Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets [RELEASED] Silantro Flight Simulator

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Oyedoyin1, Mar 20, 2018.

?

Which is better in terms of "user-friendliness" and "performance"

Poll closed Aug 13, 2018.
  1. 1 giant script

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple smaller scripts

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. gl33mer

gl33mer

@Oyedoyin1 Have you had time to test sailplane behavior? Is weather fx, thermals etc. still being considered?

2. RomcioPaluszek

RomcioPaluszek

Would it be possible to discribe how COG works ? I am able to place COG at any position, but question is how inertia in roll or pitch works ? How is it calculated ? Is it based only on Angular drag ?

3. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Oh my Goodness... Send me an email silantrosimulator@gmail.com

4. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

The COG script repositions the "World center of Gravity" of the aircraft to that of the transform. Placing it further behind the nose will make the aircraft pitch quicker (might sit on its tail),the opposite happens when placed further ahead.

5. RomcioPaluszek

RomcioPaluszek

And what about inertia ?

6. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Honestly, The Unity rigidbody and collider system handled it so well I felt I didn't need to do any extra programming on it. That was part of the reasons I set up the F-14 to test out the distinctions between straight wing rolls and swept wing rolls.

A straight wing aircraft has a higher roll inertia compared to a swept one, so the F-14 will roll faster and easier when in full swept mode. You can clearly see this if you switch back to straight wing mode during a roll maneuver.

You can also increase the Roll/Pitch interia effect by increasing the angular drag value on the aircraft rigibody.

7. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Diamond DA40 Trainer

8. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Dassault Mirage III

9. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

10. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

11. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

12. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Panavia Tornado Flight Test

13. samuelbrunner

samuelbrunner

I just installed the Simulator, and it changed the colorspace to gamma, Api Compatibility level, all the built-Shader Settings, all layers gone...

I think every parameters of the project where reset to default

Well, its on a test project so no worrie

The AC-130 got a little bug, when your encrase trottle, the propellers are slowing down

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  14. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Wow, I'm really sorry about that.
    Did you install an Aircraft Demonstrator? because I was very particular about the Main simulator being a "Tool" and not carrying any extra settings. So the tags and layers needed to operate will be added automatically after the first run.

But the Demonstrators come as a "Complete Project" with their own Project settings config, You can choose which ones to overwrite and which ones to ignore in the import settings. (Choosing all will overite the project settings including Layers, Tags, Shaders e.t.c in your current project).

No special high-level computations are done in the simulator so as to totally avoid having compatibility problems across different unity or C# versions.
    Here is the simulator running in Unity 2019.1 with API Level .NET 4.x

You can contact me via email if you have any further problems

15. samuelbrunner

samuelbrunner

Ok ill send you a email, just to say here, maybe is another asset doing that, i imported several differents asset, may not be your causing the bug

Also yeah it not conflicting with .net 4

16. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II

17. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

New Combat System

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  18. samuelbrunner

samuelbrunner

It work silantro.jpg

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  19. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

20. chrisk

chrisk

Awesome asset! I would love to try fighting againt AI. Are you planning on adding AI anytime soon?

21. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yes. I'm currently working on a Combat Simulator (based on the flight system). The Takeoff and navigation part of the AI is already done, I'm just left with the combat and obstacle avoidance system.
    Here is a sample video of the "AI Direct Interception" Test:

A simpler version of the AI for navigation and balancing (AutoPilot) will come with the next simulator update.

22. Fonefen

Fonefen

Hi Oyedoyin,
    I bought the asset Silantro Flight Simulator Pro, and I not found a scene where you see what appears in this video (
    ) , the speed indicators, height .. moving, and the levers moving. How can I get like this video scene with the asset?

Best

23. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

North American F-100 Super Sabre

24. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Oh Yes. The Indicators are handled by the "SilantroDial" script while the levers and Yoke/Stick is handled by the "SilantroLever" script. This and some other aircraft setup with full cockpit models are all part of paid demonstrators you can get, that's why they don't come default with the asset.

You can contact me directly if you're still having difficulty setting it up.

25. Fonefen

Fonefen

Hi,
    Thank you, I need something like a the first video that appears on the Silantro pro asset store page is this:

I can not find that scene, and I buy the asset just for that, for the option of the inner camera and the uis of the dynamic indicators. Could you help me with that?

26. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

That aircraft is also a paid demonstrator so it's not included in the asset. Do you have the aircraft/cockpit/dial/lever models? or you want this particular one.

27. Fonefen

Fonefen

I thought that the videos about the asset that I bought, Silantro Flight Simulator Pro, would be about the asset I bought, not about other assets. I bought the asset Silantro Flight Simulator Pro for the videos, specifically, to control the plane as shown in the first video.

I would need the scenes of the following videos that appear on the purchase page of the asset Silantro Flight Simulator Pro:
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9JV7KlnYl8
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=15D6-Ih3LLw
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=68V8Kz2RF-E
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=55&v=gzYXxontJJo
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=53&v=ocplO0_7WRw

It's what I was sure I was buying, I'd really appreciate it if you could share these scenes with me. I would be very satisfied. Thank you.

28. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Hi Adriano

The simulator kit comes with everything you need to make your aircraft model fly and has stated on the asset store page, it comes with 8 aircraft demonstrators free of charge (Including the P2006T and V-22 Osprey you want)

But most of the videos you see here and on my Youtube page are either Private aircraft setups (where customers pay to get a specific aircraft for their project), my personal research aicrafts or paid demonstrators you can get for your project. The paid demonstrators contain the Aircraft model + the full setup and are all ready to fly out of the box.

1. The SDB3 Dauntless is a Private Setup so I'm not allowed to share the project.
    2. The Bristol will be available on the asset store soon. Here is the link to the Web Demo: https://oyedoyin.itch.io/silantro-bristol-f2b-fighter-demonstrator
    3. Here is the Link to the Su-35: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/134975
    4. The P2006T is included in the Asset.
    5. The V-22 is also included in the asset. They are within the Experimental Aircrafts folder

29. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Autopilot Takeoff and Formation Flight

30. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

31. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

F-86C Sabre

32. samuelbrunner

samuelbrunner

F35 full pitch does not work, it stop rotating. Nice detail when breaking the sound barrier :)

A 10 got rear flap inverted

33. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Ahh...The F-35 is probably the most sophisticated aircraft I've actually setup to fly (maybe the new YF-23 will take its place tho). There was just so much info I needed about the aircraft and the onboard computer systems I couldn't get (for obvious reasons...don't want those FBI guys knocking on my door:D:D), especially how the aircraft balance itself during high AOA climbs and during vertical landing. So had to make some adjustments like limiting the elevator deflection to 25 degrees and equipping the jet with ruddervators to aid in climb and provide some additional pitch balance.

Here's a video of me doing a vertical climb after takeoff

The A-10 that comes by default is not eqipped with flaps at all

34. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

British Aerospace Harrier II Now done with VTOL/STOL system

Sorry the vertical landing takes so long:D

35. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

#UPDATE

Add yaw control during hover to all VTOL capable aircrafts

1. AV-8B Harrier

2. F-35 Lightning II

36. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Northrop YF-23

37. redgofighter

redgofighter

your flight simulator looks interesting i like the AI tech the

38. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

I still haven't decided upon a solution for our PS4 game RC Airplane challenge. I've been watching yours and one other but hadn't made a decision as I was never able to get your demo to work. It finally seemed to work today when I tried it and I wanted to mention that you really need some type of terrain in there. You can't get a feel for how the plane is responding without a frame of reference. The colorless flat plane just doesn't give you a sense of depth to judge how the plane is actually handling.

We're also going to need this for our current PS4 game Honor and Duty: D-Day as Thrustmaster is sending us dev kits to add support for their controller. I see you have some vintage aircraft in your demo and I wanted to ask if there were templates for these already in the asset?

My biggest concern with yours is that it seems to be almost a complete game sim and we just need certain parts. We don't need weapons, explosions, fuel systems, engine starting, etc.. We just need the flight mechanics so how hard will it be to strip out all of the unnecessary stuff and just use the base flight sim?

39. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Honestly, I've thought about that many times, but the issue of performance keeps coming up. Building for WebGL is always very tricky from a performance perspective, you can't lower the Aircraft textures too much or it'll look S***ty, using too large textures will mean more loading time e.tc The one really expendable thing I could find was the terrain and its textures.

The WWII aircraft setups are available but are not part of the ones that come packaged with the asset.

Actually, the asset a combination of different sections, kinda like a Lego construction. Its a combination of different tools that can be put together. I really don't want to have add-on packages that's why everything comes bundled together, you can use the ones you need and leave the rest.

The base requirements are Aerofoils, Wheel Colliders (Expendable) and a Thrust Source (The Engines). Everything apart from that is just an addon. The YF-23 above does not have weapons nor is it explodable, yet it flys Ok.

Customizing the engines is easy. The main function is the "Engine Calculation" which runs within FixedUpdate once the engine is started. You can just remove every other thing and call the function from Update while supplying the fuel input (Throttle). I'll help you through the process if you run into any problems. silantrosimulator@gmail.com

40. redgofighter

redgofighter

Your flight simulator has very good reviews, and says it is easy to setup, but the images i have seen about the systems
    they look very Pro Level.Can you tall me how it is Easy.Not say it is not worth i like it it is the best unity3d asset flight sim on the asset store with very go reviews.I wound like to get it soon and they are some ideas i wound love to share.

41. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

The system is designed and modeled based on accurate engineering/aerodynamic calculations. But using it in unity actually requires no extra coding/engineering or calculations, just basic knowledge of how things work. Take the engines, for example, setting it up just requires info from the engine Wikipedia page.

e.g The B-17 Wright R-1820 Cyclone Engine
    1. Go to the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_R-1820_Cyclone
    2. Get the Data

3. Create a new Engine from the Tool Menu
    4. Input the values into the engines

That's IT!!!, your engine is ready to use...No calculations, No Coding

Setting up the other parts of the aircraft is just as simple. You should watch this tutorial playlist to get the full idea of the setup process.

You can contact me if you have any problems.

42. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

Thanks for the quick reply. It sounds like this is something we'll give a try. I didn't see anything that explained the difference between the regular and pro versions. It looked like pro version just had more features we wouldn't use so I'm assuming we just need the base version if we just need the flight mechanics.

Also, have you done any profiling to know how much time your sim takes each frame? Our games are VR so they are very performance sensitive. It would be great to know how many ms your code takes for just basic flight sim mechanics. We're required to maintain 60fps (16ms time budget) and when you factor in rendering, networking, and other demands, we really only have a few ms to use for things like vehicle simulations. Ideally less than 0.75ms would be ideal for simulating 1 aircraft.

43. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Actually its more than that. The Beta is just as it's named, an unfinished version. The only reason its still on the store is that I was told I couldn't deprecate it while leaving the upgrade option until the asset has been on the store for a year (and that would be in April). A lot of core changes to the flight mechanics have been made like been able to create your own airfoil from actual sim data, all the controls have been merged into the main aerofoil script for performance, added more control surfaces, engines e.t.c
    I still haven't decided on pulling it from the store before April as I don't know if it will affect old users from being able to upgrade.

Here is a sample profiler data

As you can see I'm running baseline of 190-200fps (5ms) even though Editor Overhead is taking almost 88%, by rough calculations that'll be around 0.68ms for this particular aircraft and I'm using 4K textures with no compression/optimization so I imagine with It could still be reduced.

44. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

Thanks, I can't really read anything on that image as the text is too small. My main concern is how much time is spent on your functions in update,lateupdate, and any coroutines. If that's around .68ms then that should be fine.

45. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Sorry about that, I thought it would be legible enough. Here is a link to the data file you can load into your profiler. It contains everything you need. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v7gFDF2UYoOqMSjvqkJt9Rc2vNkLK98A/view

46. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

Thanks, that would actually be a huge help. I downloaded that rar file but I can't open it. Could you upload a .zip? That's supported natively in Windows these days. Thanks.

47. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

48. redgofighter

redgofighter

Thank you

49. redgofighter

redgofighter

Are There more Helicopter demos
    like this one

50. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

Yes, this Apache Test. But the Helicopter simulator is still a work in progress.