A Unity ID allows you to buy and/or subscribe to Unity products and services, shop in the Asset Store and participate
in the Unity community.
Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by antoripa, Jan 2, 2018.
I did not know about other "Terra xxxxx" assets .. LOL
I will test it
Well there is also another one, I guess coders miss the needed fantasy to name their productions
1- Assets/EarthShaping/TerraPainter/Core/Scripts/Editor/Integrations/TerraPainter_Editor_VS_Integrations.cs(21,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `esInspectorUI' could not be found. Are you missing `com.earthshaping.framework.InspectorHelper' using directive?
2- Assets/EarthShaping/TerraPainter/Core/Scripts/Editor/Integrations/TerraPainter_Editor_VS_Integrations.cs(25,7): error CS0103: The name `EditorGUILayout' does not exist in the current context
3- Assets/EarthShaping/TerraPainter/Core/Scripts/Editor/Integrations/TerraPainter_Editor_VS_Integrations.cs(29,58): error CS0103: The name `EditorGUILayout' does not exist in the current context
Yes, we already fixed and sent a new package to asset store for review. That is a missing using with Vegetation Studio integration class
You can download the fix from our website , or join our discord channel
Great asset! If you are collecting wish list items, having masks retain their names instead of Mask 1, Mask 2... I'm looking forward to more features. Thanks.
New release is pending for asset store team review and already live for existing customer on www.earthshaping.com
Only few hours to get TerraPainter 75% Off.
Price will raise to USD 18
sure .. we are still collecting input for new features.
Currently we are adding core features already planned .. and tested during Sentieri first beta round
This has actually become more important as my project grows.
I'm having an issue with texture strength / weight. A texture doesn't cover the one below it, even at a weight of 5. Is there an opacity setting somewhere that i'm missing? The images are of the texture on the slope at 1 and 5, texture and colored. I would expect the colored setting would look like a splatmap, not blended. How can I fix this? Thanks.
I will prepare a sample to explain you the approach. easier show than explain
I just realized there was an upgrade, that fixed it. I did erase my existing Profile inadvertently during the upgrade and created a new one from the terrain I had been working on. So that could have been the fix? I would like to see your solution anyway. Thank you.
Edit: Actually, never mind that. I reverted back to opacity problem after some time. Please advise, thank you.
just to mention that upgrade will not change the profile. In case that will be required I will add a migration option.
But currently I don't see any reason for change
Well, I deleted the Framework v1.0 and TerraPainter folders before updating. It was in one of the folders. Easy to fix though.
What do you think your time frame is for providing a fix/work around to the texture issue? It seems to work in Advanced, but something is going on with the masks and weights.
Has this been addressed in your recent update?
Just bought the asset and having some issues.
1. The generation is extremely laggy. I do have a terrain consisting out of 16 tiles, but still, it is kind of frustrating.
I thought that your solution would take advantage of the GPU and in the videos, you can see a checkbox for that. The checkbox is missing in my version. Am I missing something or is it just too much to ask if I use it with 16 terrains at once?
2. I wanted to "sprinkle" an area with a grass texture on it with a texture of stones. I assigned a new layer and added a noise generator. The results are large areas with stones and in between the grass areas. So I increased the scale of the noise generator up to 5000. That makes the stone areas a bit smaller but it is still far from what I was going to achieve. Any idea how this could be done?
3. After issue 2 failed I tried to texture my cliffs. I assigned a new layer, activated the Show Hight/Slope gizmo and configured it. After generation parts of the terrain that had been completely green in the gizmo view still miss the cliff texture. Other parts were overridden by a lower rank texture I assigned for mild slopes. The gizmo shows a completely white color for this texture at the overridden parts of the terrain. It appears to be almost random, but there definitively is no noise generator set up for this textures.
4. The textures do blend at their seams. Is there an option to reduce/increase the range of the blending? Is there an option to apply noise to the seams to make it look less generic? This would be very important in my opinion.
5. The textures at the seams of the terrains don't match up. This leaves you with clearly visible lines between them. I also have parts where the noise texture I wanted to use for stones (issue 2) abruptly ends when another terrain begins.
These are just issues I noticed in the 5 minutes since I bought the asset. Since it was so cheap and titled as beta I am not angry or something, but I must say that I am a bit disappointed, since I really need a good solution to paint my terrain without all the stuff assets like MapMagic put on top of it. I really hope that I am missing something?
PS: I also tried the preset profiles but they still give kind of random results. Some cliffs are painted as cliffs where others are green grass. Here is a screenshot:
Okay, issue 2 and 3 were solvable. The problem was, that I created the terrain with another asset. I exported the RAW map, imported it into a fresh terrain and it works.
Still, the blending between textures is very rough and that's the reason why I won't be using this asset, since I need a solution now. Good luck with it though!
Is this working for infinite generated terrains to ? In my case thats Map Magic) And ist is possible to paint underwater level with more than 1 texture- like coral,cliff texture,... ?
Small story about EarthShaping projects.
TERRAPAINTER project started in May 2017.
We had a fist small group of about 7 beta tester users in August 2017.
At that time TERRAPAINTER had a feature with the name "AREA" Idea was to design in a rapid way an AREA on the landscape and assign a TerraPainter Profile.
Project was put on hold as Cascade project started in September 2017 fro the idea to pull out river and lakes from SENTIERI and so the idea of an entire suite born ; EARTHSHAPING SUITE.
After Cascade achieved the maturity, TERRAPAINTER was finalized and release in current version but AREA now is called BIOMES.
That's older idea in landscape design and somehow implemented in a lot of professional tools used in AAA Gaming world.
We, EarthShaping, are just bringing advanced features in robust and cheap Unity Asset to make avaible them to all.
Hope community is appreciating EarthShaping team effort.
ready for next update :
1) Fixed issues regarding extra-calling for the GPU code. Now it is also faster
2) Added new tool to create organic biomes area.
3) Added Road Painter ( powered by Sentieri )
Release is planned in the next week.
Experimenting new procedural texturing approach
Does this only work on terrains? Or can i use this for regular meshes?
Any update nearby?what about the manual painter?
How are people finding this? Apparently a lot of people are talking about it being buggy?
Is the development of this asset still active?
Yes. It is. Still in beta, but new release is planned at end of month
You can join EarthShaping discord channel and follow the progress.