Search Unity

Utilities [RELEASED] Storyteller 2021. Dialogue , Interaction, and more (Unity Awards Nominee)

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by DaiMangou, Apr 17, 2018.

1. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

I think you should offer @MrIconic that discount for pointing this out... or even a free copy

2. MrIconic

MrIconic

Ohh. I never knew they decided on stuff like that. Thanks for the quick reply. I usually coordinate my purchases within sales so I'll keep an eye on this one.

However, I did not know you made PRO Radar Builder. Haven't tried it yet but purchased that a few sales ago but that one seems like a great asset so I'm even more interested now.

Keep up the good work.

DaiMangou likes this.
  3. DaiMangou

DaiMangou

if i don't get any % off sales soon, I will hard cut my price to 50% for two days or so and let you know.

AGregori, MrIconic and CrandellWS like this.
  4. AGregori

AGregori

This looks great, but there are not many reviews. Does it basically do what Articy Draft does, but inside Unity?

5. DaiMangou

DaiMangou

But better, and is Unity dedicated :) so it allows you to do much more.

6. DaiMangou

DaiMangou

A new lock system has been added to the timeline.
    this allows you to keep a interaction fixed in place.

AGregori likes this.
  7. DaiMangou

DaiMangou

Game bridge is not "missing" from the assetstore.
    it is included in the Storyteller Asset.

8. DaiMangou

DaiMangou

Also, i will probably set up the 50% off thing later on

AGregori likes this.
  9. TonCoder

TonCoder

Hi,

This asset looks wonderful and love the concept of it so I went for it. Though I am having an issue when I try to "play" the dialogue. This is a fresh project with nothing other than the Storyteller and I get the following error:
    upload_2021-9-29_0-47-26.png
    No information other than "Argument Null Exception: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: asset"

Not sure what asset it is talking about or referring to when I have not even created anything.

Unity ver:
    2019.4.20f1

10. DaiMangou

DaiMangou

Hmm it may be just a one off error ? does it happen each time ?

I know that the update i did last week had an error with route nodes in because i forgot n if statement somewhere.

i just got my computer so i'm working on a lot of new update right now too , if i come across this message i can track it .

11. TonCoder

TonCoder

If I run into it again I'll give you heads up. It didn't stop anything from working for what I can tell currently.

DaiMangou likes this.
  12. apprenticegc

apprenticegc

Can not run sample in Unity 2021.2.3f1. It keeps popping up the message

Code (CSharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    3. DaiMangou.Storyteller.IconManager.SetIcon (UnityEngine.Object gObj, UnityEngine.Texture2D texture) (at <22f622488e7d44229e4aa55daf9ad431>:0)
    4. DaiMangou.Storyteller.IconManager.SetIcon (UnityEngine.Object gObj, DaiMangou.Storyteller.IconManager+DaiMangouIcons icon) (at <22f622488e7d44229e4aa55daf9ad431>:0)
    5. DaiMangou.BridgedData.SceneData.OnEnable () (at Assets/Storyteller/Game Bridge/Bridged Data/ScriptableObjectData/SceneData.cs:79)

13. DaiMangou

DaiMangou

oh 2021 , I've never tried that specific version. i am installing it to test now.
    that's the internal icon setting code that has been running from from unity 2017 to early unity 2021.

that error may mean that Unity 2021.2.3f1 has change their code and i'll have to made another update to adjust to it. i'll find out.

14. DaiMangou

DaiMangou

Yeah I am testing in 2021.2 also and i have the same issue. They updated their internals a bit . i'll have to disable all icons fort all 2021 versions until i find a way to bring the icons back.

15. DaiMangou

DaiMangou

Unity made the icon setting code public now so the my icon setting code that works in 2018 to early 2021 is incompatible with 2021.2 but i found a minor workaround which gets rid of the errors. at a later time i'll look into letting the icons show in 2021.2X >

unityunity