Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Tropical Forest Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baldinoboy, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @nova234, Will finish cleaning dev project and be able to test LWRP this weekend. There is a slight fix in the shader and also HDRP support coming very shortly. So will probably wait to upload till that is out but can send a LWRP support update to anyone who needs it via PM. When it is ready to go of course.

2. nova234

nova234

So @Baldinoboy ,
    if its finish and can you send me LWRP update.

How the Bushes go ?

With greets
    Nova and his Team

3. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Had an issue when trying to set it up last week. Lars sent me another to test but will not be able to get to that till this weekend as work is quite busy.

The bushes are not going to be in this update. They are going to take time to work on. Especially to have smoothed normals but keep PBR features. Going to be a tricky setup.

4. Migueljb

Migueljb

Awesome job on this pack Baldinoboy:) Was able to make some really cool 360 videos with it using Vegetation Studio.

Thanks again and keep up the great work will be looking out for your next great stuff to use.

5. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

@Migueljb, That is awesome! Did not even know you could do 3d videos in YouTube. Thanks for sharing!

6. nova234

nova234

Hi @Baldinoboy,

I hope you could fix the problem last weekend with Lars ? Im Sorry if i push you, but my work stands still and my Boss let me know this every day.

Its ok when the Bushes takes the next update. LWRP is much more important here for me.

With Greets
    Nova and his Team

7. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

8. whidzee

whidzee

Hey, this package is looking good .I'm wondering. Does it also come with the tropical water shader?

9. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @whidzee, Which shader are you wondering about? There are the particle and simple water shader that you see in the demo but they are just Shader Forge shaders and are more of a placeholder.

10. whidzee

whidzee

I was thinking the ocean shaders

Also, In your import video you're setting all the deferred shader settings in the project settings. will this cause a problem with the entire project if i am to import your package into my project?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  11. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @whidzee, No do not have any ocean shader. There are good water shaders on the store like Lux Water.

First thing of course would always recommend backing up your project before importing anything, even an art package.

Well importing the package into a project would be the same process. If your project is already in Deferred than when loading the scene the trees and plants will not looks right. Be shiny pinkish and no translucency. Applying the custom deferred shaders in the Graphics settings will get them looking right. Only issue there could be is if you have another Deferred Diffuse or Reflection shader applied already.

If you are using forward and not Deferred than you do not have to follow that video for the deferred setup.

12. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey all, Just an update that I am still working on the LWRP setup. Just have not had much time to focus on it and it needs resetting of all the prefabs. So will try getting thru it this next week and then getting to HDRP.

13. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I managed to get FTP up and running ok bar for one issue. The Trees LOD/billboard is black in the scene. See attached image and the bottom right is what they should be like.

Using VS Pro all the trees are like this but when I drag a tree into the scene it displays fine and the lod groups seem ok. But the tree trunks are black as in image until I move closer, then they display correctly by loading the next lod, I presume. Im no expert though.

Any ideas how to fix this or whats going on?

Thanks

I have added the shaders to graphix as described in instructions, but cant get the trees to display corractly. Thanks.
    Capture.PNG

14. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @Hawk0077,

Not sure what the issue here is. So it is the VS Billboards? The tree looks fine when bringing in a normal tree prefab not using VS? Also it is the billboard and not the LOD1+ having black billboards?

Will check this out. Couple more questions. Unity version and VS version?

First thing I always try with VS is restarting Unity and regenerating the billboard with different quality settings. Change billboard quality and then regenerate the billboard.

Best Regards,
    Baldinoboy

BrokenVector and Hawk0077 like this.
  15. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Latest Pro version of VS and latest releasr Unity 2019.2.11f

Also the other stuff you ask, I cant tell whether its a billboard or LOD issue.

I will create a short video.

16. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

Make sure you are on Linear/Deferred
    and check if the custom shader has been setup properly.

17. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I believe its related to the Amount of Snow set in VS.

I have snow OFF/0 for all trees in CTI/LOD Bark etc. This stops snow appearing on trees.
    0.8 in VS so that moss is rendered on rocks etc.

But it appears that the black is where the snow should be because when I turn down the snow from 0.8 to ) the black is replaced by bark as it should be.

I am at Linear Deferred.

18. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

If you are using VS.. .did you try using the VS CTI shader controller?
    Haven't actually tried this myself but it's right here...
    upload_2019-12-1_14-43-8.png

Hawk0077 likes this.
  19. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

20. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

21. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

The snow is coming from the CTI shader. Attached to the tree:

CTI/LOD BArk
    CTI/LOD Leaves

snow1.PNG

Where its says -1.53... that was by default set to 5 so the trees were white.

I changed them to 0, and now they show as -1.53.

Doing that removed the snow from the tree leaves and bark.

I haven't attache NM shader's anywhere. I just added the TFP_Jungle biome to VSPro.

The video then shows that the snow setting in VSPro caused the current issue.

Im not clever enough to start changing shaders from one to the other. I buy a tree, put it through VSPro and it works or it doesnt.

It just happens that the TFP package is too good to throw away so I had another go at it and the issues changed from to much wind previously to this current issue.

22. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

Well I haven't used CTI shaders in a few years so maybe they added snow cover options... /shrug

Hawk0077 likes this.
  23. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

lol, no problem, and thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

24. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thank you for the assistance @Gabriel_SG!

@Hawk0077, So with that snow multiplier adjustment it is looking right now? The coming shader update will remove the snow and rain effects. They were a WIP effect that was not finished for production. So will be removing them soon.

Let me know if you are still having this issue or need assistance with something else.

Kaen_SG and Hawk0077 like this.
  25. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, much appreciated.

Actually I just did 4 builds to find the culprit of this issue (see image).

Im currently on my last build before I have to remove the CTI shaders to see if they are the cause. Presuming my current build still has the issue.

I have added 4 things new lately and am just removing them one by one then building to see if the issue is still there.

2019-12-01-(10).png

Addition: It looks like its the shaders as I have removed and built to test everything else

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  26. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Not sure why the CTI shaders would effect the Skybox but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to issues with Unity and Shaders support.

Could you test removing the CTI Deferred shaders from the Graphics Deferred slots and build it? The trees shading will be broken but might narrow the possibility down to the Deferred shaders.

Also are you using a custom Skybox extension?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  27. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Badinoboy, I am using enviro. And a variation skybox. I will be testing it today. Thanks.

28. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @Hawk0077, Did you get to test the removal of the Deferred shaders and see if the sky is still freaking out in the build?

29. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I did remove the shaders yes. But the sky still freaked out. lol.

The problem wasnt with the shaders though. It was due to the Unity Limitation on Scene filesize of 4gb. I had gone over that when I installed the forest and a couple of other quite small assets.

I had to divide one large scene into 15 smaller scenes then the error went away.

I cant do it just now but removing the shaders made no difference but there was a slight issue with the banana tree leaves not displaying right. But I am in the middle of configuring everything related to multi scene loading... cross scene referensing issues and such to take a look right now.

But I will try to load the vegetation and take a screenshot of the leaves. Later today.

But thanks for asking and the push towards a solution.

30. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Oh, that is crazy. Would adjusting texture resolutions help or was it just a monster of a scene?

Yeah send a screenshot of the banana leaf error and will take a look.

Cheers!

Hawk0077 likes this.
  31. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Monster scene. But its much better now. 5 mins Il load the veg. here it is

Capture.PNG

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Baldinoboy likes this.
  32. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I just loaded the shaders back into the graphics settings and that made no difference.
    Capture2.PNG

33. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Oh yeah, Was thinking you might be meaning the young palm. Is this also happening on the banana or just the palm?

This is an issue with VS not understanding multiple leaf materials. There is an easy fix though.

So basically go into the VS Settings and edit the CoconutPalmTree03_LOD_VS & CoconutPalmTree04_LOD_VS asset for each Biome it is in. In the VS settings need to go down to CTI Tree Shader tab and under Foliage settings raise the Alpha cutoff to something like .35. Do this for both those trees and has to be done for each version of them in other biomes unfortunately.

Let me know how that works and if there is an issue.

One possible thing that might happen is the bark start to cut away because of the alpha adjustment. Think I set it up correctly for this issue but if you see this let me know and we can get that fixed too.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Hawk0077 likes this.
  34. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Just clocking off so willl take a look in the morning. Many thanks. I will inform you of the results. And thanks. Mucha preciated.

Baldinoboy likes this.
  35. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Bobs ya grandad. Perfik. Thanks... Oh that means its fixed. lol. Cheers

Baldinoboy likes this.
  36. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Great! Glad it is working.

Used to Bob's your Uncle but can start using both :)

Cheers

Hawk0077 likes this.
  37. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I like to throw a curve ball every now and then to mix it up a little. hehehe

Baldinoboy likes this.
  38. BrokenVector

BrokenVector

Has anyone had the issue of the Kapok tree spawning directly on the camera when using vegetation studio? It's the only prefab that does it and it doesn't seem to matter if it's the VS or normal prefab.

39. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I use VSPro and TFP and have never seen anything like that issue and have no idea what could cause it. BUT, I have seen another poste somewhere in this forum related to the same thing unless that was you?

Search the forum for phrases like: appear on camera, camera and search the titles of those results to find it.

hope this helps

BrokenVector likes this.
  40. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @BrokenVector

The only time I see this issue is when a prefab in VS is using a rendering type that the shader does not support. Specifically using an Instanced tree as Instanced Indirect. Strange problem is the trees, including the Kapok, should work fine Instanced Indirect.

To test could you set the rendering type for the Kapoks in all the Biomes to Instanced?

BrokenVector likes this.
  41. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

That's what I heard you say previously to the issue I mentioned. lol

BrokenVector likes this.
  42. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Yeah that is the only thing I could do to recreate this issue. Helped a few people that messaged with the same thing via email. Is with the older version of TFP though before Instanced Indirect was working.

BrokenVector and Hawk0077 like this.
  43. BrokenVector

BrokenVector

Bingo, that worked. I tried that yesterday but it was forcing it back into instanced indirect on play. All good now.

By the way, release some new assets so I can give you more money. I've had TFP for a few years now and it is by far the best tree asset. I have Speedtree to make my own models to bolster the variety, but I spend a ton of time just trying to make them look half as good as yours. Great work man!

Hawk0077 likes this.
  44. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I purchased a speedtree pack and it was very greedy. They emptied my kitchen and bank account too. I have to kick them out. I now use TFP and NatureManufacturer trees, they do VS optimized versions in their packs.

45. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Great! Glad that fixed it @BrokenVector

Thanks! Soon will be getting back into 3d and make some more environments.

46. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @Baldinoboy !!!
    TFP does not work for Universal render Pipeline?

I have downloaded and imported the package but the shaders do not work

When would TFP work for URP now that it takes a few months out of preview?

regards

47. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @ftejada,

The CTI shaders were recently updated to work with the render pipelines but I have not had much time to update the pack yet. All the materials have to be redone for each render pipeline.

Also having an issue with prefabs not working on import with the new prefab system. They just break apart on the import end. So trying to figure that out. If anyone has an idea about that please let me know.

So need to figure that out and then spend a couple days putting everything back together. Will try getting the update out next weekend but the prefab issue might push that back

ftejada likes this.
  48. Migueljb

Migueljb

Any ETA on when HDRP will be working in 2019.3? Be great to start using hdrp with these assets on some new tropical scenes as well. Thx for all the hard work on the conversions your doing.

49. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @Migueljb, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Working on it but getting the LWRP done first since it has been requested the most. Will get to HDRP this next week once done with LWRP. Looking forward to HDRP the most for testing with the effects included.

An unrelated question but have not had much of a chance to chat in other forums. Do they have Occlusion Probes for darkening ambient lighting officially in HDRP yet? Been really wanting to test that out.

50. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi all,

Did some work on LWRP and seem to have it working. Know LWRP is already gone and out but still very requested so once it is working will move on to HDRP & URP.

If anyone bought the package and is wanting to use it in LWRP please PM me with the Invoice# from the order you got the pack in. Can use some testers to see if it works well. Have it setup in Unity 2019.1.3.

Cheers!

Edit- Good news! Moving this package and replacing the shaders with URP ones and there is no need to redo the whole package again! So URP is good for testing too. Can PM me for LWRP and URP package & help testing it.

Hopefully HDRP will be the same but I doubt it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    Rowlan likes this.