Search Unity

[RELEASED] TPSA - Third Person Shooter System (template)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stiffx, Jan 24, 2015.

?

What additional pack would you like to see in TPSA?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
  1. Enemy AI Shooter

44.4%
  2. Friend AI (like sherry from Resident evil 4)

55.6%
  1. AgathaCrup

AgathaCrup

I am majorly dyslexic, type everything where I can spell check it...(tho that don't always work) they didn't show up till I posted ;) thanks for the heads up Steven.

2. josker

josker

Can the camera be set to be more like a top down shooter, more angled than top down.

3. Stiffx

Stiffx

Many thanks @AgathaCrup :)

Where can I see that? haha :D never knew about it.

You have some really nice Ideas some of them I started to think about some days ago. Anyways I really appreciate your time writing all of those great ideas, I'm sure considering them. By the way the mine drop is almost ready :D I was working in silence about it.

This is the thing that motivates me more. :)

Thank you for your support I'm truly happy
    :rolleyes:

4. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there @josker yes it can indeed, but for a top-down camera you would loose one of the major functionalities of the pack, the aiming system. But yes, it can, just adjust the camera pivot, avoid Y rotation and it's done. Or you can simply use your own camera solution, a few tweaks is needed but nothing too drastic

5. ActiveRigStudios

ActiveRigStudios

Sry I didn't go through the entire thread. I wanted to know is this asset mobile friendly? Or which platforms was this aimed towards?

Thank You

6. AgathaCrup

AgathaCrup

Hey staffix, heres the ranking... top 5.jpg

Stiffx likes this.
  7. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there @ActiveRigStudios
    In terms of script yes the project is mobile compatible, I just did not create the mobile controls. For example if you want to controll camera scripts with mobile joystick you just have to change the Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y") to the mobile joystick axis for camera. The same goes for character controller. But in terms of 3d content maybe it's better to replace the character (cause of poly count/texture size etc...), and some of the textures (you know mobile is very limited).

Anyways, the project is using keyboard an mouse commands for now, but if you change that for mobile commands everything will work as it should.

ActiveRigStudios likes this.
  8. Stiffx

Stiffx

ohh I see, but it's gone now :(. Thank you anyway

9. drewradley

drewradley

I have a few suggestions on improving the inventory system that I have already implemented and seem to work nicely.
    • Check each weapon to see if hasWeapon is true and add any of those to the inventory.
    • Make it so you cannot drop the currently equipped weapon
    • when a weapon is dropped, change hasWeapon to false
    • Instantiate the dropped weapon in the scene to be picked back up at any time.

Stiffx likes this.
  10. Stiffx

Stiffx

The "Check each weapon to see if hasWeapon is true and add any of those to the inventory" is the part I do not agree. I'll let it be the way it is because you need first to pickup the weapon. But other than that very nice suggestions. Thanks for sharing

Attached Files:

11. drewradley

drewradley

Yeah, I considered skipping that but it's in case someone wants to start the player with a weapon. I also intend to add a "save game" and figured saving the hasWeapon bool is the easiest way to keep track of which weapons they have when saving and then repopulate the inventory when loading.

12. Stiffx

Stiffx

Yes, I figured you would say that. That's why you must do it in reverse. Load your save game, and by the time you load your inventory (I believe you would save all of the items in there) go trough all the weapons and set HasWeapon to true; If you go the way you are thinking you would have to store each weapon pickup prefab in orther to get data to populate the inventory

drewradley likes this.
  13. drewradley

drewradley

Good point. I didn't think about that. I haven't implemented the save yet so I'll take that into consideration!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Stiffx likes this.
  14. Stiffx

Stiffx

As already said a wise man: there is nothing so good that can not be improved.
    The TPSA_AI is now smooth and faster.

The major changes are:
    *More Organized
    *Optimized (allot of changes here with performance in mind)
    *Better documentation
    *The zombie now rotates by animation/angular speed.
    *Better visual for public variables
    Also you can see the exact position where the AI aims (the red dot on the floor)

This changes are being made thinking about the next steps of the pack, this AI will be the main base for other behaviors.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

something that could be a sweet addition to the pack: armor vest. Ability to pick up an armor vest and have a second life bar with it. this could be another skinned mesh on top of the character that can be shown / hidden when picked up or wrecked. Just a thought.

16. silentking

silentking

Hi,

I'm being stupid and can't figure out how to get the radar camera to function.

I've placed the main camera into both slots, and multiple other combinations.

Do i need another camera or have I missed something obvious?

17. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there, sorry about that but this Radar camera is using unity GUI witch is an old solution and uses two cameras, I'm working on a better solution based on the new unity UI. So please wait until I finish the new radar :)

silentking likes this.
  18. silentking

silentking

Cheers man, much appreciated :)

Stiffx likes this.
  19. Stiffx

Stiffx

Update:
    The new AI + WayPoint System

20. Stiffx

Stiffx

Well then *Friend AI it is. The poll is closed and thank you all for your votes. :)

21. Stiffx

Stiffx

New updates:
    * Waypoints manager after click at Add waypoint now there's a cancel button
    * Waypoints manager: now you can visualize the path
    * TPSA_AI allot of improvements and now you can set the AI to Go To any position whn it's not player position nor waypoint position, because sometimes you need it to go to a dynamic destination in runtime, it will try it's best to reach destination, but if it fails it will tell you by colling a virtual method. Even if it reaches destination it calls a virtual method to tell the child behavior class what happend.
    * TPSA_PlayerController: Now when you push a object the player is centered to the object preventing the arms to go too far from the body.

Now the TPSA_AI is the Main class and takes care of movement, brain and sensor. The rest is done by a child class that extends TPSA_AI and can override most of the father's methods;

I'm finishing some touches and I'll be uploading the project again.

" I'm working my ass off here everyday to make it even better. "

Cheers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    snackzilla likes this.
  22. Stiffx

Stiffx

To the guy from ip 89.12.183.226 located at Bensheim, HE, Germany close by Lat: 49.680000 Lon: 8.616000
    who tried to sql inject my website more than 10.000 times
    thank you you gave me I nice Idea to prevent multiple posts :D. Are you using havij?

silentking likes this.
  23. Stiffx

Stiffx

silentking likes this.
  24. silentking

silentking

Someone trying to hack your site man?

Stiffx likes this.
  25. drewradley

drewradley

Is the change to pushing the only change to the player? I'm using a different AI so I don't really need all those updates.

26. Stiffx

Stiffx

Yes everyday they try to, but this time this guy tried more than 10 thousand times.

If I understand you correctly, the changes are AI and player controller. Take a look at the Pushobject methods you can copy and paste your code all the push methods. Other than that if you don't use my AI solution you don't need it.

drewradley likes this.
  27. drewradley

drewradley

Yeah, I just wanted to know if there were any other changes to the player besides the push.

28. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there Guys,

I've started to organize the main scripts in order to make it easy to read and setup. I've already done that on AI scripts now is time to update camera scripts, next comes the changes on PlayerController. I'm also writing notes at the code if you guys need to understand it better.

Attached Files:

silentking and snackzilla like this.
  29. silentking

silentking

Brill work man, Loving that camera. Hope you're well.

Stiffx likes this.
  30. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you @silentking

31. hitking100

hitking100

I've been watching this development with a lot of interest. Aren't you the same developer who made the zombie survivor template i once bought ? You've certainly upped your game a lot since then.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I've thought about that as well... what was the user name... fanolinux, I think... it's been a while he hasn't been seen on the forum... didn't check his profile though...

hitking100 likes this.
  33. hitking100

hitking100

You are absolutely right. That was fanolinux, he suddenly vanished when he was working on the mecanim update for the zombie template. Saw several old YouTube instruction videos of fanolinux in Stiffx account, so we have a match ;)

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

In any cases, this is a really awesome asset that's worth every penny!

Stiffx likes this.
  35. hitking100

hitking100

From looking at the video's and the testament of you and other users here i'm sure that's the case. But so was Zombie Survivor Template before it suddenly vanished before any further promised updates. Then you turn around and see that the author simply switched accounts, continued with his project under another name and sells it again. But that's not something that needs to be discussed here, i'll take it up with Costumer Service.

36. Archania

Archania

I have that and this one. Doesn't matter if it is or isnt. This is a wonderful asset and I gladly purchased it.

Stiffx likes this.
  37. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Same here!

Stiffx likes this.
  38. r3ndesigner

r3ndesigner

Ask for a discount, Easy to fix friend.this asset is amazing every Day with Nice updates, If is possible, i Buy again and any another assets. :)

39. pixelquaternion

pixelquaternion

Hi there,

Is there a third person ladder system in this package? Sorry if i didn't check all the posts because of time constrain.

Regards Peter

40. Stiffx

Stiffx

@pixelquaternion The ladder is under development and will be avalible very soon.

Hi there guys, here's the new characters for the Friend AI addition, the main character will still be available in the pack but I'll be using the new one of course the new male character will be free in TPSA, the girl will be available in the Friend AI additional pack.

I'll be posting videos soon

Venged and UnleadedGames like this.
  41. pixelquaternion

pixelquaternion

Thank for the reply and i will wait for the update.

Regards Peter

Stiffx likes this.
  42. Stiffx

Stiffx

I'm updating the player controller, it will be easier to use/understand

43. r3ndesigner

r3ndesigner

when we can see a video from this amazing addon?

Stiffx likes this.
  44. r3ndesigner

r3ndesigner

and about the vehicles addon? any news?

Stiffx likes this.
  45. AgathaCrup

AgathaCrup

Hey Staffix, addons looking amazing will be buying, looking forward to more info.

Stiffx likes this.
  46. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you @AgathaCrup I appreciate your support

47. Stiffx

Stiffx

very soon :)
    I'm working on it too. The main goal is to reorganize the main scripts as I'm showing and then finish the additions. I believe in foundation, if the foundation is strong the rest is going to be just fine.

UnleadedGames likes this.
  48. Stiffx

Stiffx

@drewradley this is about your request, the adjustments you had to do by hard codding now can be done in the editor :)

UnleadedGames and drewradley like this.
  49. DanielKW

DanielKW

Hey @Stiffx I just bought tpsa really love the system, however I would like to report a bug.

When your character pushes the box at the top of the stairs if you tap the dodge key your character will roll into and push it at tremendous speeds.

I tried it a few more times and it throws off the camera and the character then proceeds to walk through stuff.

also I couldn't shoot sometimes after if I reloaded while still aiming.

I noticed enemy health will freeze at a certain point for 30 seconds or so before damage is applied again.

EDIT: Inventory Bug

I discarded the UMP-45 and tried moving the ak-47 to it's slot, it didn't work.

Separately I discarded the UMP-45 again and it still shows up in the weapon wheel.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Stiffx likes this.
  50. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there @DanielKW thank you for your purchase and for this report, I'll check it out and let you know about the fix.