Search Unity

[Released] Tropical Forest Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baldinoboy, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

I deleted TFP and redownloaded it and now everything is working fine. Probably had an older TFP version cached, my bad.

Edit: BTW there is an error when importing TFP:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/TFP/1)Extra/Scripts/ExtendedFlycam.cs(4,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `ExtendedFlycam'

2. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Great! Glad it is working!

That error is because there was already the same script in your project so one of them has to be deleted. So can just delete the TFP one and the error will go away.

3. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

Yeah I just renamed the script and class to (very creatively) ExtendedFlycam2.

4. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

That works

5. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

upload_2018-8-11_16-28-22.png

I am using Unity 2017.4.3f1 and am having these errors. In my project I only have TFP. Can you help me?

6. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @CraftingPixelLab,

Can definitely help out. Only error their that I am not used to seeing is the Unknown Shader Channel Count. Is the compiling halted or are you still able to play and the error removable?

The Flycam is an old script and just included for having a movable camera when starting the project. Can be deleted.

Will ask Lars about the Debug shader error.

The LOD error is just on import and because the way the trees need to be exported is on their own with the LOD naming and Unity wants all the LODs to be exported together. Is not necessary and the error will not effect anything.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  7. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @Baldinoboy , Is the lod_bark shader compatible with vegetation studio instanced indirect like the lod_leaves version? I cant seem to get the trunks visble.

8. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @AndyNeoman,

First thing is right now the 1.2.2 update is not working with Instance Indirect. Just noticed recently and Lennart is getting it fixed for me. So will upload 1.2.3 with the 2018.2 shaders working with Instance Indirect correctly.

The issue with the trees and Instanced Indirect is that meshes with multiple submeshes do not work with instanced indirect in VS right now. Unless it was just added recently. So any prefab that has the bark shader will not work used as instanced indirect since that means it is a tree with two submeshes.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  9. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Thanks @Baldinoboy , Lennart did fix the two materials issue of instance indirect a while back but whether another issue has arose i'm not 100%. ill check his forum.

I can wait a little while so hopefully all will be ok with 1.2.3.

Any banana's? :) It's been a while since I cracked that joke he he.

I've been building up another project but the gorilla game is out of EA on October 31st hopefully we will have everything lined up for then.

Baldinoboy and Jesus like this.
  10. BrokenVector

BrokenVector

Hey @Baldinoboy,

First off, great interview with Messy.

Do you have any news on new trees or a new asset with more trees?

11. mukki014

mukki014

will it work for mobile?

12. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thanks @BrokenVector! Sorry for the late reply. Nothing new coming in yet. Have had a chance to process photoscanned objects here and there but been too busy at work to do anything substantial.

No, this is definitely a desktop pack. Have never tested it with mobile so not even sure if the shaders work.

13. mukki014

mukki014

well can you tell me the poly and tri of the package? thank you

14. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @mukki014, Sorry for the delay. Have tri count info on the first post and asset store page description. Here it is-

Triangle Counts

Tri Counts for the LOD0 models range from 32 for the simplest dead leaf cover mesh to 9873 for the complex rock mesh. Most of the trees and plants range from 500-3000 triangles. All non-particle Prefabs have LODs setup that bring the tri counts down. All of the trees and some of the plants have billboards.

mukki014 likes this.
  15. mukki014

mukki014

Thank you for the info .

16. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Of course. What would hurt for mobile would probably be more the model's vertex info. Is not as complex as SpeedTree but more complex than something like Tree Creator trees. Textures are higher res but they can be easily resized of course. Let me know if you have any other questions

mukki014 likes this.
  17. magique

magique

@Baldinoboy I think the latest package is broken. I installed the latest Vegetation Studio and the latest Tropical Forest Pack on Unity 2018.2.8f1 and saw a lot of issues. There are a bunch of grass/plant assets set to Instanced Indirect in the VS package, but they don't render correctly unless set to Instanced only. And none of the trees are rendering at all.

18. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @magique, Still working on a fix for them. Was waiting for new shaders but just skipping those and asked Lennart to update the current. Will get an update out as soon as they are working. Will setup the new profile to have the trees Instanced Indirect also. Should help a bit. Have also not tested with VS Pro so looking forward to that!

19. magique

magique

OK, thanks. For me it's just regular VS, not Pro.

20. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

The update will get it working for both

magique likes this.
  21. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey guys, Still waiting for an instanced indirect fix. Should have it soon and will update. Also a probability of adding weather effects! Rain wetness, plus snow if you are going for a Crysis ending feel :)

rrahim, SuperNewbee and ftejada like this.
  22. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Hi, I 've just opened the pack in 2018.3 to test it and later use in VS Pro but I get some weird colors.
    For instance some leaves on the big tree are almost blue and the palms' trunks are green.
    Maybe some issue with 2018 shaders?

23. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Hi. I am looking at the shaders today. Will try to create a shader controller class and add instancing to them.

Lennart

Baldinoboy likes this.
  24. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @GorkaChampion,

Thank you for contacting me about your issue! Could be two things. CTI shaders broken in 2018.3, which we can not fix when it is in beta because every little update will break it again. So will have to wait till official 2018.3 is released to fix any issues it might bring.

It can also be the deferred shaders. Hopefully at least since it will be an easy fix. Are you using Deferred rendering in the scene this issue is happening?

Awesome! Thank you Lennart. Know you are a crazy busy man.

25. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Using Deferred rendering, I see that if I change to Forward works great, do I need to setup any changes on it? Thanks,

26. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Okay good. This is an easy fix then. You can see in the TFP 1.1 setup video if it helps-

Sorry, it sounds like I had a few beers before recording that but really I am just horrible at speaking ;)

All we need to do is assign the CTI Deferred Diffuse and Deferred Reflection shaders in the projects graphics settings.

So go to Edit-Project Settings-Graphics

In the new window you will see the Built-in Shader Settings

For Deferred and Deferred Reflections select Custom Shader and input the CTI Deferred Shading and CTI Deferred Reflections into their corresponding slots.

As longs as the shaders are good everything should look right when in Deferred. Let me know how it goes.

27. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Ok, done and works great, setting up now in VS Pro, just one thing: changing the built in shaders and reflections on the Project Settings is it safe? I mean, maybe has some side effects to other shaders / renders on my project? Thanks,

28. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Glad it is working! I have not tested compatibility but there could be issues if using other deferred shaders like Uber or Alloy. If you do come across any issues though we can work on getting them working together.

29. magique

magique

Any word on this yet?

30. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey man, Lennart commented above that he is working on them today. So should be good getting an update up this week. Will PM anyone who needs it and send the update directly so you do not need to wait for the Asset Store to approve it.

31. magique

magique

Sorry, I missed his message. Thanks for the update.

32. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Any chance that you can create VS Pro biomes for your asset?

33. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

VS Pro Biomes are the same as VS Setup files right? If so will the current one I made for TFP work? If not will check it out and work on making a biome asset for VS Pro.

34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

That would be awesome! I think they are biome packages made for specific areas ie Desert biome, Meadow biome, Swamp Biomes, Lagoon Biomes ect..

35. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

I've already done mine on VS pro but would be great if you talk to Lennart and can include a Vegetation Package / Biome for VS Pro. I think you could proportionate 2:
    - Rain Forest Biome and Tropical Biome for instance.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  36. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

What would be awesome. I think you would also would have more customers if you advertised that you have VS Pro biomes already created. There is a huge need for that right now and virtually nothing exists.

37. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

He can do that now and just include it in a demo scene like NatureManufacture did for their Meadows package.

38. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Yeah I will look into putting these together. Have not had a chance to play with VS Pro Biomes so this would give me a chance.

39. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Got the time, do an awesome desert asset with biomes

Baldinoboy likes this.
  40. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Is this already indirect for VS Pro? Thanks

41. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @GorkaChampion,

Unfortunately still not working Instanced Indirect with VS. Still waiting on that fix and we get it to you guys when I get it.

I do have ATG and AFS version models of the foliage so right now that is the only option for getting instanced indirect vegetation working with VS. Just would have to buy ATG and set it up.

42. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Great news guys! Lennart worked on the shaders and setup instanced indirect for vegetation studio again plus a lot of additional features like:

LOD Blending- My favorite update! The branches now shrink and grow instead of popping away. This is already done for current trees when not using with VS but this is now working for trees being used in VS. Plus the trees will fade to billboard instead of a harsh pop.

Billboards- Billboards are looking better and now have wind effects!

Weathering- Already mentioned but Lars added some really nice weather effects including rain wetness and snow. Lennart added snow control and billboard support. The rain controller within VS is working for them too so you can use both the VS and/or Lux weather control for the plants and trees.

Controller- Not sure if this will be in Vegetation Studio or just the Pro version but there is now a controller for the material of the tree in the VS Prefab settings.\

Thank you @larsbertram1 and @LennartJohansen for all your work on these updates!

So I am going to do some testing and a few other updates. Make it worthy of a new version update. Also will play with VS biomes to try and get a few biome types setup. Tropical Rainforest, Forest, and maybe a Clearing Biome with more open grassy spaces with dead and fallen trees. Not common in the Tropics but your GPU will thank me :)

P.S.- If anyone needs the instanced indirect shaders right now PM me and I will send them your way.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    magique and SickaGames1 like this.
  43. BrokenVector

BrokenVector

I'm using 2018.2.18f1 and all leaves are showing up transparent:
    upload_2019-1-13_14-26-27.png
    Any ideas?

Edit:also using VS Pro. Doesn't seem to be an issue that VS Pro is causing though unless it's something to do with how the Jobs are configured to satisfy it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  44. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @BrokenVector,

That is strange. Does not look like the dither bug but just in case if you recently moved to 2018 did you update and download to Tropical Forest Pack 1.2.2?

45. BrokenVector

BrokenVector

Reimporting again seemed to solve it. VS Pro must have tweaked something when I installed it.

46. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Alright, Glad it is working.

47. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Hows the biomes coming!?

48. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Working on the update and going to work on the biomes last, since I still have to learn how to set them up. Will set them up though. Already have a new VS only demo island scene to have them shown off.

BrokenVector likes this.
  49. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

awesome! I'll have to check them out.

50. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey guys, Just a preview into TFP 1.3-

Just a test of the new Vegetation Studio Pro integration. Really pushing the GPU with the density, dynamic day cycle lighting using Azure[Sky], and an ocean using Lux Water. A couple noticeable issues with the water shading and sky light popping but these are not going to be included anyway. Just testing for fun. FPS is dropping into the 40s but this is on my laptop and the GPU is hot and throttling. Get a steady 60 FPS on my desktop.

No new assets on display but did adjust the maps on all the current ones to give more accurate specular and gloss shine in the leaves. Am adding a few things but busy so it is taking time. Again anyone who needs Instanced Indirect working with VS right now PM me and I can send the working shaders.

P.S. This scene will be in TFP 1.3 but will of course be mostly empty without VS loaded in.