Search Unity

[RELEASED] ShaderOne

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by echologin, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Migueljb

Migueljb

I need to create small little nature type scenes on the quest so alot of transparency with soft alphas. Like 20 x 20 ft in diameter some can be smaller. There not to dense either just enough to feel good nothing like for desktop high end stuff. But just wanna know if I make the purchase these shaders been run on the quest to make sure they work there. I know its android but VR on the quest is using single pass rendering in Linear mode so just wanna make sure its working for that. Also its for unity 2018.4.4.

2. echologin

echologin

Yes it works on quest, it works with unity 2017-2020

And a few customers have told me its faster than LWRP/URP on quest

Also this next update will have post type effects so you do not have to use real post effects which can be slow

and has dither to reduce banding in VR

( in this is update im about to submit )

3. echologin

echologin

Hey if anyone buys this or has bought it

The new version is at the place where its usable if anyone wants to try/test the
    last few final builds... just come to my discord channel and msg me

Discord

has lots of fixes, new things like area lights, image area lights, infinite particle field, works with opengl es 2.0 and 3.0, its faster and has a LQ PBR mode that is even faster

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  4. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

Looks absolutely fantastic.

Any chance you could add Bakery Specular Lightmap/RNM/Spherical Harmonics support? Baked Specular adds so much to a scene, especially on Quest where any real-time lighting is a no-go.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/bakery-gpu-lightmapper-v1-65-released.536008/

I'm sure Frank would be happy to advise, but it's basically just a few functions that you apply to the provided lightmaps and override the Baked GI.

5. echologin

echologin

I will put it on my todo list.. want to get this huge update out 1st. ( still beta testing it )

right now i made it work where u can have baked lighting and real-time specular

6. echologin

echologin

UPDATE: Still fixing bugs .. i am on to terrain now

Had support for VSPRO and GPU Instancer in ShaderOne ( one of the top requested things ) but then realized if terrain is bugged VSPRO support is kinda useless so i am also going over last big issue with ShaderOne which is terrain

The way terrain was did not work well and had many bugs so now its a separate shader
    and shaderone also makes a basemap shader for far away unity terrain ( this did not work at all before )

**terrain also has snow accumulation now

This might have took half a year but it will be solid after this update ...

Anyways back to work i go

toto2003 and hopeful like this.
  7. echologin

echologin

Here is a quick video I made using the updated terrain with new Infinite Particle Field
    Just so you know im not slacking off

Terrain is generated as a separate shader now and has more customizable features

The snow is just made from a solid color and one normal map .. the dissolve pattern is calculated from the normal map so you do not need a separate texture for that ( but you can use a separate RGB image with dissolve on alpha if you want to, so you can do moss or sand or anything )

This is all in the forthcoming update not what is in store version

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    hippocoder, ChinChiaYeh and toto2003 like this.
  8. toto2003

toto2003

awesome work, when will it be available in the asset store? i m eager to test it especially the realtime area light, on a side note i had some visual bug while spawning prefab over time with the latest version of that shader not sure what causing that, it only happen later on the spawning, i ll try to invastigate that a bit futher and might come back to you later, but again awesome work.
    Cheers.

echologin likes this.
  9. echologin

echologin

Should not be long now...

10. magique

magique

@echologin Will you be providing an update that works with URP on 2019.3?

[EDIT]
    Or is this supposed to replace URP? If so, does ShaderOne batch on shaders instead of material?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  11. echologin

echologin

I think i answered you on discord... if not here is answer

Its like its own RP ( ShaderOne does its own lighting ) and its faster than URP or HDRP ... and if i ever get this update out it will be even faster

Plan is to make my own real RP down the road

magique likes this.
  12. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Can I get the latest shader one Version please for testing my beta with PC standalone and Android?
    Or does it make sense to use the latest one from the store?

Thanks a lot!

13. echologin

echologin

hi sorry for delay... i am doing some contract work ATM ... the current update needs some work to be usable

goto my discord channel i post updates there more often than here ( its in my sig )

14. michelhabib

michelhabib

suddenly i am getting this, and it's taking very long time to compile. Also, i haven't received any updates since July 2019. I am on 2019.1, but just wondering what happened to the udpates?
    upload_2020-2-24_17-5-32.png

15. echologin

echologin

I think i talked to you in discord...

Here is answer for everyone ... Back in July when it was on Sale I had a bunch of bug reports and found design flaws so I had to re-work ShaderOne in a major way and also have to do contract work to pay the bills

Update is almost done just have to finish this contract work before i can go back to shaderone

update does use less keywords ( which is what the problem is in your screenshot )

To use less keywords use less "Material Selectable" options on Generator and use ShaderOne lighting pipeline
    and only turn on things in generator that you will use.

16. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hey,

I wondered if there's going to be a ShaderTwo?

17. echologin

echologin

hippocoder likes this.
  18. michelhabib

michelhabib

Thanks for the update here and on Discord, i found out about discord channel after i posted here! will be waiting for the new updates :)

echologin likes this.
  19. CF-Games

CF-Games

Hello,

My game is using DunGen to generate levels, which are made up of a bunch of prefab rooms with just walls, ceiling, and floor. Since the levels and props in the rooms are generated at runtime, I have to use real time lights and shadows. Each room can have anywhere from 4 to 16 point lights (depending on the size of the room) in them each with a small radius. I was originally using deferred rendering, but since this game will be for mobile, I read that deferred rendering uses too much resources and that I should use forward instead. So I'm currently using forward rendering and have been trying to use ShaderOne, but have been having some issues.

I'm using Unity 2019.3.3, with ShaderOne_Lighting render pipeline, and cameras set to use forward rendering. The first issue I noticed is that after switching from Unity's Standard shader to ShaderOne, the material appears a lot darker (even in the material preview) and real time lights and shadows don't seem to affect it. I even unchecked the "Disable Unity Lights" in the ShaderOneManager. The material also seems semi-transparent when using Unity's post processing ambient occlusion even though I set it to Solid.

Another issue I had is that a lot of effects like Emission and Chromatic Aberration menus won't expand. They stay collapsed and when I click on them, nothing happens. If emission is just suppose to be a checkbox, how can I specify what emission texture and color to use?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  20. echologin

echologin

Hi do you have discord ?

if so message me there .. my channel is in my sig below ( need more info and can send you update when its ready )

The window not expanding is a bug on windows with the GUI ( will be fixed in update )

Are you sure you are not still in differed mode ? shaderone will have issues like you described if that is still set

21. CF-Games

CF-Games

I figured out that the lights need to have the Shader One Light component for it to affect the materials using ShaderOne. I didn't know about this before because it wasn't in the readme. It looks like the ShaderOneManager adds those automatically to all the lights, but since my levels are procedurally generated, ShaderOneManager wasn't able to add the component to those lights. It only added it to my player flashlight since the player starts already in the scene.

The lights also doesn't seem to work with light cookies. Is there a way to use cookies with ShaderOne Lights? The intensities of the lights also seem brighter than what I had set on the Unity light.

Is there a way I can make sure that I'm using forward rendering? I manually set that on my camera, but the ambient occlusion post processing effect is still visible behind materials using ShaderOne.

I'll wait for the official update from the Asset Store. Hopefully it won't be long after you finish your contract work.

22. echologin

echologin

Sorry for delay been doing some side work ( almost done )

Cookies do not work in shader one but update will have area image lights which are kinda like cookies just better ;)

Im not sure but doesnt some of the AO post fx require deferred ?

23. echologin

echologin

Ok I am back on ShaderOne

Took a break and did the object and water shaders for Gaia Pro
    ShaderOne update was taking longer than I ever thought so i had to do some side work
    and needed I a break.

"GAIA PRO is a professional terrain and scene generation and streaming system for Unity that allows you to create stunning mobile, vr, desktop and console scenes in minutes!"

Asset Store Link

24. echologin

echologin

Is there anyone still using unity 2017 with shaderone ? thinking about making base version 2018.4

25. toto2003

toto2003

i would vote for supporting the latest available version of unity first :)

26. echologin

echologin

Already works with up to 2020 . i want to drop 2017 support

27. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I am using Unity 2019.3.

echologin likes this.
  28. toto2003

toto2003

Does shaderone support projector and lensflare? I didn't manage to make it work, but work fine on built in renderer. I m using the 2019.3.

29. hopeful

hopeful

I am trying to only use LTS versions. I'm on 2018 LTS and will jump to 2019 LTS if it ever gets here.

I'd be fine with moving away from 2017 LTS, though it IS the last version where substance was fully supported. (Maybe for your next side job you can contact Allegorithmic and see about fixing Substance. lol)

Recon03 and echologin like this.
  30. echologin

echologin

Right now you can hack it to use projector by adding a line to shader .. but i will make that an option in the generator soon

What do you mean by lens flare like changing the render queue ?

31. toto2003

toto2003

on the componant of the light you can add a flare.
    see the pic below.

Attached Files:

32. echologin

echologin

i dont see why it would not work if you use a non solid blend mode

ill test that as soon as i fixed all the bugs and get it working again

33. MorpheusXI

MorpheusXI

Ref dropping 2017.# I'm using 2019.2 and would only drop back to 2018.4 LTS if needed. I will move to latest Unity 2020.# in 2021 Q1 and follow this pattern each year to avoid Unity bugs.

Ref Vegetation work, I see you mention wind is there with bug (to be resolved), is Unity grass bend on the Roadmap and or season change of vegetation.

34. echologin

echologin

I think im gonna submit with 2018 but ill leave in the 2017 support for now

i will add those 2 things to my roadmap

Come to my discord channel in my sig i am always there but only check forums every few days

MorpheusXI likes this.
  35. Barliesque

Barliesque

36. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

@Barliesque Still waiting on the update that's going to fix all the known issues with the current asset store version. Once that's out I'll be happy to test that out for you.

Barliesque and hopeful like this.
  37. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Is ShaderOne still alive? I would like to use it for my new shiny metal in space shooter :)

38. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Yes, very much so. It's worth joining the discord for more regular updates. https://discord.gg/qxTx5gf @echologin is super responsive there. Life and work getting in the way of that long awaited update but I'm pretty sure it will be worth the wait.

toto2003 likes this.
  39. echologin

echologin

Yeah its alive I been doing contract work since basically Christmas and i am almost done
    be back on shader one soon

And most of what im doing will benefit ShaderOne down the road

40. echologin

echologin

I am only one person ATM

toto2003 likes this.
  41. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Yes I am also only one person lol :D
    I would even say all the time...

echologin and toto2003 like this.
  42. echologin

echologin

been back on ShaderOne finally just got Spot Image Lights working

just gotta test some and i will finally submit this update to store

43. toto2003

toto2003

really looking forward that BIG BIG BIG update! :)

44. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Any plans to do some tutorials?

45. echologin

echologin

After I get this update out ... i am going to do some major changes but ill keep this version around to fix bugs in case anyone is using it

I want to make it make single use shaders not a mega/uber shader which would solve the keyword problems and make it more modular and easier to add new features

46. echologin

echologin

Yeah when its not constantly changing ... in the meantime any questions just ask

47. CF-Games

CF-Games

Can ShaderOne be used for visualization of a cone of vision? I'm trying to do something like this, but with the lighter color being areas where the player will be spotted if standing: https://github.com/joscanper/unity_coneofsightfx

The current version of that has the lighter color visible even behind high objects, which the npc obviously can't see past. The lighter color should only be visible for areas where the player can be seen if standing. So basically behind obstacles up to a certain height. It also needs to work on mobile, which I'm not sure that one does since it uses depth textures. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any assets available for displaying a cone of vision like how Commandos or Shadow Tactics does it. Most of the ones I found are using multiple raycasts and don't account for elevation.

48. echologin

echologin

That would be more than just a shader... it looks like its almost using a shadowing method which would need another camera...or ray marching in shader ( that would be slow )

u could fake it by using an image light pointing down with shaderone but the line of sight thing would be complex problem to solve

49. CF-Games

CF-Games

He explains how he created it in this video:

I tried contacting him a month or two ago about if he can modify the shader to not render the lighter color if objects are taller than a certain height, but never got a reply.

It's weird how they were able to do this in an old game like Commandos, but there's still no public solution for this today.

50. echologin

echologin

Here is what you can do with the image lights in next update.. which is kinda like that but it cant take line of sight into account ...i will watch that video now