Search Unity

[RELEASED] Terrain Blending Starter Kit (freebie)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by essimoon2, Jun 24, 2017.

1. essimoon2

essimoon2

main_widescreen.png

Hello guys! I proudly present my first ever published asset!
    It's a fast and easy shader solution for blending the main terrain texture with the rest of your assets.

Features include:
    - PBR-based
    - automatic height-based blending of your assets with the terrain
    - a "Snow Mode" to add snow/sand/whatever on top of your assets
    - perfect tiling with the customized terrain shader (included)
    - easily customizable with the exposed parameters, and even more with some shader know-how

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/91921

This is completely free on the asset store! It started as a fun proof of concept but I decided to polish it since I felt it's something a lot of people could use. Please tell me what you think. Any inputs, ideas and constructive critics are more than welcome!
    I'll happily continue supporting this asset in the future when I feel it's something the community can use productively.

Thanks and have a great time!

2. neoshaman

neoshaman

Make sure it's compatible with megasplat

3. toto2003

toto2003

wow, thanks you so much for this, i ll make i ll use it on my game and credit you! :)

essimoon2 likes this.
  4. essimoon2

essimoon2

Thanks toto2003, glad you like it! :)
    If you find it worthy to use I'd be happy if you considered rating it in the store so that other people will find it easier.
    I thought about adding small features like adding vertex color support for manually paintable blending in the near future.
    If you have anything up your mind that could be added to the current feature set I'd be happy to hear! :D