A Unity ID allows you to buy and/or subscribe to Unity products and services, shop in the Asset Store and participate
in the Unity community.
Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Oyedoyin1, Mar 20, 2018.
is there a scene with some examples of working instrument dials?
one question is, if I were to instantiate a plane as a gameobject, for instance the player picks a level, loads that terrain, etc, then the aircraft gets instantiated........... will the silantro controller in the scene recognize the instantiated aircraft? Or can I make the silantro canvas and controller part of the aircraft prefab, set them up, and then instantiate them all together?
I'm trying to avoid making a level for each aircraft with the same terrain over and over again, and instead instantiate the aircraft all in one level.
Not yet. The Mk1 in v2.0 will come with it tho.
Drawing elliptical shapes with mathematical vector points in Unity alone can be extremely difficult not to talk of doing extra calculations and trying to manipulate the points for control. I've actually experimented with some weird methods but I found out that the extra lift gain/loss (The area difference for the Spitfire I tried was around 0.259 m2) in each case was not worth the extra performance dent.
So, I actually use and advice people to use multiple aerofoils to make complex wing shapes
And it has worked well so far. But if I find a way to manipulate vector points to form complex shapes without incurring a large performance cost, I'll integrate it into the system
I usually have them custom make my aircrafts because my requirements are very specific and different from what they provide by default and they charge me for that.
Please try and mail me. I have a special notification system so that I can get the requests/questions immediately and reply to them as fast as I can.
Normally if the scene is setup correctly, instantiating a new aircraft is as easy as instantiating a new Gameobject. But you will have to manually send the details of the aircraft you're currently controlling to the Display system attached to the canvas. You can check out the Enter-Exit system to find more info about that.
But to avoid unnecessary complexity (for now), you can try this;
1. Setup the aircrafts that need to be in a particular scene, for each scene
2. Deactivate the aircraft gameObject
3. When the player loads the scene, enable the aircraft and continue.
Unless It'll mess with you dev process in which case I advice checking the Enter-Exit system
The main solution to this problem is part of the things I'm currently working on. With the new system, you can instantiate an aircraft and have it in flight and ready for control immediately (Just like in Warthunder).
Thanks for all the help.
So I own that cheap $7 Sr -71 blackbird model from the asset store, it looks like a very complicated aircraft to set up airfoils for........ Do you have any advice on tackling the SR-71?
I honestly had plans to set the Blackbird, even had the model made. But I've just not had the time to build the aircraft.
The main problem isn't the wings, in fact, they're pretty simple compared to that of the F-117. And I've tested Mach 3+ flight dynamics on a special version of the F-14 Tomcat.
The problem is the propulsion and performance system. The engine powering the aircraft is pretty unique, it's a Turboram Jet which I need to develop differently. What makes that extremely difficult is how little "mathematical" data you can get on the aircraft while scouring the normal realms of the internet ( Don't want some CIA dudes knocking on my door if I dig deeper ). But I hope to get some info from some Xplane developers when I finally get the time.
For now, I'll advise you use two near triangular wings with a NACA 63-108 (xt/c = 30%, t/c = 8).... airfoil, elevon and ruddervator controls and an unrealistically powerful Turbofan Engine with full afterburners.
when is your fiat coming out? I'd pay yah for that now. I only drive fiat cars, so I'm really excited about the fiat aircraft.
I really didn't plan on releasing the setup. When do you need it?
I'll have to go back to 3ds MAX and make it customer friendly, It's basically a "factory-fresh" test aircraft in its current state
#Sneakpeek at the new stuff coming in the next update!!
1. Air Aircraft Start (You can set start speed and start altitude)
2. Full Biplane aircraft simulation with wing gap interference consideration
3. Full Ground effect simulation with lift and induced drag dependencies
And much more...
just purchased the f16 and sent you a message about it. the engine power never comes on, it will start up, but never go passed 187 thrust, and then the engine sound stops.
also the fiat would be cool for sure, whenever you are able to.
##More ground effect flight tests
1. Boeing 777
2. Fiat G.91
Grumman F-14 Tomcat Updated Flight Tests
1. Flight + Landing
2. Base Flight Test
Here's a test of the new "Silantro Magic System". With this, you can setup the Right wing and in just 3 clicks create a fully functional Left wing or stabilizer instead of having to set it up from scratch.
Helicopter Setup tutorial
Oculus VR Flight Tests
1. Bo-105 Helicopter
More VR Flight Tests
1. Mitsubishi T-2
2. Fiat G.91
T-2 Cockpit Test
Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
Messerschmitt Me 262 Sturmvogel
B-29 Superfortress VR Walkaround...It's Huge!!!
Extension slats now available
Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II
1. VTOL Mode
2. STOL Mode
3. Conventional Mode
Not sure if this has been addressed prior, but does this system include functionality for recording of flight sessions that can be replayed?
Not really, just pure flight data.
I felt it was unnecessary since screen recorders can do the job better.
1. Testing out the new Rigidbody based gun system. The Avenger generates around 87KN of pure recoil with the PGU -14/B HEI round!!!!
2. The Radar system can now do "Per Object Tracking" where multiple targets can be identified and the best firing option for each is chosen i.e the system can now identify a ground target and Fire an AGM Missile instead of just a random missile. Note: If only AAM missiles are available and a ground target is locked, the system will warn you before launching an AAM missile.
The new Weapons system is now fully complete. Interesting Features;
1. Easier communication and smaller scripts for ease of understanding and customization
2. All available weapons can now be launched simultaneously with no switching required. i.e While tracking a ground target, you can release bombs or fire the gun while tracking a chasing aggressor, pull a full 360 and fire a missile at it.
3. Bombs can be dropped in Single or Salvo mode depending on the rack location. i.e either Internal or External
4. Multiple weapons (especially missiles) can be fired simultaneously at multiple targets which mimics the ability of the F-35 to track and attack multiple air targets at once.
and much more...
F-22 Simultaneous fire test
Semi-Active Radar System now fully functional, the missile will keep updating the target information from the parent radar whilst outside its internal radar range, then switch to Active radar for terminal guidance.
I'll advise slowing down to about 0.3-0.5x speed to see the operation and switch, it's pretty awesome
3rd Person Enter-Exit Flight Test
New Object Tracking System