Search Unity

[RELEASED] SECTR CORE: Sector Creation Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MakeCodeNow, Feb 21, 2014.

1. hopeful

hopeful

Best of luck to all! :)

2. MakeCodeNow

MakeCodeNow

Thanks! And don't worry. I'm not going anywhere for a while yet :)

HeadClot88 and hopeful like this.
  3. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

SALE SALE SALE!!!

All Procedural Worlds Assets Are on Sale for 25% off - Including our recent SECTR acquisition!!

Plus - to sweeten the deal - we also have a stellar bunch of updates!!

Gaia 1.8.0 update is live:
    • Added Mac 16 bit raw import
    • Added 8 bit raw file import
    • U2018 related fixes due to changed API's related to spawning prefabs
    • Turned off automatic lightmap baking when creating news scenes
    • Improvement to bounds based collision checking
    • Added Terrain Utilities to Main menu to highlight it
    • Reorganised More menus to make them more understandable
    • Minor usability tweaks
    GeNa 2.0.0 Upgrade is live ($20 for purchases > 90 days ago, free otherwise):
    • Paintbrush painting mode
    • New layer based spawning system & improvements
    • Vastly improved bounds based collision checking
    • Vastly improved rotation algorithm when doing fences
    • New Min and Max spawn height capability & visualizations
    • Height offset modification for collisions
    • Seamless support for SECTR
    • Preliminary Vegetation Studio support
    • Improved help system
    • Fully 2018.x compatible
    • Better defaults.
    CTS 1.8.0 update is live:
    • New material & shader caching system
    • Use of material enable materials shared between terrains
    • New cached shader id system to speed up updates
    • Better registration / deregistration system for multitile
    • Component menu workarounds : CTS moved to GameObject menu
    • Terrain now world space instead of vertex space (prelude to mesh blending)
    • Improved terrain normals generation
    • Moves shaders from Resources to Shaders directory to stop excessive compile times . Reorganised texture and profile directories
    • Latest shader updates / amplify bug fixes
    SECTR will be updated in next few days (currently in test)
    • Seamless support for Gaia terrains
    • Seamless support for CTS
    • New suite of Video Tutorials
    With all this new coolness, a bunch of new video tutorials will also come out later this week...

HUMBLE BUNDLE SALE

If you haven't already heard about it then do yourself a favor and check out the amazing Humble Bundle Sale! $15 gets you a bunch of cool games, a set of game dev courses valued at $600, and a whole bunch of premium unity assets.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  4. MarkTheDecrepit

MarkTheDecrepit

I'm trying to load the demo scenes, and both the OpenWorld and the SimpleScene generate an "Input Axis Mouse X is not setup" error. The input manager shows mouse_axis_0 for the X axis, so I'm at a loss for ideas. Probably something simple, but beyond me. What am I missing?

Thanks.

5. Shawn67

Shawn67

Hi Mark. Is this in a new or pre-existing project? And is it safe to assume that you are installing from the free Sectr Core product or are you installing from Sectr Complete. Also, what version of Unity and build target are you using. I haven't seen this problem personally but have experienced similar issues with other assets when I don't import project settings. It has been awhile since I've installed Sectr but have always used Sectr Complete. I want to make sure I am doing the same as you as I try to replicate the problem and come up with a solution.

6. MarkTheDecrepit

MarkTheDecrepit

Hi Shawn67,
    It's a new project with the free Sectr Core product, Unity 2018.2.0b1, target platform is Windows. I want ultimately to create a large worldspace, but I've got nothing yet.

Thanks for the help!

[Update below]

Well, I probably should have tried this first, but I just started a new project with nothing but Sectr Core and Unity's Standard Assets, and I no longer have the error. It must be with either one of the other assets I loaded in the first project, or with the interaction between those assets.

In any case, Sectr Core seems to be working correctly. Sorry for taking up your time on this.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  7. Shawn67

Shawn67

No problem at all! I'm glad you have it working now. Now to figure out when you start adding assets, which one you start noticing the problem afterwards. Would love to know if you find one of them causes the issue to come back so we can try to figure out if there is an issue that can be fixed either by us or the other asset's publish so people no longer encounter the issue.

8. MarkTheDecrepit

MarkTheDecrepit

It's something to do with Unreal FPS, which doesn't seem to work if Unity's Standard Assets are loaded. (It works fine as long as the Standard Assets are not loaded.) It seems Sectr Core, on the other hand, must require Unity's Standard Assets.

That's just FYI: I don't expect you to expend any time trying to troubleshoot this one. Thanks.

9. p_hergott

p_hergott

I have an open world project, but i am starting to to get some serious performance issues. my vegetation atm is too detailed and it looks like i am going to have to cut it back. Everything has LODs. And i was wondering. Is sectr better than using LODs? Or in conjunction with em. If an LODs culls objects at X distance. How would sectr improve my performance?

10. DigitalGlass

DigitalGlass

will the new sectr handle rebasing the world origin?

11. Shawn67

Shawn67

I think it will but I'm not 100% sure of all of the why's. I've only really played around with Sectr Stream within the complete package just for asset testing and building my own little world. I referred your ticket to Adam and added a link to this thread just now. You may want to jump on our Discord server and ask in the #sectr channel. I know we have at least one regular user in there who could probably answer your question and give you lots of examples. Just click the chat link in my signature and you can find the #sectr channel without the OUR PRODUCTS group.

I'm pretty sure this is one of the issues the team is trying to resolve for the release in addition to building in better support within Sectr for our other core products. I at least know it is something they are looking into.

12. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

In some scenarios yes... we can not give you a definitive answer because every scene and setup is so different.

No. Its on the roadmap. Next release is pure Gaia and CTS integration.

Shawn67 and DigitalGlass like this.
  13. swredcam

swredcam

The Core manual mentions including objects "placed on top of the terrain". I assume this means individual objects, not terrain trees or terrain details. Is that correct? And would all of the above be included in a proxy?

14. voncarp

voncarp

I haven’t check recently but before what sector did was create a bounding box on each terrain after it was split. All objects within those bounds would be sectorized into their respective scenes. One flaw was that objects that overlapped two bounding boxes would not be secotorized. For example, if you had a house that sat on the edges of the split it would not be included in the scenes.

Terrain trees and details data are stored in the terrain. And this data was sectorized and included.

The proxy did not include any terrain details. And there are no customizeable options for how you wanted the proxy. If you want a good working proxy you should really use another third party tool and add it to the sector proxy gameobject slot. Mesh Materializer would be my first recommendation.

What sector does best is the asynchronous loading of its sectors and the ease to get it working. If you are looking at even more optimizations; especially for terrains, then you should look into combining sector with GPU instancing. You are going to save much more memory, it’s going to run much faster, and you will have much more control of how your terrain details appear.

15. swredcam

swredcam

I created a set of SECTRs using multiple terrains, but the gameobjects that were on and above the terrain were not included. One of the setting before the export was "terrain height", now I am thinking that this should have been set for the desired size of the bounding box -- what would get included on/above the terrain. At the moment though all I am getting are the terrain trees and terrain details.

I have a further problem in that when selecting objects to include in a given SECTR, I am getting one LOD for a given object but not the entire parent+children. I have to go through each GO selected and adjust the selection such that the parent is selected. I'm going to run another test using a different terrain height on export, hopefully that will save me from having to manually add objects. Right now deploying SECTR to my full project would be very painful.

Thank you for your help!

16. voncarp

voncarp

From what I remember, I think sectr only combines the objects when you use sectr terrain to split one large terrain.

Individually, as you mentioned it can be problematic. That was an issue I had as well. The concept for a workaround is the same. I think the sectr bounding box is exposed in the sectr member. So just write a quick editor script and grab all the sectr members. Then grab all the objects without members. Check each sectr member bounding box with Bounds.Contain and all the gameobjects. If it contains the object just parent it to the sectr member.

It’s not a huge script to write. I may have this script somewhere in my one of my old projects. I just have to look around for it.

17. nickfourtimes

nickfourtimes

Heya, I just updated and imported SECTR Complete into a new project, in U2018.3, and I've got several errors of the following type:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\SECTR\Code\Core\Editor\SECTR_HullEditor.cs(68,28): error CS0619: 'EventType.mouseMove' is obsolete: 'Use MouseMove instead (UnityUpgradable) -> MouseMove'
    (Specifically, there are four such errors in SECTR_HullEditor.cs, and three in SECTR_PortalEditor.cs).

Is that a known issue (maybe because I'm on the 2018.3 beta)?

18. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

We haven't tested SECTR on 2018.3 and wont until after it stabilizes (we hear of lots of issues with it still). Looking at the message it says it is unity updatable - so try re-importing and when Unity asks to update it - say yes.

19. nickfourtimes

nickfourtimes

Yup, that did it! I was confused that it hadn't already done it the first time, but... anyway, it works. Thanks :)

20. PWPeter

PWPeter

21. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey everyone,

We are very pleased to announce the next iteration in the life of the SECTR suite with the release of SECTR COMPLETE 2019.

After observing the way in which SECTR was being sold and used, we have decided only to continue only with a SECTR COMPLETE package, and to deprecate the others. There were not enough sales of the other packages to warrant the overhead of keeping and supporting them as separate packages, however, they are still actively being supported as part of the new SECTR COMPLETE SUITE.

We have invested considerable time and effort into upgrading, adding support for the changes imposed by changes in the engine, and in particular have focused on improving and expanding on streaming and large world support, as this fits perfectly with our world creation suite of products.

The biggest new features and enhancements in the latest version include:
    • Unity 2018.3 and Unity 2019.x support
    • Floating Point Origin Support (extra large world support)
    • Orders of magnitude improvements in the speed of the sectorization process
    • Seamless integration with Gaia, GeNa 2 and CTS (end to end integrated world building)
    • Many easy of use enhancements
    • Many documentation enhancement (including a terrain streaming guide).
    For a more detailed description of all the enhancements we have made please check out the release notes on the asset itself.

In line with our commitment to continue to develop and our ongoing support the SECTR suite of products we will be charging a nominal upgrade fee. This fee is not being taken out of the business, it is ALL being invested back into growing the Procedural Worlds team, and pays for our development support resources.

Upgrade pricing is:
    • SECTR Core -> SECTR COMPLETE 2019 $47
    • SECTR Audio -> SECTR COMPLETE 2019 $17
    • SECTR VIS -> SECTR COMPLETE 2019 $17
    • SECTR STREAM -> SECTR COMPLETE 2019 $17
    • SECTR COMPLETE -> SECTR COMPLETE 2019 $17
    And for anyone who purchased in the past 90 days, the upgrade is free.

In addition to the enhancements we have made to the documentation we are also in the process of making a bunch of new video tutorials, and these will come online in the next few days and weeks.

We hope that the community sees the upgrades we are making and change in direction to be the positive thing it is for the future of the SECTR Suite of products.

This forum will no longer be actively monitored - for updates please head over to the SECTR COMPLETE forum.

Cheers,
    Adam.