Search Unity

[RELEASED] Third Person Shooter Bundle

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Viniterra, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

A multiplayer version using the official Unity Multiplayer solution is being considered in the future.

I had very little contact with Photon and none with Mirror, so unfortunately I cannot provide you with a feedback upon integration difficulty.

2. Soulature

Soulature

Hello, just picked up your asset on the unity sale.
    Since there is no discord for your development, I am wondering if I have missed the melee and throwables enhancements. Such as grenades, bat, etc…

Are you still actively developing with this asset on extending the functionality? Just curious since I see early posts requests but without any additional implementations of such from the initial release.

thanks!

3. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hello, the package is being frequently updated regarding bug fixes.

About your suggestions, all of them are being considered as extensions. Even the melee, which is not part of a shooter, is on the roadmap as a new module.

4. simdo01

simdo01

Question, In looking at the interactive weapon script, it looks like you create another pickup weapon of the same type to reload bullets (ammunition)? True? Doesn't look like you can create just a bullet item to pickup, at least that's they way i see it. Anyone done this already?

thx

dj

5. Viniterra

Viniterra

Usually in shooter games, when you pick the same weapon you have in the level, it reloads the bulltets for it in you inventory.

6. simdo01

simdo01

thanks, but I meant having a pickup item that is just bullets (ammunition) to reload.

7. jeijei666

jeijei666

upload_2022-2-20_11-58-56.png

Hey hey, can someone explain why this happens when I create a fresh project and this stuff pops up right as I import the tps bundle package? I am noob.

8. jeijei666

jeijei666

Just a quick update, it seems to not matter in Unity 2021. So if anyone has a similar issue, I recommend trying another install.

9. Viniterra

Viniterra

This is really strange, as none of the scripts mentioned in the errors are part of the TPS bundle package.

OBS.: The TPS bundle uses the Unity post process package as a dependency for the demo scene. If this issue is somewhat related to package manager dependencies, you can try to import the package without installing it, and then manually install the Unity post processing package.

10. Geraltn

Geraltn

Question,how to change the crouch speed,I find nothing in the scripts

11. lem2802

lem2802

each time my enemy goes back to the PatrolState, it keeps flickering, any clue why?

12. Viniterra

Viniterra

There is no crouch in this system.

13. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hello, I need some more information about the reported issue. Please fill out the form in the link above for support:

Support

14. Logen563

Logen563

Hello!
    Thanks for the this great asset. I have some problem:
    1. how can I change to invers mouse look?
    2. If I create a weapon I got error:
    • NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      InteractiveWeapon.Awake () (at Assets/TPS Bundle/Cover+Shoot/Scripts/LevelScripts/InteractiveWeapon.cs:52)
    I followed this tutorial:

Using Unity 2020.
    Thanks for the replay!

Zoltán

15. Viniterra

Viniterra

Thanks for the feedback.

1) Under the camera script, switch the signal of the Vertical Aiming Speed (original is 5, so change it to -5).

2) Please fill out the form in the link above for support:

Support

16. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

@Viniterra, Howdy!

I'm working with the AI (from the Third Person Shooter Bundle) and I'm wondering if there is a way that I can control which layers and tags are used by the AI instead of using the default setup. The default setup unfortunately collides with my current setup. I can change the code if necessary, but I would appreciate a list of the used tags and layers so I can make the changes myself.

Alternatively, you could change the asset so that the layers and tags are configurable like some of the other AI authors have done. That would be awesome.

17. Viniterra

Viniterra

The scripts you are looking for are:

TPS Bundle/EnemyAI/Editor/SetupProject.cs
    TPS Bundle/EnemyAI/Editor/SetupTagLayer.cs

And the tag manager that is applied is at:

TPS Bundle/EnemyAI/Setup/TagManager

18. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Thank you. I've managed to setup the AI and work through it. I had to modify a few things to get it working with NeoFPS, which is what I'm using for my FPS shooter.

All I have let to setup is how to handle damage from explosions (grenades etc), but I'm very close. Then I'll be putting some of my character models into the game. Here's a prototype of me getting roasted because I'm a terrible shot.

Viniterra likes this.
  19. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Explosives are working well now. I'm going to add a few more weapon types and see if I can create a melee enemy that works with the framework.

20. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hello, a good improvement would be to configure the alert manager. That way, all the enemies in the vicinity can be alerted after a player shot, instead of keep patrolling like nothing is happening nearby. Take a look at the video tutorial sections for that specific one.

21. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Yes, I figured that out, thank you. I have a new wander patrol system I created that can be used as an option now that selects points on the navmesh so that waypoints don't have to always be setup. I had to make a bunch of changes to allow for a pooled spawning system and to allow for the AI target to be picked up after the player spawns.

22. Sapusun

Sapusun

Is there a way to replace reload animations with other ones? I'm pretty new to this stuff.

23. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Yeah you can change out the animations by editing the animator controller and locating the reloading state and changing the animation for the state there. You should spend some time learning about animator controllers and animations.

Viniterra likes this.
  24. Viniterra

Viniterra

The answer above covers it all. Look for video tutorials about Unity's Mecanim Animation System.

25. bernienepper

bernienepper

shadow was free - easy to use drop prefab into scene and all was good
    bought your bundle - no prefabs - demos work - I am a beginner - - what am I missing ? ?
    watching your you tube videos

26. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hello bernienepper,

The standard asset contains a packaged prefab because it has no interaction with other entities in the environment, making it ready to use by just dropping on the scene.

For the shooter it cannot be achieved in the same way, due to some mandatory steps in setup, like setting each in game entity target (both player and bots), layers and tags configuration, etc.

The tutorials cover it step by step, no scripting is needed in this case. If you still have some other issues, you can always reach me through the support form.

27. unity_pto4MVAi3rS86Q

unity_pto4MVAi3rS86Q

视频已经死了,我需要视频,你能重新开始吗?

28. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

@Viniterra , regarding the Enemy AI, I've run into one issue that I'm trying to workaround. If a player gets too close to an AI, the muzzle location can actually be inside the collider of my player. Therefore, the enemy will shoot, but it won't damage the player. Reducing the size of my collider on my player is not an option.

I would love to have the enemy back up when it's too close. What are your thoughts?

29. Viniterra

Viniterra

You can create a conditional adaptation to the cast solution where it will hit the player regardless the colliding test, in case the player is within a predefined threshold length.

Another alternative would be to create an extra FSM state, triggered by this same proximity length, where the enemy can strike the player and bounce him back, causing a certain damage.

ScourgeGames likes this.
  30. Viniterra

Viniterra

the link was fixed

31. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

This is actually a great idea. If the enemy "can shoot" and the is within x distance, just hit the player without the collision.

I thought about this too. There is a need for melee, but I've not had time to spend on that. This could be another alternative.

Thanks for your opinions.

32. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Here's a bit more tweaking of my FPS game that I'll be releasing for free up on itch.io. I have more enemies rigged and some secrets I don't want to share on YT to keep the surprises.

Viniterra and Toolel like this.
  33. CloudShai

CloudShai

right, but is there a way to make the two work together? they seem to directly conflict on import.. and are both heavily script specific and dependent..

Toolel likes this.
  34. Viniterra

Viniterra

They are not complementary packages. Do not import both on the same package, it is not supported.

The tutorial shows that by importing only the assets related to the VirtualInput context (scripts, hud buttons, analogs, prefabs, etc), any project that uses Unity's classic Input calls can be replaced by calls for this class.

35. SirDJCat

SirDJCat

Hey, is there a published roadmap or any info on upcoming updates?

36. r01010010

r01010010

I just purchased the bundle. Following this tutorial
    , but aiming is not working. The arms are not lifting or changing the position. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe the tutorial is not complete. Everything else seems fine.

My Unity is 2021.3.10f1 for Mac

37. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hi, at the moment the updates are related to bugfixes.

38. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hi, I've sent you a direct message, please check your inbox.

39. mk1200

mk1200

Hello, I was seeking assistance for this package. I followed the character set up tutorial all the way to the finish, but I am getting an error I cannot get rid of. After writing the custom code on the healthmanager.cs script for the target game object on the scene, three console errors appear. I made the requested changes to the HealthManager.CS script as noted below.

// This is the mandatory function that receives damage from shots.
    // You may remove the 'virtual' keyword before coding the content.
    public void TakeDamage(Vector3 location, Vector3 direction, float damage, Collider bodyPart=null, GameObject origin=null)
    {
    this.GetComponent<Rigidbody>().AddForce(direction * 5f, ForceMode.Impulse);
    }

included is a picture

I think i did this right, but im not sure. Any help would be appreciated!

Mike

Attached Files:

40. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hi,

The HealthManager is an abstract class, where all custom health scripts inherits from (player, enemys, training targets etc.). This specific part of the first video tutorial is outdated, it needs to be updated to match the most recent package version in fact.

Basically, you must not modify this script, but instead you have to create a custom script, inheriting from it, that implements the Take Damage() function. This fix is explaned in the second video tutorial, enemy setup (jump to the HealthManager fix section):

youtube.com/watch?v=3Iv0K6d-iAI&t=1020s

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  41. SirDJCat

SirDJCat

Anyone know how to do melee enemies?

42. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hey, take a look at the next post, it believe it might help you.

43. Viniterra

Viniterra

New Tutorial Video: Mastering Enemy AI: Building Custom FSMs for NPCs

Hello everyone,

We've just released a new video tutorial on creating custom Finite State Machines (FSMs) for hostage NPCs using our Enemy AI module of the Third Person Shooter Bundle. If you're interested in enhancing your game's AI, this video might be helpful.

What You'll Learn:

• Building a custom FSM for a hostage NPC
    • Creating states and transitions
    • Implementing actions to enhance your game's AI
    • Practical examples and demonstrations

Watch the Video:

Feel free to watch and share your thoughts or questions in the comments.

Happy learning!

ScourgeGames likes this.
  44. bbgames100

bbgames100

I just purchased this package, and did an import. Since it's a complete project, I opted to switch to a fresh project to test the asset.

I'm getting compiler errors, and the project is unable to start. Basically a bunch of missing / invalid references. I'm using Current LTS version of Unity 2022.3.8F1

And again, this is inside a brand new fresh project.

What are the correct references for these namespaces now? Will an update fix this?

upload_2023-9-6_17-32-23.png

45. bbgames100

bbgames100

OK so I actually created a brand new 3d URP project from scratch and then imported and this works fine.

Apparently when Unity asks during import if you want a "fresh" project instead of overwriting, if you click yes something breaks in this package. Presumably Unity creates a project with literally nothing in it and relies on the package to define dependencies (this showed as "none" for me). Either its an error / bug in unity or something is not perfectly setup in this package.

However, if you just create a brand new empty project FIRST and then import into the fresh project it resolves the compiler errors.

Is this still the correct guide for safely importing this product into an existing project?

(391) Getting started with your Third Person Shooter Game - YouTube

46. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hi, thanks for reporting it. I'll reproduce the steps with the latest 2022 LTS version, checking for inconsistencies, and return to you as soon as possible.

47. Viniterra

Viniterra

Yes, this is the tutorial for the Cover + Shooting package, the third person player controller module of the bundle. It shows how to import only the essential assets and use it with the existing models, textures materials etc of your project.

For the Enemy AI part, you may follow the next part of the tutorial:

Getting started with your Shooter Game - Enemy NPCs

48. Viniterra

Viniterra

I just imported the package in the latest 2022 LTS (2022.3.9f1), in an empty project. I selected the "install dependencies" option also, and it worked correctly, with no errors shown.

Make sure you have updated the package to the latest version (use the Update button in the package manager). As it can be a corrupted package import, you can also try to use the Re-Download option.

49. MatCGI

MatCGI

hi, i build my game but i cant pick up the weapons, why?
    the enemies work fine, they shoot me but i cant pick up the weapons

50. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hello, I believe you already found the solution, as you answered via support, right?

For anyone in a similar situation, make sure you don't have 2 audio listeners on the scene.