Search Unity

[RELEASED] TradeSys 2.x - A trading and manufacturing system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CallumP, Mar 2, 2013.

1. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Can you verify that it works with the most recent version of unity? If so I’ll buy it right now!

2. CallumP

CallumP

From my test on 2018.2, the example scenes work okay and it is only the warning which is fixed above. The 2018.3 beta shows a couple more warnings, one of which I will be able to sort because it's similar to the one above. The other warnings are API depreciation which I will unlikely be able to do much with further investigation and more changes, but for now it is just a warning.

If you do get it and do for some reason come across any issues, let me know and I will do my best to resolve them.

3. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Great! I went ahead and bought it, so far I am able to get it to work, however following the instructions and adding the correct tags, I am still not able to get the create new game object to un-grey.

4. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Also, I'd like to have the stations/windows for all the traders open on a canvas. I'm going to be using this in VR so instead of the GUI I need it to be a canvas based gui, is there an option for that?

5. CallumP

CallumP

It looks like you are in a demo scene and you can't add another controller to a scene which already has a TS controller gameobject. That option should become selectable in a new scene. As for the canvas, unfortunately the UI is only on the old system but the examples should hopefully give guidance on the variables you will want to show in a canvas gui

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  6. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

are there any playmaker actions for this by chance?

7. CallumP

CallumP

playmaker was one thing i wanted to try and integrate but never had the time to add so unless someone else has made them, unfortunately there are no actions

8. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

It's a shame, you should really reconsider retiring this asset and perhaps even expand on it offering more options and features. As a seller myself, I would KILL to have a product on the asset store that is absolutely unique and has NO COMPETITION with anyone. Nobody one sells anything like this, you basically have the market cornered in this product.

9. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

General question to anyone that has this asset:

Does anyone know how to have these display on a canvas UI instead of a camera? Also is there a way to change what the buttons look like?

10. kev000

kev000

Hello. I've noticed that this asset has the ability to import items from Inventory Pro. How would I go about to import items from Inventory Master -UGUI? I already have a database of items there and making them compatible for TradeSys would be a dream

11. CallumP

CallumP

Apologies for only just seeing this, I have been on holiday. I will try and have a look at this over the next few days, I feel like it should be possible and similar to Inventory Pro but I haven't had a look at the code yet

kev000 likes this.
  12. CallumP

CallumP

The latest update now has support for Inventory Master! Also has the fix I stated previously.

If I remember, I will take TradeSys off the store at the end of the month. As far as I know, you should still be able to download the update if it has been taken down

13. attaway

attaway

Are there any packages on the Asset Store that are similar to this?
    I want to integrate this into the VR game I'm working on, but I just read you'll be removing it from the asset store. I really feel like this sort of package will be in more demand now that there's going to be way more VR content coming out next year.

If you show how this can be integrated into modern systems like Bolt, Rucksack, Inventory pro, Quest Machine, Love/Hate, Emerald AI, etc. I really think this package could make some good money.

mandisaw, beowulfkaine and wood333 like this.
  14. wood333

wood333

Hey @CallumP,

You need to assign an avatar for yourself. That gray default figure makes you look like a user and not the developer. Pick something unique that pops, and it will make it easier for us to recognize your posts.

Keep up the great work.

15. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Any updates on the use of playmaker with this package? I bought this a while ago in the hopes that playmaker support will come. I'm desperate for playmaker support as I am working on a Virtual Reality Oculus go project space sim that heavily relies on this asset, any updates would be great!

16. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Anyone willing to pickup where the developer left off with this asset?

17. CallumP

CallumP

sorry, been busy the last few weeks. I've now taken TradeSys off the asset store but will still support any issues that arise due to new unity updates for the time being

I'm starting to have a look at rewriting the system to make it better but this will take time but I'm hoping that i continue to find the time to write the code to get it back on the store as soon as i can and the idea is that it will be far easier for me to then integrate with other assets

shyamarama, mandisaw, kev000 and 4 others like this.
  18. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Is anyone who has this asset interested in doing a playmaker conversion that also allows the screens to be put on Canvas? I'm needed to use this in a VR environment, I'm willing to pay $100

19. John-G

John-G

Hi @CallumP, hope all is well. Any updates/progress report on the rewrite.

shyamarama, rmorph and Duffer123 like this.
  20. rmorph

rmorph

Coming back to look at the asset after a while and sadly it's giving me obsolete warnings and the demo no longer runs.
    I'm not a programmer. Any chance anyone can fix these issues and get the asset running?

Assets\TradeSys\Editor\ItemEditor.cs(34,11): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabType(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabAssetType and GetPrefabInstanceStatus to get the full picture about Prefab types.'
    Assets\TradeSys\Editor\ItemEditor.cs(34,66): warning CS0618: 'PrefabType' is obsolete: 'PrefabType no longer tells everything about Prefab instance.'
    Assets\TradeSys\Editor\TraderEditor.cs(81,21): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource.'
    Assets\TradeSys\Editor\TraderEditor.cs(91,32): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabType(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabAssetType and GetPrefabInstanceStatus to get the full picture about Prefab types.'
    Assets\TradeSys\Editor\TraderEditor.cs(91,77): warning CS0618: 'PrefabType' is obsolete: 'PrefabType no longer tells everything about Prefab instance.'

21. mandisaw

mandisaw

Any chance of this asset returning to the Store, or even just the Lite version being posted on Github? My game is a tactical RPG based on a historical fantasy version of the Silk Road, and someone recommended TradeSys as a possible way to have dynamic merchants in the game.

Hopefully you can make my Spice & Wolf dreams come true :)

22. mandisaw

mandisaw

I don't have the asset, but I can tell you what the problem is. Those errors are all related to the new nested Prefab workflow. If you check the Unity documentation for "PrefabUtility", and look for the functions/methods referred to in the warnings, you may be able to have any programmer (doesn't have to be a Unity one) swap it out cleanly. Just make sure that you have backed up your scripts & entire project before messing with any scripts.

John-G and shyamarama like this.
  23. sommmen

sommmen

Asset store links are down. Is there any place i can get the code? Is this completely abandoned?

24. CallumP

CallumP

It's been a while, for some reason I didn't get email updates for posts so I'll check that.

Fixes for small bugs and issues I'll put in here but larger issues (which I suspect the prefab ones may be) could be more difficult to explain to fix.

I'm reluctant to put the source code on github as that contains a lot of the logic and similar logic will be used again. I don't think I'll be able to put the package back on the unity store without fixing a lot, e.g. prefab issues, use the canvas UI system. I'm open to suggestions but putting dll files or the lite version on github or somewhere may be the best option?

Setting up the database of items in a way that will hopefully give a lot of flexibility has been difficult. I've had a few different ideas but have now created one that can do a lot more and for now I'm happy with. In this version, all items will be able to be a currency for trades, meaning currencies can be physical in game and have a weight. Which means you can trade cows for sheep or whatever you fancy. You can store a history of trades completed, similar to a receipt, tracking items traded and the location. I will be trying to make it easier to modify item pricing when buying / selling items. Changing the values used for item price calculation will be made easy to alter as this will influence the exchange rates between every item.

I was hoping to be further along but I end up altering the way some parts work to help other things and had come across issues with some of the ideas or solutions I had. Combined with getting used to using Unity and the new updates has taken a while! Hopefully I can fully write it rather than getting busy and having a massive gap then changing how the code works.

25. John-G

John-G

Sound good, Callum. Look forward to where you bring this.

Duffer123 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  26. CallumP

CallumP

The source code is now on github here. All of the versions have a separate release with the associated unitypackage file that was from the asset store.

mandisaw, ionusprimus, JFI66 and 2 others like this.
  27. unitydevist

unitydevist

I have this issue at the moment with the first GitHub release. Has anyone else gotten it to work? Maybe the CallumP namespace is referencing a file that requires the original asset store package?
    https://github.com/Callum2409/TradeSys/issues/1

With 2.10 I get this error (both from master and after importing the package):
    Assets\TradeSys\Controller.cs(5,15): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TagManagement' does not exist in the namespace 'CallumP' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    Assets\TradeSys\Example\CreatePostsTraders.cs(3,15): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TagManagement' does not exist in the namespace 'CallumP' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    Assets\TradeSys\Controller.cs(508,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ObjectTags' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\TradeSys\Controller.cs(78,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TagManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\TradeSys\TradePost.cs(30,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TagManagement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\TradeSys\Trader.cs(34,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TagManagement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    I'm using Unity 2019 LTS if that helps. But it seems like there's a missing dependency. Do I need to add this to the purchased package to get it to work? That isn't available now.

Also, TradeSys looks amazing and thank you for making it even if you can't continue working on it fully now. Quite an achievement.

28. unitydevist

unitydevist

29. scranley

scranley

Hello CallumP,

Are you working on Tradesys still, I would love to use this in my game.

Seamus

Tom163 likes this.
  30. Tom163

Tom163

The manual links here, but it seems the package is abandoned with no updates on Github for 2 years. That's really sad because it seems incredibly powerful.

Anyways - I was looking into the code because my traders don't appear to ever buy anything, and I can't find anywhere in the code that the "sell" option of trade posts is ever checked. Anyone got an insight on that?

31. mandisaw

mandisaw

You'll need to implement your own Trader movement/patrol system. The Manual mentions this in the Tips section, I believe, and the Examples has a TraderAI sample script to start from. Good luck!

32. Tom163

Tom163

I have them moving alright, that's the easy part. What I don't see them SELLING anything when they reach the destination.