Search Unity

[RELEASED] Starfield Shaders

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TheDarkFable, Jan 20, 2019.

1. TheDarkFable

TheDarkFable

StarfieldShaders.png

Starfield Shaders contains starfield shaders for 2D and 3D projects. The shaders are custom made geometry shaders, designed for performance. I also provide powerful yet simple to use generation scripts for both 2D and 3D projects.

The 2D starfield version has the parallax effect. The parallax scrolling effect is calculated in the shader.

All shader calculations are done without textures (no texture sampling) and mainly in the geometry part. Properties can be changed in real-time, meaning that the shaders can also be animated if needed.

Meshes
    Planes (2D) and spheres (3D) are generated through scripts and can be generated in-game. They contain colors and noise values instead of real UV coordinates, for performance and simplicity in shaders. Meshes provide up to 128000 stars per starfield.

Visit my website for more information.
    Asset Store Link

SS101_3DWarp.png SS101_redBG.png SS101_2DWarp.png SS101_blueBG.png

Tutorial / Workflow

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    DragonCoder likes this.
  2. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

hi! I like the look of this asset however from the docs and tutorial video etc I am not sure if I see how the coloured "cloudy nebula" aspect of your screenshots is generated. Are these also generated by the shaders included in the package? Thanks!

3. patrickk2

patrickk2

Hello everyone!

I like the effect very much, and we would like to use the Starfield Shaders in our project, but we are havin trouble with two issues, and I was hoping that someone can give advice on those:

1. In a WebGL build using the "Starfield 3D Procedural shader" no effect is visible, and I see the following error in the browser console:

Am I perhaps missing some player settings that I need to change for this to work, or does this mean, the shader will not work with WebGL? If so, do you have plans to add WebGL support for the Starfield Shader asset?

2. We would also like to try the 2D variant of the shader, but if I understand correctly this shader assumes that the camera will move on the XY plane, and creates the effect based on the camera movement on the X and Y axis. How do we need to adapt the shader so that it will create the effect for a camera moving on the XZ plane instead?

Any tips or pointers for both those issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Patrick