Search Unity

[Released] Tropical Forest Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baldinoboy, Aug 28, 2017.

1. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Very nice, I didn't know Azure, but looks better than Enviro, with that atmospheric light...

2. franky_li

franky_li

Hi BaldinoBoy,
    Is there any chance that you update your Coconut Palm Tree Pack for use with VS and VS-Pro. Unfortunately there is only one palm tree in TFP and I need more different trees in my project.

3. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Right now not sure if it could. Will talk to Lennart about it and see if we could get it working with VS Pro. It is a different set of older shaders so not sure.

4. myownbot

myownbot

Just a heads up.

Updated from Unity2018.2 to Unity2018.3.4f1. Got this compilation error after switching to linerar, deffered etc

'MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference

Here is the quick fix
    https://github.com/Brackeys/RPG-Tutorial/issues/9

Baldinoboy likes this.
  5. myownbot

myownbot

This must be a known issue, isn't it?

upload_2019-2-3_18-29-38.png

6. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thanks for linking that. This error is just from when importing the _Extra Asset not the package right?

Yes, this is just from the particle and water shaders conflicting. I am not a shader artist so not sure of a way to fix this. Was using dithered shaders before to avoid this issue but not one liked the look and then 2018 broke them so just went with this I made in Shader Forge. The waterfall and water are just assets for the demo scene though. Not the advertised assets for the package like the foliage. Meant as fillers for more profesional effect assets.

7. myownbot

myownbot

Yes.

upload_2019-2-3_19-24-40.png

8. myownbot

myownbot

This was my first guess as well.

Currently in process of creating fly-through videos with Helios2D. Maybe, it's OT, but how can I disable LODs globally to avoid popping up? The Unity documentation is a bit confusing.

9. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Performance will be really bad but you can go into your project's quality settings and raise the LOD Bias to something high like 3-4. Will be a lot rendering though so doubt you will get a framerate above 10 on normal hardware. Having the LOD Bias at 2 should be enough I think. Some tree to billboard in the distance but close up should look fine.

10. myownbot

myownbot

Helios will take care that no frames will be dropped. It is slow anyway on my old PS. If I can let it do the job for 10 straight hours while I'm out of home, it's fine.

Thank you for this piece of advice.

Baldinoboy likes this.
  11. myownbot

myownbot

Volumetric light at default settings in 2018.3.4f1

upload_2019-2-10_0-19-55.png

ftejada likes this.
  12. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Baldinoboy any luck with those biomes for VS Pro?

13. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @myownbot,

I have two directional light prefabs with the volumetric lighting settings optimized. You can just delete the current directional light in the scene and throw the prefab in. Should improve the lighting a lot.

@SickaGamer,

No not yet. No break from work, but will be getting the biomes setup this next week and getting the update up.

Kaen_SG, SickaGames1 and myownbot like this.
  14. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

No rush.... but I can't wait to add this jungle biome to vs pro... /justsayin /nudge ;)

15. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

VS Pro Biomes? Desert package?

16. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

the desert biome in the vs pro videos are from speedtree unfortunately... no one's really made a good quality desert biome pack... /hint /hint... :p

Baldinoboy and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  17. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I know. I mentioned this to him a while back. All of the current Unity desert packages are not that great... Come on @Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy likes this.
  18. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Working on the Biomes. Have a little bit of time on the weekends that I have been spending cleaning things up for the update and setting up biomes.

When it comes to a Desert/Arid environment just hold on. There is something in the works.

SirTwistedStorm, hopeful and Kaen_SG like this.
  19. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey guys, especially @SickaGamer

Figured out the biome system so setting things up. What do you guys think would be best for the setup? A base biome of just grass and plants to cover the whole terrain and then the area biomes or just everything setup across the entire terrain and then special areas setup with the area biomes?

20. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I think your base general biome sounds great. Then you can get into specific like Rain forest, Jungle, Island ect... What ever your packages can create!

21. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thanks man! Will do it that way then. Just gotta say, even though there is not much new, you guys are going to love this update. Mainly because of how much VS Pro support has improved.

camta005, Kaen_SG and GorkaChampion like this.
  22. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

Yeah I agree... different densities of various trees and plants can create a different biome experience... so maybe a general base biome.. then have diverse options to further differentiation

Baldinoboy and SickaGames1 like this.
  23. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey guys,

https://imgur.com/Ix7cgyS

So learned how to do VS Pro Biomes this weekend and put together a few. Let me know what you think.

Default-

https://imgur.com/BsPo43R

So this default profile can cover the whole terrain with as good density tropical forest and paint the textures correctly from beaches to cliffs.

Clearing-

https://imgur.com/U7nDV94

This Biome is for creating more empty areas on a terrain but still dense with life. Good for saving some FPS on a larger terrain. Also it prioritizes the grass texture for this area so it is more green.

Forest-

https://imgur.com/KNiy5Cn

My favorite Biome since its ground is densely covered but it is still pretty clear for nice walks or shootouts :)

Jungle-

https://imgur.com/YgykqG5

https://imgur.com/Brf516g

Now this Biome is a bit crazy. With the default density settings it is extremely dense. You can barely see the ground or the sky anywhere in this biome. Problem with this biome is it is very hard on hardware. On my GTX 1080 laptop I am able to keep it above 60 FPS but that is still low for a 1080. Main issue is shadowing.

By default I am keeping everything casting shadows so if you want to use this biome but need the extra performance you can disable shadowing on all the non-canopy trees and that should get you a good framerate. You can also lower the density of things you do not think need as much placement as the canopy trees.

For these Biomes I did optimizes for distance per tree and plant so that you get decent performance having the tree distance higher and also not a flat like of mesh to billboard changes. Also all collisions are setup for the trees and rocks.

So I will clean things up and put this all together this week. Also get a video to show this in action and put on the store page for the update.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    nirvanajie and Rowlan like this.
  24. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Let me know if you guys can see the images or not. I can not see the ones I posted and not sure why. Tried every share method with Dropbox and Imgur and they are still not showing up for me now.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  25. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I can't see them.

26. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thanks for letting me know. The community is not letting me imbed images at all anymore so just sharing links that you can go to. Sorry about that. Hope they fix this issue sometime in the future.

27. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I'll let you know! My work doesn't allow me to bring up that so I will let you know after I get home. Make sure you advertise that you have VS Pro biomes! That will help sell! I also can't wait for your desert package! First thing on my buy list :) Don't forget the biomes with that too!!!

28. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Those are AWESOME! Good job! That should make a lot of VS Pro guy happy!

29. Rowlan

Rowlan

Those images are awesome. Why not embed them directly in the post? I took yours and embed them for convenience until it's resolved for you. Let me know when I can delete this post.

BsPo43R.jpg

Clearing
    U7nDV94.jpg

Forest
    KNiy5Cn.jpg

Jungle
    YgykqG5.jpg
    Brf516g.jpg

30. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thank you @Rowlan! Used to load them in directly but it had the same issue with me with the error messages or just not showing anything. Will see if I can do that again though.

31. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

Biomes look awesome! Clearing looks a little bit heavy on the samey-samey type of plants.. probably because the trees were taken out.

32. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

The clearing area has about 18 different assets but I made it a bit dense. Will probably dial back the density to make it feel less repetitive. The forest biome has the least amount of unique assets but is not as repetitive because of the low density.

Kaen_SG likes this.
  33. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Great Work, the instance indirect for VS Pro is coming, isn't it?

34. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Yes and it speeds things up quite a bit. The update will be uploading this week but again anyone who needs it PM me and I can send the updated shaders.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  35. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

are you uploading the update this week?

36. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Going to try. Have a bit more cleaning to do but everything else is good to go.

37. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Sounds good

38. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey all,

Tropical Forest Pack 1.3.0 is up and ready to update to!

-It is using Unity 2018.2.6 so you need to be using that or later to get it working.

-New Vegetation Studio Pro Biomes are included in the Prefabs/VS folder along the VS optimized prefabs.

-You can use VS environment controls to increase the snow or rain wetness on the trees and plants now! If you do not use VS you can do the same with Lux Weather Controller included with Lux- Github & Asset Store

Let me know what you guys think and if you come across any issues.

Cheers,
    Baldinoboy

39. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Sounds great!

40. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

41. Scifi6th

Scifi6th

Hi Baldinoboy!

First of all, this asset pack is awesome. :)
    Any news about compatibility with rendering pipelines?

Regards,
    Scifi6th

42. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thank you @Scifi6th! No news on the render pipelines yet. Want to use the current shaders so lots of problems to tackle there to get working in the pipelines.

43. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

How about the desert package?

bwv1056 likes this.
  44. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

You mean if I plan for it in HDRP or LRP?

45. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

No. Just coming out with desert biomes asset

46. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Oh okay. No time soon as I do not have any time to do modeling at the moment. We are still at the first step and are scanning assets from an arid biome. The scans are coming out great so when I get the time we will start putting them together and making a few foliage assets.Hopefully mid to late Spring.

camta005 and SickaGames1 like this.
  47. sharkapps

sharkapps

Hi @Baldinoboy, I have some notes:
    - I didn't realize your pre-made Biomes were available because for some reason they don't show up in the list of VegetationPackagePro Biome packages
    - the billboards in the packages show up as opaque white
    - i don't see any grass in any of the biomes
    - some of the tree colliders are not grounded, so things will get stuck under them

In this video, I show the 4 included biomes and what they look like when I set them up in an existing project. I also show a biome I had already built in VSPro using the TFP-provided VS prefabs.

I am using Unity 2018.3.12f1, Vegetation Studio Pro 1.1.0, TFP 1.3.0

Also, I have a question -- it looks like from what I have read so far, I need AFSv.5 to get touch-bending with TFP, as the shaders are not compatible with VSPro's TouchReact, correct?

Best regards,
    Tony

48. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi Tony,

That is strange. Not sure if I can do anything about that on my end.

Thanks for the video to show these issues. Honestly it looks like there is an import issue or bug because this is definitely not coming up in any testing I did. Billboards are fine, groundcover in the biomes, and collision seems fine. Do need to test the collision more though as I did not spend too much time on that. Could you try a few things if you have not already?

-Delete TFP and re-import
    -Re-process the billboards
    -If still not working delete and re-import VS Pro

Are there other CTI tree packs in your project? Anything that might have CTI Runtime Components besides TFP?

Sorry for these issues. We will get them fixed though.

49. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Just checked and can confirm the collider issue is my doing. Not sure what I did wrong but know I was irritated copying collider settings back and forth for the biomes so must have really just screwed it up. Fixing it quickly now and will send fixed biomes here.

50. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey guys,

Have a fix for the colliders. Did not know there was a From Prefab option for the colliders. This helped get the capsule and mesh colliders aligned correctly. Here is the packages to replace the current biomes-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8znrhwjnbfi8h7/Biomes.unitypackage?dl=0

Thanks again @sharkapps for letting me know of this issue. Please let me know of any update on those other issues you are having.