Search Unity

[Released] Tropical Forest Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baldinoboy, Aug 28, 2017.

1. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Not sure if this helps but ive found even when converting to Vegetation Engine shaders the same models/meshes have issues with instance indirect. So it could actually be a mess issue/setup too. Maybe Lennart from vegetation studio will know what the issue is.

2. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey AndyNeoman, Oh okay, so not the shaders. Even stranger an issue. Not sure if I already asked but can you check closely for this issue on other assets, like the Vegetation Studio sample trees, and see if you can see this issue at all?

I will message Lennart and see if he knows what it might be.

3. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I've not noticed this issue on my nature manufacture assets or on standard unity trees when converted to Vegetation Engine or the VS-Pro sample trees

4. franky_li

franky_li

I've also the problem that the CTI shaders is not working with instanced indirect. Vegetation engine and Vegetation Studio Pro shaders work as expected.
    Unity 2021.3.21f1 build in render pipeline

5. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thank you for letting me know. Are you having the same issue as AndyNeoman above with artifacts from the planes?

Not heard anything yet on it but still trying to get it figured out.

6. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey everyone! The shaders in the released package are broken in URP 14 but there is already a fix by the CTI dev. I am working a fix update for the pack but if anyone using the pack is using URP 14 send me a PM here or shoot me an email at baldinoboy@gmail.com and I can send a quick fix.

Also because of just lack of time right now I can not test every SRP update so if there are any issues in the newest HDRP let me know.

When it comes to instanced indirect for Vegetation Studio I do not have a fix still. Sorry. I will dive into it again when I can get some time the next few weeks.

Cheers

7. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey all, Uploaded 1.3.4 with URP 14+ & HDRP 12+ support. Will message here again when it is up on the store.

8. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

1.3.4 is live on the store! You can update to get the URP 14 and HDRP 12 packages.

Thanks to @larsbertram1 for quick support keeping the CTI shaders working and looking great!

Rowlan likes this.
  9. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Just saw that Vegetation Studio was officially abandoned. I have had a lot of issues with it lately but still surprised as a lot of users, especially customers of TFP were dependent on it. I will update my asset page to show it is no longer supported, but will keep the VS package and prefab folder for those keeping up VS themselves.

hopeful likes this.
  10. heartingNinja

heartingNinja

I just upgraded to Unity 2023 URP 15. The CTI shaders for the leaves seemed to be broken. This directBDRF in the lighting.hlsl seems to be the cause. I committed it out and all errors that caused. It is working, but forword rendering plus is then broken.

11. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @heartingNinja, Thank you for contacting me with the issue! Tested it out and got the errors. Messaged the CTI Shaders dev. Will let you know when I hear back.

12. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

The shader dev already has the fix and sent it over so I just need to change the materials over. Will get the unitypackage to you later today or early tomorrow.

13. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Sent a fix in a PM. Let me know if it fixes the issue for you.

If anyone else is using URP 15 and having errors let me know and I will send this fix. Will try and get an update with a URP14+ package sent to the store this weekend.

14. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Pushed an update for 1.3.5 with a URP 15 package. Should be up after the holidays.

cuttinged likes this.