cloud shadows, do you mean the sun reflection generated by the Sky Probe? Or the specular highlights?

14. guildwriter

guildwriter

I can try again, but it happened every time last I checked.

15. TacticalDan

TacticalDan

Hello, I'm having some issues with building with the trueSky trial ---
    • Imported package trueSKY-Unity5-4.1a.67-x64 into Unity 5.6.3p3
    • Switch to demo scene
    • Shows some clouds'n'stuff
    • Build player with demo scene
    • Shows black sky, no fog, no clouds
    Do I need to do something special to get builds working?

NWHCoding likes this.
  16. nachosimul

nachosimul

Hi, you don't need to do anything special, I'll check it.

17. nachosimul

nachosimul

@Font8 There is a new build with fixes for that.

18. sqallpl

sqallpl

@nachosimul

Great to see the regular updates! We've updated TrueSky after a long period of using some older version and we can see a lot of improvements. I have some questions about the future of TrueSky for SRP/HDRP.

Any news about the SRP (especially HDRP) integration? Will the latest version of TrueSky work with HDRP? Or maybe it's totally not compatible at the moment?

Have you started integrating it maybe? Do you see any roadblocks that may make it incompatible?

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/wiki/sky-and-fog
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing/wiki/Writing-Custom-Effects

Do you plan to use camera image effect (like now) for HDRP?
    Do you plan to allow it to be plugged into the post processing stack or maybe it's not necessary at all?

Thanks.

19. nachosimul

nachosimul

Hi @sqallpl
    We have been looking into the render pipelines recently. But we don't have a time frame yet of when it will be ready. I would recommend following the trueSKY slack channel for updates and questions regarding this feature.
    Nacho.

20. hopeful

hopeful

Not sure if you've read this elsewhere, but Unity expects HDRP to be experimental and subject to all kinds of change throughout 2018. So I wouldn't expect any asset store developers to be working with it till 2019, when the code is more settled.

21. nachosimul

nachosimul

Yep, that's one of the reasons why we don't have a fixed due date yet.

22. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

@nachosimul

I updated my simulator project to trueSKY 4.2. But I think there is a bug with the speed value. After changing the value, the new value doesn't save after closing the scene.

23. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Hi,

I solved the issue with creating a prefab. But I have another problem. I want to get the current temperature. I created a sequence with 8 items and all with different temperatures. And I have a small script to read the temperature. But the problem is, trueSKY ignores the custom temperatures and I get always the standard value of 15°.

Here is my small script for reading the temperature.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class MenuDigitalTemperature : MonoBehaviour {
    3.     private trueSKY tS;
    4.     public TextMeshProUGUI tMDigTemp;
    6.     public float TemperatureD;
    8.     // Use this for initialization
    9.     void Start () {
    11.         tS = trueSKY.GetTrueSky();
    12.         tMDigTemp = GameObject.Find("Text_DigitalTemperature").GetComponent<TextMeshProUGUI>();
    14.     }
    16.     // Update is called once per frame
    17.     void Update () {
    19.         int numt = tS.GetNumSkyKeyframes();
    20.         for (int i = 0; i < numt; i++) {
    22.             uint uid = tS.GetSkyKeyframeByIndex(i);
    23.             TemperatureD = (float)tS.GetKeyframeValue(uid, "SeaLevelTemperatureK") - 273;
    25.         }
    27.         tMDigTemp.text = TemperatureD.ToString("0") + " °C";
    29.     }
    31. }

24. es_vil

es_vil

Hi,
    Messing around with True Sky atm, is there any ressources like tutorials or in depth documentation? I'm trying to find more information about the thunderstorms (what each parameters does) and maybe a tutorial on how to have lightning strikes... for now I can't seem to make it work, and I can see that it'S probably correlated with the 3D clouds.

25. Koogi-Krain

Koogi-Krain

Is the website down? 11JAN2019?

26. NWHCoding

NWHCoding

I have contacted Simul over email a few times but no response, maybe more luck here?

I am using TrueSKY and so far I am having a problem where no matter what the Skybox is rendered black. This makes it impossible to use with AQUAS or any other water package or anything that requires reflections in fact.

Also, I have been unable to get cloud shadows and god rays to appear.

Anyone else?

27. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Yes, I also tried to contact the devs via mail, I also doesn't receive any response. :(

28. NWHCoding

NWHCoding

Here is what the demo scene looks like. Tried In Unity 2018.2 and .3, as well as Unity 2017. Version 4.1 seems to work slightly better. Only two things that were changed is camera position (which seems to be under the ground for some reason by default) and cloud type. I do not think it is supposed to look like this?

upload_2019-2-3_12-51-4.png

29. phacolyte

phacolyte

@nachosimul I'm using HTC vive and get separate view like this, (with share buffers for vr selected,if not there won't be any cloud at all).can anyone tell me what's wrong or what parameter to adjust?? thanks very much!!! aa.PNG and i've tried unity 2017.3 \2018.3 trueSKY-Unity2017-4.1a.1045-x64 \
    trueSKY-Unity2017-4.2.192-x64 \
    trueSKY-Unity2018-4.1a.193-x64\
    trueSKY-Unity2018-4.2.193-x64 but nothing changes

30. local306

local306

Is this abandoned?

31. hopeful

hopeful

I think so.

For instance, not only has @nachosimul not logged into the forum since last July, but his name doesn't show up anymore on autocomplete for his tag, leading me to believe he's deleted his account.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  32. local306

local306

Bummer. I saw there was a sale for it because of GDC. Looks promising, but reading through here leads me to believe it's dead.

33. John-G

John-G

It very much still.in active development, just the Dev's are not active here.
    You could mail them and ask for an invitation to Slack the platform that they are active on.

Truesky is currently on sale now at €50 and includes simul water as part of the Truesky package so a fantastic offer.

local306 and hopeful like this.
  34. local306

local306

That's good to know it hasn't died. The demos look great, so I was hoping to add this to my library.

35. jashan

jashan

IIRC, @nachosimul no longer works for the company but they are available via email (or at least they were last time I needed something). They also have a Slack and/or Discord (I believe it was Slack but I haven't added this on my current dev machine). Maybe someone could send them a message and ask them to check back on the forum?

36. iddqd

iddqd

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    jashan likes this.
  37. JamesSimul

JamesSimul

trueSKY is thriving, just not in the Unity Forum.

Head over to our Slack and find out what is new with trueSKY!

Exbleative, John-G and hopeful like this.