Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets [RELEASED] Silantro Flight Simulator

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Oyedoyin1, Mar 20, 2018.

?

Which is better in terms of "user-friendliness" and "performance"

Poll closed Aug 13, 2018.
  1. 1 giant script

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple smaller scripts

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. gl33mer

gl33mer

@Oyedoyin1 Have you had time to test sailplane behavior? Is weather fx, thermals etc. still being considered?

2. RomcioPaluszek

RomcioPaluszek

Would it be possible to discribe how COG works ? I am able to place COG at any position, but question is how inertia in roll or pitch works ? How is it calculated ? Is it based only on Angular drag ?

3. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Oh my Goodness... Send me an email silantrosimulator@gmail.com

4. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

The COG script repositions the "World center of Gravity" of the aircraft to that of the transform. Placing it further behind the nose will make the aircraft pitch quicker (might sit on its tail),the opposite happens when placed further ahead.

5. RomcioPaluszek

RomcioPaluszek

And what about inertia ?

6. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Honestly, The Unity rigidbody and collider system handled it so well I felt I didn't need to do any extra programming on it. That was part of the reasons I set up the F-14 to test out the distinctions between straight wing rolls and swept wing rolls.

A straight wing aircraft has a higher roll inertia compared to a swept one, so the F-14 will roll faster and easier when in full swept mode. You can clearly see this if you switch back to straight wing mode during a roll maneuver.

You can also increase the Roll/Pitch interia effect by increasing the angular drag value on the aircraft rigibody.

7. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Diamond DA40 Trainer

8. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Dassault Mirage III

9. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

10. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

11. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

12. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Panavia Tornado Flight Test

13. samuelbrunner

samuelbrunner

I just installed the Simulator, and it changed the colorspace to gamma, Api Compatibility level, all the built-Shader Settings, all layers gone...

I think every parameters of the project where reset to default

Well, its on a test project so no worrie

The AC-130 got a little bug, when your encrase trottle, the propellers are slowing down

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019 at 12:44 PM
  14. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Wow, I'm really sorry about that.
    Did you install an Aircraft Demonstrator? because I was very particular about the Main simulator being a "Tool" and not carrying any extra settings. So the tags and layers needed to operate will be added automatically after the first run.

But the Demonstrators come as a "Complete Project" with their own Project settings config, You can choose which ones to overwrite and which ones to ignore in the import settings. (Choosing all will overite the project settings including Layers, Tags, Shaders e.t.c in your current project).

No special high-level computations are done in the simulator so as to totally avoid having compatibility problems across different unity or C# versions.
    Here is the simulator running in Unity 2019.1 with API Level .NET 4.x

You can contact me via email if you have any further problems

15. samuelbrunner

samuelbrunner

Ok ill send you a email, just to say here, maybe is another asset doing that, i imported several differents asset, may not be your causing the bug

Also yeah it not conflicting with .net 4

16. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II

17. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

New Combat System

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  18. samuelbrunner

samuelbrunner

19. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

20. chrisk

chrisk

Awesome asset! I would love to try fighting againt AI. Are you planning on adding AI anytime soon?

21. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yes. I'm currently working on a Combat Simulator (based on the flight system). The Takeoff and navigation part of the AI is already done, I'm just left with the combat and obstacle avoidance system.
    Here is a sample video of the "AI Direct Interception" Test:

A simpler version of the AI for navigation and balancing (AutoPilot) will come with the next simulator update.

22. Fonefen

Fonefen

Hi Oyedoyin,
    I bought the asset Silantro Flight Simulator Pro, and I not found a scene where you see what appears in this video (
    ) , the speed indicators, height .. moving, and the levers moving. How can I get like this video scene with the asset?

Best

23. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

North American F-100 Super Sabre

24. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Oh Yes. The Indicators are handled by the "SilantroDial" script while the levers and Yoke/Stick is handled by the "SilantroLever" script. This and some other aircraft setup with full cockpit models are all part of paid demonstrators you can get, that's why they don't come default with the asset.

You can contact me directly if you're still having difficulty setting it up.

25. Fonefen

Fonefen

Hi,
    Thank you, I need something like a the first video that appears on the Silantro pro asset store page is this:

I can not find that scene, and I buy the asset just for that, for the option of the inner camera and the uis of the dynamic indicators. Could you help me with that?

26. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

That aircraft is also a paid demonstrator so it's not included in the asset. Do you have the aircraft/cockpit/dial/lever models? or you want this particular one.

27. Fonefen

Fonefen

I thought that the videos about the asset that I bought, Silantro Flight Simulator Pro, would be about the asset I bought, not about other assets. I bought the asset Silantro Flight Simulator Pro for the videos, specifically, to control the plane as shown in the first video.

I would need the scenes of the following videos that appear on the purchase page of the asset Silantro Flight Simulator Pro:
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9JV7KlnYl8
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=15D6-Ih3LLw
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=68V8Kz2RF-E
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=55&v=gzYXxontJJo
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=53&v=ocplO0_7WRw

It's what I was sure I was buying, I'd really appreciate it if you could share these scenes with me. I would be very satisfied. Thank you.

28. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Hi Adriano

The simulator kit comes with everything you need to make your aircraft model fly and has stated on the asset store page, it comes with 8 aircraft demonstrators free of charge (Including the P2006T and V-22 Osprey you want)

But most of the videos you see here and on my Youtube page are either Private aircraft setups (where customers pay to get a specific aircraft for their project), my personal research aicrafts or paid demonstrators you can get for your project. The paid demonstrators contain the Aircraft model + the full setup and are all ready to fly out of the box.

1. The SDB3 Dauntless is a Private Setup so I'm not allowed to share the project.
    2. The Bristol will be available on the asset store soon. Here is the link to the Web Demo: https://oyedoyin.itch.io/silantro-bristol-f2b-fighter-demonstrator
    3. Here is the Link to the Su-35: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/134975
    4. The P2006T is included in the Asset.
    5. The V-22 is also included in the asset. They are within the Experimental Aircrafts folder