Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.

[RELEASED] Simple Bicycle Physics

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Xpert3D, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Simple Bicycle Physics is an E-Sports Bicycle Physics Asset built to work in new generation games. Develop High Fidelity Bicycling Games at par with some of the Triple A titles (EA). Based on the foundation of Unity Joint Physics, different kinds of bicycles can be easily ridden while maintain high performance.

Pipelines Supported: Standard, HDRP, URP and SRP.
    Platforms Supported: PC / Gamepad / Android and iOS.

Animation Rigging v1.0.0 is used for customizable IK to fit any style of riding. Procedurally / algorithmically generated IK.

Website and Support | Documentation | Rowland's Extensions

This asset packs features such as :
    Types of Two Wheelers : Road Bike, Sports Bike, BMX Bike, Tricycles, Scooters, Old Bicycles, Standard Bicycle, Penny Farthing (1800s bicycles). Large number of bicycles are supported in this package with customizable color schemes and liveries. Clean geometry from 5k-10k tris. Pivots aligned in accordance with the controller script. Separated customizable parts.

Controller Features : Power, Torque, Steer Angle, Lean Dynamics, Pedaling Dynamics, Wheel Friction, Cycling Oscillation among many others. Versatile script with a huge range of customizability. A general purpose controller script which can be extended to other types of vehicles such as motorbikes and dirtbikes.

Customize IK Style : Customizable IK Targets, Chest Sideways Motion, Hip Sideways Motion, Cycling Aggression, Body Damping on slopes, Natural Balancing Motions. All of these settings are available in a script and can be changed at runtime. This script gives a organic motion to the animations. Only 3 Humanoid Animations have been used in the asset, the rest of the motion is controlled via IK.

Supports any Custom Character : Replace the default character with any custom character. Works best with Mixamo Rigs. Built on a Mixamo Styled Rig, the asset can easily replace the character with a mixamo rig in a matter of minutes using Editor Scripts.

Editor Scripts : The Editor Scripts included in the asset can replace the cyclist and setup up your custom character within minutes. Sets up joints, IK Targets, assigns gameobjects and links the together, copies essential components, fills up rig builder from the animation rigging package) automatically in a single click.

Easy Controls : Because the script uses Input Axes (legacy), the controls are very easily modifiable to suit mobile platforms - Android and iOS. The controls can be easily modified to suit Gamepad and Controllers. Movement is easy (WASD / Arrow Keys + Shift) yet natural looking. New Input system is not yet supported.

Simple C# Scripts : Optimized and efficient scripts. Little Coding is required to modify the scripts. The scripts are well organized and neatly arranged with intuitive functions. Added comments to make scripts easier to read and understand. Physics coding is extremely easy as the asset employs a rigidbody workflow. All rigidbody functions work well on the body of every cycle.

Cycle Textures and Liveries : UV unwrapped sideways projected cycle bodies that can look great with abstract textures. Apply any stylized texture to the cycle bodies. The textures will be applied horizontally and mirrored on the other side. A few cycle liveries come out of the box for Road Bike and Sports Bike (Off-road Bike).

FPS Perspective : Ride down hills, climb mountains and race using the FPS camera style will increase the realism of the simulation. Designed using real life GoPro footage, this POV can add a new dimension in your game.

Free of cost unlimited updates and support : We will be offering all new and free updates regarding new cycle types, IK improvements, Textures and liveries for cycles, AR/VR support, bug fixes and much more. Our support email is info@aikodex.com. Please feel free to ask us your questions and we will be more than happy to attend to them.

What's there in the pack:
    + 7 bicycle variations
    + 1 Prototyping Environment
    + Controller, IK and animation scripts
    + 1 Rider with various cloth textures - Cyclist Suit (Yellow, white), White Shirt, White Shoes.
    + 3 Animations, all other are procedural
    + Editor Scripts to help setup a cutom character
    + Mobile Controller
    + Render pipeline assets
    + 8 Scenes
    + 12 page Documentation

Other related assets you can try out with this asset:
    Studio Livery Creator
    Simple Motorcycle Physics Pro

TerraUnity and mgear like this.
  2. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

[UPDATED]

- Physics updated for all slope angles.
    - Left Foot bug fixed.
    - Reversing Speed now int the inspector.
    - Rowlan's Extension added for Character Creator 3 and Character Creator 3 (Game base) character support.
    - Cyclist Setup is now in the Window Menu Item.
    - Method names corrected in CyclistAnimController.
    - Namespaces implemented. Code cleaned up. GetComponents cached.
    - Example Scenes renamed to Scenes.
    - Physics Materials names changed to make them more intuitive.
    - Will add what is not included in the description in the new draft.
    - Hill Mesh sloping downward on walls - fixed.
    - An instruction message is logged when nothing is selected rather than a NullReferenceException.
    - RightHandIKTarget - Name corrected in the BMX Prefab.
    - Documentation Updated with a video turtorial on how to setup custom characters.
    - RP Assets Updated.

Rowlan likes this.
  3. onefoxstudio

onefoxstudio

Awesome asset, I'm having a lot of fun. One thing I find missing is a suspension system; is it planned in the future or should I start rolling my own ? Thanks !

Xpert3D likes this.
  4. Rowlan

Rowlan

Using this exciting asset with NatureManufacture's awesome Mountain Environment:

5. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

We have just finalized the suspension system. It'll be there in the next update available with two new full suspension mountain bikes. Please expect the update by 02/21/2022. We'll be posting the update roster for the new list of items in a day or two.

Rowlan likes this.
  6. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Here is the new suspension system for the new bicycles:

onefoxstudio, Fibonaccov and Rowlan like this.
  7. Rowlan

Rowlan

That's awesome. Looking forward to seeing that in action on another mountain bike tour :D

Xpert3D likes this.
  8. onefoxstudio

onefoxstudio

Amaaaayzing ! Release release release ! :))

Xpert3D likes this.
  9. SickChicken

SickChicken

Hey, I'm assuming not as its not mentioned anywhere (as far as I can see) but does this asset support crashes/bails from the bike? I'm curious how you handle the player inevitably cycling off a cliff and landing face first into the dirt :)

10. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Not as of now as implementing crashes and falls will require an active ragdoll integration. We have experience in implementing an active ragdoll physics system (Simple Motorcycle Physics Pro). We'll soon be coming out with a separate asset with an upgrade path or two different controller scripts within the same asset (liable to change) to implement this. Active ragdolls were a massive hit with developers working with SMPP. We'll perfect the system for Simple Bicycle Physics.

Rowlan likes this.
  11. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Surely Rowlan. We'd appreciate a feedback on the new system, mountain bikes as well as a few surprises in the IK systems which will be rolling out with the new update as soon as the Unity Team approves the changes.

Rowlan likes this.
  12. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Happy to announce version 1.2 went live yesterday! We're yet to take out renderings of the new stuff included in the package, but the codebase should be updated.

[UPDATED]

- Bunny Hopping Trick Added. [Hold Space to charge the hope, release space to hop]
    - Procedural Impact IK added. [Ragdoll like motion on sudden momentum changes]
    - Suspension Manager Script added. Supports two full suspension mountain bikes.
    - Air stabilization added.
    - Sports biker model fully textured with helmet added.
    - A fully textured mountain bike with suspension system added.
    - A fully textured trial bike with suspension system added.
    - Inelastic falls added.
    - Reversing speed exposed in the inspector

[TO-DO] (for 1.3.x)
    - Update Mobile Controls
    - Update RP Assets Compatibility (Package without RP Assets ~100MB, with RP Assets ~300MB)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    Rowlan likes this.
  13. CoffeeOD

CoffeeOD

Is there playable demo (PC, Windows) and if not, would it be possible to get one ? I would love to test this myself and see if it feels right withing our game. While videos / images do provide good idea of the asset, I would rather test it myself.

14. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Apologies for the late reply. Sure. We'll get a demo hosted up as soon as possible on our website's Try it Out section. Just as a survey question, which rider (cyclist / Motocross styled rider) + bicycle are you looking to try out the most so we can arrange the demos in that order.

15. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

New Update v1.3!

[UPDATED]
    - New Waypoint system to add replays.
    - 3 States : Do Nothing, Record, Playback
    - Frame Skipping Added
    - Enhanced string encoding for improved performance.
    - 1 Brand new textured MTB rider with an alternative livery added with detachable helmet.
    - Input system revamped. All inputs implemented in one method.
    - Multiple rider now supported.

Rowlan likes this.
  16. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hello

do you will add walk and mount the bicycle? (like GTA)

Thanks

Xpert3D likes this.
  17. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

We are actively looking towards how we can add this feature and seamlessly integrate it with Simple Bicycle Physics. If we are able to get the animation right, we'll soon be releasing it as a free add-on.

gRtVnAUoolam1492 and claudius_I like this.
  18. egem2015

egem2015

Hi AiKodex Team,

Your asset is really amazing and i have been waiting an asset like this for 9 years.Great job!

I want to buy it But i have a question.

Do you think to add an AI feature for racing?

thanks in advance.

Sincerely King Regards.

Xpert3D likes this.
  19. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Thank you very much. We agree there is a dearth of good bicycling video games and resources. Really cannot believe EA could come out with this in 2021.

We introduced a Waypoint System (3rd video with two riders; green and red) in the last update. Is that what you are looking for?

Rowlan likes this.
  20. claudius_I

claudius_I

this is great, but also you can do this without animation only a transition black-screen

21. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

By a black-screen transition do you mean the character walks towards the bicycle, the screen fades to black and suddenly the character is on the bicycle?

22. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

New content pre-release update v1.4 teaser:

23. claudius_I

claudius_I

yes

24. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

This transition can be easily implemented. You can disable the third person character controller as soon as the trigger key is pressed to enter the bicycle and the player is in the vicinity of the bicycle. Screen fading to black is a post processing effect which can be then implemented. Following which, you can instantiate the required bicycle prefab in that position. If required, we can document this procedure in our documentation but a transition isn't a bicycle specific feature that can be generalized into this asset. Some developers may like using their own post processing packages and third person controllers.

25. claudius_I

claudius_I

yes. will be great if you add this to documentation :)

Xpert3D likes this.
  26. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Sure, we'll add it.

27. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

[UPDATED]

- New Bicycle Added - Fat Bike (MTB Type)
    - Mobile Controls changed to Button type with Sprint and BHop Options
    - Documentation Updated
    - Ground-Tyre interaction improved
    - Mid-Air Directional Sway introduced

Rowlan likes this.
  28. Rowlan

Rowlan

Excellent update. However it seems like still only the wheel is rotating, not the fork:

sbp.jpg
    bikebug.jpg
    The new model is very awesome!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    Xpert3D likes this.
  29. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Oops. Apologies, we'll fix the wheel and fork issue as soon as possible.

30. claudius_I

claudius_I

hello
    I imported with a clean instalation
    why happen this?

Thanks

Attached Files:

31. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

This is not exactly an error. When one rides a motorized two wheeler (in this case a vespa), they lift themselves up on bumpy surfaces so they do not feel a jerk that the surface delivers upwards.

The effect that you mention above can be observed in real life :

Credits: iStock

However, if you do not want the rider to get up from their seat, you can always disable it by going into the hierarchy > search for the rider > Search for the attached Inspector Script - Procedural IK Handler > Change the Hip and Chest IK range to 0.

Alternatively, you can adjust the HipIKTarget and ChestIKTarget to any position you want when the rider accelerates.

32. J2T

J2T

Fun asset, would like to see lean / wheelie's and endo's though

Xpert3D likes this.
  33. khos

khos

Hi, looks good this asset, could you let me know, are the wheels using the Unity wheel collider?

34. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

We were able to replicate this bug. Did you initialize the bike from any other transform value other than the standard position 0,0,0, rotation 0,0,0 and scale 1,1,1? If yes, then please disable Configured in World Space.

After deselecting this option, you can adjust your bike to any initial rotation on the Y axis (align it with your map path) and hit play. You should not see any wheel glitches.

For the fork and the handles, please ensure handles is an empty game object and the lower fork is attached to the lower fork inspector value. (This is because the lower fork and the handles are connected in this bike model and not disjoint like the other bike models).

Please tell us if this worked for you.

35. Rowlan

Rowlan

I can try, but all I did was drag in your demo bike and use that without further changes. Would that make a difference?

36. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Simple Bicycle Physics bike wheels do not use Unity's in built Wheel colliders. They use a system of joints to work replicate the working of a bicycle

37. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

If you did not adjust the rotation of the bike, then the "Configured in World Space setting" would not make a difference. But if you did, then the rear wheel's axis would point towards the global right instead local right, the wheel has a tendency to wobble. Please try making this change and let us know if the issue persists.

38. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Yes, this feature is in development.

J2T likes this.
  39. pierrecrot

pierrecrot

Hello, I'm using Unity 2021 and i'm trying to record and replay waypoint animation. There is no documentation about it. Can you help me please.

Thanks a lot.

40. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Sure. Here is the part of the documentation that involves setting up the waypoint procedure :

Adjust the frame increment according to your needs. A higher frame increment will consume less data but the replay will be a bit jerky, a lower frame increment value (like 1) will give you a smooth but consume more data.

Please tell us if you were able to get the replay to work.

41. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

[UPDATED]

- Animation curve for acceleration added (power exerted over input interpolation)
    - Animation curve for leaning added (custom leaning curve over input interpolation)
    - Top speed variable rectified
    - Ratio of top speed to relaxed speed added
    - Mobile controls updated
    - Configured in world space - Initialize the bicycle in any orientation
    - Bug Fix - Wheel misalignment
    - In-script documentation added
    - Description Documentation updated

Rowlan and J2T like this.
  42. cybersoft

cybersoft

I bought your asset and did some testing. So far it looks very promising. When do you plan on active ragdoll integration?

43. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Thank you. We've developed the stunt mechanics this week for the version 1.6 of the asset. The update will be live after the Asset Store approves the changes which takes about 2 business days after which we plan to integrate the active ragdoll physics. We've not yet decided on how we'll structure the project to incorporate ragdoll physics as it involves editing multiple scripts and animations. Some may want to retain the original no-fall mechanic for their game. Hopefully we can figure out the nitty-gritties and roll out the big update this month itself.

Rowlan likes this.
  44. bvonline

bvonline

Does this work with a (mini) e-scooter, where the player is standing on the board of it and accelerating with the feet on the road? Btw: I bought it already, don't know if it will mach my purpose, for what I bought it.

45. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Apologies, but Simple Bicycle Physics is only compatible with bicycles. The kind of vehicle you are describing requires a different kind of an animation set for the cyclist/rider. Although, it is possible for us to deliver a rider-less mini e-scooter if you can send us the model. We've made rider-less wheelchairs and motorcycles work with the SBP package for developers and start-ups alike.

bvonline likes this.
  46. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

[UPDATED]

Version 1.6
    - New Stunt / Tricks and Flips Physics implementation via new AirTimeSettings class
    - Stunt Mode available for Mobile Devices
    - IK handler updated with Air-Time Stunt IK
    - Dynamic Speed based Steering introduced
    - Camera Scripts updated with stunt mode camera
    - Bunny Hopping IK improvements
    - Code Optimizations

Rowlan likes this.
  47. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Known Issues:

- Rider's left leg glitches after a 360 turn when landing
    - Front suspension separation on a high angular velocity spin
    - Inability to perform stunts on a low jump

We're working on fixing these issues.

48. Rowlan

Rowlan

The wheel in the fork problem seems to be gone btw in 1.5, tried it yesterday. Thanks a lot for that! :)

Xpert3D likes this.
  49. bvonline

bvonline

Sounds good - so I will keep the asset. It will take a while, the model is not ready yet. I will talk back to you later for that.

50. Xpert3D

Xpert3D

Sure, please send us an email at info@aikodex.com at your convenience.