Search Unity

[Released] Tropical Forest Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baldinoboy, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

I updated my post above with the info about the Foliage diffusion profile, that one's important as well.

2. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Yeah that is really annoying because I know for a certainty I set this up with the demo scenes. Or are these errors for when you are creating a new scene?

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

It's for a new scene. I just did everything from scratch.

4. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Oh okay. Not too familiar with HDRP but think for this you can load the HDRP Sky & Lighting and HDRP Settings prefabs from TFP into the scene and it would fix these settings.

5. Rowlan

Rowlan

@Baldinoboy i added this in my post after someone had the problem of not seeing anything:

Might be interesting to have it in your readme.

Baldinoboy likes this.
  6. magique

magique

@Baldinoboy I installed TFP and then Vegetation Studio Pro. Then I followed the directions in the VSPro_CTI_packagae notes.txt file and installed the VSPro_CTIShaderController.unitypackage. However, I get the following errors after that:

Assets\AwesomeTechnologies\VegetationStudioPro\Runtime\ShaderSystem\CTI\CTIShaderController.cs(1,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'VegetationSystem' does not exist in the namespace 'AwesomeTechnologies' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\AwesomeTechnologies\VegetationStudioPro\Runtime\ShaderSystem\CTI\CTIShaderController.cs(8,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IShaderController' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\AwesomeTechnologies\VegetationStudioPro\Runtime\ShaderSystem\CTI\CTIShaderController.cs(50,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ShaderControllerSettings' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\AwesomeTechnologies\VegetationStudioPro\Runtime\ShaderSystem\CTI\CTIShaderController.cs(88,55): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EnvironmentSettings' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\AwesomeTechnologies\VegetationStudioPro\Runtime\ShaderSystem\CTI\CTIShaderController.cs(120,51): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'WindSettings' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I am using Unity 2018.4.2f1 with Vegetation Studio Pro version 1.2.2 and TFP version 1.3.1.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

[EDIT]
    Please disregard this. Apparently, I had downloaded VSPro, but did not actually install it. My dumb mistake.

7. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @magique, Was scared for a minute. Glad it is okay.

8. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @Baldinoboy I hope you are well. Im having an issue with certain trees in the package using VS Pro and instanced indirect. Im getting strange artifacts across the screen when they are enabled. Kapok for instance (VS version) looks fine its not instanced indirect.

9. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @AndyNeoman, Could you send a screenshot of the artifacts you are getting? Is it blurring effect when the camera is moving?

I might be wrong but when if it is just the larger trees like Kapok do not believe instanced indirect does much if anything at all. Is mainly good for high repeating detail like plants and grass. So can be switched to instanced on the larger less repeating objects. Still will look into this issue though. Just a note that you can change it to instanced without a hit.

10. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Screenshot (139).png Screenshot (140).png Screenshot (141).png Screenshot (142).png

Hi @Baldinoboy If you look at the images above you can see the silhouette of the trees - this only show on instance indirect and after further work it is most of the trees. (Only papaya and coconut 3 can be instanced indirect). IT is also having a significant impact on perfomance. Again looking at the screenshots my fps is 70-80 but when all my trees are instanced indirect i'm getting 100-120 fps. I think its a slight flaw in the shader for instanced indirect.

11. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Definitely seen this before. Do not remember the fix though. Are you using the latest version of TFP? Also what version of unity is the project?

Also glad to see the project going! Have not seen it in a while.

12. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Yeah i'm using latest TFP and VS_Pro. It's strange because the grasses and plants are fine with the same shader. I wondered if it was because VS liked 3 lods and not 4 on its trees. Unity version is 2019.3.7

13. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Can not recreate but will do more testing this weekend. Could be related to the models.

Have you tried refreshing the prefabs in VS? Also try replacing them with the normal and non-VS prefabs.

14. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @AndyNeoman, Still not sure how to fix this or recreate it. Did you learn anything on your end?

15. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

i've just had another look there is a couple of errors on the shaders could that be the problem? Screenshot (144).png

16. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Thanks for the screenshot. Getting a couple of those minor errors on my end too but not having this issue. Since it is just some of the trees having this issue and not all of them do not think it is the shader, more likely an issue with VS or the prefab. Did message lars with the errors though just in case.

17. masa045

masa045

Hi I'm using tropical forest pack with vegetation studio pro but touch bending not working.
    is tfp not ready to compatible touch bending for now?

18. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @masa045,

No, the CTI shaders do not have touch bending support unfortunately. Do not think it is planned to be added by the shader dev. An alternative is ATS as there is a VS touch version of the grass shader that can be applied to a few of the plants that you need to use touch bending. Been a while since I tested them but there are ATG versions of the small plant models with needed maps.

The touch bending is not great though but is similar to other touch bending I have seen with VS. Just that kind of instant reaction and not a smooth push on the plant. Let me know if you have any other questions on it.

masa045 likes this.
  19. masa045

masa045

thank you for detailed information.
    I'ii try ATG later.
    by the way
    my scene prefab become magenta but there is no error or issue.
    only affect thumbnail at project window
    how do i get rid off such issue?
    also my project using builtin render.
    pink01.png

20. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

@masa045, Honestly not sure why this happens so much. What you can do is select the prefabs - right click - in the menu that came up click Reimport. Make sure not to press Reimport All. Just Reimport the prefabs that need the thumbnail refreshed.

masa045 likes this.
  21. Jarskih

Jarskih

Hi I am having strange problem that _HDRP.unitypackage is not included in the imported package from asset store. I tried to delete the package and download it again but it is still missing.

Edit: The package was imported correctly after deleting package manager cache.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  22. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @Jarskih, What version of Unity are you using? Because of the drastic changing in pre release versions, the HDRP package is only included in 2019.3 and later. If you are using those that are a later version and still not seeing it let me know as it might be a store issue.

23. Toby31

Toby31

@Baldinoboy Hi Looking to purchase your asset and was wondering if the issue with masking branches for the HDRP render pipeline has been fixed? from what I understand from what you say in the video this is a Unity issue with HDRP not an issue with the package but I'm looking to use this with unity 2020.1.6f1 and see the video is from earlier this year and wondered if its been fixed.
    Also is this compatible with Unity 2020.1.6f1?

Baldinoboy likes this.
  24. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @Toby31,

Do not remember what the issue was. There are a couple fixes I need to update the package with but at the moment it is working fine. Have not tested 2020.1.6 yet but have not heard of any issues. Will be doing some small bug fixes and uploading the latest this weekend. If you want to wait on that I will update the thread when it is done so you know when it is safe to grab it.

Toby31 likes this.
  25. Toby31

Toby31

Thanks for the response. :) You mentioned in the video the branches and leaves received transparency and the branches should have been opaque for the subsurface scattering.

26. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Oh, Know what you are meaning now. The leaf shader in HDRP does not have an input for translucency so the whole of the branch texture has light scattering. As far as I know this is a limitation in HDRP and the shader still has this issue. It still looks fine and in a game would not be an issue. It still bothers me though.

Toby31 likes this.
  27. colin_young

colin_young

I know this is a really old comment I'm replying to, but right now my main challenge is mangroves. I need to model a coastal mangrove barrier, but I don't need to be able to go into the mangroves. What I'm thinking is they could be modeled as a rock-like mesh, with a suitable shader to give some 3d shoots coming out occasionally, instead of going for individual trunks and branches. At least for masses of them. I think @Yughues_ did something like that for hedges. I need to research that further, but unfortunately I'm the wrong person for that job. If you want code, I can do that. Beautiful artwork, forget it. Actually, you can even forget moderately not-ugly artwork.

Basically, I'm trying to model the town I live in (part of it at least) and every weekend on my bike rides I'm looking at the mangroves and observing how they look from the same distance as I need to represent them and figuring out how to model that. My challenge is figuring out the shaders.

In any case, if you do get around to tackling mangroves and need photos, I'm happy to help. I have a huge supply of mangroves within 5 minutes of home and have a decent quality DSLR and the skills to use it. In fact, any central west-coast Florida vegetation you'd like to add to this pack (I know, not technically tropical, but lots of tropical-ish), I'm more than happy to help source images of. Cardboard palm and coonties would be good additions. Very tropical, and would also look good being munched on by dinosaurs.

Baldinoboy likes this.
  28. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @colin_young,

The shoots/roots for the mangroves at a distance would not be difficult to get nice and performant. Even something like Blender Ivy Generator could even do it. Saw your question on MTree and that is a good option too. MTree LODs have issues but for generating the tree with all the shoots it should work.

Not able to do anything new myself for a little while until I get into a better work situation. Still have a list of things to work on though and Mangorves is on there.

Will PM you when I can later this week to go over the mangroves more though.

colin_young likes this.
  29. colin_young

colin_young

I guess I'll need to look into Blender Ivy Generator. And fully figure out MTree. I'll put that on my list along with Gaia, Vegetation Studio, shader graph... Also need to finish carving a seat for the new kayak so I can get out and get some good photos from the water side.

Good luck with the work thing. Don't know what you do, but I've been in the tech industry in Boston and Tampa since 2000, so if there is anything I can help with on that front, let me know.

Baldinoboy likes this.
  30. xgr3d

xgr3d

Hi,
    I installed the Tropical Forest Pack on unity 2019.4.8f1 and I can not see the HDRP Package in the Project folders.
    What I'm doing wrong?

Attached Files:

31. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @xgr3d,

Have received a few questions on this. Anything after 2019.3.0 should have the HDRP package version of the asset. Only non-bug thing it can be is that it has not be downloaded/updated since opening the store page since 2019.3. So could you check the My Assets page on the Asset Store in Unity and see if Tropical Forest Pack has an update option?

If not is an issue on Unity's end. Can either contact them or PM me with your order invoice # and I can send the correct version directly.

Cheers!

32. Runemark

Runemark

Hi! I found a possible solution for the non-refreshing updates (in my case I needed the HDRP support package files but they were absent).
    If you experience that in all product views (Asset Store, My Assets, Package manager) it shows that the package is updated to the latest version, BUT when you import it you get the earlier version, you need to delete the old file and download it again from the Store.

1) Navigate to the folder where your Asset Store content is downloaded: C:\Users\"YourUserName"\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\
    2) Find the publisher's name and the product. In this case: \...\Baldinoboy\3D ModelsEnvironments
    2) Check the unity package file's last modified date - this is the date when you downloaded from the store. If this is way earlier than the last update, you have the older version and Unity did not update it. If you now delete this old file, you can download it again from the Store.
    3) Open Unity, find the package in the Package Manager and now you can download and import the latest version.

This worked for me with an empty project. Please let me know if this works for you!

Baldinoboy likes this.
  33. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @Runemark,

Thank you for testing and figuring this issue out. Lot of people having this problem with the asset store lately. Hopefully they fix it soon but until then have your guide.

34. Rowlan

Rowlan

I made another scene with Tropical Forest Pack. Its performance in combination with VS Pro is just awesome:

The scene itself works better in the nude, but I doubt i'm allowed to post this. So here's just a sfw screen :D

n1.jpg

35. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey @Rowlan, Thank you for sharing the video! The shoreline effect with the water really jumped out at me.

VS Pro Billboards are still not working in HDRP right? So all that is rendering the trees meshes?

Couple things I would say to help the trees leaves is lowering the Jatoba Tree Leaf alpha cutoff in the VS Pro Settings for the tree. So that it fills in at a distance. Will be down in a CTI settings section. Would also bump up the Kapok Tree leaf alpha cutoff some. Just a little to thin out the branches at a distance.

Send any more cool island videos you get!

36. Rowlan

Rowlan

It's still meshes, so no, billboards aren't working yet.

Thanks for the info, I'll do that next time definitely. Got an Elephant scene with Jungle in mind :)

Baldinoboy likes this.
  37. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Ran really well for that. Hopefully we will get billboards soon.

That sounds really cool! Have areas with lot of mud and footprints for the elephant, if microsplat would be able to do that.

Rowlan likes this.
  38. Rowlan

Rowlan

Modded the level to something different. The render speed is really impressive:

Baldinoboy likes this.
  39. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Very cool! Nice terrain setup

40. Acer85

Acer85

Help setting up project for HDRP. All the assets with a custom shader are all pink on not visible. Should I just add the custom shaders to the Build-in- Shader Settings? is there anyting more? Any hint whats wrong?

HDRP settings.jpg

41. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @Acer85

Would recommend unpacking and importing the _HDRP package again just in case of any corruption. Also restarting Unity if you have not already. Have had weird issues in SRPs. Have not had a case where they need to be put under the Built-in Shaders but you can definitely add them and see if it fixes it.

What Unity version, HDRP version are you working in?

42. Acer85

Acer85

Hi and thanks for the answer but still not working. Reimported it and restarted Unity. I use HDRP version 7.3.1

43. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

It should work fine in 7.3.1. Are you getting any errors from the CTI shaders? With the CTI HDRP shader selected is it showing any errors on it?

44. Acer85

Acer85

Sorry, there must be something wrong with my project setup because I made a new project and it works fine :)

45. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Oh okay, I was thinking it is probably an issue with the project unless it was a corrupted shader or something.

Let me know if you do come across any issues with the package or if you have any questions. Hope you can get it working in your project with a copy or just issue find in the project.

46. aimer1988

aimer1988

Hi, Baldinoboy!
    Thank you for perfect asset!
    I faced the following issue: sometimes trees are blurred as if by fast movement.
    But this blur remains even with a stationary camera.
    The same issue I noticed also in demo scene.
    Have you encountered this?
    Unity version: 2020.1.10f1 , HDRP project.
    blurred trees.png

47. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hi @aimer1988

Thank you for picking up the package and glad you like it!

Yeah, saw this issue before. Believe it is related to a setting on the materials that I thought I fixed in the latest update.

Is the Motion Vector For Vertex Animation checkbox in the materials-

TFP_HDRP_Blurring.jpg

Believe the leaf materials should have that setting checked. Seemed to fix this issue before. Recommend testing with one tree like the Jatoba first. Am honestly not very familiar with HDRP and it has been a while since I came across this issue.

Let me know if the box is unchecked and if checking it fixes this issue. If so I will make sure they have the right setting for the next update.

48. aimer1988

aimer1988

Thank you so much! This box was unchecked in materials and issue was fixed after checking it.
    But, this is strange, then I tried to uncheck this box again to make sure that reason was this. And the issue didn't occur again. I tried to restart Unity but nothing changed.

Baldinoboy likes this.
  49. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

That is strange. Have had a lot of weird issues like that in SRPs. Most of the time the issue just goes away after a change or reload. Glad it is working now though.

50. cuttinged

cuttinged

Hi Baldinoboy. I've been using TFP for a while now and like it very much. I recently had to upgrade to unity 2020.3.3f1 on a M1 mac using URP and almost everything update correctly, except, of course except, the banana tree "Banana Tree 01_Bark using shader "CTI/LWRP LOD Bark" a console error is this: "Shader error in 'CTI/LWRP LOD Bark': redefinition of 'Light' at Lighting.hlsl(40 (on metal). It shows up pink around the bottom of the tree trunk. Do you know of an easy way to fix this? The other trees are fine and some use the same shader too. I tried upgrading the materials to urp and reimporting and restarting but it didn't work. I currently took the tree out. Thanks.