Search Unity

[RELEASED] Tower Defense Perfect Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by chemael, Aug 6, 2015.

?

What feature would you like next?

1. New Tower (such as Slow, Teleport, Stun, ...)

2. Items (such as bomb, ice bomb, ...)

3. Hero system

4. New Enemy (such as attack tower, stun tower,...)

5. Native InApp (such as android inApp purchase,...)

6. Achievement

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. chemael

chemael

Tower Defense Perfect Kit (TDPK) is a full package to create tower defense games like the kingdom rush easily.
    - It is compatible with mobile as well as standalone and webplayer.
    - all scripts are written with c#
    - ugui only (doesn’t require other asset)
    - Unity5 Ready.

Try the Webplayer
    AssetStore Link

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    im likes this.
  2. chemael

chemael

here is another movie to show How to add path & turret base in editor.
    any questons or suggestions are welcome.

3. chemael

chemael

Here is the download link of TDPK.apk for android (Dropbox)
    I have tested on samsung galaxy s2 (Gingerbread) & nexus4 (Rollipop).
    TDPK.apk

4. chemael

chemael

TDPK 1.0.1 has updated now.
    - Unity Editor 4.6x support added.

I plan to update a variety of features.
    - stage select menu scene & another stage (working in progress)
    - more tower & upgrade (stun, projectile tower)
    - more enemy (enemy with shield, etc...)
    - heros
    - skill & shop

I didn't decide what features will be added for next update until now.
    However, I will start updating those features step-by-step.

5. Kasaie

Kasaie

Looks very interesting! Good luck with the sale ;)

6. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I want to purchase. Is it complicated to change the creeps and towers!? Will you include a shop system for a monetize way? a

7. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

Any buyers willing to post a review?

This looks like good value at todays discounted price.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  8. chemael

chemael

Hi Kasaie !
    Thanks. Good luck to you.

Hi Devision4 !
    I plan to make more tutorials.
    (How to add a Enemy, How to add aTower, etc...)
    Please wait next tutorial!
    and Shops will be added sooner or later.

9. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Great! I don't regret my purchase.

10. rydewitt

rydewitt

When do think the next update will be? Thanks!
    R

11. chemael

chemael

New tutorial uploaded.
    Tower Defense Perfect Kit - Tutorial 2 : Create New Enemy

More tutorials will be upload step-by-step.

12. chemael

chemael

I plan to upload more step-by-step tutorials soon as follows:
    - Tutorial 1 : Add Path (uploaded)
    - Tutorial 2 : Create New Enemy (uploaded)
    - Tutorial 3 : Create New Tower (comming soon)
    - Tutorial 4 : Create New Level

Each tutorial will take about 2-3 days to create.
    Please keep checking my Youtube channel and unity forum for updates.

to rydewitt
    About the next update:
    I plan to request a review from the asset store team at the end of this month. so the publication date will be in the 1st week of October.
    Added features are below.
    - More detailed comments.
    - More detailed documents.
    - Stage select scene & script.
    - 1 more game stage.
    - Tower targetting options.
    - Enemy with animation and shield.
    - More graphic resources.

Any questons or suggestions are welcome.

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

sounds great

14. chemael

chemael

I uploaded a video tutorial named "Tower Defense Perfect Kit - Tutorial 3 : Create New Tower" to my Youtube channel.

15. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

great!!! Thank you!

16. rydewitt

rydewitt

I purchased your asset, my credit card was charged $100, and the project never showed up in my downloads.
    frustrating. :( . Unity support has not replied to my support email nor web contact yet.
    Ryan

17. chemael

chemael

New tutorial ! "Tower Defense Perfect Kit - Tutorial 4 : Create New Stage".

to rydewitt
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your problem will be resolved soon.

18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Cool. thank you. How can we make that after complete Stage 1 its loading Stage 2?

19. chemael

chemael

to Devision4
    Change OnButtonNext() in UIResult.cs
    public void OnButtonNext() {
    BEUtil.instance.SoundPlay(6);
    Application.LoadLevel ("New Scene Name"); // change here !
    }

20. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Thank you! Excellent support. I wish you many sales.

21. MangeyD

MangeyD

I am not very happy as I have been told not to email the dev and to use this forum if I want support!!

I have added a couple of my own towers but I cannot upgrade them. They do everything they should as towers but after placing them when I click on them I do not get the menu coming back up to let me upgrade them. Any thoughts on why this is happening would be appreciated.

I would like to know how to add animation to an enemy as there is no point putting a humanoid character in as an enemy and then having them float through the scene. I know a video is coming on this but if you could explain to me what I need to do that would be appreciated.

I would also like for the enemies to be able to engage with the ground troops that fight them so can you let me know if this feature is planned, or what part of the code I need to look at to implement this myself.... also how do I add my own assets for the ground troops deployed by your Infantry tower including animating them?

Once the enemies are fighting back against infantry I would also like the ability to put a barrier style tower across their path to block them and/or just slow them up - this would require an ad hoc style of tower placement that was not on a base. This is not a high priority but definitely something I would like to try and add myself if I understood better about where to add code for it.

I have just been playing with modifying the supplied demo level for now but once I get the enemies and infantry working the way I need and get over the tower upgrade issues I am having I will begin developing my own levels around the engine as despite the incredibly poor documentation and the bad experiences I have been having communicating with the dev this kit may end up being the basis for the current project I am working on.

22. MangeyD

MangeyD

I am swapping out all of the audio at the moment and I can't find where the death noise is for when enemies die. I want to swap the explosion noise out and replace it with an organic death cry.... I would also like to be able to set this up per enemy type and I would like to have a list of death sounds available so that a random one can be played each time to give a bit more diversity to when the enemies are killed.

Can you advise where I change out the death audio clip for the enemies and whether or not this is per enemy type or global for all enemies. I see that there is a dead effect on the health script that is per enemy and I expected the audio clip to be there as well... maybe it is and I haven't seen it but it would be good if you can point me in the right direction for changing this out.

Once I have that done I would also like to be able to change the explosion dead effect and have a death animation play for the enemy... essentially have the enemy just falling to the ground while grunting and then having the game object destroyed. As with the idea of a list of death audio clips it would be good to have a list of death animations to allow them to die with a range of animations and sounds applied. This would give the game a bit more depth... and you can always just have one sound and one animation in the list if you are happy to have the same sound and effect for each enemy death!

I am going to watch your 'Create new Stage' video soon and may have some questions on that when I am done. Hopefully you will be able to answer some of the queries soon.

23. chemael

chemael

to MangeyD

Upgrade menu doesn't show when click installed tower.
    - Check your tower's tag name was "Tower"
    - Is your tower has collider?

Add animation to Enemy
    - Feature will be added at Next Update

Enemy engage ground unit
    - Enemy engage with infantry tower unit was implemented from the version 1.0

Add new unit how to?
    - I will make video tutorials after next version published.

Barrier style tower to block enemy's path
    - I have no plan to add this kind of tower.

Enemy dead sound
    - At now, all unit's dead sounds are same.
    BEHealth.cs's BEUtil.instance.SoundPlay(4+Random.Range(0,2)); is code.
    After next update, you can set dead sound per enemy & unit.

Enemy dead effect
    - Set "Pref Dead Effect" at BEHealth.cs's inspector

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  24. MangeyD

MangeyD

Thanks

Towers tag name was not set and it is working now.

I will have to wait for the next update then I guess to add animated enemies

It is all good to say engage unit is in V1 but I need to know more than this as it is obvious I do not know how to customise it... I have put my own enemies in and they do not engage with ground units... will the next version allow animations for enemies to engage with ground units and how do I setup my enemies to engage?

I will have to wait for the next update to add my own units

I will work on my own addition of barriers that can be placed

with enemy dead sound I can't work out from your response how I change this global sound and add my own can you please advise

with enemy dead effect will this allow me to specify a death animation for the enemy... I didn't think that is what this setting did, but that is what my question was asking for.

25. chemael

chemael

to MangeyD

Enemy fight with infantry unit
    - If enemy tag & layer name doesn't set to "Enemy" or doesn't have box collider, tower & unit don't attack them.
    - If Enemy has no BEWeapon, unit attack them and enemy will stop when they attacked.

Next version update about Enemy & Unit
    - You can set walk,attack,dead animation to enemy
    - You can set dead sound to enemy
    - You can set idle,walk,attack,dead animation to unit
    - You can set dead sound to unit
    - When enemy & unit dead, dead animation will played once, and then destroyed.

Enemy dead effect (this was implemented in current version)
    - Enemy dead effectt is just particle effect. When enemy dead, just instantiate the effect.

26. MangeyD

MangeyD

thanks for that I don't have a BEWeapon setup for my enemies so that is probably why they don't engage.

I will look forward to the next update for things that I am waiting on. I am going away to New Zealand all next week working so hopefully the new release will be available when I get back.

27. chemael

chemael

I uploaded a new version of Tower Defense Perfect Kit (v1.2) to request a review to the asset store team a while ago.
    Here is new play movie.

v1.2 - Updates list
    - add animation function to enemy & unit
    - add dead sound to enemy & unit
    - tower targetting option added
    - 1 enemy with shield & animation was added
    - add 1 game stage
    - add stage select menu
    - stage select items automatically changed by database scene setting
    - tower create circle menu automatically changed by database tower setting
    - replace all graphic resources from cube combination to fbx file
    - detail source code comments added
    - manual updated

More video tutorials for v1.2 will be uploaded to my Youtube Channel soon.
    Check my Youtube channel after new version was published.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  28. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

29. MangeyD

MangeyD

The new video looks interesting... I can't wait to get a hold of the new release and see if the new documentation and the comments in the code make this easier to use and if the animated enemies are what I am hoping for.

How long does it usually take for Unity to review a new version and get it into the store?

Is there anyway we can get a hold of the updated version before it hits the store?

Thnx

30. chemael

chemael

to MangeyD
    - Normally review can take around 5 business days, but in some cases it can take a bit longer.
    (by asset store review team)
    - The unity asset store is the only channel to publish my Asset. so please wait.

31. MangeyD

MangeyD

I am looking forward to the new update and being able to finalise setting this up for my project so hopefully the review doesn't take too much longer!!

Does the new documentation cover customising the radial tower menu and the information popups? I want to add options and graphics specific to my custom towers and I am hoping you cover this in the upcoming update.

I am actually going to want to swap out all of the existing UI graphics for my own so hopefully you have covered customising the UI in general in the new docs.

A couple of questions about the enemy shield... is the shield capability a parameter in the database for the Enemy? It would be good to easily be able to add shielding to any of the enemies as the waves increase or with the occurrence of a Temporal effect... also do Units have the same shield capability?

Thanks

32. chemael

chemael

to MangeyD
    - I add a text about how to add a new tower to radial menu to the document. and also make a video tutorial.
    look at later part of this video, this shows how to add new tower & icon & info text.
    - If you want to change the information dialog of radial menu, edit Canvas/PanelCircleMenu/Band/BuildInfo in Hierachy Panel. and change source code of UICirclePopup.cs
    - The Gui elements used in this game was not so complicated. so i didn't make document about gui (except radial menu) you can refer to the comments in the source code.
    - The shield functions are implemented in BEHealth.cs already. any enemy or unit using BEHealth script can have shield. you can set shield's max value differently per enemy. but proper graphic resources are required. (for example - semi transparent sphere..). see this video. this show how to create a enemy with shield.

Here is link of document & video tutorials for TDPK v1.2

Documents for TDPK v1.2
    link

New video tutorials for TDPK v1.2
    1. Add New Tower
    2. Add New Enemy
    3. Add New Unit
    4. Add New Stage

33. MangeyD

MangeyD

Thanks,

I will check all of this out tomorrow... that should keep me busy while I am waiting for the update.

34. MangeyD

MangeyD

I see V 1.2 is in the store now!!

I am working now but I will download it and look at it tonight.... looking forward to getting this new version setup with my custom assets.

35. chemael

chemael

Tower Defense Perfect Kit v1.2 is now available!
    Check Asset Store!

Video tutorials for v1.2 is also ready.
    Check Youtube channel!

36. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Impressive! Thank you chemael

37. MangeyD

MangeyD

My first look at the new demo scenes looked good and it was great that there is a real structure for moving between levels. I haven't looked at the code yet or tried to integrate this with the project I am working on.... not sure the best way to do that at the moment but the weekend is here now so hopefully I will get some good time to set things up in the new version and test out things like animated enemies and units.

Thx for the update

38. Mark_T

Mark_T

In your demo, the towers and the creeps are spawned/moving on a flat plane. Is it possible to have the movement on all 3D axis along the spline? Up and down on a 3D terrain mesh (hills, valleys, up&down roads or, even flying). Thanks!

39. chemael

chemael

to Devision4
    You're welcome!

to MangeyD
    Thank you for writing your impression about the update!

to Mark_T
    Yes. the path's control point can has different height. look at this video.

If you see path's mesh looks abnormally when you change height of path's control points,
    just delete below codes in BEPath.cs.

//Lines are not coplanar. Take into account rounding errors.
    if((planarFactor >= 0.00001f) || (planarFactor <= -0.00001f))
    return false;

40. Andrew-Brett-Watson

Andrew-Brett-Watson

HI. I'm really enjoying your kit! I have a couple of issues. I am using v 1.2.

I have noticed a bug. It seams the towers do damage not just when they hit an enemy, but also when the tower shoots (i.e. when the bullet spawns). So effectively every shot deals double damage.

Also, I can't see where to set the radius of the area damage (for the rocket), can you tell me?

Also, a suggestion, can you please add a delay for when the different elements spawn. Currently there is a Gen period, but that delays when each enemy spawns, I thing it would be more useful to set when a delay before the element spawn starts.

Keep up the great work, I am enjoying building a game with this!

41. Andrew-Brett-Watson

Andrew-Brett-Watson

<solved>
    Also what is the proper procedure to updating the database when you change a prefab?

I want to change and healthbar size, but if I just change the prefab the game stays the same.

EDIT>>> I changed the size of the health bar by clicking the prefab and then the heath object, then I changed the "Rect Transform" to a smaller size.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  42. chemael

chemael

to Andrew Brett Watson

Tower deals double damage
    - I'm sorry. it's a bug. thank you for the information.
    Tower deals damage to enemy at fire time only if Tower's bullet type is laser.
    to fix this, delete line 144 and 145 in BEWeapon.cs

Set the radius of the area damage
    - You must set Bullet prefab's BEBullet script values.
    1. Check Broad Attack Enabled.
    2. Set Value to Broad Attack Range.

Suggestion - Delay for when the different elements spawn
    - I agree to you. i will add option about delay by next update.
    If you want to add this feature immediately, change source code at BESpawn.cs.
    1. Add variable to class WaveTurnItem like this.
    public BEPath path;
    public float DelayBetweenEnemy = 2.0f; // Delay for when the different elements spawn
    2. Add code to Update() in class WaveTurnItem like this.
    // set enemy creation idx to next enemy
    GenOffset++;
    GenDelay = DelayBetweenEnemy;

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  43. AndyMul

AndyMul

Hi,

Any timeline on when the next update is going to be?

44. AndyMul

AndyMul

Can you add a feature where we can set the enemy behavior?

For example:
    - go near a tower and self destruct
    - fire missile towards a building and destroy it
    - avoid rockets being fired at them

45. chemael

chemael

to AndyMul
    Hi~
    The next update of 'Tower Defense Perfect Kit' will be around the end of december.
    I did't fixed what features will be added yet, but at the end of this month, i will post a detail update list to this forum.

About questions
    - Enemy with ability to attack tower is considered. (self destruction is not considered)
    - Building is not attackable stuff. enemy can attack only unit (or tower)
    - Enemy avoid tower's attack is not considered.
    I think that your questions are more appropriate to strategy game then tower defense game.

46. AndyMul

AndyMul

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.

About the questions, I am okay that at least you will implement some of them.

If you know the game Defenders Quest, having some of that game features inside your asset will be cool.

Can I ask a question about upgrading a tower? I have added two new towers, checked all the settings, and assigned them as lvl 1 and lvl 2 for their new type.

I faced two problems:
    When the second wave of enemy comes, the lvl 1 tower stopped firing.
    When I upgrade the tower to lvl 2, it will never fire anything. It will only rotate.

47. chemael

chemael

to AndyMul
    I'll try play that game later.

About the question, please check list below
    - Enemy's tag & layer name must be the same to the Tower's Weapon's name.
    - Enemy must have collider.
    - Enemy must have proper mov type to Weapon's Attackable.
    - Weapon must have proper bullet.

This video may help you

48. AndyMul

AndyMul

Hi chemael,

Thanks for your reply.

I have actually followed everything according to your video.
    The enemies in my scene are exactly the ones you provided in your asset. I did not add any new enemy.

I am using bulletLaser2 for my new tower.

49. chemael

chemael

to AndyMul
    Did you checked BEWeapon's Bullet Infinite field of the new tower?

50. AndyMul

AndyMul

Yes, it is checked.