Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Physics [RELEASED] Silantro Flight Simulator

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Oyedoyin1, Mar 20, 2018.

?

Which is better in terms of "user-friendliness" and "performance"

Poll closed Aug 13, 2018.
  1. 1 giant script

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple smaller scripts

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Send both project folders to my email :Silantrosimulator@gmail.com I'll see if I can create an adaptation for wingsuits.

2. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

Third person controller for "Internal-pilot" system (Enter and Exit) done.

3. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Here is what it'll look like

#UPDATE

Third Person Pilot Enter-Exit System Test

4. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

AC-130 JATO Test

5. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Hey @Oyedoyin1 -

Are carrier landings and take offs possible with Silantro flight sim?

6. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Definitely. Its just a matter of adding the required forces to simulate the catapult push and pull effect.
    e.g

Takeoff: Apply the catapult force the the forward direction ( either using Aircraft.AddForce or AddForceAtPosition using the front gear location as reference)

Landing: Apply the catapult force as done with takeoff but in the opposite direction.

PS: A much simpler component to do this will be added to one of the updates;)

7. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Are you planning the helicopter as add on to this kit or a separate unity asset all together?

8. vertigostudios

vertigostudios

Looking great so far. Do you have any intention to add some kind of waypoint system for AI aircraft.

I have some wonderful aircraft awaiting a good home :)

How does tail draggers work in the sim, are you able to steer with only prop wash or can you add an invisible tailwheel.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  9. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Honestly i've not decided yet. But its probably going to be a different asset with an integration link.

10. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Definitely. That will the part of the fully integrated Auto-pilot and VMC System.

You can set up the rear wheel to be steerable, as i did for the old Spitfire demonstrator

11. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

Enabling and Disabling aircraft system and controls now possible

//
    If the Control type is set to "Internal", the Aircraft System is disabled on start and will be re-enabled once the pilot is on board. It will be disabled again as the pilot Exits.

The Control type can be set to External if the Enter-Exit system is not required.

12. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Do you plan on integrating with Rewired so we can support more controllers [ Gamepads, Joysticks, HOTAS, flight yokes, rudder pedals, etc.]?

You can find the full list of supported controllers here for reference. You have to scroll to get to the flight controllers section in the middle.

http://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/SupportedControllers.html

If you are not familiar with Rewired you can find more details here:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/rewired-21676

13. Legend458

Legend458

Why is this asset deprecated from the asset store? The asset was on it yesterday...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  14. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Actually any controller or joystick compatible with unity can be used with the asset in its current state.

Its just a matter of configuring the Input Manager.

15. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yea, Sorry about that.

I'm currently rectifying some issues with the upgrade.

16. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

Latest additions for version 1.14

1. Enter-Exit System

2. JATO (Jet Assisted Takeoff) System

3. Unguided Rocket System

4. Rocket Motor Engine: to power JATO, Rockets, Missiles and Independent Boosters

17. Legend458

Legend458

Do you know when the asset will go back on the asset store? It looks really good! I also have a question as to how easy it is to add new aircraft?

18. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

I've already re-submitted the correct packages, it should be cleared in the coming days.

But you can contact me directly to get the asset now. Silantrosimulator@gmail.com

19. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Simply by creating a new aircraft from the gameObject menu and customizing its properties.

Or creating the aircraft from scratch with tools from the menu if you're feeling adventurous ;)

20. Legend458

Legend458

Email sent

21. Legend458

Legend458

Thanks for the reply! Looks really easy which is awesome. Just say I had an aircraft model and wanted to adapt it to your asset, would I use the from scratch system that you have pointed out?

22. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yes. There is a tutorial included in the manual on aircraft setup from scratch.

23. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

Full demonstaration of the version 1.14 update additions:)

0 - 0.23s - Entry and Engine Startup
    0.24 - 1.35 - Taxi and Runway Line-up
    1.40 - 2.00 - Takeoff Roll
    2.40 - 3.50 - New Rocket weapons and Flight Demonstration
    3.55 - 4.50 - Run way line-up for landing
    4.58 - Touch down
    5.30 -- Engine Shutdown and Exit

JRD likes this.
  24. Legend458

Legend458

I tried setting up my own aircraft using the basic way but it didn't really work? It would be great if you could upload a little tutorial showing it.

25. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

I've already recorded the tutorials, was planning on releasing it later but i guess i'll do it now.:)

26. Legend458

Legend458

Ok thanks!

27. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

First Person Enter-Exit System

28. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Here's the link to the tutorial playlist

29. Legend458

Legend458

I tried following the tutorial but my wheels for some reason (when in play-mode) go through the ground? It looks like they detach from the aircraft

30. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Woa, I'm sorry about that. It might be one of two things ;
    1. The wheel models are incorrectly setup from the 3D application
    2. The Z Axis is facing downwards

Try and mail me the project folder if you can, lemme take a look at it.

31. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

Weapons Selection Test with the new Weapons Manager

32. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

The problem is when your controller has more than 20 buttons then you are blocked by unity's input system. That was one of several reasons why Rewired came out in the first place to support controllers (e.g. HOTAS and other flight controllers) with more than 20 buttons on them. All of the good HOTAS controllers have more than 20 buttons on them. That is why I use Rewired because there is no other way support HOTAS reliably across Windows/Linux/MAC with the same functionality. Since Rewired has it own native input on Windows/Linux/MAC I do not have to worry about difference experience based on when Unity changes something.

You will have the same problem with using some of the better helicopter controllers like Pro-Flight Trainer Puma helicopter controller (which also supported by Rewired). It has more than 20 buttons also.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1279/7061/products/Puma_Back_1024x1024.jpg?v=1464237531

33. max00007

max00007

Hi. Just wondering what happened to the asset on the store?

34. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yea that' true. My default instinct was to reduce and simplify the controls when i ran into that problem. But i'll definitely check it out and work out some kind of integration.:)

35. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

I'm sorry about that, i had some issues with the update and unity advised i deprecate the asset and make a new submission.....Its been pending review for 3 days now :(:(.

The good news tho is that i'm almost done with update 1.14 with a lot of new features.:)

36. max00007

max00007

:) Glad to hear that it is an admin issues from the Unity side. You are doing a great job and the asset is a standard in my projects. In fact it replaced 3 others completley so it would have been a real showstopper if the asset would be gone. And great news that another update is comming.

I´m also using Rewired with your asset. It works without any problems and has some more advantages then just the 20+X-button controllers. I.e. Rewired interacts very well with additional assets like uScript. That again makes it easier to take your asset a little further to something like a scifi setting I am working on right now.

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  37. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Exactly the same problem. Other simulation assets like Usim have Rewired integrations included also.

You can get a free trial version of Rewired to see how it works too.

http://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/trial.html

Talk to the developer of Rewired and tell him what you plan on doing when it come integration.

Agreed.

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  38. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

The update issue has been finally resolved!!!.

The new version will come has "Silantro Flight Simulator Pro". Users who have purchased the old version can now upgrade to the new version.

Silantro Simulator : http://u3d.as/18FY
    Silantro Simulator Pro: http://u3d.as/1izY

39. Panzerking

Panzerking

I paid $39 for an asset and didn't even receive ONE update beyond the initial release without being forced to pay again? I understand paying for upgrades to major versions every once in a while, but please explain the reason for this. I've never seen an asset store developer charge for every single update. If I do not pay for the upgrade, will the version I purchased get updates? I am not very happy about this.

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  40. WebLab

WebLab

Maybe it hasn't been updated yet:). As I can see there is the version 0.5 again.

41. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Here is an example of Rewired example for a POV HAT (Joystick/gamepad/HOTAS/keyboard) so you can get an idea of what is involved with a Rewired integration. It is straight forward ...

https://forum.unity.com/threads/can...ship-or-aircraft-cockpit.455223/#post-2957041

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  42. WebLab

WebLab

And when is the ordinary 1.1 version is coming?

43. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

I'm really sorry i created the confusion, here's the full story;

The original version of the simulator (0.5) was supposed to be the beta or test version, but i opted against adding the "beta" name because i wasn't sure when i'll be done with the full release with all the intended features. That was why i named it "version 0.5" instead of "version 1.0" , where the beta will be continued as v0.5+ (stopping at v0.8) and the full version will continue as 1.0+,2.0+ e.t.c.

The main discrepancy comes due to the difference between my development time and the 5 working days it takes for unity to review submitted assets. If it wasn't so, i would have released the initial beta version as version 0.1 and made 5 updates before reaching the version 0.5 i submitted. Also i would have released the initial Full version as v1.0 and made 2 updates before reaching the version 1.121 on the store now, infact I've made alot of changes to the initial version 1.12 that i deprecated from the store and i would have uploaded 2 more updates to the current version 1.14 i'm going to submit on Friday.

So in reality anyone with the beta version should have received 5 updates before i released the Full version and people with the Full version should have received 4 updates already!!!, but if i had to wait for unity to review each of the updates my work will be significantly pegged down. This is why it looks as if i made a jump but actually it was a process and alot was going on in the background.

I guess i could have avoided this by naming the initial release "Beta", but as my luck would have it i had a lot of time within the last five months to focus on the Full version which is done and is the "Pro" version on the store now.
    Also i've submitted a patch update to the initial version (v0.61) which would fix all the issues people reported with that release, added the keyboard input configuration menu, and renamed it "Beta" to avoid future confusions.

Once again i'm really sorry.:)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  44. blacksun666

blacksun666

so the non-pro version is actually just the beta version? Does that mean that it won't get updated from now on? All future updates will be to the Pro version only? Effectively we shouldn't buy the non-pro version?

45. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yes, the features and additions update will only be for the pro version, infact i'm about to package and submit update 1.14.
    So as a new user, its advisable you get the pro version straight or you can get the beta version and upgrade later ...you're free to choose.:)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  46. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

Version 1.14

· Added 2 new controls
    - Ruddervator
    - Elevon
    · Added vectored thrust system with proper nozzle movement
    · Added 1 new engine
    -Rocket Motor
    · Updated and finished up the unguided rocket weapon
    · Added weapons stores manager
    · Added JATO system with the new rocket motor as boosters
    · Added Full Enter-Exit System

· Added Multi-Aircraft-Scene system i.e. multiple aircrafts can now be used in a single scene without shared control problems
    · Added full aircraft scalability i.e. aircraft setups can now be scaled down or up with affecting the aerofoil or other intricate systems. PS: Should only be used in cases where the model scale is incorrect or there are issues with the setup scale after completion.

47. blacksun666

blacksun666

Do you have support for propellers that fold down? There are two types Im aware of, pylon mounted ones or nose mounted ones. As well as the ability of fold them graphically I would be hoping for it to affect the drag of the aircraft?

48. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UP
    You can fold the propellers with the hydraulics system, folding the propeller with the hydraulics will have an effect on the drag of the aircraft based on your configuration.

49. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

1. New Controls Demonstration

2. Enter-Exit System Demonstration

3. JATO System Demonstration

4. New Rocket Weapons in Action

50. blacksun666

blacksun666

Was thinking of propellers like this
    and

As you can probably guess, Im after modelling a glider so anything else that would support this would be great (tow planes)