Search Unity

[Released] Splatter System - Stains Everywhere

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dustyroom, Jul 17, 2016.

1. CroHack97

CroHack97

Did you manage to find a fix?

2. Glock113

Glock113

Are there any plans to allow passing in different particle system settings that allow different particle shapes? For example, I have two items and each item needs to splatter with different shapes not only different colors, orientation, and intensities. Right now if I have one set for Circle and one set for Square the particles are drawn using whatever settings I passed in last. For now, I can make that work but it would be nice if the SplatterSystemMesh would honor all settings passed in without affecting those that were already placed in the world.

Thanks for your help and for this wonderful timesaving asset

3. cparki3

cparki3

Hi there, I just bought the asset for our 2-D game that is very reliant on lighting. Did anyone end up getting this to work with a Diffuse or Vertex Lit shader? I tried adding in the stencil snippet mentioned previously in the forum but there doesn't seem to be any effect. Thanks!

4. cparki3

cparki3

I ended up getting this to work with the recommended implementation. Thanks!

5. coshea

coshea

Yeah I'd quite like to know this too, it wasn't clear in the Asset Store that you could only use one type of splat at a time.

6. coshea

coshea

I've emailed the developer for support 4 weeks ago but no response to questions, so I guess they are busy. Right now I can't recommend anyone buy this until they fix two issues:

- the splats have a flicker glitch (Unity 2017)

- only works with sprites if you set the depth using 'order in layer' in Unity, if you set the depth using z position (for example if you are mixing sprites and other items that don't allow sorting layers), then this asset doesn't work. z position for depth, sprites always appear behind the splat mesh

I'd love to be able to use this app once it gets updated. Thanks.

7. BACALL

BACALL

Anyone that got this to work with lights, please share, would be a lot appreciated!

8. Ga2Z

Ga2Z

Hello @Dustyroom, I asked this a while ago and now I'm working on that project hehe. And I hope you're around as I read you've been absent.

I'd like to know what's the best approach for making a 4 player game where each one can color the level around (bitmap or mesh), and we need to calculate the amount of paint of each color. Also for the question 6), I'm not pretty sure how to do that and which variables should be exposed.

Thanks!

9. MasoInar

MasoInar

Hi @Dustyroom ,

Does this work with new Unity Tilemap system?

10. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

It works with Tilemap out of the box. To enable stain rendering, use SplatterSurface on the tilemap material.

MasoInar likes this.
  11. Spiderwork

Spiderwork

Hi there! I want to use Stain System too but got a question: My sprites are not using the " Sprite-Default" shader but a "Diffuse" shader so that Unity light system works with it. However, if I use your shader for it, they are not using light anymore. Is there a way to solve this issue?

12. cparki3

cparki3

Will there be an update that works with the LWRP default 2D shader? We are using the new 2D lights and would really like to include stain system again.

pvalium likes this.
  13. ury2ok2000

ury2ok2000

Hello, with the bitmap splatter area selective i am seeing a white(ish) border around the sprites. Is there a way to eliminate this? upload_2020-2-13_7-3-33.png \

NVM setting pixel snap in the shader area fixed this.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  14. ury2ok2000

ury2ok2000

Do you have an example scene of 2 different areas not getting overlap of the splatter (specifically i am talking about after the splatter has been generated, so an the areas both have splatter and when a part of area A passes over area B A shows B's splatters on its sprite. I'm having issues with 2 areas where when they cross they show the splatter from the other area. I have set the Stencil layer as different on the material (even duplicated and created its own material), but no luck.

Am i doing something wrong, or is this not possible?

15. ury2ok2000

ury2ok2000

---UPDATE
    I was able to get things working by adjusting the spriteSurface shader ZWrite On (and setting the Z order of the sprite i didnt want to pickup another splatter area's splatter to -1), in case anyone runs into a similar issues.

16. ury2ok2000

ury2ok2000

Does anyone know how to get the colors changed of the Settings during run-time. I changed the colors, and see the change in the editor, however it is spawning with the original colors...

17. ury2ok2000

ury2ok2000

I use sManager.defaultSettings.colors[0] = new Color(1,1,1,1); and it changes in the inspector during runtime, but the splatter color does not change.

18. judemcenth

judemcenth

Hi. has anyone been able to get this to work with URP? specifically the sprite lit shader?

19. pxlsasho

pxlsasho

Hi there, does it support tiles and tilemap?

20. starfoxy

starfoxy

I love this asset and have some (probably obvious) questions.

I am testing creating a splatter (on collision with the floor) :

splatter.Spawn(transform.position, Vector3.down);

What does the second parameter do? I know that there is a setting for direction in the movement mode on the SplatterSettings - does this do something similar?

21. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

The second parameter is the direction of the splatter. For example if you'd like the motion to go from left to right, pass Vector3.right.

22. starfoxy

starfoxy

Thanks @Dustyroom ! I am getting a warning when importing the asset ( 2019.4.8f1 ):

Shader warning in 'Splatter/StandardSurface': Keyword _DETAIL_MULX2 declared as global and local. It will be treated as local keyword.

( It's actually multiple warnings from the same path for different Keywords. )

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I don't believe it causes any issues but there is a side of me where I don't like warnings or errors in my console and would like to address it. o_O

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  23. WackyWocky

WackyWocky

I'm making a topdown game where the floor is using your SpriteSurface shader, but any masked sprites above it are no longer masked, as the they're getting drawn into the stencil. How would I go about solving this?

24. wechat_os_Qy0xuDdGQoGr7ef-y-n8MNe5o

wechat_os_Qy0xuDdGQoGr7ef-y-n8MNe5o

I would like to ask a question, I use mesh mode, static sprites are fine, but if it is dynamic sprites, such as monsters or moving platforms, the stains will be stationary somewhere, instead of moving with them, how can I solve it?

25. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Unfortunately the mesh mode can't handle splatter on moving objects - it is backed by Unity's particle system, which creates a single mesh for all particles.
    You can try to use the bitmap mode and move the splatter area along with the moving object.

26. wechat_os_Qy0xuDdGQoGr7ef-y-n8MNe5o

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I have used this bitmap mode before and solved this problem by making the Areas area as a child of the mobile Sprite, but the dyeing effect of this mode is not very satisfactory to me.For example, a few cases in the resource demo bitmap mode demo, inside the dyeing is not very timely dyeing up, or even no reaction or far away from the place of dyeing, may setting custom is not very good?So I use mesh mode

27. wechat_os_Qy0xuDdGQoGr7ef-y-n8MNe5o

Hello, there is such a requirement in our function at present. For a certain texture map, such as a heart, how can we judge that the spray paint area covers the whole heart?For effects like the following, we need to completely dye the hollow heart before we can finish the game.

28. wechat_os_Qy0xuDdGQoGr7ef-y-n8MNe5o

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Hs411e7Kq?t=16 11:02s in this video

29. wechat_os_Qy0xuDdGQoGr7ef-y-n8MNe5o

Attached Files:

30. dinlinwin

dinlinwin

Has anyone get it to work with 2d light in URP?

31. cascadiagames

cascadiagames

I have a tilemap as a splatter surface and it's working great on desktop and mobile. But for consoles, it's causing the tilemap to be completely transparent with no splatter effects. Do you have any ideas for what might cause this?

Update: Now this is working. I'm not sure what changed. But I'm glad it did!

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  32. modernator24

modernator24

It's not working; all the links are invalid and expired, and you are not responding to emails.

33. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi! I see your email from Saturday along with the Asset Store review, and this forum post on Sunday along with a comment on YouTube video. We replied on Monday morning, which I think is reasonable.

I've tested the asset and can't find anything not working, please provide more details.

Thanks for reporting the broken links, it has been fixed now.

34. kreso

kreso

Howdy!
    I just purchased your asset. I am looking to replace my current decal solution and yours looks like it will not only replace but also upgrade it :)

As I am still learning how it works, I just wanted to make sure this is correct behavior:
    When using Demo 1 Mesh example & 'particles shape' 'Circle', the particles are rendered behind the canvas. Like in the attached screenshot. Is this intended behavior?

I noticed that if I enable 'Multiply Blending' it will be drawn on the square (instead of behind like in the screenshot).
    Also, if I change particle shape to 'square' it will be drawn in front of the square as well.

Using Demo 1 with Bitmap, particles are rendered on top of the white square.

I am using Unity 2021.3.34.f1, I loaded a blank project and only imported Stain System. I am using demo scenes.

Thanks for your assist! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  35. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi! Thank you for reporting this. It's a regression in the latest update to Stain System where we incorrectly set the Setncil Layer of the `CircleParticleAlphaBlend` material to 0, where it should be 128. We've released an update with a fix, please check it out.

starfoxy likes this.