Search Unity

[RELEASED] Suburb Neighborhood House Pack (Modular)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Finward-Studios, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

Asset Store Link
    DAYTIME INTERIOR & EXTERIOR Webplayer Demo (230mb)
    NIGHTIME EXTERIOR ONLY Webplayer Demo (230mb)

Hello everyone. Here's a second package submitted to asset store. Been using unity for years and worked on gaming industry a long time time now and started doing asset packs a few months ago. Feel free to give any feedback. Here's a few images. More images and details can be found from asset store or http://finwardstudios.com/suburb.htm

Here's a short preview video:

Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/65890

Twitter: FinwardStudios
    Facebook: FinwardStudios

2. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Very, very nice! I've got a project that's been on the back burner for a while, and this will make a fantastic addition (when I resume work on it).

Finward-Studios likes this.
  3. HarleyW

HarleyW

Looks great tbh :) nice and comprehensive

Finward-Studios likes this.
  4. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

Thanks guys

5. jessica1986

jessica1986

any apk to experience this on a mobile device ??

6. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

I have no idea.

7. jessica1986

jessica1986

no idea as in ?? ,i meant to say , you created this, do you have a demo apk made for android to test the performance ?

8. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

Sorry there's no anrdoid demo available and I haven't tested it on mobile nore have I heard from anybody that they had tested it on mobile.

9. acaroppos

acaroppos

@Finward-Studios Your assets look great. Do the have real-world-scale? Could you release 1-2 plants for free for interested buyers? They look really promising to me, but I would like to get a closer look before I purchase. Thank you.

10. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

Yes they have real-world-scale. Sorry I don't like to publish any plants out of the package. I took a couple screenshots if it helps.

plants.jpg

11. SkyTech6

SkyTech6

How's your interior pack coming?

12. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

It's basically almost ready, I just haven't had time to create a package out of it.

SkyTech6 likes this.
  13. SkyTech6

SkyTech6

@Finward-Studios any chance you would be able to add a more realistic window that could be functionally used in the house pack?

14. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

What excactly do you mean with more realistic window?

15. SkyTech6

SkyTech6

Well most windows are tiered. You have an outer panel that's stationary and an inner panel that can be raised behind the outer panel.

That way they can be opened.

16. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

Yes, I can add a usable window. If you want it immediately please send an email and I'll send it to you (support@finwardstudios.com). I'm planning on doing a package update, but it will take a while before it's live.

SkyTech6 likes this.
  17. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Finally picked up this package yesterday. It's fantastic! Definitely looking forward to seeing what I can build with this.

Two suggestions come to mind after playing around with it for a couple of hours: More exterior wall materials would be great, in order to allow a bit more variety. Also, a basement stairs mesh would be very handy; the regular stairs don't quite look right for a basement. The basement itself is pretty easy to build just using the garage interior materials.

18. SkyTech6

SkyTech6

Thanks a ton! And no rush. I'm currently in the polish phase for my first major (Steam) game release, but the next game I work on will be using your neighborhood pack. So overall I'm quite excited, the window was the only thing that really would have been a roadblock of the asset for me.

++ for awesome support.

19. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

Okay, well I now added windows that can be opened but if it's not what you were looking, just send en email and I'll try to modify it.

SkyTech6, hopeful and TeagansDad like this.
  20. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

I've been thinking about the basement also. I'll try adding it at least to the update I'm currently doing.

IFL and TeagansDad like this.
  21. IFL

IFL

I'm very much looking forward to the release - you've got an instapurchase from me. Also, I want to thank you for the tips you've shared elsewhere about lighting. I struggled for a couple of weeks with Enlighten, and your advice solved all of my issues.

TeagansDad likes this.
  22. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

Okay basement added. Unfortunately some props are not included in the suburb pack but will be in the house furniture pack. Both should be available very soon.

Basement.jpg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    IFL and TeagansDad like this.
  23. IFL

IFL

Are they submitted to the AS or just very close to submission?

24. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

Both have been submitted to asset store and are waiting to be reviewed. Suburb pack update and House Furniture Pack. We'll see how long it takes to be published.

TeagansDad and IFL like this.
  25. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

House Furniture Pack for the Suburb is now available from the asset store: http://u3d.as/Pdy

SkyTech6 and TeagansDad like this.
  26. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

27. IFL

IFL

The furniture pack really is amazing. I picked it up a while back but forgot to post a review or a response to this thread. I wish everything were fully usable for VR, but that's asking a bit much considering how small the VR community currently is. A lot of it is still usable in my project. Anyway, thanks for the high-quality content. That sale price means nothing to me since I own licenses for them already, but I highly suggest that others take advantage of it.

28. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

Thanks a lot. Yeah I think some props might be too polygon heavy for some VR.

29. IFL

IFL

That's true for mobile VR. All PC VR handle your packs quite well though. When I said, "fully usable for VR," it was more about my thoughts on the kitchen just being a facade, but I didn't think to mention that. It's still the best furniture pack that I've purchased, and I have most of them on the asset store.

30. shredingskin

shredingskin

Looking for HDRP assets I found out this asset had an update that never showed to me in the notifications.

Many thanks for the support, great asset.

31. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

I usually only update the version number when I add more content and it only shows notification when the version number is changed.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  32. shredingskin

shredingskin

Is the alley pack also going to be updated to HDRP ?
    It's mostly standard shader, so the unity updater works, but I tried the same with this pack, and the updated mask maps looks different (and better) than the unity generated ones.

33. Finward-Studios

Finward-Studios

Yes I will update all packages to support HDRP. Currently working with Office pack and after that I'll do the alley pack.

shredingskin likes this.