Search Unity

[Released] Tropical Forest Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baldinoboy, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Oh okay, glad you got it working. Let me know if you come accross this again or an issue with TFP or the CTI shaders

2. cuttinged

cuttinged

It's still a problem I think with 2021. I reimported many times and got this error...Shader error in 'CTI/URP LOD Bark': Did not find shader kernel 'LightweightFragmentMeta' to compile at line 550 (on d3d11). But it is strange because rocks and trees are transparent, everything in the TFP is. Visual Studio Pro is not in the scene but all TFP assets are transparent.

3. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Will take a look. Need the version of URP you are using though. Not Unity version but URP version. Can find it in the Package Manager installed packages when you select Universal Render Pipeline package.

4. cuttinged

cuttinged

Universal RP 12.1.7 I can't figure out what is causing this, like I said I put it in a empty project with Gaia 2021, Enviro Sky, and Vegetation Studio Pro and it works, but in my completed scene they are all transparent. Let me know if you find anything, meanwhile I'll be working around it. Thanks.

5. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey, sorry for the delay. I could not recreate the disappearing objects but I did see errors and the CTI shader dev has a fix that I am testing now. Will put together a URP 12 package and send it your way this week to try out and see if it fixes this.

6. cuttinged

cuttinged

Great Hope that will work. A little more info. when I load the TFP from scratch from the Asset Store the vegetation is pink but visible, as it should be, not until I run the URP_11 dos the vegetation become transparent.

7. cuttinged

cuttinged

It's working now in the project although I reconstructed the whole scene with Enviro weather, GAIA, and Vegetation Studio Pro. The main problems seemed to be related to requirements in the Render pipeline Asset in Rendering in the Quality, Project Settings. The other assets require different settings for the URP pipeline assets and are not always compatible with the other assets.

8. spikezart

spikezart

Apologies for the delay.

With Procedural Worlds Gaia used for spawning I need to spawn the TFP and grey out the spawn before compiling. I'm not sure what exactly the issue is but because I now can compile I'm able to move forward. It could be the configuration of the spawn but I think Ive looked at everything to get to a workable solution for now. I'll let you know if I find out.

The red error "... 'outSurfaceData' not completely initialized at Inputs..." doesn't cause a compile failure so I'm just ignoring it for now and not changing the TFP URP version import because I have a working solution.

9. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey all, TFP 1.3.3 is out with URP 12 support. Includes a URP12 package for unpacking.

Yeah, could be a compatibility issue since other shaders have might not use the standard PBR settings while TFP with the CTI shaders do. Based the on the screenshots you sent in the PM I think it is a environment lighting issue because the specular/reflection was way too high. Think there is a way we can disable the gloss/specular on the TFP vegetation though by setting the specular layer to black but it would reduce the quality of the shading on the assets. let me know if you want to look into this though.

Hey, no worries, thanks for getting back with an update.

10. Rowlan

Rowlan

I love this asset when it comes to its details, but here's in use as background vegetation:

It's performing really good.

11. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thanks for sharing @Rowlan! Nice stamps! Crazy how fast the setup with everything is with your setup.

I have never tried Crest but that water is gorgeous.

12. ibyte

ibyte

After importing the package, two of the scenes have missing terrain layers
    Promotion Terrain and TFP
    upload_2022-8-17_22-2-20.png
    upload_2022-8-17_22-3-24.png

13. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @ibyte,

The promotional scene does not have any terrain textures applied since it was made for Vegetation Studio Pro and the included biomes for it.

TFP should have the terrain layers though. Will work on getting that setup and exported to you later today or tomorrow.

14. ibyte

ibyte

Hi BaldinoBoy,

I have VSPro. Is there something i can do to restore the promotional scene layers?

Thanks

Glenn

15. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey, Sending you a PM with a package that should fix the TFP Demo scene terrain layers.

Also with VS Pro on the promotional scene you can unpack the VSBiomes package in the TFP folder to get access to the biomes. Then you can setup the biome areas and create the scene procedurally using VS. That is why I included the PromotionTerrain scene. Good for testing VS Pro Biomes on a larger terrain.

16. cuttinged

cuttinged

Hi I recently had to update unity to 2021.3.9f1 and URP 12.1.7 got a console error that says DrawMeshInstanced does not support the shader 'CTI/LOD Bark' because it does not read any instanced properties. Try switching to DrawMeshInstancedProcedural if the shader is doing procedural instancing. Same for the Leaves cti shader too. I wrote to CTI shaders and he told me that TFP might need to update it's shaders. Do you know how I can fix this? Everything in the project is working but I get those errors continuously even when just in the editor. It is being used with Vegetation Studio Pro. Thanks.

17. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey, Messaged you in the other thread you mentioned. The URP12 package is working fine in that version so recommended doing a clean install and unpacking the URL12 folder. Also one thing I did not think of is if using URP the Standard CTI shaders could be deleted. To do this go to-

Assets > TFP > _Standard > 0_Extra > CTI Runtime Components > Shaders

CTI shaders to remove.jpg

In that folder select all the .shader files and delete them. None of assets are using these shaders once the URP package is unpacked so it should not cause any issue and should get rid of this error.

In case you want to do a clean install like I mentioned in the other thread here are the instructions-

Always recommend doing a backup of a project before lots of changed.

So first delete the TFP folder from your project and then updating and installing the latest Tropical Forest Pack 1.3.3 from the package manager. This added the _URP 12 package that you can unpack.

Once everything is installed unpack the _URP 12 package in the TFP folder and the shaders should be working fine.

18. cuttinged

cuttinged

Ok. I very carefully deleted the TFP folder updated to 1.3.3 reimported, opened/ran the URP_12. Ran VsBiomes and VSPRo_ctishadercontroller and still got the error about the instance properties for the bark shader. So I deleted the shaders from the standard shaders folder as you instructed. Now I get a hidden internal error shader console message. Everything is still working in the project. I updated from Unity 2021.3.5f1 to 2021.3.9f1 because 3.5f1 gave me a build error bug and there seems to be a pretty significant change from .5f1 to .9f1. The build error bug was fixed by unity. Can you check it? Does it matter what order I run the vsbiomes package urp-12 and cti controller packages? Multiple files were switched to hidden/intenal erro shader when I deleted the shader. for example Clouds01 and Clouds02. Thanks.

19. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

No, it should not matter the order the packages.

What is the build error you are getting?

20. cuttinged

cuttinged

When I built to an empty scene I got this error in console and it wouldn't build...
    Failed to write file: Library/PlayerDataCache/Win64/Data/Resources/unity_builtin_extra
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&) . IN-15808 In Review.
    I reconstructed the project in a different project where it builds fine, and have a bug report with unity open. Unity didn't fix it but it didn't happen in the updated project.
    I get this message the first time I run play...DrawMeshInstanced does not support the shader 'Standard (Specular setup)' because it does not read any instanced properties. Try switching to DrawMeshInstancedProcedural if the shader is doing procedural instancing.

21. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

These do not seem to be errors from the CTI shaders so I am not sure.

22. cuttinged

cuttinged

I'm still getting the console error
    DrawMeshInstanced does not support the shader 'CTI/LOD Leaves' because it does not read any instanced properties. Try switching to DrawMeshInstancedProcedural if the shader is doing procedural instancing.
    Let me know if there is any solution to this problem. Thanks.

23. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @cuttinged , You should not be getting that error if you deleted the shaders mentioned above. The standard CTI shaders here-

Assets > TFP > _Standard > 0_Extra > CTI Runtime Components > Shaders

If they are giving errors like here you can delete them since they are not being used by the URP assets.

24. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Speaking of which, I am going to try to put some time into the package the next few weeks and do some cleaning of the folders. Also I will be creating URP & HDRP versions of the project to completely separate them, since it is becoming a bit problematic keeping them together. I think the asset store will allow me to make the other versions free for purchasers of the main pack and vice versa.

25. cuttinged

cuttinged

That's great. I really like the Tropical Forest Vegetation and how it works with Vegetation Studio Pro just that Unity changes so often it's hard to keep everything working. I'll continue to check for updates. Thanks.

26. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

That's a known bug, see here for the follow-up: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ver...for-drawmeshinstanced-calls-in-codes.1331346/

@Baldinoboy How are you dude?

cuttinged and Baldinoboy like this.
  27. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

TerraUnity likes this.
  28. Acer85

Acer85

Hi I have a problem with the shader that reference an old path. The package worked before but now its not. Here one of the errors:

”Shader error in 'CTI HDRP 10/CTI SG Bark HDRP 10': Couldn't open include file 'Assets/Downloaded assets/TFP/_Standard/0_Extra/CTI Runtime Components HDRP 10/Shaders/Includes/CTI_HDRP_10_Wind.hlsl'. at line 331”

The blue text is the old path but I removed everyting and imported it again but then all the errors occurs but it seems the shader referece the old path.

How do I fix this?

29. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @Acer85,

I have had issues like this in the past and only fix I have found besides editing the shaders manually is a clean install. Deleting the TFP folder and reimporting, then unpacking needed SRP.

I know there must be a simpler way to redirect the shaders dependencies but I do not know how to myself.

Let me know if you have any issues after the clean install of the TFP folder.

30. Acer85

Acer85

Hi and thank you for the answer. I unfortunately still have the problem after deliting everyting but i will try to fix it. Do you know how to manually edit the shaders? The files that are complining seems to be shadergraphs but when I open them I can't really find a way to change the search path. I'am going to try to add everything to the old path and see if that works but it feels a little bit strange

31. Acer85

Acer85

I think I found the problem. Before I did not remove the Wind component so it was probably referancing that componant which a connection to the old path. But anyway it's working now, thanks.

/Alex

Baldinoboy likes this.
  32. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Okay, great! Glad you got it working. Will keep this noted if other have a similar issue.

33. Rowlan

Rowlan

I created MicroVerse presets for Tropical Forest Pack in case anyone wants to use them. Will be released with the next MicroVerse update. Or get them from the MicroVerse github:

34. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing @Rowlan!

Rowlan likes this.
  35. khos

khos

Looks interesting, how can we use that, sorry if I do not follow or understand.

Rowlan likes this.
  36. Rowlan

Rowlan

It uses MicroVerse. I created presets for the MicroVerse Content Browser. Basically if you install MicroVerse and Tropical Forest Pack you'll get the TFP options that I drag into the scene.

I wanted to keep the video short. I'll show audio and splines in another. Maybe I'll add more presets. I like how the ferns can be distributed around the trees automatically.

khos and Baldinoboy like this.
  37. khos

khos

Wow, I did not know abot Micrroverse! Looks nice, pity it seems quite expensive though.

38. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Yeah it is cool, Love Jason's work! Sure it will be in a sale the next few months and discounted. Worth picking up.

Regarding Tropical Forest Pack a customer messaged me with an issue where the scattering profile was not applied to the leaf and billboard materials in HDRP causing a weird green color. Will try fixing this in a coming update but for now if you have this issue PM me and I will send a couple small packages you can unpack to fix this issue.

39. Rowlan

Rowlan

I created a preset for MicroVerse with Crest Ocean:

@Baldinoboy would be nice to have a sand texture in your asset for the beach. I can easily mix up sand in there with MicroVerse from another asset, so just as general feedback for your most awesome asset :)

Baldinoboy and shyamarama like this.
  40. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @Rowlan, Nice setup video!

There is a simple sand material with TFP, Sand01 maps in TFP>Textures>Ground

41. Rowlan

Rowlan

Nice. Exactly what I was looking for. Is there a terrain layer for it? Couldn't find one. I prefer combining prefabs and settings of publishers that are included in their assets rather than creating my own content and increasing the size and maintenance for my own assets :)

d.jpg

42. Rowlan

Rowlan

I updated the MicroVerse presets:

shyamarama likes this.
  43. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hey @Baldinoboy, I hope you are good. I'm getting a issue with the Kapok tree rendered with VS-Pro (unity Version 2021.3lts) it's the one where there seems to be a cutout in the sky. Usually a shader issue when ive seen it before but its odd because all the trees are using barklod and leaveslod but only the kapok is causing the issue. I imported the lates version, still there, im using the built in shaders.

It has four levels of Lod, not sure if that's a problem i always thought that VS-Pro could only have 3, the other thing is this problem is only when in Indirect Instance Mode, works fine in indirect but it obvious a performance hit.

I was also wondering if the shaders support Aura 2?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  44. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @AndyNeoman, Doing good, thanks! Hope all is good with you.

That is very strange. That issue is usually a shader issue but since it is only happing on the kapok it is not. The additional LOD might be a problem but not sure why it is happening now.

First things I would try is disable the current Kapok in VS, duplicating the Kapok VS prefab and delete the LOD3. Then load the new prefab into VS and see if it is still doing that.

I am not sure about Aura 2. I do not have it so have not tested it. Not heard of any issues though and if the other trees and plants are not having this issue then it is probably not a compatibility issue.

Could you take a few screenshots, one of the issue on the Kapok and a couple others of other trees, like the Jatoba and CoconutPalmTree04 from the same perspective looking at the sky, but by themselves without any other tree behind? Also try scalling the Jatoba and Palm up so they have similar distance from the camera as the Kapok canopy. Just want to make sure it is not happening with other trees.

One other thing I can add now is I do not believe the Kapok needs Indirect Instancing. Of course can do some profile testing to see but Indirect Instancing is for tens of thousands and more instances being more performant and the Kapok(model not billboard) is most likely not going to be rendered more than a few hundred times in any view.

So for a quick solution now can probably disable indirect instancing. Still need to fix the issue though so will try it out and see what the cause might be. I have a project in 2021.3 but I have not used VS in a long while so will need to get that setup. Will message when I do though.

Cheers!

AndyNeoman likes this.
  45. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

That's for the great reply, ill try those things and let you know.

46. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hey @Baldinoboy after a bit more testing it is affecting a few trees. The Kapok as mentioned but also the two Cupuacu trees.
    edit* Jatoba is also showing it.

There is also a couple of errors on the shader Says errors but they look like warnings in unity:-

Automatically setting target of LOD_FADE_CROSSFADE to 3.0
    'UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER': macro redefinition. Previous definition found at :1.
    floating point division by zero

I've set them to indirect for now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  47. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Oh, those screenshots are really weird, not the issue I was thinking. So it is an issue even when you are not looking through the branches of the tree?

Might be an issue with Aura 2. Will be able to setup a project and do some testing either tomorrow or Monday. Sorry for the delay.

What system are you using for the clouds?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  48. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I have only imported aura 2 this issue was already present. The cloud system is unistorm but i have used it with your pack before. I've seen this issue when shaders haven't included the VS-Pro indirect script correctly. The error goes away when set to normal instanced so I think it will be to do with indirect instance.

49. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @AndyNeoman, Sorry for the delay. I have been trying to get Vegetation Studio Pro working to test this and I just can not. The menus are just broken for me no matter what I do and I can not even select a prefab in the Edit Biome menu without the inspector completely breaking.

Will contact the shader dev and message on the VS Discord to see if I can see what is going on.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  50. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @AndyNeoman and everyone else, sorry again for the delay in getting this Instanced Indirect issue fixed. Not been able to get help with it yet and been too busy with issues figure out how to get VS Pro working again to do my own testing.

I will hopefully be able to get going again this next month and get into it more to see what is going on with this bug. Will message when I do.

AndyNeoman likes this.