Search Unity

[RELEASED] TerraLand 3 - Streaming Huge Real-World & Custom Terrains For Open-World Environments

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TerraUnity, May 20, 2018.

1. Quast

Quast

Congratulation. I see a unique tool for terrain building. Great work.

TerraUnity likes this.
  2. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Quast Thank you so much. It's been around 2 years of a teamwork only to bring TerraWorld up.

Quast likes this.
  3. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

The upgrade path on our website is setup now and working as it should. So if you already bought TerraLand from our website, you can get TerraWorld package with 30% discount for $49 as you would on AssetStore too.

TerraUnity customers can upgrade with 30% discount from here: http://terraunity.com/product/terraworld/

4. Bingobuzzard

Bingobuzzard

I have a custom data elevation set of the entire world. I've seen how to make an offline server with custom data, but it's max size(1000 x 1000) is too limited for my needs. What I need to do is what the online streaming demo does, but offline with my data. How do I get past this size limitation.

I can write scripts to manually cut up the data into tiles in qgis, but I would like to know how to take those tiles and make them into a server of the whole world. I see in the "Info" folder on an offline server has several files such as the GlobalHeight.tif, which only encompasses a small area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Not that it matters, but I don't need any textures, just the heightmaps in my database.

Thanks,

5. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

The 1000km x 1000km limitation of area size in Downloader is when you want to use the Downloader plugin to create a cached server for you but if you already have your own data tiles, there is no limit in area size. The following information will get you started for your own custom server setup:

TL's streaming only supports .raw for eleiovation and jpg for satellite images, so first you have to convert them to the supported format, slice them into tiles and put it in a cached server with supported structure...

In "TerraLand Terrain" component there are processors which take heightmaps (also in .asc) format and convert to raw, also you can slice both elevation and imagery data to the desired grid size, so most of these actions are already built-in through these processors.

The following two posts describe the structure of the servers in TerraLand to start making your own:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...world-environments.532304/page-6#post-4256392

https://forum.unity.com/threads/ter...eal-world-gis-data.377858/page-8#post-3388627

unityunity