A Unity ID allows you to buy and/or subscribe to Unity products and services, shop in the Asset Store and participate
in the Unity community.
Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by echologin, Sep 8, 2018.
Can you post link too webgl demo??
Tomorrow I will make one about to goto sleep
I'm still waiting for the new price to show up. I'll be grabbing it right away.
Unity said I did not word the sale "text" properly so I had to re-submit
( they don't tell you exactly what you did wrong so u have to guess )
Hopefully by tomorrow
I think if the price drop is tied to the approval of the update. I am not sure, but I think you can change the
price anytime you want with in reason.
Here is link to Demo1 from ShaderOne as a WebGL2.0 app
Reflections are not as good in WebGL but there is nothing i can do about that, but everything else seems to work properly even the 3D Volumetric fog
The webGL looks good I think.
v0.25 is out and on SALE
all fixes and changes so far
* fixed: Animation not working on layer 3
* fixed: UV's getting messed up with baked lighting
* fixed: uses a few less shader keywords
* fixed: instancing error in unity 2017/2018
* fixed: bug with intersect effect
* added: rimlighting can optionally be injected into lighting ( fast fake SSS )
* added: Camera look ahead for shaderOne light sorting
* added: Tint lightmaps ( Day/Night/Weather change )
* added: per layer translucent option (SSS)
* changed: require MaterialControl Script for random UV option
* changed: order of channel mapping enum
* fixed: Issue when mixing Vertex and Point lighting
* fixed: Issue with light probes
* fixed: Issue in ShaderOne lighting with Shadows
* fixed: shadow issue with diffuse wrap mode
* fixed: error when baking lighting
* added: Diffuse wrap amount slider on material
* added: Diffuse wrap energy conserving mode
* added: Multiply diffuse mode
* added: Ability to turn on and off zwrite for non solid blend modes
* added: Tool to combine textures into surfacemap ( WIP )
* changed: Dir lights set as not important will get calulated as light probes
* fixed: issue with vertex lighting
* fixed: issue with vertex specular
* fixed: issue when using more than 1 dir light with shadows on
* added: forces alpha to 1.0 when alpha channel is used for effect
* added: can read SurfaceMap per vertex with per vertex ( WIP )
* fixed: Lighting did not work with SceneView lighting
* fixed: Bug with scaling of Ambient Occlusion
* fixed: Bug with scaling of Normal Maps
* fixed: Shader error when using Ambient Occlusion
* fixed: Bug when specular was off in PBR mode
* fixed: Bug in specular that made it too dark
* fixed: Specular is now faster
* added: Alpha cutoff slider for CUTOUT blend mode
* added: Dithering option
* added: Wrap Diffuse lighting mode
* changed: Moved some code around to make things neater
* fixed: crash in Unity 2017 when building with PBR off
* fixed: Issue not picking correct additive blend mode when switching from another shader
* fixed: Brightness issue with rim-lighting
* fixed: Intersection not working when shadows not checked on generator
* fixed: Normal-map not UV animating if there was no layer main texture
* fixed: Version number showing zero on Generator
* fixed: Sometimes things would not get affected by Warp/Curving World
* fixed: Null reference error if ShaderOneMaterialControl was on invalid Mesh
* fixed: error in shader when using unlit mask
* fixed: error with progress/dissolve feature
* fixed: error when building app when vertex lights where in use
* added: option to add scale values for normal maps and ambient occlusion
* added: Shield example in demo3 and a small music loop
* added: Shaderone Detects new install or upgrade and lets you generate shader
* changed: all layer options are visible even if you have no texture set
* changed: Demo2 now uses forward rendering
* changed: Intersect default color is now White
* fixed: Issue when using particles
* fixed: Issue with blend modes
* fixed: Applying Ambient Occlusion more than once
* fixed: applying Pre-Multiplied Alpha more than once
* fixed: Issue with PBR mode where material would turn black
* fixed: Specular was not being applied correctly
* fixed: Multiple lights did not work in forward rendering
* fixed: Issue when using blend modes that needed pre-multiplied alpha
* fixed: Material editor not updating changes
* fixed: issue where unlit mode turned black
* added: One more addtive blend mode
* added: ShadowCaster for cutout mode
* added: PBR toggle on material
* added: Generator reimports materials and sets keywords when you generate shader
* added: Reimport Material button on Generator
* added: Optimizations
* changed: Moved all shader keywords/settings methods into its own class
* changed: Made additive blend modes work just like unity ones of same name
*fixed: Crash if you pressed cancel when saving settings
*fixed: Generate would not re-import shader if ShaderOne folder was moved
*fixed: Somethings would not update on material when Generating shader
*added: UV World Mapping
*added: Display version # in Generator
*Fixed: Slowdown in MaterialEditor GUI
*Fixed: Error when building shader with all settings on LOW/FASTEST settings
*Fixed: Vertex color and vertex lighting bug
*Fixed: Instancing bug for unity 2017 and 2018
*Change: Lightprobes are on by default now
Fixed: Vertex colors not working when unlit
Fixed: Issue with Particles
Fixed: Crash when building app bug
Fixed: Crash when no camera tagged as MainCamera
I haven't had a chance to play with it (I will this evening) but here are some things I'd love to see:
Triplanar (or at least world space UVtiling)
Translucency/Ghosting - A couple of my games will include ghosts.
Double sided texturing
Hopefully I don't sound too needy and I know these are fairly common shaders but I like the idea of this being an all-in-one shader, plus, your skill set makes your shaders look and perform great (I was really impressed with your OpenGL demo.)
It does have World UV mapping which is fast and close to Triplanar ( Real Triplanar has 3 texture reads per layer, per normal map, per surfacemap, which makes it very very slow )
I just added Per Layer Translucent (SSS) in latest version
And you can turn off culling to make both sides render
Awesome! I know I probably should have waited to play with the asset before making requests but I'm just a little excited to work with this (and I have to wait until this evening.)
Thanks for the answers!
Any Questions just ask here or better goto the discord channel in my sig
( im there almost always except when sleeping )
Almost have my new asset done
So i should be starting on VSPro support and rework terrain very soon
The new terrain system, in 2018.3 x I love it... the terrain looks so much better now.
it still uses same shaders ?
I think it does yes. I am not 100 % sure about the terrain .. right now if you get the latest
To me this is so good, I won't go back to 2017.4 .. I will wait for the devs to catch up to this version.
I had seen in one of the forums that they maybe going to do the same with 2018 ..
they will end up doing 2018.4 LTS, but that is just a post from some one not in the know, so it is just guessing, unless you are privy to Unity's Plans
Happy New Year !
it uses the same shader as of right now. ( May change but doubt it)
thats good i would hate to have to make 2 versions of terrain shader
Happy New Years!!!
Thank you for the great asset!
np thanks for buying it !
Just submitted change to make price go back to $42 usd. ( might still be able to get it for 21 for a while )
I have an update i will submit soon that fixed a few bugs in specular workflow
v0.26 is on asset store
UPDATE: I am making ShaderOne optimize settings on build
So no matter what you have checked in generator it will only compile what options are used in Project and reduce shader keyword use. This will significantly speed up compile/build times
Once that works and is tested I can make a simple Generator mode so users don't have to deal with all the options and you will not lose any functionality
If anyone that bought ShaderOne can test this new version with the optimizer
msg me your invoice # or come to the discord channel in my sig
* fixed: Multi edit material bug
* fixed: Optimized lighting
* fixed Bug in demos when generating shader
* fixed: Error when using ShaderOne with Unity Terrain
* fixed: Setting 3d fog texture when its not needed
* fixed: Rare compile error when using shadows and shaderone lighting
* changed: Default volumetric 3D fog texture is 32x32x16. HQ texture is in Resources
* changed: Volumetric 3D fog textures can be HQ or LQ.
* changed: Fog designer can now make LQ or HQ fog textures
* changed: All fog textures use half as much vram
* added: Option to turn off shader keywords for lighting
* added: Settings optimizing on build ( faster builds and less keywords )
will have to remake any FOG Textures made with the FOG Designer
Deleting as it is no longer an issue. Thanks anyway.
v.028 is on asset store
* fixed: error when using world UV mapping
* fixed: bug with specular workflow where spec color would always be white
* fixed: bug where shader was doing some translucent math when it was not on
* fixed: bug where layers 1 and 2 specular maps would be reading Layer0 specmap
* changed: SurfaceMap, AlphaMap and SpecularMap channel options now say OFF instead of EMPTY
Added a FOG offset so if your using a sky mesh that is far off you can start the 3d fog ray cast closer
( looks better ) I will submit update in next few days after its tested
Will be working on making terrain have more features soon and will add VSPRO support
just been trying to get a new asset done .. which i should be submitting tonight ( taking longer than i ever thought )
My New Asset is on store now
LINK to Unity thread
Back on Shader One now
@echologin - Is it possible to use texture arrays with ShaderOne? If not, is it on the roadmap?
Maybe there are other ways of going about it, but I was thinking a texture array would be a good way to apply a palette of colors.
i was going to use texture arrays for when i redo Terrain
i guess it could be used to have more layers as well
* fixed: bug with shadows when using a mixed mode light
* fixed: issue with lightmaps and dynamic lightmaps
* fixed: issue with lightmapping when shadows are off
* added: fog ray march offset for using a mesh skybox
will be uploading another update Sunday night ( fixed a bug with rim lighting )
( and submitting a 3rd new asset )
Google mistakenly blacklisted my website and the WEBGL demo would bring up a MALICIOUS SITE warning
This has been resolved with Google and demos work fine again. There is no malicious software on my website
To be extra safe I moved all my webgl demos to a new server!
Hey sorry I am a bit behind I had an accident and was incapacitated for over a month
Tripped on a network cable and fell into my iguana cage, broke my ribs and hurt my neck
Yes i am accident prone
Ill get the next update submitted as soon as i can
@echologin Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you are doing well again. Thanks for the update.
Crikey! You're lucky your iguana is a vegetarian.
That's why your mother always told you to tidy up your room!
Your iguana cage must be extra sturdy to brake your ribs!
it was the hard table it was on and the cage ( i was trying to protect my iguana which i was holding when i fell )
in the last 2 years I had a battle axe almost chop my big toe off and had my desk fall on my foot ... then this
Hopefully your iguana is okay.
she is fine .. and i put the network cables along wall now instead of all over floor
almost fell a second time the way it was
Wound up going to hospital because pain was getting worse ...
Supposedly i have a herniated disc in my neck
feeling better maybe i can get back to work soon
Best of luck with that! Pain is no fun.
Can this be used on vegetation with wind and also work on mobile hardware? Any examples of a vegetation shader would be great.
I am going to redo how i do vegetation soon ( if I can stop falling into things and breaking bones lol )
and it all works on mobile
Will be submitting an update soon with some fixes
v0.30 is on store and fixes issues with unity 2018 and 2019 !
Fixed a lot more issues with unity 2019 and added shadow fade with distance option
Will submit next update sunday
if anyone wants to test it PM me your invoice # here or on discord