Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Tropical Forest Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baldinoboy, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

I deleted TFP and redownloaded it and now everything is working fine. Probably had an older TFP version cached, my bad.

Edit: BTW there is an error when importing TFP:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/TFP/1)Extra/Scripts/ExtendedFlycam.cs(4,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `ExtendedFlycam'

2. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Great! Glad it is working!

That error is because there was already the same script in your project so one of them has to be deleted. So can just delete the TFP one and the error will go away.

3. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

Yeah I just renamed the script and class to (very creatively) ExtendedFlycam2.

4. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

That works

5. CraftingPixelLab

CraftingPixelLab

upload_2018-8-11_16-28-22.png

I am using Unity 2017.4.3f1 and am having these errors. In my project I only have TFP. Can you help me?

6. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @CraftingPixelLab,

Can definitely help out. Only error their that I am not used to seeing is the Unknown Shader Channel Count. Is the compiling halted or are you still able to play and the error removable?

The Flycam is an old script and just included for having a movable camera when starting the project. Can be deleted.

Will ask Lars about the Debug shader error.

The LOD error is just on import and because the way the trees need to be exported is on their own with the LOD naming and Unity wants all the LODs to be exported together. Is not necessary and the error will not effect anything.

CraftingPixelLab likes this.
  7. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @Baldinoboy , Is the lod_bark shader compatible with vegetation studio instanced indirect like the lod_leaves version? I cant seem to get the trunks visble.

8. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @AndyNeoman,

First thing is right now the 1.2.2 update is not working with Instance Indirect. Just noticed recently and Lennart is getting it fixed for me. So will upload 1.2.3 with the 2018.2 shaders working with Instance Indirect correctly.

The issue with the trees and Instanced Indirect is that meshes with multiple submeshes do not work with instanced indirect in VS right now. Unless it was just added recently. So any prefab that has the bark shader will not work used as instanced indirect since that means it is a tree with two submeshes.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  9. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Thanks @Baldinoboy , Lennart did fix the two materials issue of instance indirect a while back but whether another issue has arose i'm not 100%. ill check his forum.

I can wait a little while so hopefully all will be ok with 1.2.3.

Any banana's? :) It's been a while since I cracked that joke he he.

I've been building up another project but the gorilla game is out of EA on October 31st hopefully we will have everything lined up for then.

Baldinoboy and Jesus like this.
  10. BrokenVector

BrokenVector

Hey @Baldinoboy,

First off, great interview with Messy.

Do you have any news on new trees or a new asset with more trees?

11. mukki014

mukki014

will it work for mobile?

12. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thanks @BrokenVector! Sorry for the late reply. Nothing new coming in yet. Have had a chance to process photoscanned objects here and there but been too busy at work to do anything substantial.

No, this is definitely a desktop pack. Have never tested it with mobile so not even sure if the shaders work.

13. mukki014

mukki014

well can you tell me the poly and tri of the package? thank you

14. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @mukki014, Sorry for the delay. Have tri count info on the first post and asset store page description. Here it is-

Triangle Counts

Tri Counts for the LOD0 models range from 32 for the simplest dead leaf cover mesh to 9873 for the complex rock mesh. Most of the trees and plants range from 500-3000 triangles. All non-particle Prefabs have LODs setup that bring the tri counts down. All of the trees and some of the plants have billboards.

mukki014 likes this.
  15. mukki014

mukki014

Thank you for the info .

16. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Of course. What would hurt for mobile would probably be more the model's vertex info. Is not as complex as SpeedTree but more complex than something like Tree Creator trees. Textures are higher res but they can be easily resized of course. Let me know if you have any other questions

mukki014 likes this.
  17. magique

magique

@Baldinoboy I think the latest package is broken. I installed the latest Vegetation Studio and the latest Tropical Forest Pack on Unity 2018.2.8f1 and saw a lot of issues. There are a bunch of grass/plant assets set to Instanced Indirect in the VS package, but they don't render correctly unless set to Instanced only. And none of the trees are rendering at all.

18. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @magique, Still working on a fix for them. Was waiting for new shaders but just skipping those and asked Lennart to update the current. Will get an update out as soon as they are working. Will setup the new profile to have the trees Instanced Indirect also. Should help a bit. Have also not tested with VS Pro so looking forward to that!

19. magique

magique

OK, thanks. For me it's just regular VS, not Pro.

20. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

The update will get it working for both

magique likes this.
  21. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey guys, Still waiting for an instanced indirect fix. Should have it soon and will update. Also a probability of adding weather effects! Rain wetness, plus snow if you are going for a Crysis ending feel :)

rrahim, SuperNewbee and ftejada like this.
  22. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Hi, I 've just opened the pack in 2018.3 to test it and later use in VS Pro but I get some weird colors.
    For instance some leaves on the big tree are almost blue and the palms' trunks are green.
    Maybe some issue with 2018 shaders?

23. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Hi. I am looking at the shaders today. Will try to create a shader controller class and add instancing to them.

Lennart

Baldinoboy likes this.
  24. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @GorkaChampion,

Thank you for contacting me about your issue! Could be two things. CTI shaders broken in 2018.3, which we can not fix when it is in beta because every little update will break it again. So will have to wait till official 2018.3 is released to fix any issues it might bring.

It can also be the deferred shaders. Hopefully at least since it will be an easy fix. Are you using Deferred rendering in the scene this issue is happening?

Awesome! Thank you Lennart. Know you are a crazy busy man.

25. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Using Deferred rendering, I see that if I change to Forward works great, do I need to setup any changes on it? Thanks,

26. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Okay good. This is an easy fix then. You can see in the TFP 1.1 setup video if it helps-

Sorry, it sounds like I had a few beers before recording that but really I am just horrible at speaking ;)

All we need to do is assign the CTI Deferred Diffuse and Deferred Reflection shaders in the projects graphics settings.

So go to Edit-Project Settings-Graphics

In the new window you will see the Built-in Shader Settings

For Deferred and Deferred Reflections select Custom Shader and input the CTI Deferred Shading and CTI Deferred Reflections into their corresponding slots.

As longs as the shaders are good everything should look right when in Deferred. Let me know how it goes.

27. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Ok, done and works great, setting up now in VS Pro, just one thing: changing the built in shaders and reflections on the Project Settings is it safe? I mean, maybe has some side effects to other shaders / renders on my project? Thanks,

28. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Glad it is working! I have not tested compatibility but there could be issues if using other deferred shaders like Uber or Alloy. If you do come across any issues though we can work on getting them working together.

29. magique

magique

Any word on this yet?

30. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey man, Lennart commented above that he is working on them today. So should be good getting an update up this week. Will PM anyone who needs it and send the update directly so you do not need to wait for the Asset Store to approve it.

31. magique

magique

Sorry, I missed his message. Thanks for the update.

32. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Any chance that you can create VS Pro biomes for your asset?

33. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

VS Pro Biomes are the same as VS Setup files right? If so will the current one I made for TFP work? If not will check it out and work on making a biome asset for VS Pro.

34. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

That would be awesome! I think they are biome packages made for specific areas ie Desert biome, Meadow biome, Swamp Biomes, Lagoon Biomes ect..

35. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

I've already done mine on VS pro but would be great if you talk to Lennart and can include a Vegetation Package / Biome for VS Pro. I think you could proportionate 2:
    - Rain Forest Biome and Tropical Biome for instance.

SickaGamer likes this.
  36. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

What would be awesome. I think you would also would have more customers if you advertised that you have VS Pro biomes already created. There is a huge need for that right now and virtually nothing exists.

37. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

He can do that now and just include it in a demo scene like NatureManufacture did for their Meadows package.

38. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Yeah I will look into putting these together. Have not had a chance to play with VS Pro Biomes so this would give me a chance.

39. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Got the time, do an awesome desert asset with biomes