Search Unity

[RELEASED] SECTR COMPLETE: Spaces, and the Connections Between Them

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MakeCodeNow, Feb 21, 2014.

1. BryanPW

BryanPW

Sorry for the late response.
    If you are needing support you are more than welcome to file a support request through Freshdesk or ask us on discord. https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk.com/support/home

2. cowj

cowj

Hello, I am considering whether the plug-in is suitable for the game in production. The game has a randomly generated open world terrain environment, which is randomly generated by the user when creating the world. Does the plug-in support segmentation of the entire environment after the terrain is generated at runtime? Or other feasible solutions will also be very helpful, thanks for answering

3. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

No. SECTR is design time.

joanpescador likes this.
  4. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

In the asset store page it shows latest version as Unity 2019, does Unity have built-in support for terrain streaming in v 2020.3 or can we still utilize Sectr in the latest unity version (2020.3) ?

5. PWPeter

PWPeter

The "latest version" displayed in the asset store is the SECTR version number and not related to the unity version number. SECTR is compatible with Unity versions 2017.4 and higher, you can use it in Unity 2020.3. (Alpha / Beta versions of Unity are not officially supported.) Unity does not have built-in support for terrain streaming, without SECTR or a comparable tool you would need to develop a solution first.

hakankaraduman likes this.
  6. cursedtoast

cursedtoast

I think I'm inevitably going to need to use this tool.
    Can I bake all of my individual sectors/scenes with Bakery?

7. PWPeter

PWPeter

Careful yes - SECTR creates unity scenes as output, and you can control the load state of those scenes during design time, so you can load in either all scenes individually or together to bake them.
    "Careful yes" only because I do not have used bakery myself, and I do not know how it handles multiple (additive) scenes. I assume it has a similar mechanism like unity where when you have multiple scenes open it will save the lighting data in a combined file.
    If this is relevant for you, e.g. if you wanted to bake 5 sectors together, then the other 3 over there, and so on it would be good to double check with bakery if this is a problem if those ar 5 / 3 additive loaded scenes.

cursedtoast likes this.
  8. cursedtoast

cursedtoast

Thank you. I've been messing around with it and it seems to be working nice. Some blips in the editor, but I'm assuming that's just the editor overhead. Curious to see how the Quest 2 can handle it. Thank you for your response. I'll check in with Mr. F to see if there will be any problems. Otherwise, I'll just bake individual "chunks" and make it work :)

PWPeter likes this.
  9. spikezart

spikezart

Hey, If Im building a tiled map with Gaia Pro of about 2km square with around 16 tiles, what benefit will I gain by using Sectr ? or does Sectr just benefit much larger worlds?

10. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

The quick answer is that no, in general Sectr would not add much value over Gaia Pro, unless you have dungeons or some other large structure that you want to control.

Also, fyi, we do not monitor the Unity forums. Please make your posts and ask questions at Canopy. Its free to access, and existing customers and subscribers can post and ask questions.

Forums - Canopy | Procedural Worlds (procedural-worlds.com)

11. jason0663

jason0663

Hi, what is the newest version LTS unity sectr will work on? Im using latest 2020.3.38f and I get 3 culling camera errors on import

12. BryanPW

BryanPW

We just released an update to fix some issues that were present during the newer Unity versions can you please check this and let me know if you are still experiencing any issues?

spikezart likes this.
  13. mgear

mgear

sorry didn't read all the pages,
    but does someone confirm that this can stream any kind of scenes/prefabs,
    not just flat ground terrain styled large areas?

For example,
    really heavy 3d model of a big building. (so possibly it needs to be split to smaller scenes or parts) ?

14. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Yup. Thats what its designed to do.

mgear likes this.
  15. CyrilGendrot

CyrilGendrot

Unity Technologies

Hi all,

I discover SECTR and I block on a particular point. I can't display the details of the terrains after having sectorized the whole terrain generated by Gaia. Each sprite appears white even in runtime. How to do it ?

Gooren likes this.
  16. BryanPW

BryanPW

Are you using HDRP?
    If so this makes sense. You would need to use something else to render the terrain details.
    In Gaia Pro 2021 we have the flora system that would allow you to render grass in HDRP.
    If you are using a combination of Gaia Pro 2021 and Sectr, than please open the flora window and click add flora to terrains or add the flora component on the sector chunks.

CyrilGendrot likes this.
  17. yhr28

yhr28

• Fixed an issue where style naming changes in Unity 2022.3.3 made SECTR unusable?
    • No The Unity 2022.3.3, please update.
    • In unity 2022.3.0 Can't work.

18. BryanPW

BryanPW

Can you please tell me what errors you are receiving?
    Can you please tell me what is going wrong?
    Is the issue on import?

19. yhr28

yhr28

If use Unity 2022.3.0:
    can't open the UI,It's the errors:

GUI Error: Invalid GUILayout state in SECTR_AudioWindow view. Verify that all layout Begin/End calls match
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Solve:

#if UNITY_2022_3_OR_NEWER
    searchBoxStyle = GUI.skin.FindStyle("ToolbarSeachTextField");

#if UNITY_2022_3_OR_NEWER
    searchCancelStyle = GUI.skin.FindStyle("ToolbarSeachCancelButton");

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  20. Oniros88

Oniros88

There is a performance error related to a new unity warning log about setting time in audiosources without a clip being ignored. In builds this warning being logged freezes the game for a quarter of a second.

Unity version where I encountered this: 2023.2.0b10.

here is a fix:
    upload_2023-9-25_20-41-25.png

moving source.time and source.timesamples setting to Play() method of Sectr_AudioSystem fixes this issue.

Gooren likes this.
  21. Gooren

Gooren

Few observations:
    - They are setting time and timeSamples to zero to reset the playback. This was only done when acquiring "new" source from the pool. But why? I believe these two lines of code are pointless since calling Stop on the AudioSource when releasing it back to the pool resets the time already.
    - Calling "time = 0" is pretty much doing the same as calling "timeSamples = 0". So it is pointless to do both simultaneously.

Anyway. I believe both these lines can be removed completely.
    An alternative would be to call just "timeSamples = 0" in ReleaseSource just before setting clip to null.

Perhaps @BryanPW can shed some light onto this.

22. swredcam

swredcam

I'm briefly revisiting a Unity 2018 project and have updated it to Unity 2022. I do not see the SECTR window, the one that offers Import/Revert/Export. I'm guessing I need to pay again but if there is way to cheat the imports please advise. I really only need to bring this project to life briefly to export some screenshots. I've purchase a bunch of stuff from PW so I am not looking to get something for nothing.