Search Unity

[RELEASED] Trivia Quiz Game Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by puppeteer, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Minoterrae

Minoterrae

Another quick question. What is the latest version of your Trivia Game Template instruction and how-to guide and where can I find it in PDF format?

Thanks,

puppeteer likes this.
  2. puppeteer

puppeteer

Here's the latest PDF attached, though many of the most recent howto bits are presented in video with closed captions, which I found to be much clearer for users.

Attached Files:

3. mariberguling

mariberguling

great asset,
    it is integrated wiht admob?

if dont, can you guide

thanks

puppeteer likes this.
  4. Minoterrae

Minoterrae

Are there any plans to add something like a typewriter-effect to the questions, so the questions are typed out a character at a time?

Regards,

puppeteer likes this.
  5. bobdog64

bobdog64

Two questions...is this game completely customizable? I have my buttons and backgrounds and just need to add the functionality. Second, is there any reason this product would not work for an offline game. There will be no internet access. Thanks.

puppeteer likes this.
  6. puppeteer

puppeteer

I don't have experience with admob integration, though I did see customers who added it to this trivia package.

Instead I have an integration guide for UnityAds:

7. puppeteer

puppeteer

Never thought about it really, but I think something like this can be done with a simple script that animates any text it is attached to, so it can be basically used for any game with a UI text in it. Keep following the thread, I might try something and post it here.

8. puppeteer

puppeteer

To the first question, yes, you can change the art and sounds, and positioning of UI elements, and of course fill your own content in this package. I've seen some nice reskins by customers.

To the second question, do you mean that you want to make a game that is not connected to the internet? If so, then yes, this is an offline asset. You can place all your questions in the build (exe or apk for example), or you can link to a local XML file on your students' computer, and you can also link to an XML file sitting at an online address.

Check out some of the videos here:

9. Saytot2002

Saytot2002

How can I export QST with images from excel to Unity file ?

10. Saytot2002

Saytot2002

Hello Majd
    I want to buy your CODE but I need to add some features. Can you contact me to speak about cost and time?

11. puppeteer

puppeteer

What is QST?

Contact me through my profile or through mail so I can help you.

12. puppeteer

puppeteer

Had a request from a customer that I think would benefit all users ( and I think someone else also asked for this some time ago in this thread ): It allows the game designer to set a bonus value loss over time, so that if you take long to answer a question you get less bonus points when answering. This incentivizes the player to answer quickly ( and correctly ).

mindfulmx and hopeful like this.
  13. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

How can implement the the time loss value? will be in a update? Im very interested in that function! Thanks

puppeteer likes this.
  14. puppeteer

puppeteer

Update will take some time to submit, but take a look here. Import this package into your project, it should update the TQGGameController script with the new Bonus-Loss-Over-Time feature.

Try it out and tell me how it goes!

Attached Files:

mindfulmx likes this.
  15. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

It works, Thanks a lot!

puppeteer likes this.
  16. gbtminhtri

gbtminhtri

Hi,
    There are many images in my game so my apk size is very big, I want to load image question from server . How can I do? Thanks

puppeteer likes this.
  17. gbtminhtri

gbtminhtri

Any suggestions for loading image questions from server? Please help me

puppeteer likes this.
  18. puppeteer

puppeteer

That's one of the things I've been getting questions about lately. I tried it once with partial success loading an image into the quiz, but I'll have to refactor the code to make it work on the entire quiz level.

Keep following this thread, I will try to make and test something.

gbtminhtri likes this.
  19. gbtminhtri

gbtminhtri

I hope to see soon.

20. kandelaki_L

kandelaki_L

Hi... How can I make a new line in text questions? Screenshot_1.png

puppeteer likes this.
  21. puppeteer

puppeteer

Use \n instead of /n, tell me if it works for you.

[EDIT]: I just tested this and it seems like a bug in Windows that doesn't register the \n, so you have to write the text in Notepad for example, then copy and paste it into Unity. Also if you use XML and import that it will also work.

hopeful and kandelaki_L like this.
  22. kandelaki_L

kandelaki_L

I'm sorry, but not...

[EDIT]: I don't understood how import or export xml file :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  23. kandelaki_L

kandelaki_L

Its impossible..

Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_4.png

24. puppeteer

puppeteer

25. hopeful

hopeful

@puppeteer - I can see where it might be helpful to add a built-in string replacement solution to the kit. (?)

puppeteer likes this.
  26. mike_unity626

mike_unity626

Hey there, I'm following this
    tutorial fine until you make a duplicate of cs_game and paste it into the folder you created. I cannot find a copy paste or duplicate button and it looks like you've used a shortcut key which the viewer (me) cannot see. Any help would be great. Thanks
    I bought your Trivia Quiz Game package just now and installed unity, (never used it and never created a game before) only had a bit of programming experience on android using tasker. I was hoping that I could make a trivia game using this template/system you've created that I could input the answer rather than select from multiple choices. I have gone back and forth whether to make a board game using physical cards and dice etc, or try to tackle it this way. I just want to create a game to play with friends for a bit of fun.

puppeteer likes this.
  27. puppeteer

puppeteer

Thanks for pointing these out, about duplication there's actually a right click "Duplicate" option, but it's only available in the project window in newer version of Unity. For duplicating any asset in the project you can press Ctl+D.

About the free text answer, so you want to be able to simply enter the answer on an empty field and then compare the string to see if it is the correct answer? I can try something like this if you'd like to test it with me here.

28. puppeteer

puppeteer

Found a quick solution!

In your project open your Question.cs script and add [TextArea] above the question variable line, like this:

upload_2018-11-27_16-27-10.png

This will make the question field become a text field where you can press ENTER to go down a line like a regular text editor, like this:

upload_2018-11-27_16-28-32.png

@hopeful check this out!

kandelaki_L likes this.
  29. kandelaki_L

kandelaki_L

puppeteer likes this.
  30. puppeteer

puppeteer

I'm not sure about that. You can target an offline local XML file in your computer using the DynamicXML script. Try to place your XML file in your phone device and enter the path in the DynamicXML script in Unity to try it.

kandelaki_L likes this.
  31. chrislin2005

chrislin2005

Does it support image based answers ?

puppeteer likes this.
  32. puppeteer

puppeteer

Yes, you can use images as questions and answers in the game. Images are stored in the Resources folder in the game.

33. chrislin2005

chrislin2005

Great ! Thanks Puppeteer!

34. DeX24

DeX24

Hello could someone help me? I want to translate my trivia game into different languages and i was using i2 localization but unfortunately it doesnt work when i arrive at the gamemode as it doest translate the questions and i was thinking of translating the game with scenes..create a menu scene/options/credits/play in different languages but i need some help please

puppeteer likes this.
  35. puppeteer

puppeteer

I think you can do it completely without the localization plugin. The way I would set it up is this:
    1. First you have the top menu which gives you buttons to choose your game language.

upload_2019-2-14_8-18-52.png

Each button will send you to a relevant scene.

2. Each scene contains a grid of categories you can play in that language, all of them sitting in a single scene.

upload_2019-2-14_8-19-53.png

So this will not be heavy on your game since you only need the Category info and you switch it in the same scene.

36. DeX24

DeX24

Awesome,thank you very much !!!!!!!

37. puppeteer

puppeteer

I'm working on a complete upgrade of the quiz, with one important feature that I have been trying to make for a long time. Check out this GIF, it shows how images are loaded at runtime from an online URL, so you no longer need to put your images in a Resources folder, just put the address and it will be loaded.

TQGOnlineImages.gif

( It also reads the address from an XML, and will work with sounds too ).

mindfulmx, DeX24 and virusinc like this.
  38. DeX24

DeX24

No words,just wow!

puppeteer likes this.
  39. puppeteer

puppeteer

Next update is live on the store:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/45521?aid=1011lGiL

Update 1.99f2 (19.02.2019)
    - You can enter a URL for an image or a sound, and they will be dynamically loaded at runtime. So no more need for putting any images or sounds in the Resources folder!

Use is pretty straightforward, just fill the URL at the relevant field instead of assigning an image from the project.

upload_2019-2-21_15-6-52.png

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  40. bpcsphgeeks

bpcsphgeeks

I just want to confirm something before buying the template.

1. Is the game template have an lock and unlock feature? (e.g if you pass level 1 you will be able to unlock the level2 stage)
    2. Is this purely plug and play in unity3d any version(latest)?
    3. Is there a watermark included after you buy the template?

Thanks, looking forward for your answer.
    P.S This is the first time that I would by an template asset in unity 3d

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    puppeteer likes this.
  41. puppeteer

puppeteer

1. There are several types examples for locking/unlocking.

- First one is a menu that opens a game scene, and when you play the scene and get a high score, a new level button is unlocked and gives you a new scene.

- Another type you can find is a Category Grid screen which sits inside a single scene, and allows you to unlock a category after finishing the previous category.

- There is also another example that is not exactly lock/unlock, but gives you random categories in a wheel, and allows you to complete X categories in the wheel in order to win.

2. This template is available in version of Unity from 4.6 ( not latest updates ), Unity 5.5 and up to Unity 2018. It should be loaded into an empty project and it should work as is once imported ( press play button in editor and it should run ).

3. There is no watermarks in the unity store, when you buy a template you get the code/art/sound/design, basically all parts of the template you see in my videos.

If this is your first time using the Unity editor it would be good to get some basics tutorials to get the hang of it. This video shows how I start with an empty project and import my Trivia Quiz Template into it:

42. khrysller

khrysller

Hi.... I would like to know about changing the questions/answers.

- Can I edit it using Notepad++? It will automatically update the file when I test/build?

Thanks

puppeteer likes this.
  43. Benjamin15

Benjamin15

Hola como estas me interesa comprar tu producto pero tengo una consulta y es si puedo utilizar admob y que tipo de publicidades puedo utilizar por ejemplo banner, videos etc?

44. puppeteer

puppeteer

You can change the questions directly inside the Unity Editor, or use an external XML file to edit the questions in a notepad without needing to build the game each time.

45. puppeteer

puppeteer

If I understand correctly you are asking about ads, yes?

In my templates I support UnityAds by default and have a few videos showing how to integrate them in the priojects:

I saw other users also use AdMob in my templates, but I don't use it or have tutorials explaining it.

46. heathn_unity

heathn_unity

Good Morning,
    First and foremost thank you for replying back to the review so quickly and creating a great interface! I am currently doing a project in school and I am trying to make a game that asks users to select two options on the screen for example the image below. Then the user will click if this is a one handed object or a two handed object. Then the user will progress to the next object following the one placed first below. As you can see the object gets bigger as the user progresses through the game. The objects increase in size by 0.55mm each scene. I really like the way you did the trivia game and that type of environment I would like to use to create the game below, but I can’t seem to put the objects like this into the game template. I really could use your expertise on this mission to create this game! Thank you for your time on this matter! As well when the user guesses the right way to grab the object they gain one point.

47. ionutf3

ionutf3

hi, is it compatible with facebook instant games?

48. J-Rossier

J-Rossier

Hello Puppeteer, another weird problem. When i load my scene the sound is ok. But if i load the scene from my menu i have two error from each sound.

Unable to determine the audio type from the URL (). Please specify the type.
    UnityEngine.WWW:GetAudioClip()
    TriviaQuizGame.<LoadSoundFromURL>c__Iterator7:MoveNext() (at Assets/TQGAssets/CS_Assets/CS_Scripts/TQGGameController.cs:2407)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TriviaQuizGame.TQGGameController+<LoadImageFromURL>c__Iterator6.MoveNext () (at Assets/TQGAssets/CS_Assets/CS_Scripts/TQGGameController.cs:2358)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)

Thanks again

49. vallec

vallec

Hello, I cannot find the leaderboard prefab. Can you help me?

50. atays

atays

Hello puppeteer,

How can i write the questions in latex format for my math game?

string formula1 = @"\displaystyle\int_{-\infty}^{\infty}e^{-x^{2}}\;dx=\sqrt{\pi}";
    questions[index].question = formula1;

The question only shows as below in the question section. ty so much!

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 11.32.26 AM.png