Search Unity

[RELEASED] SPACE UNITY - Space Scene Construction Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by imphenzia, Feb 19, 2013.

1. boysenberry

boysenberry

Learn something new everyday, huh. Thank you! When I can I will share a video of how I am using the Space Scene.

2. imphenzia

imphenzia

Hello,

The spaceship and related scripts are more for demonstrating the space environments so I don't really add features to those due to lack of time. I understand that's it something you want but you could probably rotate a planet and keep the spaceship static in place and just add a simple script that interpolates slight random rotations over time. Would your level of script knowledge be sufficient for that - if you need assistance, maybe the scripting forum section can give some assistance in more depth if needed. I would probably use the Update() method and add code to set a random Vector3 euler rotation and a random duration in time and then use transform.eulerAngles = Vector3.Lerp(transform.eulerAngles, <targetEulerAngles variable>, Time.deltaTime * <speed variable>); You would replace the segments within <> with variables that you define that contains a random euler angle rotation and some sort of a speed variable to control how fast it should rotate.

3. imphenzia

imphenzia

I should mention here too that the Procedural Planet asset has been released and it's available in the asset store:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/sci-fi/procedural-planets-95581

And some sample images:

See the above image in 8192 x 4096 resolution here.

The asset is only 2MB in size (plus a 5MB PDF manual) and it generates unique planets in only seconds during run-time. Planet appearance is dictated by nearly 100 properties that can either be fully randomized or customize/overridden if necessary.

hopeful, Neviah and boysenberry like this.
  4. boysenberry

boysenberry

Hi there,

I just wanted to share how I am using Unity for Space for the background for the game I am developing "Eternal Life: Ascension". I am using it during the map building and map exploration stages of the game.

crafTDev and Wavinator like this.
  5. netpost

netpost

This is a great asset!

Quick question. When creating space scene prefab and overwriting the prefabs I noticed that often my skybox go back to the default unity blue skybox instead of the nice dark black skybox. Switching the nebula texture count from low to very high also trigger back the blue skybox randomly. Is there a setting to avoid this? I am using V2018.2.0f2.

Thank you!

6. Gitane

Gitane

In Unity 2019, Construction Kit has an error and can not be used at all.

7. netpost

netpost

Same thing with Unity 2018. Can't use it anymore...Is there an update coming soon?

8. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Can we make space scenes without planets?

9. Binary42

Binary42

Yes

10. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

How do we do this please?