Search Unity

Physics [RELEASED] Silantro Flight Simulator

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Oyedoyin1, Mar 20, 2018.

?

Which is better in terms of "user-friendliness" and "performance"

Poll closed Aug 13, 2018.
  1. 1 giant script

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple smaller scripts

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

2. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

3. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

F-16 Test

4. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

5. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

F-18 Tests

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  6. Geqiang

Geqiang

Hello, the silantro F-16 Fighting Falcon I bought can't fly, and the F1 engine doesn't respond when starting. How can I fly like a video demonstration? Is there a problem with the latest version of the silantro flight simulator toolkit? The screenshot below is my purchase record. Can you send me the engineering documents that F16 can fly correctly?I have already sent you an email, my email is 524009004@qq.com upload_2019-12-4_10-22-41.png
    upload_2019-12-4_10-22-46.png

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  7. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Finally !!:)

The problem was that your F-16 was last updated with version 1.46, and needed to be upgraded to v2.X

I've just sent the files to you.

AlanMattano likes this.
  8. Geqiang

Geqiang

Thank you very much. The plane can fly correctly. The new flight system is great.!!It is very helpful to my project. You are really excellent software engineers。

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  9. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Helicopter Flight Tests

1. AH-1W

2. Robinson R-66

10. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Robinson VR Flight Test

11. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Spitfire Wing Composition

12. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

13. TheFlyHawk

TheFlyHawk

@Oyedoyin1
    Available examples can you provide an example for Boeing?

14. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

There is one, it's just not included in the asset

15. TheFlyHawk

TheFlyHawk

@Oyedoyin1
    Very good, I want this resource can you provide?

16. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Send me an email.

TheFlyHawk likes this.
  17. TheFlyHawk

TheFlyHawk

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  18. Barritico

Barritico

Hi.

I would like to know if with this asset I could have realistic physics for an air racing game and the difficulty to achieve it (learning curve)

(
    )

Thank you.

19. jie19961219

jie19961219

Hey, I have a problem. After I complete the basic setup of a plane according to your Youtube tutorial, my plane can take off normally,However, when I ran Unity3D and did not start it, it would unbalance to one side on the runway. I was sure that the Angle of the plane itself was ok,Sometimes it goes to the left, sometimes it goes to the right, and it still does when I build a new project and reconfigure an airplane. Any hints?

20. Barritico

Barritico

Thanks for your reply.

21. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

22. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Hello,

It's probably the wheel collider spring. If the value is not up to what is required (based on the aircraft weight), the aircraft will tend on balance itself on one of the rear wheels...just like having a flat tire in real life.

Anything between 80,000 to 150,000 should do.

23. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Hello,

Sorry, I haven't been here for a while.

Yes, as long as the aircraft models are dimensionally accurate...you'll be fine.

Regards the learning curve, a fresh setup (from model scratch) takes around 30mins - 1hr depending on your level of experience with the system. I usually start from other prefabs to save time but its more fun if you start from scratch.

Please mail me if you have other questions.

Barritico likes this.
  24. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

25. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Hover Platform Test

26. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

MiG -29 Test Flight

27. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

B-17 Flying Fortress Flight Test

28. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

29. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

B-25 Test

30. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Currently testing out some supercritical airfoil prefabs

khos and Antypodish like this.
  31. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Boeing VC-25 Test

32. khos

khos

Can I ask a question, can we simulate gliders (no engine) and thermals with Silantro Flight Simulator? How would the wind turbulence / thermal part work to keep the glider afloat?

33. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yes, and it should be quite interesting.

The core concept of the glider is quite simple, just setup your aircraft normally and select "Unpowered" as the engine type. Like this Wingsuit:

The thermal system will look something like this;

TA is Thermal A, TB is Thermal B and TC is Thermal C, I've represented the air rising with the arrows and a sample velocity is indicated.
    You can use a box or capsule collider to denote the area where the thermals act and you can get information from them to know if the aircraft is within the denoted area. You can also introduce the temperature of the thermal so that its effect on the air density within the enclosed area can be determined.

If you assume the aircraft to be flying into the thermal horizontally, the area in contact with the thermal air can be assumed to be a flat plate which can easily be determined (i.e sum of the plain surface area of the wings and control surfaces + the equivalent flat area of the aircraft fuselage). For demonstration purposes, let's assume that area Ab = 10m2
    Next, you have to determine the drag coefficient of the individual components which will be in contact with the thermal air. For the aerofoils, you can take the Cd at 90 degrees AOA and for the fuselage, you can take something between 1.12 - 1.98. Again for demonstration purposes, I'll assume the singular Cd for the whole aircraft to be 1.12.

The force exerted on a flat surface can be calculated from Ft = (Cd*A*rho*V*V)/2

If you calculate the force inside each thermal you'll get;
    FTa = 21 N
    FTb = 10 N
    FTc = 17 N

You can then apply the calculated force along the y-axis to the aircraft rigidbody.

AlanMattano and khos like this.
  34. khos

khos

Awesome, many thanks!

35. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

36. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

37. amit-chai

amit-chai

Hello! I am interested in buying your asset I want to use it for Oculus Rift/Quest. I see you have support with a short video demonstration. but I can't see if there are any tutorials on how to set it to work, or if any setup is included in the asset. this is my main reason for purchasing so please can you help?

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  38. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

All you have to do to fly "baseline" is just place the OVRCameraRig in the proper position within the aircraft and disable the default camera system...It's that quick :D:D

The new version of the simulators will have a camera system able to dynamically switch between normal view and VR

If you need to fly with the Oculus controller, you can just set the aircraft input system to custom and send the data from your VR control lever to the aircraft controller.
    Like this:

So it's all straight forward stuff, you don't have to change anything on the aircraft unless you need custom controls and even then, all you have to do is send the control values (-1 to 1 for basic controls and 0 to 1 for throttle) to the controller component.

Please mail me if you have any other questions.

39. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Sukhoi Su-47 Flight Test (Forward Swept Wing)

40. amit-chai

amit-chai

Thanks for your quick response! so the hands will control the flight? because I see a hand in the video, I mean I will want to use the controllers with hands. I am not a pillot so I just mean to use the hands to use the aircraft stick, not to use the controller buttons, but with grabbing the stick, and pressing buttons on the dashboard if its required to fly..

41. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yes, you can.

You just have to make the Stick a controllable lever (that can be grabbed and moved around). There are a lot of tutorials about that on Youtube, Some of them:

Here are some free assets that give you basic lever functionality: https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...vrtk-virtual-reality-toolkit-vr-toolkit-64131 or this: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/vr-buttons-and-levers-66520

In this video:
    you'll notice how the UI slider is driven by the lever...that's all you need to control your aircraft.
    Just attach the CustomController and send the control float value from the slider (or from the lever directly) to the aircraft

If you need button controls, just set up the buttons so that they can be pressed with your VR controller and send the command to the aircraft controller.
    e.g Light switch

VR Button Tutorial:

AlanMattano and amit-chai like this.
  42. amit-chai

amit-chai

Thanks!

43. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Oyedoyin1,
    I wish to open Silantro FS for the first time. At this point, what Unity witr VR version and rendering system is the perfect option for starting. I imagine in 2018.4 LTS and PBR standard but I wish to open Silantro and us it in its best much environment. I'm thinking that HDRP is till premature since it does not support multi-cameras.

44. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

For VR starters, I'll advise Unity 2017.4.12.

It is always better to scale up, so get it working there first then move to a newer version of Unity.

AlanMattano likes this.
  45. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Kamov Ka-52 Flight Test

46. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Thermal Imaging Tests

AlanMattano and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  47. John1515

John1515

Hey, I have made a new propellerplane. After take-off, the engine stops working after a few seconds. There is enough fuel left, so it is not empty for fuel. What could the problem be? Can the engine in this simulator "stall" in some situations? What things should I check now?

48. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

If it is a piston engine then Yes, it can "choke" during negative G manoeuvres. If it is not, then there's a possibility that the "stop" bool is being set to true.

Are you able to restart the engine after it shuts off?

49. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Quadcopter Base Test

Helicopter Hover Height Control:
    You can set the desired helicopter height and control system will automatically adjust the collective input to keep the helicopter at the set height...even during forward flight

Bartolomeus755 and AlanMattano like this.
  50. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Sikorsky S-97 Raider Full Power Test

John1515 and AlanMattano like this.