Search Unity

[RELEASED] Super Pivot Modifier ★★★★★

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by techsalad, Nov 10, 2017.

1. techsalad

techsalad

CoverImage_1950x1300_pro.png
    >> Get the PRO version on the Asset Store
    >> Get the FREE version on the Asset Store

Easily and quickly move and rotate the pivot point of GameObjects groups, using convenient Gizmo handlers directly inside Unity Editor.

Why Super Pivot?
    Using empty GameObjects as "folders" is a popular and convenient way to organize your scene hierarchy.
    But since Unity doesn't let you edit the pivot of these empty GameObjects, you will often end up with pivots placed nowhere near where your geometry and GameObjects actually are.

Features:
    - Add a convenient button (optional) under the Transform inspector to let you quickly move the pivot of your GameObjects.
    - Edit pivot visually using Gizmo handlers directly inside the scene view or by typing exact values in edit boxes.
    - [PRO only] Now support local and global rotations!
    - [PRO only] Precisely adjust the pivot according to the (displayed) bounding box using convenient sliders per axis.
    - [PRO only] Handy buttons to instantly adjust the pivot according to the child of your choice, or to the average position.
    - Dynamically edit pivot at runtime from script using our easy-to-use public API (check our sample 'ChangeAtRuntime').
    - [PRO only] Get notifications from the editor API to implement your custom code (check our sample 'EditorCallbackListener.cs').
    - Handles Unity's Undo/Redo shortcuts.
    - [PRO only] Supports multi-object selection and editing: change the pivot of multiple objects at once!
    - Supports Box/Capsule/Sphere Colliders offsets.
    - Grid snapping feature for more precise work.
    - Full source code available / no DLL.
    - Supports from Unity 5.2 to latest 2020 versions.

Screen01_pro.jpg

Screen02_pro.jpg

Limitations:
    - Super Pivot doesn't let you modify the pivot point of a Mesh (because it would modify the Mesh data). Super Pivot's main usage is to move pivots of empty GameObjects used as "folder".

Please rate and add a review in the Asset Store if you like it! Thanks!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  2. techsalad

techsalad

3. techsalad

techsalad

Hi guys,
    We are aware that both the FREE and PRO versions of the plugin have some compilation issues with the latest Unity version 2017.3.0f3.
    The issue has been fixed and a new version of the asset (1.34) has already been submitted to the AssetStore. It should be available in the next days or weeks.
    In the meantime, if you want to have this fix before it's available on the AssetStore, please send me an email at techsaladunity@gmail.com (with your invoice ID in the case of the PRO version).
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

4. techsalad

techsalad

The 1.34 update, featuring the fix for Unity 2017.3, has been released and is now available on the AssetStore for both the FREE and PRO versions.

kobyle likes this.
  5. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

how come when I move the pivot point on some of my objercts the object also moves away from the pivot point at the same time?

6. techsalad

techsalad

Hi,
    Sorry for the issue you encounter. With which version of Unity do you have this problem?
    Could you record a gif/video of the problem so I could be sure to really understand the issue?
    Thanks
    TS

Unlimited_Energy likes this.
  7. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

Unity 2018.2.4f1 I have had this issue on all previous versions of unity also. some objects this happens too and some it does not and it works fine. Some objects move away from the pivot faster than others. It does not matter what direction you move the pivot either, up and down or left to right, the object moves away from the pivot in the same direction.

This is the best pivot tool for simplicity, and when it works its awesome. Just need to get this issue fixed.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  8. techsalad

techsalad

Thank you very much for the video.
    I can see that the issue happens on GameObjects on which you have the "Scale Object" script attached. Does it still happen if you disable or remove this script?
    This script might interfere with the process executed by SuperPivot, specially if it's a "ExecuteInEditMode" script with something done on the transform in the Update function.

9. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

It does this regardless of the script. This script is runtime only. 50% of objects in the scene without any script attached have this issue. I have had this plugin for about 2 years and have never submitted a ticket for it. I re-imported to my scene to use this again and still same issue as when I had unity 5.x.x.

10. techsalad

techsalad

Thanks for the info. It's very weird.
    Do you use another plugin which changes objects position? I know that ProGrids2 might interfere with SuperPivot for example.
    Anyway if you can't use the plugin in your project, send me an email at techsaladunity@gmail.com with your invoice ID, I will grant you a refund.
    Thanks
    TS

11. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

I do not use any other pivot modifying plugins. Don't worry about the refund, This has helped for certain parts of the project. Ive downloaded every pivot tool out there and this works the best when it works. Just a sugestion, maybe add another option to match any other objects pivot. I had issues with trying to create a child of a child game object and match the parent of that childs pivot with childs. Super pivot wants to match the parent highest in the heierarchy. It would be super usefull if you could select object A and set its pivot to what object B's pivot is regardless of hierarchy structure then delete object B automatically after matching.

12. techsalad

techsalad

Thank you very much for the suggestion, I will definitely consider it.
    About your issue, I will have a hard time to figure it out without debugging it. So if you have the time and manage to isolate the issue in a "clean" project, please send me the data so I could reproduce and investigate on my side.
    Thanks again
    TS

13. dariuspowell

dariuspowell

Hi.

I'm looking to move a cloned gameobject's pivot point to its centre during runtime. Is it possible with this asset?

Thanks
    Darius

14. techsalad

techsalad

Hi,
    Yes it is. It’s stated in the product page and there’s a sample scene included:
    Thanks

15. Zyblade

Zyblade

Handy asset you made there =) I'd add an option for independent snapping axes. It's an uncommon use case, but if one need it, can be very useful. Currently, I run a custom script, to snap my objects to a virtual pixel grid, which translates from 3d to 2d. And all 3 axes are different ^-^ (so you know at least 1 use case)

techsalad likes this.
  16. techsalad

techsalad

Hi,
    Thank you for the suggestion, but I am not sure to understand. Would you like to be able to snap to round positions according to an axis which is not aligned to the global grid?
    Thanks

Zyblade likes this.
  17. Zyblade

Zyblade

Hey,
    the behavior I mean is when you can fill in independent values for snapping, for each axis.
    When 'snap position' is checked you can enter not 1, but 3 values.
    Like: 3.125, 0.86425, 0.0625. So now, the object will snap to every

- 3.125th unit on the x axis
    - 0.86425th unit on the y axis
    - 0.0625th unit on the z axis

A non uniform snapping. But I don't know if this feature will be needed for most of the user here.
    Like I said, I have a very special use case and I can extend the most snaping scripts to support 3 axes myself. It's just repeating the snapping for every axis =)

edit: oh, and global grid is absolute fine. If you ask me, snapping should always be absolute. Snapping to a grid relative to an object could be a feature though :D

18. techsalad

techsalad

Hi,
    thanks for the details. Indeed it seems very specific, but I will check since it's probably very easy to implement. I'll let you know.
    Thanks
    TS

19. techsalad

techsalad

I sent you a PM including a new version of the plugin with the feature, please let me know what your think.
    Thanks
    TS

Zyblade likes this.
  20. Zyblade

Zyblade

Thanks again for implementing the feature. If every developer would be that responsive, nice service^^

techsalad likes this.
  21. sharangsharma09

sharangsharma09

Hi,

I am stuck at this. I am trying to manipulate super pivot at runtime using script.

However, the super pivot makes the entire mesh (child gameobject) move along with it. How can I stop that?

Please help!

22. techsalad

techsalad

Hi,
    Thanks for your message. I saw you sent me an email with additional info, we'll talk through this channel.
    Thank you.

23. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

So I was interested in the SuperPivot asset and when I checked it I tried the free one first and it did nothing looks like its not compatible with 2019.3 I imported it and nothing in the inspector view transform section has changed and when I go and do tools > SuperPivot all I get is a empty window.

24. techsalad

techsalad

Hello,
    Thanks for your interest. Yes the Super Pivot plugin supports Unity 2019.3.
    But the interface won't show any button if you have selected a GameObject for which you cannot modify the pivot (my goal is to keep the plugin the less intrusive as possible). Basically it's not possible to change the pivot of a GameObject which has no children because it doesn't make sense: changing the pivot of a GameObject means changing the GameObject transform without modifying its children.

Try to select a GameObject which is part of a more complex hierarchy. A button "Move Pivot" should appear in the inspector just below the Transform.
    Screenshot_1.png

I hope it helps.
    Cheers

25. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

Awesome. Thank you for your time

26. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

Though there is a small problem GameObjects with children works perfectly but Prefabs with children does not work.

27. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

Managed to make it work with the PreFab I needed. Thank you. Since it worked and you helped me out I just bought the pro version since this is actually an awesome asset

techsalad likes this.
  28. techsalad

techsalad

Thanks for the feedback. I will push an update with a message in the dedicated SuperPivot windows when you don't have any GameObject selected to make it more clear.
    Cheers
    TS

SuperMiro likes this.
  29. sameng

sameng

Great asset, nice work!

There is a tiny issue: I noticed that SuperPivot overrides the transform inspector and in 2021 / 2022 the "constrain proportion" feature is made unavailable when superpivot is in the project. Is there any workaround? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 13.29.47.png Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 13.30.54.png

30. techsalad

techsalad

Thank you for reporting the issue.
    I'll see to add this convenient button even when having the custom Transform inspector of the plugin.
    For now, if you really need the "constrained" button, the only workaround is to remove the file TransformCustomInspector.cs: this way you'll have the built-in Transform inspector, so you won't have the convenient "Move pivot" button. You'll still be able to change the pivot using the custom "Tools/SuperPivot" editor window.
    Thanks
    TS

sameng likes this.