Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] SoundManagerPro: Easy Game Music Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AntiLunchBox, Jun 12, 2013.

1. mimminito

mimminito

Thanks for the update, I will update the plugin! Would be good to have that check in there, just in case :)

2. Eneco

Eneco

Hello

since the update or the crash today, i always get this error and the caching isn't work anymore.
    Can you help me please with fixing this error? I've already reimported, and also removed and imported soundmanager again. but it is still not working.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  3. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey Eneco,

I'm going to submit a update that should fix that. That seems to be a weird situation where a null reference is kept somewhere. It's probably related to mimminitos problem. It should be up within the hour.

ALB

4. Eneco

Eneco

Its up but not in the assetstore, right?
    Any chance to get the update earlier?

5. tdgs4

tdgs4

Hello

I have bought soundmanger pro. How can I make my music play throughout the scenes without restarting?

Regards

6. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey, Eneco

I just posted it sorry it was a bit late. I was packaging the fix with another update, but noticed a bug before I submitted so I had to spend a bit more time fixing it.

It's up now though.

ALB

7. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey tdgs4,

There is a function called SetIgnoreLevelLoad that you can use. It will turn it off. I'll add a switch on the SoundManager developer settings section to make it easier.

ALB

8. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Changelog in 3.3.1:
    • Added ability to view sfx with different sorting, by group or by time added
    • Fixed bug with missing files
    • Ability to ignore level load is not settable on the soundmanager prefab

9. SteveJ

SteveJ

Does SoundManagerPro do anything to specifically manage Audio LISTENERS - or just sources?

I find the manual set up pretty painful with the way that Unity automatically creates listeners etc. In an opening initialisation scene for example, I generally wouldn't want a camera at all, and on the main menu, I might just have a GUI camera, so managing listeners becomes a manual task.

If you want your music to start playing in that init scene and carry through the menus, it can be a bit of a juggling act with Listeners.

Curious if that's considered here or if that side of things is still a manual process?

10. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey SteveJ,

SMP doesn't really do anything specific with AudioListeners. I'm not entirely understanding why AudioListeners have become a problem for you. If it's a viable concern, I could add an AudioListener manager. Could you give me an example?

As long as you have an AudioListener wherever you go, carrying music through scenes is no problem with SMP.

ALB

11. Ostwind

Ostwind

Any plans to make this windows store compatible? or even WP8? now it seems some reflection tricks are not supported there. You can see the errors if you do simple scene and try to build it.

12. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey Ostwind,

Without access to windows 8, at this point, I think I'm going to use a platform define to take out the code that uses it. It's only a small feature of AudioSourcePro that uses it. Atleast this way, users can build out no problem.

ALB

13. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

If you download the update, you'll be able to build out for windows store and windows 8.

reflection is removed.

14. hima

hima

Is it possible to pause and resume the background music or a specific loop SFX with fading out&fading in options? Currently Pause and Unpause stop everything immediately, which is not what I want.

Another feature I'd like is an ability to start the bgm at any playback position.

I bought this thinking that it'll replace my custom made SoundManager but without these features I'll have to stick with the old one. This is a great and highly professional asset for sure but I found myself fighting with it and spend more time trying to do what I already did.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  15. Ostwind

Ostwind

well that was fast :cool:

however there were still 2 methods that had not supported stuff and neither seemed to be used according to Visual Studio(?). I added platform defines to em too and built and run the project ok (win store)

AudioSubscription.cs: createProxyEventDelegate and getMethodInfoForAction

16. Phantom75

Phantom75

Hey Patrick

I just wanted to buy it, but thought it's 8$ - now it's 25¨. Have you changed the price or did I do something wrong?

best regards Phantom

17. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey Phantom, there was a 24-hr $2 sale for St. Patrick's day! (because my name is patrick) But that was yesterday! Unfortunately the sale is over =/

Pat

18. Phantom75

Phantom75

oh noooz! that's the curse with the time shift :)
    Thanks for the update

19. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey Ostwind,

I'll update that tonight. Sorry about that!

20. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey hima,

Somebody else asked for the fade in and fade out feature and I'm going to add that. It's literally a matter of making a private function public. I'll try and add that tonight, if not by this weekend.

It's a similar issue with Pause and Unpause. I'll also get that added.

As for starting the bgm at any playback position, what you could do is this:
    There is a function that returns which audiosource is playing the BGM (i'm not at my computer, but I can check on it for you later). You can use that to change change the position of the bgm.

Let me know if that answers your questions.
    ALB

21. CORPSEGRINDER

CORPSEGRINDER

Hi ALB, when I updated to the latest version there were errors on your ProxySoundEditor.cs and your SMPCleanup.cs.

Assets/SoundManagerPro/Editor/ProxySoundEditor.cs(31,31): error CS1061: Type `SoundManagerEditor' does not contain a definition for `Disable' and no extension method `Disable' of type `SoundManagerEditor' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/SoundManagerPro/Editor/ProxySoundEditor.cs(24,23): error CS1061: Type `SoundManagerEditor' does not contain a definition for `Enable' and no extension method `Enable' of type `SoundManagerEditor' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/SoundManagerPro/Editor/ProxySoundEditor.cs(39,23): error CS1061: Type `SoundManagerEditor' does not contain a definition for `ProxyInitialize' and no extension method `ProxyInitialize' of type `SoundManagerEditor' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

smp does not contain a definition for storage.

22. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

hey corpsegrinder,

it looks like you updated from 2.x to 3.x
    There was a big remodel with the code so it was required to delete all of SMP files from your project and SoundManagers from your scenes before updating to 3.x

That's why those old files are not finding functions.

ALB

23. duencil

duencil

Is it possible to change the playback volume of a music track (and sfx clips for that matter) using SoundManagerPro? I'm leaving the playback of my game's background music playback to this plugin's SoundConnections system, but would like to lower the volume of a particular track. I cant find a way to alter per audio clip settings like that, and this seems like it would be useful.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  24. UnbreakableOne

UnbreakableOne

Hi,

When I add the prefab to my scene, it doesn't recognize my scenes in the "Add SoundConnection(s)" section of prebab.

25. duencil

duencil

You have to open the Build Settings dialog and be sure the current scene is added to the list of scenes to be included in the build there.

26. UnbreakableOne

UnbreakableOne

That did it, thanks.

Hope someone would note this or better the prefab itself would have a "Note: scenes should be in build settings in order to appear here" there somewhere.

27. montyfi

montyfi

Something wrong with audio pool. I have set prepool amount for a sound FX = 1 and it creates this just fine, but the problem - it is ignored. On the first play it is always creates another instance ignoring already prepooled one.
    Any suggestions how to fix that?

Another question, how to make sound fx to be non destructible? It seems it always requires some lifetime settings. But I do not want to destruct anything on mobile. Set lifetime to some big number?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  28. cavila

cavila

Maybe that was me. Here's some Playmaker actions for fade in/out of pitch and volume of music and fx: View attachment 87056

29. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

The current build crashes Unity Free.

30. mujee

mujee

hi

I have single scene
    I want to play Background musics such like that

mainMenu Music--------------- for mainMenu
    when it goes to selection level screen then I want to play another Music,
    On game PLay I want to Play another.
    how can I do this Please guide me.
    Also I use 2dtoolkit for my project

tanx

31. shotoutgames

shotoutgames

mono-develop compile error???

AudioSourcePro.cs: Error CS0241: Default parameter specifiers are not permitted (CS0241) (Assembly-CSharp)

Apology if already asked

Thanks!!

32. SteveJ

SteveJ

Just wanted to say thanks for SoundManagerPro. Bought it yesterday and it's doing a great job! :)

33. shotoutgames

shotoutgames

Not a sound manager pro error :)
    Had mono-develop set to target Net 3.5 and Sound Manager Pro uses 4.0

Great program

34. WizardGameDev

WizardGameDev

Calling a random SFX in a group. I know this is probably real easy and I saw that it was in the features... but when I looked through the documentation I couldn't find the right functions. What is the straight forward easy way to simply play a random audio clip from a group. I'm sorry if this was asked earlier in the thread but after looking through like 12 pages I thought I just better ask.

Thanks in advance.

35. SteveJ

SteveJ

Oh! I did have a question too.

There doesn't seem to be a way to get the length (e.g. in seconds) of a sound effect. Am I just missing it, or is it not there?

I often use the AudioClip length to time animations on objects - like doors opening in time with their effect etc. But that doesn't seem to be an option when using SoundManagerPro?

36. WizardGameDev

WizardGameDev

Figured it out...

AudioClip RandomClip = SoundManager.LoadFromGroup("Hits");
    SoundManager.PlaySFX (RandomClip);

Cool plug in

37. SteveJ

SteveJ

Regarding the NGUI integration, does this support the latest versions of NGUI?

38. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

O wow, seems like the forums are back to not emailing me that people have responded to this thread. I'll get to all the questions, but it'll have to be tomorrow! I have to go to bed! Sorry guys!

39. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey guys, version 3.4 is live with some big updates!

Changelog in 3.4:
    • Fix to file rename issues
    • Added Crossfade, Crossin, and Crossout functionality for any audiosources.
    • Delete sfx feature easily available now
    • Remove sfx from SFXGroup easily available now
    • Added functionality to set volume and set pitch to only certain sfx
    • Implemented ducking feature for both volume and pitch
    • Added run-on-end functions for sfx as well
    • Added delay for sfx
    • Added more to the demo scene

And here's a "what's new" video showcasing what's new in SMP3!

ALB

40. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey duencil,

I'll look into that! Seems useful

41. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Sure, I can include a help section on each part

42. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey cavila, it's been added

43. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey Solo does this still happen?

44. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey mujee,

On the soundmanager just check "ignore level load" and then just use SoundManager.PlaySoundConnection("name of sound connection") whenever you want.

45. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey wizard,

Just use SoundManager.LoadFromGroup, instead of SoundManager.Load. I'll be updating the documentation to a better format soon.

ALB

46. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey SteveJ, it might need an update but there are integration instructions included as well (in case NGUI updates before I can update).

ALB

47. dev_2051

dev_2051

hi ALB

found an issue with soundmanager pro.
    i started a soundconnection using soundmanager.playconnection(level name).Then from the settings panel slider brought the volume to zero using soundmanager.setvolumemusic.
    But when i am again trying to pick up volume through slider this soundconnection never starts again even though volume is maxed out.Can u please look into this type of scenario.

Thanks.

48. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey dev,

What version of SMP are you using? There was a bug like that a long time ago that has long been fixed. Just tried to duplicate that bug and didn't get an error. Try updating!

ALB

49. thi-donada

thi-donada

Hello ALB,
    I guess i've just found a bug:
    If you play a SFX using:
    SoundManager.PlaySFX(SoundManager.Load("mysfx"));
    while the SFX is muted, the SFX object doesn't get deactivated at the hierarchy, so
    everytime you play the SFX it creates another object.

50. AntiLunchBox

AntiLunchBox

Hey thi,donada,

I'm looking into this now!