Search Unity

[RELEASED] Starfighter Game Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kicya, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Kicya

Kicya

Starfighter Game Template is a very helpful collection of assets that you would love to have if you are making any type of space shooting game.

STANDALONE DEMO
    ASSET STORE

MAIN FEATURES
    -Customizable Player Controller
    -Procedural Camera Movement
    -Score System
    -Flexible Weapon System
    -Customizable 3D Radar System
    -AI with Avoidance System
    -Spawner with Pooling System
    -Planet Shader
    -70 Premade Planets
    -Customizable Space Background System
    -Hyperspace Effect
    -50+ Effects Prefabs
    -Shields System
    -Targetting System
    -Squadron Formations
    -Asteroids Script and Spawner
    -Scripts Written in C#
    -Full Source Included
    SCREENSHOTS
    2.png 1.png ScreenShot_1.png ScreenShot_2.png ScreenShot_6.png
    Moreover, there are a lot of features coming, here is a list of what will be included in future updates:
    -Mobile Controls
    -Avoidance System Improvements
    -Star Map
    -Space Travelling System
    And many more!
    I'd love to know your thoughts on what should be added/fixed in future updates!

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    valakot likes this.
  2. valakot

valakot

Hi, excellent work, this space shooter template looks good. However I tried the demo and one thing bothers me, AI rarely shoot you at all, basically AI is not interested to shoot player if you don't come close to the AI and right in front of it. I think this need to be improved in the next updates. The problem is probably because the AI does not have a chase mode and basicly shoot enemies and players in front of itself, while the chase mode for AI would dramatically improve gameplay.
    Eventually any improvement to AI would be welcome.
    Another thing I would like to see is shields, I would like for the ships to have a shields as well as health and so that shields were down first before the health.
    I want to buy your kit but since the Space Combat Kit was release the same day I opted to buy this instead of yours.
    But if you make improvements to your kit AI and add shields and a bunch of other things I would gladly buy your kit as well.
    Would also love to see as a feature ability for the friendly ships to follow player and form a formations and even better if they will have an ability to follow paths like waypoints, that would make gameplay design with your kit much better.
    Oh and one last thing is an improvement to radar, basicly the ability to target enemies and so that UI for targeting would stay in place when you fly away far from the battlefield (the square showing where the enemy ship all the time would do it), because otherwise it is easy to lost the battlefield if you fly far from it and you don't know where to find it because radar is also not showing enemies when they are far from player.
    Well that is all for now :) anyway overall your template it is great, maybe I wish the price was a bit cheaper like 50-60$ but with improvement the price will be justified anyway.
    Ahh I will buy it next month anyway :p

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Kicya likes this.
  3. Kicya

Kicya

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback :)
    AI improvements are already on the roadmap, and it already have chase mode in the demo, it just still needs some improvements. I also think I'll be able to add shields and radar improvements in the next update, as well as targetting and an indicator to help you get back to the battlefield if you fly too far away from it :)

valakot likes this.
  4. Kicya

Kicya

Hi everyone, I want to notify you that I'm running a launch sale, 40% off! If you are interested in this asset, now is the best time to get it and try it out! I would be very grateful if you try it and give me some feedback on it :)

valakot likes this.
  5. Kicya

Kicya

Hey everyone, I'm here with a small update on what I'm working on.

There are a lot of changes coming, here is the list of changes and additions:

- Planet improvements (now there will be 2 shaders, one for planet itself and the other for the atmosphere)
    - New UI (aside from updated health bar, now there are 2 UI kits, for crosshair and radar, to make them a lot more customizable)
    - Shields system
    - Targetting system
    - Radar improvements
    - Battle Size and Battle Center
    - Squadron Formations
    - More aggressive AI
    - AI chasing improvements
    - More planets with higher resolution textures

I honestly must warn you that I'm not quite sure when I'll be able to release this new update, hopefully in a week or two, but maybe even later. I still have some work to do in here, but I also have some side projects that I'm working on right now, so I have A LOT of work to do.

Lastly, I want to announce that I'm going to give away 5 voucher codes for this asset :)
    When the update will be available on the store, I will send 5 voucher codes to random people who want to participate in the giveaway, and the launch sale will be over. If you want to participate, reply here and I'll add you to the list :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    valakot likes this.
  6. Korindian

Korindian

I'd like to participate in the giveaway!

7. valakot

valakot

Hey Ripp212, It's great news, I am so glad to hear about the improvements that you implemented and suggestions I offered in my first post.
    I would love to participate in the give away of voucher code ;) and review it if I win.
    Your asset is awesome!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Kicya likes this.
  8. Kicya

Kicya

Thank you so much for your support! You were very helpful with your feedback ;)
    And again, I'm always open to suggestions on what to add in the future updates, if anyone have any ideas or thoughts I'm always glad to hear them!

valakot likes this.
  9. jGate99

jGate99

Hi there,
    i'd love to check out your asset and review it on store.
    im a science fiction junkie and ur asset looks cool. please do remember me when distributing vouchers.
    Thanks

Kicya likes this.
  10. Kicya

Kicya

Guys, I forgot I wanted to ask those who will win voucher codes to rate it and write a review on the asset store, I remembered it thanks to AmRafay1 :)

jGate99, valakot and Korindian like this.
  11. Kicya

Kicya

Hey guys, I've got an idea of adding to an upcoming update a "starmap" feature and space travel mechanic, to utilize hyperspace effect, which is already included in the asset :)
    What do you think about that?

12. John-G

John-G

Would love to check the AI out, how many agents on screen without to much overhead?
    Throw my name into the hat ;)

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Ripp,
    I purchased your STARFIGHTER template and love it! This project is for my assignment in my Masters course. I need to be able to destroy asteroids instead of spaceship. Is this possible? Can you help me please?
    Thank you

14. Kicya

Kicya

Hi, thanks for purchasing my asset! I'm currently on my laptop, but I'll be able to help you within next 1-2 hours. I'll send you a script file for the asteroids, a modified DamageControl script, and a screenshot of inspector window to show you how to set up an asteroid, it won't take long to do it ;)
    Actually, I should've include this feature in the first place, and I'll add it to the update so thanks again for pointing it out :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ripp,
    I emailed you the scripts.
    Keri

16. Kicya

Kicya

Hmm, strange, I didn't recieve anything on my email, could you please reply to our conversation where I sent you asteroid script?

17. Kicya

Kicya

Hi everyone, I'm here with some news regarding an update. I have to extend ETA for at least one more week, but if I don't manage to finish my work on my other projects, then I'll be aiming to release this update by April 30. Also, thanks to Ph0t0m0m, the update will now include an asteroid script, new explosion particles for asteroids and an asteroid field spawner. If there's anything else you'd like to see in the asset, please share your thoughts here! :)

valakot likes this.
  18. JFI66

JFI66

Hi,
    the asset looks very cool,
    are there still free vouchers for the giveaway?
    Thanks in advance
    Jürgen

19. Kicya

Kicya

Hi, the giveaway will happen when the update will go live, so yes! I added you to the participants list :)

valakot and JFI66 like this.
  20. JFI66

JFI66

Thanks a lot ! I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  21. limo

limo

This reminded me of the old Battle of Yavin or F302 Simulator games.
    I would love to try the asset.

22. Kicya

Kicya

I added you to a participants list. Meanwhile, I submitted an update to an asset store, so we just have to wait for the asset store team to review it and when it will be accepted, I'll send voucher codes to winners of the giveaway!

23. Kicya

Kicya

Good news! The update is LIVE and the giveaway is over! :)

JFI66 and limo like this.
  24. iuxeayor

iuxeayor

Hello,

Looks like I missed a great opportunity last month. That sucks!
    I was thinking about purchasing this asset, but I noticed that when the player dies, he does not respawn, at least not in the Star Wars demo. Instead, he only gets a menu to restart or quit. Would it be difficult to add a simple respawn functionality to the player? This way, when the player dies, he respawns just like the bots, waits a couple of seconds, and then spawns back into the battle.

Also, I was wondering, when might your next sale be? $75 is a little steep for me at the moment....

Thank you,
    -Iuxeayor

25. Kicya

Kicya

Hi, adding respawn function shouldn't be a problem, I'll add this in the next update or I could send you updated player's script when you buy the asset :)
    As for the price - I'll reduce it in the July, so I recommend waiting until then

iuxeayor and JFI66 like this.
  26. iuxeayor

iuxeayor

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to it. ;>
    Please include the script, if you can!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  27. iuxeayor

iuxeayor

Hello,

I had purchased this product a month or so ago and found that the collision avoidance doesn't seem to work. The bots regularly crash into large, un-moving objects. Any advice?

28. Kicya

Kicya

Avoidance system has a lot of problems, this is one of the reasons for the reduced price. It works nice for small objects, such as other spaceships or asteroids. I'm sorry to say that, but the simplest advice I can give you right now - try to put large objects away from the battlefield. I'll try to figure out a better avoidance system in the future updates, but for now I'll try different settings for existing system and if I'll get it to work well - I'll send you these settings and update the asset.

29. iuxeayor

iuxeayor

Sounds good.
    Does collision avoidance just check distances between the centers of objects rather than checking for collision meshes? I haven't bothered to look into the code to see how it all works. What kind of algorithm do you use to avoid collisions?
    -Iuxeayor

30. Kicya

Kicya

It uses several raycasts to detect collisions, and detection works well, but avoidance itself needs some more work

31. angel_m

angel_m

I tested the demo and it is a very interesting space combat template. The problem I see is the ship control, it has too much inertia and it is not precise enough so it is almost impossible to hit the targets.
    I think in this type of games it is essential a good control and an accurate aim and fire system.

32. BladeE

BladeE

Is project dead now?

33. Kicya

Kicya

I'm sorry I haven't update the asset for a long (VERY LONG) time, but I had some real life issues for the past year, had a lot of work, immigrated to another country and now I have a full-time job which doesn't leave a lot of spare time. That is partly a reason for such a low price for the asset. I still have plans on revising all of the codebase and adding new features though. So again, I apologize for the lack of updates. Good news: new update that I'm working on will upgrade avoidance system drastically and will improve overall performance.

34. lolaswift

lolaswift

Hi, should we expect some updates any soon?

35. bbacle

bbacle

Still no updates after 4 years...you give excuses for no updates, but still you have given no updates.