Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[-50% OFF SALE! - Save $600✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

3. super-cypher

super-cypher

Hi
    you mentioned on page 1 you were going to add a mobile prefab (optimized for mobile version) to this package, has that been done yet? or is it coming soon? as i only want this for mobile development. if so ill buy it now.

thanks

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

The mobile optimized prefab is coming, but the system has so many things to evalute and do for mobile, that took me more than i expected. Also i work on a realistic prefab as well, so that takes away time as well.

Some of the effects, like volume clouds, will have to be tested on mobile to see if they would work and at what densities, which makes it even more time consuming.

So, the mobile prefab is coming, i would say in 1-2 weeks, to be on the safe side. If you would like me to create a mobile version to test, that would be much faster, i could send it over in a few days if you have the pack and get feedback on what i should optimize further, tailored to your hardware.

Also keep in mind that all effects are highly customizable, so it is easy to adjust everything based on your needs, the prefab will be just a sample, it may require changing parameters for each individual case as well.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Mobile optimized volumetric clouds, one draw call, support correct lightning from sun and fly through

I have now added a mobile version and decoupled the scripts from Unity Terrain, i will test it and upload the pack to the store asap.

The volumetric clouds still look good with 1/10 the particles of the desktop version, which is great news for mobile uses. I will test on my android to make sure it works ok.

Changes log (v1.2.5):

- Added option to set Heavy Storm & Flat Clouds max particle count setting (SkyMasterManager script)

- Added option to use mesh terrain in Terrain script(SeasonalTerrainSkyMaster script)

- Altered volumetric fog fixed height to the parent object height than zero (so will be in hero level when parented, if no terrain exists) (ParticleSheetongroundSM script)

- New lower triangle sample tree for mobile

- Added mobile oriented prefab

- Added step by step setup Guide & Sky settings Collection PDF (links also in the post above)

- Minor adjustements in volumetric clouds lighting cut off default value (clouds went darker sooner than sunset light dissapeared, adjusted cut off height lower to cover for that last light)

I can also send the fixes in a dropbox link, so there is no need to wait for the store review process.

Also last days of the ARTnGame Sale - Get all packs at half price !!!!

Visit the ARTnGame sale thread for other assets on sale (Particle Dynamic Magic, Advanced FX Creator, InfiniTREE, GI Proxy)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  6. super-cypher

super-cypher

That all sounds excellent.

Please keep going with the mobile optimizations and additions.

I just bought it now!

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Global Illumination mobile optimized version - Sky Master v1.2.5

Great :), thanks for buying, i am working full time on the mobile optimizations so i will submit a mobile friendly version tomorrow.

I just optimized the Global Illumination as well, now the hero mode uses just a few bounce lights and gives a great effect, so is easier to use on mobile.

A review for the asset would also be very much appreciated :) and help me work on it faster for the next update that will bring all kind of cool new features.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Pics of Sky Master from my Android

I am testing the asset on my Android, but is a very underpowered system not suitable for games and it struggles when lots of clouds are around. Gets especially slow when there is overdraw bewteen the volumetric clouds and the simple particle ones.

It would be great if i could send the apk over, with all effects i have optimized and see if it works good on the mobile you are targeting. That would give me better perspective of what to optimize further and help tailor the system to your game needs at the same time.

Let me know and i will upload the apk in dropbox asap. I post some pics from my mobile above.

9. super-cypher

super-cypher

hi
    yes i can do that. please send me dropbox link and ill test it.

please give me instructions of exactly what to do as i haven't used it yet.

thanks

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks, this will be really useful.

This is the mobile demo with the more optimized assets, i have not worked the full interface yet, but it is possible to see the sky rendering, volumetric clouds and particle clouds and get a first impression of the performance.

Use the screen touch to rotate the camera and the left slider for sun rotation speed, the season cycle option will enable the leaves in autaumn and other seasonal effects and change the landscape coloration. The rest of the buttons enable various effects. The heavy storm is the heaviest.

I will move towards making a full demo with proper mobile oriented GUI and post it in a few days, with any fixes and further optimizations.

Keep in mind this is the optimistic version, i can lower settings a lot more, but if it runs well with those in a stronger phone than mine, will be the best setting to provide.

Also if anyone else is interested in the APK file for testing, please let me know.

11. super-cypher

super-cypher

hi

i cant install the .apk on my phone for some reason. im copying to my phone and then use app installer but i get "app not installed"

can you upload the unity scene and ill do a fresh build?

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, i will upload the scene and post the link.

It is strange that does not install though, i do that through Astro File Manager on my Android, for reference.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will also have to send the new updates in v1.2.5, so please if possible to provide an email addess to send the file and send me the asset invoice, my email is artengame@yahoo.com

Thanks

14. super-cypher

super-cypher

hi

i was just about to post to remind you not put up the scene on here, but you already remembered!

email just sent with invoice number.

thanks

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

The update has been sent and contains the v.1.2.5 of Sky Master, that brings some fixes and new options. I used my gmail account, because yahoo failed sending the message for some reason.

Let me know if everything works ok.

I have also revised the demo GUI as well, to fit the mobile screen better.

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Pics from Mobile optimized Sky Master prefab, Android platform turned on. All taken in Unity Free.

Some pics i took while working on the Mobile optimized version of the Sky Master.

These are taken with Android turned on as platform (textures etc are in Android mode).

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

To clarify a point about the Mobile version.

The Mobile version of the system will be included in Sky Master and Sky Master ULTIMATE for totally free. The mobile version is a total conversion of every asset and shader for mobile needs (plus added features to scripts for extra performance controls) and will be a FREE update for the current Sky Master packs.

A demo in APK will also be available soon.

Also the mobile edition will receive regular updates, depending a lot on feedback from various developers cases, since mobiles vary in power and abilities.

There will be two mobile prefabs included, one will be for the fastest mobiles and one as optimized as possible for the lower end ones, that can cover more cases better.

Also another new big feature will be added to the pack

- Shader based atmospheric scattering shader for terrain (and any item that needs to fade to the fog). This system will work in Unity Free, since it does not require image effects and is coming along great, looking super cool already.

More options for volumetric clouds have also been added, like Turbulent and wave motion and will come in the next update

Remember to grab the pack while the Sale is active !!! and please leave a review to help me work faster on the updates.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some more clarifications on the mobile prefab.

The system has been as optimized as possible and all assets/shaders will work on mobile (none requires SM3.0)

This does not nessesarily mean that a mobile device will be able to display all the effects working together or at extreme resolutions (like ipads 2000x1600 etc). There will always be a trade off to what effects can be active at each time & at what resolutions and performance, which will be better as the phone power increases.

The effects are fully controllable, so it is easy to activate/deactivate based on the performance needs an target devices.

Since there are two cloud systems, it would be best to use one of each type per scene (like a volumetric cloud bed with only one particle cloud) for lower-mid range systems.

I will also post a demo APK for Android, so the system can be tested before purshase.

EDIT:
    Demo link for Android:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/MOBILE/ANDROID_DEMO2.apk

Please let me know if the demo has any issues on your end (in some cases some materials failed, even though they worked fine on my mobile)

I will post results from various user tests for reference

TEST1:
    System:
    Samsung galaxy s3
    Results: Sunny option its around 60 fps and spikes occasionally to 40 fps. The sunny mode has the full sky rendering and the volumetric cloud system. No other particle clouds were active.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

New volumetric cloud formation, motion and texture options

New terrain atmospheric scattering & fog features

UPDATE:

The two new big features for v1.5 are now almost ready for release and working great.

- New volumetric cloud motion and formation features. Turbulent and waving motion is now possible in the volumetric cloud bed, as well as various inner cloud motions and formation, like base flattening etc. New textures and styles will also be available, to further enchance the artistic options.

- Terrain (mesh & Unity) atmospheric scattering and fog emulation. Special shaders bring the connection of fog-sky to a whole new level, with full support for Unity Free & Pro. The shaders can be used on mesh as well as on Unity terrain and also on any other object (mesh version).

The new v1.5 will also include a big number of enchancements and controls for performance, enchanced ease of use and documentation, as well as two new prefabs, one with optimization for mobile and lower end systems and one with focus on realism.

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

A note on using the asset with Unity 5

There have been some changes in the collision coding, so one of the files (the collision handler) will not work out of the box. I will try to offer a fix in a zip file along with the pack in the next version and I can also send a fixed file for anyone interested in PM or email.

Remember to grab the pack while the sale is still active, the normal prices will be submitted tomorrow or on monday, so the sale will be available for a few more days.

Also if possible, please leave a review for the pack, it will be greatly appreciated and help it move forward faster.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

The sale is over, the packs are back to their regular prices.

Further offers will be posted in this thread.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

New offer starts today.

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE and leave a written review, plus a post here linking to the review name and have a chance to win Particle Dynamic Magic pack.

The winner will be randomly chosen among the reviewers and will receive a Particle Dynamic Magic voucher ($70).

Considering there is an extremely low reviewer number, chances will be great for every participant. The entries will end in the 15th and the winner will be announced in the 16th of February.

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

A note on using Sky Master ULTIMATE with Unity 5

There have been some changes in the collision coding, so one of the files (the collision handler) will not work out of the box. I can send a hotfix file for anyone interested and work around it. The issue is only happening in one specific file that handles collisions.

I will add the script as a zip file in the next update, to easilly replace if using Unity 5.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Another 5 star review for Sky Master ULTIMATE !!!

A big thanks to everyone for the support and kind comments, it really means a lot :)

A demo with the new mobile assets and the brand new height/atmopsheric scattering based fog is very close, these new effects will allow for a more complete and realistic sky-horizon-fog integration.

I also bought World composer and i plan to provide some cool terrains for use with the skies and even more complete demos.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The various cloud motion types for the One Draw Call Volumetric Clouds are ready and will come in the next update.

The shader based cloud dome is also in an advanced state and the lightning is working great, there is only some texture tiling issues to be resolved and will soon be ready for release as well.

Summary of upcoming features:

- New volumetric cloud motion and formation features. Turbulent and waving motion is now possible in the volumetric cloud bed, as well as various inner cloud motions and formation, like base flattening etc. New textures and styles will also be available, to further enchance the artistic options.

- Volumetric cloud shadows and effects. The clouds can now have shadows as well as per cloud effects like rain.

- Terrain (mesh & Unity) atmospheric scattering and fog emulation. Special shaders bring the connection of fog-sky to a whole new level, with full support for Unity Free & Pro. The shaders can be used on mesh as well as on Unity terrain and also on any other object (mesh version).

- Shader based cloud dome. Special shader for dome flat clouds, for more options to the particle flat clouds.

- Performance oriented prefab, with new optimizations, shaders and assets.

The new v1.5 will also include a big number of enchancements and controls for performance, enchanced ease of use and documentation, as well as two new prefabs, one with optimization for mobile and lower end systems and one with focus on realism.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is a quick fix for Unity 5, for anyone that needs to run the system in the new platform. Only one file needs update and a summary of the code changes required are listed below.

Quick fix for ParticleCollisionsSKYMASTER.cs

I think the line10 issue should be resolved automatically upon importing the script, but i am not sure.

Change:
    Code (csharp):
    1. L10   p11 = this.gameObject.particleSystem;
    2. to
    3. L10   p11 = GetComponent<ParticleSystem>();
    6. L17   collisionEvents = new ParticleSystem.CollisionEvent[1][];
    7. to
    8. L17   collisionEvents = new ParticleCollisionEvent[1][];
    11. L38   private ParticleSystem.ParticleCollisionEvent[][] collisionEvents;
    12. to
    13. L38   private ParticleCollisionEvent [][] collisionEvents;
    16. L207 collisionEvents[j] = new ParticleSystem.CollisionEvent[p11.safeCollisionEventSize];
    17. to
    18. L207 collisionEvents[j] = new ParticleCollisionEvent[ParticlePhysicsExtensions.GetSafeCollisionEventSize(p11)];
    According to the Unity Beta release log: ParticleSystem.safeCollisionEventSize changed to ParticleSystem.GetSafeCollisionEventSize().

If there are any other issues after the above fixes for Unity 5 to the collisions script, please let me know.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

@toto2003

The voucher for the Sky Master ULTIMATE pack seems to have an issue, if it cant be restored i will create a new voucher and send it over.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last day to take advantage of the new offer !!!!

Review and score Sky Master and have a chance to win Particle Dynamic Magic for free.

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Update on the Sky Master voucher issues. I have received an email back from Unity that the problem should have been resolved, but it still gets stuck in my voucher page, so i cannot issue the codes.

Please excuse the big delay and allow a few more days until the problem has been resolved.

Here is the reply.

Voucher page and vouchers not working - ARTnGame(NasosT.) account.
    [ref:_00D20M42f._50020icO4D:ref ]

Hi There,

Thanks for the e-mail.
    This error should have been fixed by now, can you please try again?
    Let me know if you have any further problems.

Kind regards,
    Oscar.
    Unity Support

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master with Image based lighting (IBL) and Global Illumination (GI) in Unity 5

Artistic options for skybox shader (sepia, heat haze etc, WIP)

The new update is forming to be a massive one, since Unity 5 has increased possibilities and an all brand new skybox mode is coming to the pack, for complete integration with Unity 5 and all of its features like IBL and GI.

Summary of upcoming features:

- Complete integration to Unity 5 and its IBL, GI features. Skybox shader for complete integration to Unity 5 and all its features like IBL and GI. The shader is SM2.0 so can be used on any plaform and has been tested extensively with all Unity 5 rendering modes. The system also works in both perspective and orthographics camera modes, so is ideal for 2D games as well.
    - Volumetric cloud shadows and effects. The clouds can now have shadows as well as per cloud effects like rain.
    - Shader based cloud dome. Special shader for dome flat clouds, for more options to the particle flat clouds.
    - Performance and realistic oriented prefabs, with new optimizations, shaders and assets.
    - Artistic shader options, for heat haze and other effects directly on the skybox

The new v1.5 will also include a big number of enchancements and controls for performance, enchanced ease of use and documentation and much more.

Please remember to leave a review for the pack, so i can work on bringing the next updates faster. I always see my packs as an investment developers make and every review increases this investment for everyone :) and helps me work faster on each update.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  33. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Just bought this product. I dropped the SkyMaster Earth VOLUME CLOUDS v.1.2.4 prefab into my current project, and after following the instructions, played with all of the switches and controls. Very cool effects! Of course, it throws the kitchen sink at the screen, so FPS was dropping from its usual 50 (I have a big city level I am working on) to between 7.5 to 15. Expected that as it _IS_ running through everything in the tool at he CPU/GPU.

I have read the docs, but am at a loss for how I would go about implementing the tool selectively, and perhaps schedule/randomize some of the functionality. Is there a step-by-step setup guide? What would really be cool would be a sample project from scratch video series that takes one through implementing each feature, discusses placement (Why is the big sky sphere at 0,0,0, any advantages/disadvantages to placement of objects/prefabs, scene optimization, and tips & tricks, etc.)

One of the greatest challenges that I believe most non-pro Unity users (I am a hobbyist) face is the assumptive learning curve when we adopt complex tools like these. The authors know there products, and can put together some whiz-bang kit, but noobs don't even know where to start and will be disappointed if they just drag in a demo-mode prefab that runs at top speed but has everything enabled.

I would be willing to help out, if given the appropriate direction and guidance.
    Mark

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Mark,

Thanks for buying the system. The heavy side is mostly the particle clouds and can be disabled by removing the particle rendering. In the next update more options to choose individual systems in a more streamlined way will be added. In the demo i have both the volumetric clouds and other clouds enabled. This is meant for the stronger PC machines and is what i use in my game, but in general should not be used together.

The volumetric cloud system was a later update and is separate from the simple particle clouds that the weather system uses. This system allows fly through and in the next updates will be further integrated in the weather cycle.

To sum about clouds, it is best to use clear weather (sunny in the transition menu) with the volume clouds system enabled, or disable the volume clouds and use the other ones with the other weather transitions.

The sky rendering itself is super fast and is made so that is both SM2.0 and use minimal (to almost zero) scripting, so is taking as little of the CPU as possible. The coming Unity 5 skybox mode will be as optimized as well and will be compatible with GI and IBL of Unity 5 system by default (since it is a skybox).

Some of the weather effects, like the storm are rather heavy and i will provide a more optimized prefab meant for performance in the next update. I have redone all systems and most assets in this one, so if you want the top performance this will be the prefab to start with and build upon. The main script has also many more options to set the cloud max particle numbers easilly etc

I have a step by step guide and explain most of the settings and what must change to get certain effects. Unfortunately this next update turned to a behemoth one and i did not have the time yet to release it and include this guide in the pack.

Here is a link to the PDFs, the manual is the included one, the Guide is the step by step tips (note that the main text is in page 3)

Sky Master Setup GUIDE

Sky Master Manual

Let me know for any questions that come up, i check the forum many times a day, so i can answer rather fast for anything that comes up.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last day before normal price is submitted, grab Sky Master at 30% less !!!

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Normal price has been submitted to the store and will be up in a few hours (or days).

Make sure to grab the asset while in -30% discount !!!

About the upcoming v1.5

This will be a massive update that will bring many new features, including full Unity 5 support, new Skybox shader mode, new artistic effects for the sky, shader based scatter fog and a whole new performance based asset bundle and prefab (everything reworked for performance), so will be like a whole new package added and more.

All updates are free of course for all customers :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

The update is almost ready.

The Ocean demo for Unity 5 and Unity 5 fixes for one script will be included in the "SkyMasterULTIMATE_UNITY_Update.unitypakcage" file in the asset root folder, this file should be imported in the project after Sky Master is installed and after this, the Unity 5 converter will finilize the script conversion properly.

I will be testing the system many times to make sure it works fine and release for review soon.

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Scatter fog in alien planet, coming soon in v1.5 of Sky Master

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few clarifications on the prefab draw calls and tris count.

The prefab i used has all the demo elements (GUI, trees etc) that i use as samples. The actual sky rendering and volumetric clouds take as little as 2 draw calls (skybox mode, coming in v1.5) or a few (6 draw calls) more when the dome is used (current version).

The volumetric clouds always take only one draw call.

Please excuse the non perfectly cleaned prefab, i made it that way so it can show the full sample if use, but from what i see would be best if i had a cleaned up prefab with only sky and clouds, so there is no mix with the demo and unsessesary removal if various items.

I will provide such prefabs in the next version (v1.5) and will also leave the demo prefabs, for learning and demonstration purposes.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The new prefabs are almost ready and i will try to submit the pack today.

I decided to add the ground for reference in the cleaned up prefabs, so the draw calls may be a bit more than two, but the sky with skybox shader and volumetric clouds are still just 2 draw calls (and 6 draw calls for the skydome version).

Hopefully these cleaned prefabs with the 2 draw call system will help in setting up the system from ground up, than my previous approach where i provided a full demo and needed to eliminate some of the items to fit each project.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The Unity 4 version of the new Skybox shader. Only 2 draw calls for the sky rendering and clouds.

The shader is SM2.0, so compatible with any device

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

The asset is still on sale, seems the store review is not passed yet.

Grab it while it lasts !!!!

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The complete guide of using the system with the new Skybox mode and Unity 5 has been finished and the update will soon be submitted for review.

The transition to Unity 5 is also now streamlined and requires the import of an update .unitypackage file which is included in Sky Master.

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

The massive version 1.5 update is uploaded and will soon be up on the store !!!!

Complete Unity 5 integration, only 2 draw call setup for skybox and volumetric cloud bed with any cloud number !!!, new artistic shading options and scatter fog are some of the new features.

I will post the related material soon.

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master v1.5 has been submitted and pending review !!!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE Ocean demo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/UNITY 5/SKYMASTER OCEAN DEMO.html

The demo showcases the new skybox mode integration with IBL and GI in Unity 5. The baking of indirect light did not actually finish after two days, so i will follow with a new demo when i manage to bake it properly. Still it seems to work rather nice.

Also note that the Heavy Storm is in time lapse mode, please use the other demos for the more realistic speed for clouds.

A demo for the scatter fog and new performance oriented assets will also follow later.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Upcoming feature list for v1.6

- Extra controls for the artistic skybox shader, more filters and effects library
    - Prefab manager addition, with as many prefab options as possible and the smaller systems independently provided
    - Extra details in lightning
    - Shader based cloud dome, multiple domes possibilty for depth
    - Shadows, lightning and rain from volumetric clouds
    - More motion, shading and shape blending options for volumetric clouds
    - More demo scenes, with Unity 5 effects like the version 1.5 ocean demo

Also now that Unity 5 is free and the tool is in a very advanced state, i plan to start making some cool demo scenes with complete art and for use directly as a game level. Ideas on that are welcome.

Some of these plans inluded a 2.5D style scene, for platformers, an island scene and more

The new skybox renderer works great in orthographic camera and is shader model 2.0, for maximum performance and compatibility.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

The pack will be on sale for a few more hours or days !!!

The review for v1.5 will take a few more hours or days to finish, so the asset is still at 30% discount.

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some things to clarify on performance:

The new skybox mode is taking only one draw call. There is no dome or extra scripting involved in the rendering.

The Unity 5 integration is automatic (as the system is used in Unity skybox directly) and does not use any extra scripting.

The volumetric clouds take only one draw call for any cloud number and they support fly through, they are real 3D volumetric particle clouds.

The new prefabs start from just 7 draw calls, 2 of which are the sky & volume clouds and the rest the terrain with scatter fog. I decided to add this terrain as reference, but can be erased and any terrain may be used.

The strarting poing of the system with skybox sky and volumetric cloud bed is just 2 draw calls.

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Working with Unity 5 image effects, Sky Master volumetric clouds doing sun beam occlusion.