Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Tropical Forest Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baldinoboy, Aug 28, 2017.

1. sharkapps

sharkapps

@Baldinoboy the colliders all look great now in the new biome packages, but the white billboards remain. I also deleted and re-imported TFP, but have not tried re-importing VS and could not find a way to re-process the billboards. The TFP Biomes I created myself have working billboards, so I think it must be something about the biome packages.

2. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

You can regenerate the billboards for a tree here-
    VS Billboards.jpg

Just can not recreate the white billboards on import so hoping this fixes them. If not will contact Lennart to see what is happening.

3. sharkapps

sharkapps

Thanks for pointing me to the button. In my existing project, regenerating the billboards did not change anything. Next, I tried doing everything from scratch with a new project and got the same results at first, even after regenerating billboards. The "Refresh prefab" button will fix the issue for a single tree in a single biome package. There is a "Refresh all prefabs" button under the Debug Tab clears them all up at once.

4. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Alright so this is still an ongoing issue in your main project? At least for the Biomes I sent? I can get in contact with the VS dev to see if I we can fix this issue and keep it from happening again.

5. sharkapps

sharkapps

No, it is not ongoing, as pressing the Refresh all prefabs button cleared up the billboards in my main project as well. Here is a video of me setting up a project from scratch where you can see the white billboards. This was recorded a few hours before I found the Refresh all prefabs button.

Best regards,
    Tony

Baldinoboy likes this.
  6. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Alright good. Thanks Tony. Talked to Lennart and looks like I can fix this from happening again so will work on that for a fix update.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  7. sharkapps

sharkapps

Do I need to use AFSv.5 to get touch bending to work with TFP?

8. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Yes, Also ATG when used with Vegetation Studio. Have not used it in a while but when I did last the ATG Foliage VS shader had a touchbending setting.

The default CTI shaders do not have any touch bending options though. Would be cool to have but doubt it will be an option in the future. Mainly shader complexity and performance.

9. nova234

nova234

Any chance to become a Update for Unity 2019.1.x , for the LW Render pipeline

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  10. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Sorry for the long delay @nova234. CTI support for LW and HDRP is being worked on at the moment. Is a very difficult process because of the complexity of the shaders and them having to be re-written for both RPs. Can not promise it will be coming soon but it will happen eventually.

11. Sam512

Sam512

Bro, trees and foliage stopped animate after I closed and opened Unity (Unity 2018..3.14f1)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  12. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @unity_c1ndWE1Nn46iPg,

Sorry for that issue. Either an asset store import issue or could also be the wind script. In the scene that there was no wind was there a windzone with the CTI Wind for LOD trees script attached?

Also any error right now or is it working okay?

Best Regards,
    Baldinoboy

13. Sam512

Sam512

I'll ask you later when I start working with your asset

14. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

15. Sam512

Sam512

So, bro, how did you create those beautiful waterfall's particles? Would like to use it in my game for commercial

16. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

In older versions I was using a custom Dithered shader but in the most recent version think I switched it to a new included particle shader. Also applied a normal change to the particle system in the render tab. This helps with the lighting some. A custom shadowed particle shader would help so much too. You can of course use it how you want.

17. Sam512

Sam512

If possible, can you add a bit straight coconut tree trunk in the next update? Because when I put it in the scene, I always get Mayan or Caribbean sea feeling in it. I mean if possible

18. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Yeah that has been requested before so is on the list when making the next update. There will be one more improvement update for this pack with some new trees/plants and improvements to some of the current so so things like grass.

Sam512 likes this.
  19. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi @Baldinoboy ,

i am interested in getting the tropical vegetation pack but i am also wanting to get this asset "Next-Gen Soft-Shadows" which also seems to require setting custom shaders in Graphics panel. How both assets suppose to work together. Anyway of combining them !? I will ask in the other asset thread as well, but any input on this will be appreciated ! Thanks !

20. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @Vagabond_ ,

Have not used v2 but do remember using NGS v1 with this pack for fun and it worked fine. Do not remember NGS needing Deferred Diffuse or Deferred Reflections and that is all you need for CTI in Deferred mode. Think NGS needed another input in the Graphics tab for the shadowing that CTI does not use.

So it should work fine. If there are issues though you can PM me.

21. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Thanks, i also asked there just to be sure !

22. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Sounds good. If you have time let me know what they say and if there are any issues. NGS is a must use system in my opinion so need things to work.

hopeful likes this.
  23. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi @Baldinoboy

here is actually a post with an explanation of what it should be added to a shader - NGSS

24. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thanks for the info. Messaged the shader dev on it. Will message back when I hear from him.

25. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @Vagabond_, Just letting you know the shader dev will add this in probably this next week. Not going to update the pack with this edit because he said it adds a texture lookup if using NGSS or not so want to keep the shaders as optimized as possible. Can of course share the edited shaders when they are ready with anyone who needs them and make a note on the store page.

Akshara likes this.
  26. BrokenVector

BrokenVector

@Baldinoboy Is there any chance that you plan on merging your coconut palm package with TFP? I visually prefer your old palms but can't configure them well with VS.

franky_li likes this.
  27. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @BrokenVector, Do not have plans to bring them into Tropical Forest Pack. They were made using the tree creator and this pack is all modeled. So completely different setups. Will add a straighter palm to this pack in the next update when I can get back to it.

With the Coconut Palm Tree Pack would look into AFS and its AFS Tree shaders compatibility with VS. If it is than you would just need to use the AFS versions for the trees included in the pack and apply the right shader. Than they should work in VS. Just have not tested this and not sure if the AFS Tree shader is compatible with VS, especially with billboards.

28. nova234

nova234

Hi @Baldinoboy ,

Finally CTI got a LWRP update. Any chance my Indie studio gets an Update for this asset pack for LWRP now .

29. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @nova234, Yeah that is great to see! Will focus on getting an update for TFP with the new shaders this next week.

LBPToo likes this.
  30. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

For 6.9 HDRP?

31. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @SickaGamer, No HDRP support yet. Lars has been working on it but HDRP is a monster to tackle with a custom shader. We are not even sure if similar wind quality or features can be recreated in HDRP because of the shader graph dependence.

32. nova234

nova234

Hi @Baldinoboy ,

i want to say thanks from the hole team.

I have a second request, if its not to much. Your pack is awesome but its missing one thing. The Problem is this thing is not only missing in your nature pack. Its like missing in every Pack we purchased. Its Bush´s, i compare you pack with the vegetation in crysis 1. And Bushs are amazing to hide inside or behind and looks amazing in crysis tropical forest. Is it possible to get one or two amazing Bush´s ? One big bush 2 meter or higher and a smaller one 1 meter or smaller ?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Rowlan and ftejada like this.
  33. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @nova234, Thank you for your message and request! Bushes are in the pipeline for the next product update. Bushes will be the first to work on. Then other things like straighter palms and an additional tree or two.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    hoodoo and Kaen_SG like this.
  34. nova234

nova234

Hi @Baldinoboy,
    the week is you sad is gone. How´s the status for the LWRP ?

With Greets
    Nova

35. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, thought I would try here as I had no response from email. Is there any other shader that will work with the Tropical Forest plants and trees as it just crashes unity 2019 on build.

Also If I don't use wind on the shader (as it seems to be in a hurricane with no visible way to turn it down) the trees then stand still in VSPro and so I find this difficult to work with?

Any suggestions appreciated.

36. AlexanderElert

AlexanderElert

Hi there!

I managed to recreate the materials with the shaders of the HDRP / lit version of unity 2019.2.4f1. Obtaining translucency effect and PBR look. But I couldn't get the wind effect to work.

Is there any way to use the wind effect in unity 2019 with HDRP?
    In case it is not available yet: how long do you think it might take to solve this problem?
    It's crucial to my project achieve this effect.

Thanks

Attached Files:

37. nova234

nova234

Hi @AlexanderElert,

I don't know what wrong with the creator is, of this awesome pack he made. He went silence for 20 days.
    But I can help you to get an answer to your Problem. This asset uses, the asset CTI (Custom Tree Importer) to import the models into Unity. CTI is a shader and the main Problem (for your wind problem) at the moment for HDRP and LWRP support. He cannot give you an HDRP update, befor CTI becomes an Update for HDRP (he no shader dev). CTI says that he only update his asset to HDRP when HDRP is out of preview and that's in 2020.

38. sharkapps

sharkapps

Hello, has anyone tried TFP on Unity 2019.3 builds? I am getting a shader error in the CTI shaders:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Hidden/Camera-DepthNormalTexture': undeclared identifier 'OUT' at Assets/TFP/1)Extra/CTI Runtime Components/Shaders/Includes/CTI_Builtin4xTreeLibraryTumbling.cginc(518) (on d3d11)
    3. Compiling Vertex program with LOD_FADE_CROSSFADE _METALLICGLOSSMAP _NORMALMAP
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    I am just using the built-in pipeline, not Universal or HDRP.

MrBuBBLs likes this.
  39. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I cant get it to work either.

I fell out big time with those shaders to be honest. Contacted developer twice via email and twice in this forum. No response. So IO dumped them for now.

40. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

So I did 2 tests in 2019.3.0b7 and I had no errors without CTI shaders and with CTI shaders. You guys probably have some other unrelated issues? Also this dev has a full time job and a life and isn't a full time asset store dev (most assets dev here are like that) so geez cut him some slack your $10 isn't paying his morgage.

Clean Install in 2019.3.0b7 with TFP with no change in internal deferred shaders.
    upload_2019-10-20_16-25-6.png

Clean Install in 2019.3.0b7 with TFP using CTI internal deferred shaders.
    upload_2019-10-20_16-26-55.png

Take note that as shown in my screenshot... you have to change THREE shaders to use the CTI ones.
    Enjoy.

EDIT: Just to be absofreakinlutely sure there is no problem with TFP or CTI shaders. I ran a 3rd Test on Linear/Deferred renderer. and Yep no issues at all. other than a mesh collider warning which is unrelated.
    upload_2019-10-20_16-39-7.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    MrBuBBLs and Hawk0077 like this.
  41. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

thanks for the response. Although when your selling something it's called a business and I have not seen anythng stating anything other than that but noted. thanks

42. sharkapps

sharkapps

Hi @Gabriel_SG, thanks for trying to reproduce the issue on your system. Did you actually try to build (for Windows)? I don't actually see the shader error pop up in the console window until I produce a Windows build.

To fix the issue, I made the following change to Includes/CTI_Builtin4xTreeLibraryTumbling.cginc:

Code (CSharp):
    1. 517        #if defined(_NORMALMAP) && !defined(DEPTH_NORMAL)
    2. 518            OUT.origNormal = v.normal;
    3. 519        #endif
    I added the check for DEPTH_NORMAL in line 517, which seems like it should have been there all along, but I am not a shader expert. Now I do not see errors when I compile a build.

I am now having another issue where my billboards are not showing up in Vegetation Studio Pro, but I think that might be a VSPro problem.

MrBuBBLs likes this.
  43. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I managed to get it to build but the wind is still uncontrollable.

44. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

So I went ahead and built for Windows. No Errors.
    upload_2019-10-21_1-57-39.png

upload_2019-10-21_1-52-18.png

Build works fine. Your problem is probably assets not getting along with one another rather than a problem with TFP or CTI shaders. The CTI shaders provided are developed by Forst not Baldinoboy so it's not something the developer of this asset can fix for you anyway.

Personally not a huge fan of the CTI shaders myself... since it kind of needs to be setup as the custom default shader... and every other competing asset which has a different take on that also wants to be in that slot (most of them have better features too). For example, Uber, Lux, ATG, AFS.. etc so many lovers but only 1 of them gets to sleep in your bed at night... oh well.

MrBuBBLs, sharkapps and Hawk0077 like this.
  45. sharkapps

sharkapps

Thanks for your thoughts on shaders. I haven't had issues with CTI until I tried my little experiment with 2019.3 this weekend. I own AFSv5, but haven't tried it out yet, and I haven't tried ATG yet either. As you point out, you really only get one, I probably should be looking for something with better features. I just need to make sure it works with Enviro, VSPro, Aquas, RAM and that the better features don't add too much overhead.

46. AlexanderElert

AlexanderElert

Thank you!

47. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey Everyone, So sorry for disappearing like that. There is no excuse for not being there for support so am very sorry.

Hi @nova234, Will be getting into this later this week. Just need to clean up the current dev package I have done some work on and get the new shaders to test. So will message later this week with an update and hopefully update upload notice.

Hi @Hawk0077, Your email name might be different but do not have any un-responded emails. My email is- baldinoboy@gmail.com

Linked you in again below about the depthnormal issue. Not sure about the wind issue though. Very strange. Should be fine with VSPro unless there was an update on its end. How does the original Forgotten Valley wind look? In the script attatched to the windzone in that scene you should be able to control the wind strength on the CTI(Shader TFP uses) trees and plants.

In VS and VS Pro there should be a CTI Wind Strength bar that you can control the wind specifically for the TFP trees and plants. Again not sure why it is so strong but if adjusting that bar down a bit does not work it is a bug and I will pass this to Lennart or Lars.

Hi @AlexanderElert , Like Nova was kind enough to chime in there is no HDRP support in the shaders at the moment. It is being worked on but by the shader dev. I do not have any experience myself with code so not able to speed that up on my end. If I am misunderstand the question though let me know.

I have not tested 2019.3 yet but think this is an error some users see. I have contacted the dev on a few times and still have not had a fix for yet. In my test with it, the issue only comes up when in Deferred mode and the depthnormal shader can be deleted if using Deferred Rendering because it is not needed. So you can just delete that shader. I will message the dev about your quick fix @sharkapps and thank you for posting that!

This was a big message so sorry if I mixed up any quotes with responses and just let me know.

Will be unavailable this evening till Thursday so will get back to anyone before I leave and then when I get back Thursday.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  48. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Baldinoboy Do you have any new packages coming out!?

49. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @SickaGamer , Have been working on a few projects but have not been able to do much on them these last couple months. They will actually be under a different name since it is stemmed from a larger project, that I think lots of artist will appreciate. So will message you with that when it is ready, someday :)

rrahim and SickaGames1 like this.
  50. nova234

nova234

Hi @Baldinoboy,
    nice to hear you are back. Hope it wasnt something serious. SO how is the stand for LWRP and the Bushes :D

With greets
    Nova and his Team

Baldinoboy likes this.