Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Simple IK

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ZouBi27, Mar 4, 2014.

1. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

I just got your asset today, so far its been a good experience.
    However, collision does not seem to be working.
    I have a collider on my mesh renderer as well as a rigid body:
    Here is a screenshot:
    Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 1.29.28 PM.png

2. Bryan3D

Bryan3D

Just bought your asset recently. I tried to make it work with a Leap Motion rigged/skinned hand, but no go - so far. Can you recommend any other high-poly, rigged/skinned hand models that can be imported into Unity and will work with Simple IK?

3. robocognito

robocognito

Hi Takohi! Is this product supported anymore?

I built a radio set - http://imgur.com/a/EsqKY - and am trying to get the bones in the microphone cord to IK. It kind of works but the joints only move when the chain is dragged around violently, jumping from position to position. Any suggestions on achieving smooth motion?

4. Beef-Tooth

Beef-Tooth

I too am getting the jerky movements and dodgy target. I spent a lot of time getting my 6 axis robot arm to move properly without certain arms flipping or aiming in the wrong direction. But it's still unusable if I can't make it move smoothly. If I set damp to .001 it looks very smooth, but moves way too slowly. Can you please address this seemingly common issue?

Thanks

5. Krononz

Krononz

Hi, for anyone that has issues with jerky/snapping motion, trying opening the SimpleIKSolver.cs script and look for a constant float defined near the start, called IK_POS_THRESH. The default value is set to 0.125f.

This value seems to define the minimum distance between the end bone and the target position before the script will start applying the rotations to the bones.

So try reducing that value to get the IK to be more sensitive and reactive to distance. Also, remember to set the Angle Restriction Range for certain Joint Entities so that the rotations don't get too crazy and flip.

6. westingtyler

westingtyler

If this is still supported, I'd love NPCs to stop reaching for an item you are holding, and I want NPCs to stop looking at you if you move far enough away.

Maybe a float slider for effective distance from target? basically, if you are far enough away, I want the reactive joint to "give up" on the target and slowly return to its normal position.

This tool seems to already do this if you move beyond the allowed angle of a joint. Currently when i walk behind a character, the character stops look at me naturally. Let's do this for distance, too.

Currently the only way is to turn off the script or change the target, both of which create a snapping movement that is unnatural. Please add this if it's still supported, since it's a great product! If anyone else figures out how to add this to the script, I'd be very grateful, as I can't make heads or tails of it.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Vertexpoint likes this.
  7. Innovine

Innovine

What is required when creating the initial model? Do I use Blender to create robot arm parts, and then link them together with bones? Is that enough? Do I even need to create bones if I just parent the parts in the Unity heirarchy?

8. One-Zero

One-Zero

Is this work for Foot also? I need to place foots correctly touched in the ground when character is moving

9. SamRock

SamRock

Hi,

Tis asset looks great. I have an Swiming mechanim animation that has no "weapon holding" state. Using your asset can I configure the existing animation to make my character look like he is holding a weapon?

10. ZouBi27

ZouBi27

Hello and sorry for the late reply. Sure it works, as long as your model is well configured.
    If you wanna know how the plugin works before buying it, please check this tutorial:
    http://www.takohi.com/use-simple-ik-on-unity/

11. Vertexpoint

Vertexpoint

Hi,

"
    If this is still supported, I'd love NPCs to stop reaching for an item you are holding, and I want NPCs to stop looking at you if you move far enough away.

Maybe a float slider for effective distance from target? basically, if you are far enough away, I want the reactive joint to "give up" on the target and slowly return to its normal position.

This tool seems to already do this if you move beyond the allowed angle of a joint. Currently when i walk behind a character, the character stops look at me naturally. Let's do this for distance, too.

Currently the only way is to turn off the script or change the target, both of which create a snapping movement that is unnatural. Please add this if it's still supported, since it's a great product! If anyone else figures out how to add this to the script, I'd be very grateful, as I can't make heads or tails of it.

"

I second this westingstyler wrote!!!
    Recently bought this and I immediately encountered this problem.
    Could you perhaps add such a functionality so that you can interpolate between a "on" and "off" state in regards to how much a target influence the bones? A scriptable slider like script thingy to let the user define?
    I would very much appreciate such an addition! I would even pay for it as a standalone upgrade to add to this current script if you don't have much motivation to continue working on this script.

I really hope you have not abandoned this neat script!

unityunity