Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] TongueTwister - Localization Management

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by austephner, Dec 23, 2020.

1. austephner

austephner

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my first asset release. This is TongueTwister, a localization management tool. You can organize your "display keys" and "localizations" all within the same editor window along with locales you define.

There's tons of editor features despite having such a simple and basic in-game effect, so if you're curious stick around to read more below. And if you're not a programmer - not to worry! TongueTwister can be used code-free.

Main Features
    • Manage localizations through a tree-view grouping structure
    • Change locales real time to see labels update their localization
    • Load external translations from file during runtime ("mod support")
      • Allows your userbase to create localizations for locales/languages not originally supported
      • "Pirate Locale" anyone?
    • CSV Translation Import
      • 4 Possible Formats
      • Easy to use step-by-step importer with error logging
    • C# Tool, Importers, and Validation System
      • Write custom C# tools, importers, and validation rules
      • All content automatically detected via Reflection
      • TT comes with several tools and importers by default
      • Validation rules help maintain a clean/stable project
    • Extendible API fully included with examples, documentation, and tutorials
    • Please note, TT does not automatically translate your content (yet), you must provide translations.

Gallery
    View of one of the editor panels:

Example menu being localized with the "locale dropdown" prefab (included in the asset examples).

My boring self doing a quick setup demo:

Links

Asset Store
    Website
    Documentation
    Discord
    Trello

About

Years ago, I needed a way to speed up localizing the projects I was working on. So I humbly started on an editor solution to help manage locales and localizations. With that said, I've been working on this project for over three years on and off. This past year I found a friend in the current owner of Curvy and he convinced me to finish my work, providing me with great advice along the way. I owe a lot of thanks to him.

I'll admit I was very nervous about posting because I had seen others on Reddit sharing their assets which held the same functionality as mine (albeit no where near as "feature rich"). If anything it drove me to do better and work harder. So here I am!

Final Remarks

The project is currently developed and maintained by a single developer, so have patience with support response times. Either way, I'm interested in hearing all constructive criticism and feedback to help better the product.

Also, please feel free to join the Discord if you'd like to talk or communicate with me (or any other customers).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020