A Unity ID allows you to buy and/or subscribe to Unity products and services, shop in the Asset Store and participate
in the Unity community.
Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Oyedoyin1, Mar 20, 2018.
Not sure if this has been addressed prior, but does this system include functionality for recording of flight sessions that can be replayed?
Not really, just pure flight data.
I felt it was unnecessary since screen recorders can do the job better.
1. Testing out the new Rigidbody based gun system. The Avenger generates around 87KN of pure recoil with the PGU -14/B HEI round!!!!
2. The Radar system can now do "Per Object Tracking" where multiple targets can be identified and the best firing option for each is chosen i.e the system can now identify a ground target and Fire an AGM Missile instead of just a random missile. Note: If only AAM missiles are available and a ground target is locked, the system will warn you before launching an AAM missile.
The new Weapons system is now fully complete. Interesting Features;
1. Easier communication and smaller scripts for ease of understanding and customization
2. All available weapons can now be launched simultaneously with no switching required. i.e While tracking a ground target, you can release bombs or fire the gun while tracking a chasing aggressor, pull a full 360 and fire a missile at it.
3. Bombs can be dropped in Single or Salvo mode depending on the rack location. i.e either Internal or External
4. Multiple weapons (especially missiles) can be fired simultaneously at multiple targets which mimics the ability of the F-35 to track and attack multiple air targets at once.
and much more...
F-22 Simultaneous fire test
Semi-Active Radar System now fully functional, the missile will keep updating the target information from the parent radar whilst outside its internal radar range, then switch to Active radar for terminal guidance.
I'll advise slowing down to about 0.3-0.5x speed to see the operation and switch, it's pretty awesome
3rd Person Enter-Exit Flight Test
New Object Tracking System
Finally solved the digital PFD and MFD display integration puzzle
F-22 Raptor Tests
v2.0 is now available on the store!!
Finally got to fly this big fella
Any thoughts on an upgrade path between the both the flight and helicopter systems for thoses that own own of the systems.
I focused on making them work seamlessly together from the very beginning i.e If you have the fixed wing you should be able to import the Rotary wing and vice-versa without any problems or stress even though both are completely independent.
The only common system between both is the Weather system which is in a different folder so that when a new package is imported the old version is overwritten without throwing errors.
I still have plans to make the combination work more effectively in the future.
I meant will you have an upgrade between both systems for current users, as means of a discount to current users that wish to get the second system.
A loyalty system, many sellers do that on the asset store as a thank you to their current customers.
Oh I get you now
The thing is setting up discounts between two assets in Unity is not so straightforward. But it think I've got it figured out and it should be live sometime next month
That will be great. Thanks.
Will pick up the heli package then.
Hi I'm having some problems with the controls in the editor. When I select Oyedoyin > Fixed Wing > Misc > Setup Input, then it only says that keyboard input setup is succesful. Theer's no screen as in the documentation (see attachment).
I have a Playstation2 controller attached via USB which I would like to use, also in the editor.
The next step will be to add on screen controls. Do you have any tips on how to do that? Thanks in advance
It's this screen that I'm looking for in the post above
What I've actually done in the later updates is to combine all the controls (Keyboard + Joystick), but since the Playstation has limited buttons to handle all the controls, I choose the Logitech X3D as the default Joystick.
All you have to do is go to Input settings and change the Joystick axis (Roll, Pitch and Yaw) to match your Playstation Controller.
I've attached the Old Playstation Input manager, Extract it and copy it into a new project. Then check out the axis I used.
New Helicopter Mobile Demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ULab7nP_K08bTCHQMe7YOEq4I8d15dtT/view
2. New Weapons + MFD Display Test
3. Enter-Exit Test
4. Drone Test
New Helicopter Tutorials
1. Upgrade Tutorial
2. Full Setup Tutorial
Aha thank you. Now that I understand the new implementation (keyboard + joystick) I think that's better yes. And with help of this asset I was able to find the right numbers for each axis on the playstation controller.
About mobile: is there a unity scene with the mobile controls available? I'm rebuilding my iOS app AR Airplanes with the Silantro simulator, because the physics I have now are really really really bad
I'm considering replacing all the "Input" in SilantroController.cs with the Unity "CrossPlatformInputManager" Is that a good approach to create a mobile setup?
Its actually quite simple really;
1. Switch the Aircraft Input Type to "Custom"
2. Create a new CustomController script and assign the aircraft controller i.e
public SilantroController aircraft;
3. Use the CrossPlatformInputManager to collect control variables and then send them to the aircraft
Ah thank you for the example, I started "hacking" SilantroController but your approach is much more correct
Helicopter Weapons Test + MFD Display Update
Helicopter V2.1 is now available!!
Full Setup Tutorial
Updated Mobile Demo
EDIT: ok I made the Silantro aerofoil for the tail twice as big as in the 3D model and now it's much more steady. So now the plane is taking off! Now I have to adjust the flying controls:
The elevator/pitch seems a bit off, the plane tends to point its nose down. I guess I could trim it, but shouldn't it fly straight without trimming?
Hey I'm trying to rig an airplane that I modelled, but it won't get airborne. Instead it spins on the runway. What things should I check here? It seems to be something with the wheels. All 3 wheels are added to Silantro Gear System, and the tail wheel is checked as "steerable". The wheels also have colliders etc (I followed the youtube tutorial). But the same happens if I uncheck "steerable" for the tail wheel.
Do you have some ideas what I can check?
This looks interesting.. Usually, the spinning problem only happens on Flying wing setups (where there's nothing to absolve the excess horizontal forces). Are the wing types/positions marked correctly!?.
The youtube tutorial is kinda outdated now, I already have plans to release a new set next week.
As per the stability, a lot of variables are in play : COG position, Wing airfoil type and the sizes. You can send the the prefab to my mail and I'll check it out later.
Fixed Wing v2 Full Setup Tutorial
UH-1Y Venom Combat Test
CH-47 Test Flight
KA-52 Flight Tests
First Draft of Fenestron System Complete
Helicopter airflow analysis
1. During Stable hover i.e Vx = 0
Generated lift is balanced on both sides of the rotor.
2. Forward Speed Vx = 110 knots
1. Green Lines: Pure Lift
2. Red Lines = Incoming Airflow
3. Yellow Lines = Resultant Airflow
The rotor is rotating the in the Clockwise direction so the Advancing blade on the left side is generating more lift than the retreating blade on the right side.
Just have to develop a good hinge system to simulate the blades stalling at high speeds.
Dynamic Center of Mass System
The aircraft center of mass will now be calculated as a function of its payload (crew, equipments, weapons and cargo) as demonstrated in the video. The center of gravity (Blue Sphere) changes as the fuel is being expended.
Fuel System Upgrade
The aircraft fuel system now operates in a realistic way. Tanks can be selected as being in the wings (with left or right position selectable), body (central) or as external. The fuel selector is now also available, it can be set to;
1. Left: Fuel is used from the left tanks alone
2. Right: Fuel is used from the right tanks alone
3. External: Fuel is used from the external tanks
4. Automatic: Fuel is burnt to keep the COM as central as possible.
Fuel is burnt from Left-Central-Right. The COM (Blue Sphere) moves accordingly
F-4 Phantom II Flight Test
Junkers Ju 52 Flight Tests