Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets [RELEASED] Silantro Flight Simulator

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Oyedoyin1, Mar 20, 2018.

?

Which is better in terms of "user-friendliness" and "performance"

Poll closed Aug 13, 2018.
  1. 1 giant script

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple smaller scripts

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

I knew someone would notice :D.

All the script calculations are done in metric units, but when time came to display the values i wanted to have an enum of three different units; Metric, Imperial and Customized.

Personally i like some units and i hate others, for some reason i find it awkward to see aircraft speed in m/s or altitude in meters..it just doesn't settle well. But then again i like doing my weight and force calculations in kg and N respectively.

I guess i'll put in the unit selection in v1.16, but personally i'm gonna leave my display like that :D:D

2. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

New Submarine Spitfire Flight Test. Finally solved the age long Center of gravity issue.

Antypodish likes this.
  3. Antypodish

Antypodish

It took only 7 forum pages to notice :p

Oh thats cool. I was wondering, if mixed units are also used in a scripts. But optional switch between units would be perfect. If you have / add also km/h and miles / h options, that would be spot on.

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  4. Karearea

Karearea

Sounds more like a fluid density issue ;)

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  5. Antypodish

Antypodish

Do wonder, does propeller torque, affects the roll of aircraft?

6. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yes. That option was available for selection in the beta version, but was removed so as to effectively test the Blade system that came with the pro version.

I've however restored it in version 1.16, and to make things interesting it will be dependent on the rotational direction of the propeller selected in the inspector.

7. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Bell P-39 Airacobra Flight Test

Antypodish likes this.
  8. Antypodish

Antypodish

Nice.

You probably are aware, but just in case I will drop this link here to FlightGear
    http://home.flightgear.org/about/gallery-v2-10/

I love its mechanics. So if you can in the end achieve in the end similar results, that would be cool.

Ah the question related to demo. Any reason not using keys G for gear, L for lights, B for breaks etc?

9. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

I was building a Third Person Controller (
    ) when i started development, so some key spaces were already occupied e.g G was for Grenade, B was for a function i can't really remember.

You can customize the Buttons as you want in unity tho.

I've added the Torque effect to the Blade System

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Antypodish likes this.
  10. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Messerschmitt Bf 109

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  11. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

The WWII Aircraft Setups are available for Purchase, Kindly contact me if interested.

12. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

Display units can now be set from the control board component, available options
    1. Metric units
    2. Imperial units
    3. Custom units (select individual measurement units from available options)

HeadClot88 and Antypodish like this.
  13. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Republic P-47 Thunderbolt

14. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

UPDATE

Web Demo has been updated with new aircrafts

Demo: https://oyedoyin.itch.io/silantro-flight-simulator
    Asset Link: http://u3d.as/1izY

Exotic Aircraft Setups

1. F-22 Raptor

Demo Link: https://oyedoyin.itch.io/silantro-f-22-raptor-demonstrator
    Asset Store Link: http://u3d.as/1jJL

2. F-117 Night Hawk

Demo Link: https://oyedoyin.itch.io/silantro-f-117-night-hawk-demonstrator
    Asset Store Link: http://u3d.as/1jJQ

3. Boeing VC-25 Airforce One

Demo Link: https://oyedoyin.itch.io/silantro-airforce-one-demonstrator
    Asset Store Link: http://u3d.as/1jJN

15. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

1. Semi-Active radar missiles+ advanced Target selection system

2. Internal Bomb drop

WebLab likes this.
  16. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Lockheed P-38 Lightning

17. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

Silantro Weapons System: Full Combat Test

PS: Ignore the failed landing :D:D

WebLab likes this.
  18. WebLab

WebLab

Wow, this looks gorgeous!

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  19. Antypodish

Antypodish

Nice landing.

What about machinegun weapon as an option?
    Interesting sound change with echo like, from behind, toward the video end.

Past 3:49m

20. GamePyro

GamePyro

Hello

Want ask whats the difference betwen beta and pro

and can it be upgraded by paying difference to pro like at other assets ??

also are there good ways to use you SIM as arcade or easy controllable for planes aircrafts , helis and boats ? Like for example GTA has ?

And can it work with Photon Online Multiplayer ?

Regards

21. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Its available...check this

but why would you need it on the F-22? :D:D

The Radar range is set to about 25km, and i took out those targets at around 15km+ so i pretty much didn't need a minigun, cus no airplane should get close enough for me to use it.

Its the recording software stereo mix when turning off afterburner:D

22. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

In the simplest terms..Beta gives you the basic simulator while the Pro version gives you the full simulator with all the features. The Beta will be deprecated after its next update.

Yes it can. Simply by selecting the upgrade option on the Beta asset.

Easy Controllable? If you've tried the demo, you'll see that the controls are actually very easy. But it can still be adjusted and turned to your preference:)

Its compatible with any multiplayer. The aircraft is basically a rigidbody and its position and rotation can be synced over the network. Simple commands for destruction and other functions can also be sent over the network if its required.

23. GamePyro

GamePyro

ok great thank then BETA after next update no updates anymore ?

also can be set like asked GTA style plane fly or arcade style that its not like a simulation that its morf Arcade fly.

for faster start and so on arcade style

will you also add helicopters ?

24. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yes. Its redundant since most of the features have been changed and updated. Going back to update it slows down my development.

Oh Ok. What you could do is this. Make the engines more powerful or to save time, add speed directly to the aircraft.

e.g aircraft.GetComponent<Rigidbody>().velocity = new Vector3(0,0,Takeoff Speed);
    This will make the aircraft takeoff almost immediately.

A dedicated "Rotary Wing" simulator for helicopters and the likes is already in development.

25. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Messerschmitt Bf 110

26. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Junkers Ju 87 Stuka

27. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

North American B-25 Mitchell

Willbkool_FPCS and WebLab like this.
  28. WebLab

WebLab

Have you made this only for f-22 version or for pro too?

29. GamePyro

GamePyro

I buy beta first then upgrade if all work good

also for controll etc to make it more arcade style what you suggest ?

and have you rockets with physics and maschine guns that interacts with rigidbodies ?

30. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

I'm working on a Sophisticated yet simple weapons system. It'll include a wide variety of weapons not limited to the ones needed by the flight simulator such as;
    Guided and Unguided Bombs, Rockets, Missiles (with Active, Semi-Active and Infra-red guidance), Mines, Mortars, Cannons, Miniguns, AA Guns e.t.c and to top it all up a capable Radar and Targeting system.

The weapon System will come with a simple integration link with other projects (especially to the Flight simulator) so it can be hooked up to Cars, Vans, Ships and other vehicles or what-not.

31. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Honestly i wouldn't know how to help you till you try it and make notes. Then i can guide you on how to make changes to get what you want. :)

Yes. The pro version comes with the minigun and a set of unguided rockets. See this

32. WebLab

WebLab

So, will you include this weapons such as targeting system and targeted missiles to the next pro update?:)

33. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Actually No.
    I want to keep the Flight System as "Clean" as possible. In the process of trying to integrate the weapons system....part of the flight simulator will be altered, this wouldn't be convenient for someone who wants just the flight simulator.

The solution i've come up with is to have a separate package just for the "Weapon System" which can be purchased and added to the simulator folder if needed. But then i thought; Since i'm going to have a separate package why not go crazy with it :D:D. The Weapon System will now contain a list of "Vehicular" weapons which can/will be integrated with other projects besides the Flight Simulator e.g Ships, Cars, even Submarines.

Here is a test of the 88mm Flak AA Gun

34. GamePyro

GamePyro

thanks yes bought beta need upgrade to pro for weapons etc. i see :) at this not much included :(

yes more arcade style that it can be easy with controller.
    like not need start engenie engine start when player get in and torque and brake not needed to activate / deactivate only make with at keyboard W key and can drive and when enogh speed takeoff and fly.

you can see at for example GTA 5 plane fly videos ? if you need i can make that you see you can integrate arcade mode then if want.

35. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Basically what you just described is the flight check-list
    1. Enter Aircraft
    2. Start Engines
    3. Release Brakes
    4. Increase Throttle
    5. Rotate once takeoff speed is reached.
    It doesn't matter if you're using a controller or keyboard, the flight process is the same.

You can automate some of those steps if that is what you desire. You can automatically start the engines, release brakes and do some other stuff you want once the player enters the aircraft.

Check out what Greg did with his pro version, it think that's almost what you have in GTA:)

36. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Silantro Weapon System: SAM Test

37. GamePyro

GamePyro

Thanks yeah will try and show you when we have someting.

Also at PRO i get now:

Assets/Silantro Simulator/Scripts/Aerofoil System/Control Surfaces/SilantroFlap.cs(92,31): error CS1061: Type `SilantroControls' does not contain a definition for `FlapControl' and no extension method `FlapControl' of type `SilantroControls' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

And 207 more in Console :(

at BETA not got it :(

38. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

:):):):):) No worries.

Its not actually a problem.

CAUSE
    I've combined all the aerofoil flight controls (which were separate in the BETA) into the "SilantroAerofoil.cs" in the Pro, for performance reasons. I guess you directly imported the Pro over the BETA version you had already, now the "SilantroFlap" does not exist anymore in the Pro and the Controls is trying to find it...thus the console error.

SOLUTION
    Delete the "Silantro Simulator" folder and re-import the Pro. Yeah that's right....Its that simple;);)

39. GamePyro

GamePyro

thanks sorry yeah tryed same only 1 error at some example scenes whil check it and wrote you some only tested 2 now 1 work and 1 has input errors with not / empty input names missing the first in example and 2nd work others i test then.

40. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Go to the tool menu : Oyedoyin/ Miscellaneous /Setup Input and selected according, depending on if you want to use the keyboard or a controller.

PS : You should check out this tutorial series, it'll save you further stress.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJkxX6TkFwO902w-s6pMsMQsK-_Tw7kbc

41. GamePyro

GamePyro

Thanks fixed all

onl that when shot / launch rokets they are pink and rectangle

i checked material and mesh all in there dont know why . is there also a reset button when you are in scene and crashed ?

Rocket Flame Prefab not work only pink :/

At what script should add :
    aircraft.GetComponent<Rigidbody>().velocity = new Vector3(0,0,Takeoff Speed);
    for takeoff you wrote faster to all engines / aircrafts planes or only to all extra ?

Also saw you make minigun, rockets and bomb get emptty from hierachy. have you script way for unlimited ammo ? or must at huntrets in hierachy ?

Also Third Person Demo and First Person not work :

Looks like this :https://i.gyazo.com/684fe5d07f0276944ec0391df7a1fbc6.png
    No errors.

Also they have a the First PErson Demo , Missing Prefab at Top 1st ierachy

And at both Glider Scenes this:

https://i.gyazo.com/64df69590376b545b3558fc802f77df0.png

And at the V-22 after enogh speed the Audio is mute checked but no log in console and Audio Fle for Idle is in :(

And V-22 , P-2006T and Electric Plane have no crash ?

regards

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  42. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Wow i guess deleting the folder has adverse effects :eek:. Like i had said before, the BETA and Pro are different systems, with one being a vastly upgraded version of the other. A direct overwrite will definitely have some problems. I'll add that to the "Do-not" list for the next update

SOLUTION
    1. Create a fresh project folder
    2. Import the Pro Package
    3. Copy your aircraft folders into the new project (Models and Prefabs of any aircraft you have setup already).

The second list of errors you're getting from the glider scenes is negligible. I was just testing some glide properties of the aircrafts and i always forget to remove it, its not really useful for you.

I guess i could add that in the next update.

Create a new script for it. Then assign the aircraft Rigidbody.

There is a toggle switch for it on the minigun.

It was an oversight while i was updating the 1.12 version. I've already corrected it for the next update.
    Go to Line 327 of the Turboshaft script, Change "engineSoundVolume=0f" to "EngineRun.volume = 0f"

Yes. As you might have noticed, they are all "Experimental" aircrafts....So they have some peculiar properties.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  43. GamePyro

GamePyro

will try in clean project and copy to old project then the asset folder.

work this infinite ammo also at rockets and bombs ?

and at gliders both scenes not work / not flyable.

44. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Good. If you've not configured any aircraft "DO NOT" copy any of the old folders, just leave the new import as it is.

No Just the Gun. Your aircraft can only carry the specified amount of payload its designed to carry. Check Wikipedia to see each aircrafts data.

Its a personal test file, it shouldn't be part of the package in the first place.

45. GamePyro

GamePyro

no but need that in this project i try to import it from clean project to the existing.

o so no way to use infinite ammo rockets, bombs. only when i duplicate the rockets multiple times it can make unlimited or limited with 1000 rockets or so.

oh ok will the gliders be added then when ready ?

46. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

You carry the rockets, missiles and bombs like in real life, and it has a direct effect on the aircraft weight....which would also affect the flight characteristics.

e.g The F-14 Tomcat can only carry a maximum of 8 AA Missiles to keep the weight under MTOW of around 34000kg

Yes.

47. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

Variable sweep wings coming in the next update.

F-14 First Test

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  48. Antypodish

Antypodish

In backpack? :p

Cool looking F-14.
    I love folding wings

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  49. GamePyro

GamePyro

Yes but need to make it more like GTA Style / Arcade Style to have unlimited :) rockets and bombs and gun ammo

Also the problems are fix when copy all from clean project to old existing one .

But when use your aircraft prefab in own scene get :
    Much

ArgumentException: Input Axis is not setup.
    To change the input settings use: Edit -> Project Settings -> Input
    SilantroAerofoil.Update () (at Assets/Silantro Simulator/Scripts/Aerofoil System/Silantro

And repeating every update:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SilantroController.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Silantro Simulator/Scripts/Controller/SilantroController.cs:704)

But all inputs etc in Inputmanager and at your scenes it work .

What im missing ?

Regards

50. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

You have to do that yourself. Write an automatic launcher script and make the missiles or rockets the "Projectile", then call the activation functions after creation.

The Manual.

Just take a few minutes to go through it and understand how each components work. Then try and follow the tutorial videos to setup your own aircrafts so as to avoid further stress.

PS: I'll need more info on the errors to pinpoint exactly what you're doing wrong.