Search Unity

[RELEASED] Terrain Stitcher

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Aug 12, 2015.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi.

We made new tools for unity. This will be helpfull during work with multiple terrains. Here pack of informations about Terrain sitcher

Terrain Stitcher
    big1.jpg

With Terrain Stitcher/Stapler you can blend/stitch neighbour terrains using advanced or simple mathematical function. If you get hole at terrains border, during your work process you can easily blend it and remove. You can chose blend rage and mathematics function power. System contains blended LOD system for neighbour terrains, which remove LOD differences between terrain LODs.

Using Terrain Stitcher you can blend selected in hierarchy window terrains, or every terrain that exist in your current scene, simply in one click. Pack also contains free open source matrix operations and algorithms library.

Terrain scaler - it's a script that will give you ability to rescale your terrain height without losing height data.

The pack contains:
    - Terrain Stitch system
    - Terrain Scaler
    - Smooth terrain LOD's on borders script
    - Free Open source matrix operation library
    - Tutorial script
    - Undo after ctl +z
    - Manual

Asset Store Link.

Here are some pictures of the available options:

screen1op.jpg screen2op.jpg

Visit us:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Our website - naturemanufacture.com

You could also look at our other packs:

Unity Tools:
    River Auto Material
    - create fabalous river in few seconds, (ground textures included)
    World Streamer - optimise your game, stream data and remove memory, cpu, gpu usage, create endless looped world. Reduce loading times.
    Terrain Stitcher Tools - connect multiple terrains, remove holes in 1 button click. Options will help you to handle any shape connections. Easy and fast border stitching.
    Multiple Terrain Brush - work at multiple terrains as they become one, without any borders and holes

Terrain Shading:
    CTS terrain shader - AAA terrain render and textures made with Adam Goodrich, 1 pass (less drawcalls then unity terrain), snow,water auto cover. Totaly easy in use.

Environment:
    Ice World
    - ice shaders for water and models with huge ice textures library
    PBR Graveyard Pack - really huge library of PBR cemetery sculpted and scanned models with foliage. You will find monastery, interiors, graveyards, nature, walls
    Advanced Rock Pack - auto-covered rocks which you could easly blend with unity terrain. Big library of HQ ground textures included.
    Advanced Foliage Pack - huge library of foliage (grass, roots, trunks) with ground textures. Vegetation studio supported.
    Photo Scanned Park Assets - photoscanned and optimised park models like fountains, statues, bench, laterns, stairs and fences. Best LOD's in the planet :D
    Dynamic Nature Starter - library of rocks, trees ground textures and shaders which could be autcovered by snow at runtime.
    Mountain Tree Pack - Dynamic Nature - HQ optimised tree pack. Cheap in render and gives fabalous render result.
    Realistic Grass Pack - pretty old grass (billboard) texture library
    Mountain Tree Pack - group of mountain trees, optimised and cheap in render.

Ground Textures:
    Winter Ground Pack
    - library of winter ground textures like rocks, snow, paths , grass etc
    Landscape Ground Pack - big library of ground/forest textures
    Landscape Ground Pack 2- big library of ground textures

VR & FP Models:
    VR Hands FP Arms
    - pack of hands and arms models with fabalous skin shader. Mobile and standalone versions.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. gibmation

gibmation

Hi -
    I just need to close gaps in the seams between 4 terrains.

I believe this tool will do this.

But will my terrains remain as 4 objects or will this tool merge into one?

I would like to keep as 4 separate terrains.

Thanks

G.

3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Terrain stitcher will close your holes between terrains. It will keep your terrains in parts. We only changing heightmaps at your terrain objects.

4. gibmation

gibmation

Thanks will give it a try.
    Rgd
    G.

5. gibmation

gibmation

Works brilliantly.
    Thanks again.
    G.

6. br20o0ly

br20o0ly

can i do it even if terrain{width, length, height } is different

if you have any video tutorial about it put it please

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes but every terrain at the scene should have the same values.

8. Azthetik

Azthetik

I cant seem to paint any textures on the terrains that I stitch together, even after deleting the asset from my computer. Not sure whats going on or how to fix it.

9. Azthetik

Azthetik

Now it is actually acting like Im using the Paint Hight tool

10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi.
    About what tool you talking about? Terrain stitcher is tool that will stitch only heightmap for you.

11. DarkXess

DarkXess

Can I ask, is this basically for doing the same as your other asset "Multiple Terrain Brush" or that is just more advanced?

:)

12. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hmmm ok so:
    With multiterrain brush you could paint splat, height map, blend borders, and work at all terrains like at one.
    Terrain Stitcher is advanced tool only to repair, stitch borders (heightmap). In Stitcher you have few functions, that could repair, stitch in different ways. Also you could stitch all borders after one button click or only few that are selected. For initial or short work stitcher is very usefull, it finish borders in all or selected terrains and with multiterrain brush you could work on terrains like on one terrain. Multiterrain brush have only brushes so it will take a while, until you will blend all borders manualy by brush.

So Terrain Stitcher and Multiterrain Brush are quite different tools.

DarkXess likes this.
  13. DarkXess

DarkXess

Thanks for the reply and now understand more of the both - will now decide which to purchase hehe :)

14. ludo6577

ludo6577

Hello,

Thank you for your asset, works great except this little issue.

When i use Terrain Sticher the first time it works well (image 1 before and image 2 after stitching), but then when i started my game in Unity and stopped it i saw this gap between my two terrains (see image 3):

Any idea where it come from?

Attached Files:

15. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi.
    This is not a bug. You have many terrains and each terrain have own LOD system. We made a script to fix that. It called "terrain neighbours". Simply add it to the scene to any object, Don't destroy it during gameplay.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  16. txarly

txarly

hi,
    First of all, excellent tool, and i have a question.
    Does or can the terrain neighbours script load and unload(culling) dinamically the tiles (terrains) as the player(camara) walks or run so the project runs smoothly?if not, any idea or help how to do it with the script you provide?thank you very much

17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi
    If you want to load/unload terrains, models , particles and everything that you can save at the scene, even lightmaps you could use our World Streamer. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/36486

18. ludo6577

ludo6577

Thank you very much ! Works well now !
    Thanks for your asset !
    We had a script that setted the neighbors too but seems like the flush in your script solved the problem !

NatureManufacture likes this.
  19. sowatnow

sowatnow

Hi there,

Will this work with multiple terrains that has it's own splatmaps/textures/materials and different sizes?

Cheers

20. antoripa

antoripa

Hey ... just bought ( Unity 5.4.1f)
    But when I try ( all or selected terrain ) I get :

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    TerrainStitch.TerrainStitchEditor.StitchTerrains (UnityEngine.Terrain terrain, UnityEngine.Terrain second, Side side, Boolean smooth) (at Assets/Terrain Stitch/Terrain Stitch Scripts/Editor/TerrainStitchEditor.cs:675)
    TerrainStitch.TerrainStitchEditor.StitchTerrain (Boolean selected) (at Assets/Terrain Stitch/Terrain Stitch Scripts/Editor/TerrainStitchEditor.cs:279)
    TerrainStitch.TerrainStitchEditor.OnGUI () (at Assets/Terrain Stitch/Terrain Stitch Scripts/Editor/TerrainStitchEditor.cs:106)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

21. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes, but terrains must be the same size. I will check that.

Does terrains have the same size? resolution?

22. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

If you still have a problem please contact with us by skype and we will take a look on that.

antoripa likes this.
  23. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    today I am working on some improvement for AI. I will check again in the next few days .. what is your skype id ?

24. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

antoripa likes this.
  25. Lohrion

Lohrion

Hey,

is there a way to use this asset to modify the terrain only temporarily?

I have a scene that consists of 24 tiles, which are randomly rearranged at playing the scene. When I run the stitching from the editor upon running the scene, the changes are still there when I end Play Mode.

I would want the modified terrain to reset to its previous state.

Best regards

26. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I've give you whole idea by facebook message. Anyway answer for your question is yes:)

27. Lohrion

Lohrion

Thanks again, it worked great! :)

28. jbarbeau

jbarbeau

I just bought Terrain Stitcher and ran it on my rather large World Composer Terrain. I have mis-aligned Terrain tiles that seem to have cropped up for no reason. See the included screen shot. The holes are above the pland and to the right in a rectangle on the Terrain plan.

It seemed to close terrains when I ran it, but when I look closely with an FPS CAM, they come back. Any ideas?

I tried both the "Stitch all terrains" and "Stitch selected Terrains"

Thanks, I gotta fix this,

Jay

Attached Files:

29. jbarbeau

jbarbeau

I just saw this on LOD:

Hi.
    This is not a bug. You have many terrains and each terrain have own LOD system. We made a script to fix that. It called "terrain neighbours". Simply add it to the scene to any object, Don't destroy it during gameplay.

So I just need to read how to implement Terrain Neighbours?

30. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi!
    Simply add this script to any empty game object at the scene. Only once and it will recognize terrains and blend it's lods.

31. voncarp

voncarp

Hi,

Trying to test this on 2 terrains. Getting an error.

Am I missing a step?

32. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Does terrains are the same heightmap resolution?
    Does they fit in xyz? when one is end at xz500 second start at xz500 position etc?

33. voncarp

voncarp

Does terrains are the same heightmap resolution?
    Yes

All I did was duplicate a terrain several times in the prefab so they can be individually modified. Its the same terrain duplicated. But, I can modify them individually.

34. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please send me screens from terrain positions and settings. I will check fast.

35. voncarp

voncarp

Just attempted to run it again. Screenshots included.

36. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You didnt show me terrain settings but if this is a coppy this should be ok anyway. Could you coppy this terrains to empty scene and then stitch them there? Maybe there is something at the scene what could block our script.

AH also look at transform, terrain do not touch... Look at X: -320.5804 and -1320.58 I dont know how at Z but system could see there is no connection between terrains. Your terrain size is probably 1000 so this 04 means that they do not touch eachother.

37. voncarp

voncarp

I exported the terrain and started a blank project as displayed in the following screenshot. You can see the terrain settings and the duplicate terrain I made. Also, just DMed you the terrain.

38. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I will check that in the morning as soon as I get up. Thx for sample!

39. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We reproduced issue. We will fix that asap. I'ts strange....

EDIT:
    Here is the answer: when you stitch, stitching distance is bigger then 1 terrain heightmap size. Your heightmap size is only 33 and basic stitch distance is 100, you have to setup smaller value your own. Set for example avarage lenght to 1-2 or trend lenght to 1-2. It will work. We will add info for such situations.

voncarp likes this.
  40. voncarp

voncarp

Outstanding support. Fixed!

41. Tazling

Tazling

I tried Terrain Stitcher on 2 terrains I had in a test scene. When I tried to stitch them I got a 2-dimensional "wall" sticking up into the scene.

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.19.19 PM.png

I am new to the tool so may be doing something silly. I tried "stitch all terrains" since there were only 2 of them. They overlap slightly at the border as you can see -- is this wrong?

42. Tazling

Tazling

Another picture of the other part of the "wall" to the right of the first one...

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.21.08 PM.png

43. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Does terrains are at the same height ? (objects)

44. ForgedChaos

ForgedChaos

Does this work on meshes being used for terrain or Unity Terrain only?

45. blitzvb

blitzvb

Does blend/stitch work in game ?

46. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yeah but it could lag a bit. Depends from amount of changes etc

Only unity terrain

Sorry for long respond I have huge amount of threads and unity sometimes do not show me info about new message.

blitzvb likes this.
  47. blitzvb

blitzvb

Do you blend heightmap and splatmap or you do differently ?

It’s for use with CTS ;)

48. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Only heightmap:)

49. niallmc

niallmc

Hi, can you provide some reference on calling the terrain stitcher at runtime from the code?

Example: I would like to call.. TerrainStitch.TerrainStitchEditor.StitchTerrain() from elsewhere in the code. However I cannot call TerrainStitch.TerrainStitchEditor

A code snippet would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  50. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It should work terrain architecture doesn't change at all. You test it on clear project without any errors in console? (compile errors could block editor scripts)

fairchild670 likes this.