Search Unity

[RELEASED] Space RTS - Starter Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NullPointerGames, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK though I haven't bought your asset to try integrating anything as yet but I have some idea's so I will get in touch with you via your email

2. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

I'm think to buy this kit, but there are a "road map" to new updates?

3. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Hello, Sorry but no for the moment. I've been working on other things so I have little time for new features. I can't promise anything new for the moment. I can only compromise to check that nothing is broken on new unity versions. If you or anyone else detects that I've miss something that is broken please let me know and i'll fix it. Also if you have questions of any kind I'm here or at my e-mail to give you the required answers.

4. atoi2008

atoi2008

@NullPointerGames Thank you for your hard work at this!. Very clean, documented, advanced code. very professional, I'm a new programmer and I'm happy to see something that's "real world", not just stuff for beginners. Now I've gotta figure out how to put the pieces together to create my own scenes with my own assets. Mobile support would be great too. How hard would it be to integrate a mobile RTS camera? I'm also trying to look for where to add sound effects.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  5. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Hello @atoi2008 ! Sorry for the late responce, seems that I miss that last message. I've designed the framework to be as modular as posible, so should be not to difficult to implement your own camera or maybe a third party camera.

Sound effects you are going to need to find the right spot for each one but after that you should only instance an AudioSource. Most component usually trigger some Action delegates so you can subscribe and act according to those events, so you should start there. If an event is missing shouldn't be hard to add it by your self, also I usually write some comments so you can know what is happening in each part of the code.

6. Candac59

Candac59

Hi, any news ?

7. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Sorry, not for the moment. I've being busy with other projects and freelance works. I do want to do an update at some point but my schedule is being keeping tight.

8. Arkolis

Arkolis

Movement system is modular correct? Any hints on where would I begin? I was going to replace it with something less, locked to a plane.
    Thanks
    ~Ark

9. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Hello, yes it's modular enough to allows you to replace it.
    Probably you are going to need to replace the camera and the input to allow the click in height. That can be changed. The main problem lays in the pathfinding to prevent the units move through asteroids and big objects. You need to implement your own navigation system replacing SpatialSystem with your own but that's going to need a lot of optimized maths.

That feature it's a great challenge. Let me know your progress.

Arkolis likes this.
  10. Arkolis

Arkolis

Will do thank you.
    Edit:
    I just tried to replace the source for the 1.3 Dll do you have that somewhere i can get it?
    I have to rebuild the RTS Camera, since I need the Y axis and full rotation control, My current camera is missing things to make the selection box work correctly.
    Thanks again,
    ~Ark

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  11. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Did you follow this instructions: http://docs.nullpointergames.com/spacerts/v1_3/dll_replacer.html?

The last version you find there works also for v1.3

Yeah, probably you going to need to erase it completly and start a new camera. that Y axis changes everything.

12. Arkolis

Arkolis

Yes I did, only thing I saw in there was the 1_2_4 package. I snagged it but wasn't sure if that was good for v1.3 package. If that works for 1.3 then Im good to go.
    Thanks
    ~Ark

13. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Yes, exactly. It's because there wasn't any more changes in the core since the version 1.2.4. It should work for the package v1.3

14. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

@NullPointerGames : "Space RTS - Starter Pack v.1.2.3" is deprecated ? You don't plan to come back on it for future upgrades ? What about "Behavior Designer for Space RTS", no more upgrades for it or you are always open mind for add new things to it ?

15. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Hi! Glad to know you are still interested. I have lot of changes and improvements but I can't find the time to complete them, so a new version is going to be released but I can't promise any date or I'll be lying to you. Have you suggestion? I'm focusing in upgrading instead of adding too many new features but anything is possible.

ATeam_Production and Mazak like this.
  16. MisterBlackCat

MisterBlackCat

Does this work with Unity 2020?

17. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Just double checked and it works without problem. Just some warning regarding PrefabUtility new features but as I said it works without a single problem. (Sorry about the late answer)

18. MisterBlackCat

MisterBlackCat

Awesome. This cut down on close to a week of work for me!

19. ian_maurmann

ian_maurmann

Hello! Thanks for creating this awesome asset!

I believe I've noticed what might be (or might not be) a small bug. When zoomed in at the closest zoom level, (the values of the distance and camera angle* do not appear to be a factor for me), the Border Panning at the top of the screen moves the camera backward instead of forward.

This can be reproduced in one of the demos, when the camera is under the grid
    Assets > SpaceRTS > SceneTests > CameraTests > SpaceRTS CameraControl

However it does not happen on
    Assets > SpaceRTS > SceneTests > CameraTests > SimpleCameraTest
    but I'm not sure why it happens / doesn't happen

I'm guessing this is a bug; but if it's actually a feature for when zoom is too close/low, I'm looking to find a way to avoid or work around it. I figure that I just have to make my game map work more like the SimpleCameraTest demo and I should be able to find a fix.

Other than that, this asset has everything I was looking for. Thanks!

Edit :

(For anyone reading this: It was cause by the camera angle and scene bounds)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  20. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Hello! sorry for the late response!

About the zoom problem.
    Yes! it's a known bug, I mean, it happen to me a couple of times but never focused enough time to find out why it happen.

It's weird what you said with simple camera test because is almost same camera component.
    Hope you can fix the problem!

21. ian_maurmann

ian_maurmann

Thanks for the reply!

I've been playing around with it for a bit. I believe it happens when the camera is low and angled enough to see a "sky" above the plane of the Scene Bounds. The "sky" above the plane is outside the scene bounds, so it moves away.

Now that I understand it, for my game I just need to be careful with the camera angle.

22. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Makes sense. Thanks for the info!

23. Zimorgh

Zimorgh

Hello, the package seems very complex

I have many questions...
    First: the DLLs from your Drive do not appear to be the same version (1.3) VS (1_2_3 or 1_2_4 the latest) Which ones should I use to replace the DLLs?

Second: Would it be possible for you to provide a detailed tutorial?
    Turns out I tried to replace the Human Scout for my own model and Ship template, but the game still uses your version.
    I'd also like to create my own builders with their own ships or structures.
    I'm lost with how to accomplish this.

How do you control what is shown in the UI for each ship?
    Related to my previous question, it should have showned my ship instead of the default Human Scout.

How do I change the Win conditions?

Is it possible to change mouse inputs for taps on a touchscreen?

24. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Hi!

It's because the dlls does not require further changes after 1.2.4. That version works for SpaceRTS v1.3

You need to look at the ScriptableObjects located under the "data" folder.
    Maybe you are having this problem because there is an instance of the builder ship in the scene. Since it's already instanced you need to change it manualy there too.

In this configuration scriptableobjects you can change the "avatar" of each ship type so you can change how it looks without changing how it works.

The UI is very simple. What it does is to get access to the selected unit (ship) and read the components and the data in it. The sprite in the UI is taken from the same scriptable object, there is this field uiImage that you need to change.

The current mission win condition is coded at RTSGameController.cs script. you can change, add or delete. requires script knowledge. maybe you can delete that code ahand add some visual script tool to handle the win condition for your self.

Unity use to handle mouse clicks as touch taps by default so all the ui is going to be working without problem. there is some input specific regarding camera control that is going to require additional work from you.

25. PzKd

PzKd

Hello NullPointer,

When I set the camera angle to 90° to get a perfect top down view, all camera controls fail (WASD and Scroll). Can you take a look ?

26. Shadowing

Shadowing

Just checking if support is still alive for this asset.
    Should realky try to do a update once a year. With just fixing newer unity warnings etc.
    I bet you lose a ton of purchases when people see last update was 4 years ago.

NullPointerGames likes this.
  27. NullPointerGames

NullPointerGames

Ey Shadowing, FYI I'm still checking mails from time to time so the support is still available for anyone needing it. For what is worth, the asset is working with the latest version, at least last time I check. But you are totally right about your suggestion and it's deeply appeciated.