Search Unity

[RELEASED] TradeSys 2.x - A trading and manufacturing system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CallumP, Mar 2, 2013.

1. CallumP

CallumP

2.4 has been released!

This update adds a few new methods regarding the addition and removal of trade posts as well as some general improvements and fixes.

The full change log for this update is below:
    • Can now only have one controller in the scene at a time
    • Spawners will now show the circle spawn area
    • Traders will only go back to their start post if the group or faction is incorrect when the trade post’s has changed. Before they would go back even if they could still go there
    • Can now select allow trades and allow manufacture in the inspector and not just through the debug menu / code
    • Added ability to collect items to the player script
    • Added option to select If the items spawned are able to be collected by a trader
    • New methods:
      • New method to allow trade posts to be moved after the start
      • Method to allow new trade posts to be added
      • Method to delete trade posts
    • Bug fixes:
      • Fixed when no units defined and a manufacture mass is meant to be 0, it would show as 1
      • Bug giving errors produced by TradeSys when playing the game in editor and selecting a trade post
      • Issue where spawned items would be included in item averages twice

Teila and John-G like this.
  2. Xeir

Xeir

Wow, brings back memories of TradeWars. :D Now that's something I haven't thought about in a VERY long time.

3. CallumP

CallumP

Version 2.5 is now available!

This version brings back expendable traders which will be created at one post and destroyed when it arrives at the next. A new option of making traders have a depot where they return to after each trade has also been added and some other changes and improvements.

The full change log is below:
    • Added in depots
    • Added in expendable traders
    • Check window will automatically update, making any changes made to processes easier to see
    • New methods:
      • Method to destroy the trader
      • Method to drop all the cargo or a single item
      • Method to make changing the enabled factions for traders easier
      • Change the home post ID (the depot of the trader if enabled)

4. CallumP

CallumP

2.6 is now in the store!

The change log is below:
    • Manufacturing processes can cost credits. This is set individually in each trade post and trader
    • Check manufacturing window will also show the credit change
    • Added new move options for when a trade post has nothing for a trader to take:
      • Items per distance - go to the post with the maximum of the items it wants to sell divided by distance
      • Best trade - calculate the best trades for the reachable posts and select the very best
    • Slight performance improvement by removing a couple of unnecessary faction and group checks

5. Digitalrecline

Digitalrecline

Hi really looking to try this out but I cant get the Lite version installed on 4.6.2 and the dropbox demos are not currently working either. Is there a trick to installing this beyond adding the tags. There is no gameObject > create other option and the demo scene wont run as it doesn't recognize he scripts. Would really like to get this going as it seems like a great fit for a project of mine.

6. CallumP

CallumP

Hi, I think the demos may appear to not work in chrome. If you click on the shield in the very right of the address bar, and click load unsafe scripts (the only scripts on the page are the unity webplayer ones), it should load ok.

I've imported TradeSys Lite into 4.6.2 and it appears to be working ok, so it's strange it isn't working for you. Have you tried importing it into an empty project and see if that makes a difference?

7. Digitalrecline

Digitalrecline

Looks like you are correct. Looks like a great module but unfortunately seems incompatible with PlayMaker. Or does the Demo have a lock so you can't run other plugins to test?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  8. CallumP

CallumP

I've never used PlayMaker so I haven't done anything to make it work with PlayMaker. Whether it would be able to find some variables and show how they are linked I don't know either.

If people would be interested in having PlayMaker integration and/or would be more likely to purchase TradeSys because it does, I may have a look into trying to get it to work although it may not be for a while.

9. jshrek

jshrek

Is there an update for the LITE version that I can test out?

Thanks

10. CallumP

CallumP

Hi,
    Currently I don't have any plans to update the lite version unless it was found that it doesn't work due to API updates etc. I've just tested the lite version in unity 5 and it appears to not be working so I will be having a look into that.

If it was to test out some of the functionality of the full version, I may be able to try and produce more example scenes to demonstrate the capabilities or try to give an explanation on here if you let me know what sort of things you were hoping to try out.

11. CallumP

CallumP

I've tested the full version in unity 5 and it appears to be working fine. The lite version, however, doesnt but it does work in my brief test in unity 4.6 suggesting it could be to do with the dll files.

Unfortunately, im not able to look at what is causing the issue for a while due to exams, but will try to fix this as soon as possible

12. JacobFalling

JacobFalling

Hello!

I recently saw TradeSys referenced as being compatible with Pixelcrusher's Love/Hate, and I'm strongly considering it for a project which utilizes Love/Hate, Dialogue System, Adventure Creator, and is driven by PlayMaker. If you're still considering designing some PlayMaker actions, It would certainly tip me over the edge.

Has anyone else out there been able to get PlayMaker to work with TradeSys?

Jacob

13. CallumP

CallumP

Hi, thanks for your interest in TradeSys!

I hadn't heard about Pixelcrusher's Love/Hate system before, but it sounds like an interesting system, thanks for letting me know that they've made it compatible with TradeSys. As for PlayMaker, I'm looking at including it, however, this may take a long time to do between other commitments so unfortunately I can't say for sure whether it will be added any time soon.

Callum

14. TonyLi

TonyLi

I knew I forgot something! :) @CallumP - I PM'ed you a copy of Love/Hate. If you have any suggestions for making the TradeSys integration more useful for developers, please let me know!

15. CallumP

CallumP

TradeSys 2.7 is now available!

This update moves groups, factions and post tags to use a new package which is included in TradeSys and will hopefully be available very soon on the store for free. This allows other objects to use the same groups and factions as used in TradeSys, for example the player in the player demo scene.

More methods have also been added to return the nearest post buying/selling items, the cheapest and the most expensive items as well as lists of what the post wants to buy and sell. Other minor issues have also been fixed.

I have just found that the manuals that are included in the package for some reason dont show on the page properly. However, the links to the manuals found on the first post have been updated so display correctly.

John-G and Ony like this.
  16. Ony

Ony

Has anyone used TradeSys in conjunction with ORK? I've had TradeSys and ORK in my Wishlist for so long and I'm finally at a point where I'm pretty sure I'd like to use them for a game. Very happy to see TradeSys updated just recently.

17. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Not yet.. But I downloaded the lite version with the intention on testing it with ORK, along with Tony Li's Dialogue and Love/Hate systems.. Just haven't had the chance to dig into them yet. Would love to also hear if anyone is actually using with ORK.. :)

Ony likes this.
  18. TonyLi

TonyLi

Updated TradeSys support packages for Love/Hate and the Dialogue System are in the works. If you get a chance to dig into them and you come up with any features that would be helpful to you, please let me know!

19. digiross

digiross

Can anyone confirm if this asset works with Unity 5? Looks nice, but wanna be sure.

20. CallumP

CallumP

I don't know if it works for ORK as it stands, but I can try to have a look at getting it to work if it doesnt already do so. I've recently purchased PlayMaker so shall try to get compatibility working with that first.

The full version works with Unity 5 but unfortunately the lite version currently doesnt due to changes in how the dll files work.

Ony likes this.
  21. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Any chance this is going to be updated? Was hoping to use it to test to make sure I can integrate and use the way I plan prior to purchasing full version... :/

22. CallumP

CallumP

Turns out it was a naming issue which unity 4 is ok with but 5 doesnt like. It looks like that was the only issue and I will upload it very soon

Edit: its been submitted now so should be available on the asset store soon

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    BackwoodsGaming and John-G like this.
  23. CallumP

CallumP

The lite version update has now been accepted on the asset store. The lite version has the code in a .dll file so feel free to ask me if you have any questions about whether something is included in the full version.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  24. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 1.6 was just released on the Asset Store. It contains an updated support package to accommodate the changes made in TradeSys 2.7.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  25. Duffer123

Duffer123

@CallumP ,

Any chance of support for and compatibility with Inventory Pro and Playmaker (with Playmaker actions)?

26. CallumP

CallumP

Hi,
    Apologies for not seeing your post earlier! I am going to be looking into adding PlayMaker support. I will have a look at Inventory Pro after I've managed to try and get PlayMaker support working.

27. Duffer123

Duffer123

@CallumP ,

That would be excellent.... will keep track of this thread. ..

28. Teila

Teila

Inventory Pro support would be fantastic! :)

29. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

+1 for integration with Inventory Pro.

30. CallumP

CallumP

I might have a look at getting Inventory Pro to work with TradeSys first then

31. CallumP

CallumP

Hi, just an update on progress of the next update of TradeSys.

Having looked at Inventory Pro, it should be able to get it and TradeSys to work together. The main issue is Inventory Pro allows multiple currencies, and this is what will be included in the next update. The update after this (2.9) should hopefully include at least a basic compatibility between the two systems.

I still need to sort out a few things and update the documentation and sort out all of the images. Recently, I've not had much time due to a lot of work, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks I should be able to find some time to sort and upload the update.

Callum

32. StarFluke

StarFluke

So Awesome! I plan to start adding TradeSys, Love/Hate, and Inventory Pro in to my universe in December!

TonyLi likes this.
  33. DigiLusionist

DigiLusionist

I'm designing a 2D Space Trader text adventure game in Unity.

I am not a coder, so I purchased Tradesys, Love/Hate, Adventure Creator, Dialogue System, and Localized Dialogue.

I am hoping to become proficient enough with these to be able to do what I envision. If not, I will offer to pay a coder to help me with them.

I clicked on the links for the documentation for Tradesys, but the links lead to a broken link page.

TonyLi likes this.
  34. TonyLi

TonyLi

I maintain the TradeSys - Love/Hate integration package, so if either of you have any questions about using Callum's TradeSys with Love/Hate or the Dialogue System for Unity, please PM me, post on the Pixel Crushers forum, post on the Unity forum thread, or email me at tony (at) pixelcrushers.com, whichever you prefer. I'm always happy to help!

The Dialogue System also has Inventory Pro support. It's maintained by Joris, but I'm familiar with how the integration works under the hood, so if you have any questions on that, let me know.

StarFluke, DigiLusionist and hopeful like this.
  35. CallumP

CallumP

@DigiLusionist which links are you using? The links on the first post of this thread and the asset store page work for me

36. DigiLusionist

DigiLusionist

@CallumP scroll down a bit on the first page of this thread, and there are two or three posts with links for the manual which are 404s.

37. CallumP

CallumP

Ah, I didnt see them. They were old links but then I had to change the link because dropbox had to use new links because of a secuirty issue some time ago. I've removed all of the links to the manual other than in the first post in case something similar happens again. Thanks for letting me know they werent working! :)

38. Trevise

Trevise

Just bought the asset, excited to start using it. I've made two posts and a single trader with two goods just to test the system. The game throws exceptions and it breaks as soon as a trade is to be made. It looks like I have everything setup right and it looks the sames as the examples (one of the examples - factions got this error too). What's the beef? I haven't touched factions.

Code (CSharp):

39. CallumP

CallumP

Hi, I don't quite know why the factions example has an error as it has enough posts to not have any issues, but I have worked out why there is an error. It's caused when it tries to tell a trader to go to a random post but it can only go to one post which is the one it came from. Fortunately, it is easy to fix.

If you change line 650 (it should already look similar to this, my code might be a line or two out) to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SendToPost (trader, reachable [Random.Range (0, reachable.Length)].post, true, 0, true);
    and change line 785 (once again should be similar) to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void SendToPost (Trader trader, int postID, bool empty, float time, bool random=false)
    This should sort any issues as it forces the trader to move to the randomly generated post even if it came from there.

If this is still causing issues or you have any other problems/questions, feel free to ask.

This will be included in the next update, but as it only requires a couple of changes, I thought I'd explain how to fix it. I'm looking at sorting the next update soon, unfortunately I didn't have much free time when I last said it wouldn't be long, and had exams etc. so was unable to do anything before now.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  40. Trevise

Trevise

Thanks for the quick response! I made the code changes but still have the issue. Below is the new error. If this can be solved by just adding more posts, I can definitely do that - I want to have more anyway.

Code (CSharp):

41. CallumP

CallumP

Would it be possible for you to send me your project folder please? I can't seem to replicate the issue you have in a scene I have with two trade posts

42. Trevise

Trevise

Don't worry about it, I added a 3rd and it's working fine. Thank you so much for the help!

43. boysenberry

boysenberry

Any updates on the inventory pro integration? I am thinking about getting this wonderful sounding package, but have thrown my eggs in with the inventory pro system.

44. CallumP

CallumP

Unfortunately I still have been unable to find time to sort the update which makes changes and to allow for the integration with inventory pro. Hopefully after this week I should have some time to finally release this update and start with the actual integration.

Tinjaw and boysenberry like this.
  45. boysenberry

boysenberry

I purchased your asset regardless. It looks wonderful and I can't wait to start playing with it.
    I'll keep my eyes open for the update.

46. CallumP

CallumP

2.8 is now available!

This update, as previously mentioned, allows for multiple currencies to be used. This is required before I can try to integrate with Inventory Pro. Other changes include the ability to select an item to be hidden and buy and/or sell. This allows for more options which were previously unavailable. Expendable traders have also received a few fixes as there were some issues. Other minor fixes and improvements.

47. tomihr2

tomihr2

Hello,

I would like to use your system for may game, is there any working demo like the one in the link with those skeletons running around :)

48. CallumP

CallumP

Unfortunately, I don't think I still have the files for that example as it is quite an old demo. That example was built using TradeSys 1.x, and using the new version would result in having to set everything up correctly again anyway.

The scene is built using TradeSys and a basic pathfinding code that was freely available. The demo scenes included are similar to this, they just don't have the pathfinding program or the models used.

I will, however, look at creating a basic scene which uses the built in pathfinding.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions regarding this, feel free to contact me.

(I have also replied to your pm with a slightly longer reply :) )

BackwoodsGaming and John-G like this.
  49. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi @CallumP,

How are you getting on with Playmaker and InventoryPro?
    was great news to hear that multiple currency support is available.

Tinjaw and Teila like this.
  50. CallumP

CallumP

Hi, I was going to be posting an update on this in a couple of days, but shall do so now.

I have almost finished making it possible to pull data from InventoryPro, need to be able to get the data for exchanges as that is something I may add more functionality to in future updates. I still need to push the data, hopefully that should be mostly reversing what has already been done.

I haven't looked at Playmaker much yet, that is something I will have to have a look at after but may take some time as I will have to look at some examples and work out the best way of doing so.

While writing the stuff for InventoryPro, I have been considering rewriting TradeSys, mostly because I feel having more smaller files will be more useful and easier to edit, but doing that should hopefully make adding support for other packages slightly easier. (This would also probably move to a more agent based model, so the traders themselves make all of the decisions rather than being told by a controller script.) However, this would be a large update which would take some time to complete.