Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] TAF's Planet Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MrTobi, Apr 4, 2018.

1. MrTobi

MrTobi

TAF's Planet Creator

TAF's Planet Creator contains Shaders, Textures, Custom Editors and a lot of premade Materials and Prefabs to build the planets of your taste.

>> Get TAF's Planet Creator on the Unity Asset Store <<

Main Features

5 different Shaders for Planets, Rings and Moons
    A user-friendly Planet Creator Editor
    20 ready-to-use Planet Prefabs
    20 premade Materials
    65 premade Textures

Tutorial Video:

5 different Shaders for Planets, Rings and Moons

• an earthlike Planet Shader to create highly customized Planets out of the rgba-channels of the base Texture (red channel for water color, green for land color, blue for ice color and alpha for specularity), a Cloud Texture and a City Lights Texture -> adjust specularity, glossiness and rim light as you like

• a foreign Planet Shader to create highly customized Planets out of rgb-channels of the base Texture (red channel for primary color, green channel for secondary color, blue channel for specularity), a Cloud Texture and a City Light Texture -> adjust specularity, glossiness and rim light as you like

• a Moon Shader to create highly customized Moons out of rgb-channels of the base Texture (red channel for primary color, green channel for secondary color, blue channel for specularity) and a City Light Texture -> adjust specularity, glossiness and rim light as you like

• a simple Planet and Moon Shader where you can use any Texture you want -> alpha channel is used for specularity

• an advanced Ring Shader to create highly customized Planet Rings out of the rgb-channels of the base Texture (red channel for primary color, green channel for secondary color, blue channel for transparency)

• a simple Ring Shader where you can use any Texture you want -> alpha channel is used for transparency

• all Shaders are made with ShaderForge and can be edited

• all Shaders run smoothly on mobile devices

A user-friendly Planet Creator Editor

• just add the script "TAF Planet Creator" to an empty GameObject and you are ready to go!

• use the advantage of all highly customizable Shaders inside the user-friendly Planet Creator Editor and build your custom planet with just a few clicks

• change the look of your Planet with 13 customizable base Textures, 6 Cloud Textures, 12 City Light Textures and 25 premade Textures

• set the Planet size, rotation speed, cloud movement, polycount, specularity, glossiness and rim light

• add a Ring around your Planet with just one click and design it with 10 customizable base Textures or 20 premade Textures

• set the Ring size, angle, rotation speed, emission power and transparency

• add up to 4 Moons for each planet that will orbit around it -> the orbit circle is displayed in the editor while you can set the distance to the Planet, the orbit speed and the orbit angle

• design each Moon with 4 customizable base Textures, 12 City Light Textures and 20 premade Textures

• set the Moon size, angle, rotation speed, polycount, specularity, glossiness and rim light

• select your own custom 3D Models for the Planet, the Ring or the Moons -> that way you can create a space station with space ships flying around in its orbit

20 ready-to-use Planet Prefabs

• just drag & drop the Prefabs into your scene to quickly fill your universe

• all Prefabs are made with the Planet Creator Editor and can be quickly edited to fit your needs

20 premade Materials
    • use the Materials on your own Planet Models and benefit from the premade design

• get inspiration or use them as the base for your own custom Materials

65 premade Textures
    • benefit from the 65 premade Textures (25 Planet Textures, 20 Ring Textures, 20 Moon Textures) and use them inside the simple Shaders

Build the planets of your taste

TAF

Unity Asset Store
    Facebook
    Twitter

2. imaginethepoet

imaginethepoet

Great asset. I'm having trouble in 2018 10f2 compiling out for oculus go.

Shader error in 'TAF's Planet Shader/Ring - Advanced': '' : 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE' already defined at line 34 (on gles)

Shader error in 'TAF's Planet Shader/Ring - Advanced': '' : 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD' already defined at line 109 (on gles)

Any ideas what might be going on?

3. MrTobi

MrTobi

Hi imaginethepoet,

thanks for your purchase and your feedback!

I tried to reproduce the error using Unity 2018.1.0f2, but i didn't show up. I'm not really sure why this error happens, because the shader code uses 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE' and 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD' only once.

Do you use one of the new 2018 render pipelines? This could cause some troubles with the current shaders, because they are designed for the standard renderer. I am still working on a solution for the new render pipelines.

If not, when does the error pop up? Is it for a specific scene or everytime you want to use this shader? Does this error also come up when you use the 'TAF's Planet Shader/Ring - Simple' shader? Because both shaders are using 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE' and 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD' in the same way.

I am sorry for the trouble you have with my asset. I hope we quickly find a solution!

4. imaginethepoet

imaginethepoet

I actually had to open up each of your shaders in the latest shader forge version and save them out. This fixed the issue.