Search Unity

[RELEASED] Scorm 1.2 / 2004 API

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by bdovaz, Jan 20, 2016.

1. edgeit

edgeit

I already bought this api. I already have a unity project which i want to convert to scorm. How can i integrate this api to my project and convert it to scorm?

2. bdovaz

bdovaz

3. liquify

liquify

@N3uRo I created a SCORM package (ZIP file) with Unity and SCORM API. The SCORM package works on several web servers, but recently I have a client that mentioned about this security error message:

SecurityError: Permission denied to access property API on cross-origin object

I have never had that security error problem on Moodle LMS and Firefox, so I replicated the error by running the SCORM package with a simple HTML SCORM player. I noticed I don't get any error if I run the SCORM package on a web server or localhost, but the error appears if I run the SCORM package from a file:// URL.

I managed to remove the error by changing Firefox's security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy field value to false. I advised my client to do so, but the problem persists on his end.

Have you ever encountered this security error? What else can I do to remove the security error?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  4. bdovaz

bdovaz

That's a web browser security restriction that has nothing to do with my asset.

You are not supposed to run content locally unless you are in development phase.

In production environments you should always run it from a web server:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy

5. ArnoldoSilva

ArnoldoSilva

Hello! I bought this asset to integrate a project but I'm having problem with data persistence. I generate a json (few variables) and send it through the SetSuspendData and it works fine, but at the time of receiving this information in another session nothing comes from the server. can you give me some instruction on what this problem should be ?!

6. bdovaz

bdovaz

Can you enable mode in your LMS and check for the logs? In Moodle it's here:

https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/SCORM_FAQ#Debugging

That way you can narrow the problem and see if it's correctly storing the data or not. I don't have any user having this problems so I don't know if you are not using the API correctly or it's a specific issue on a LMS.

7. sahpreemking

sahpreemking

I just purchased your SCORM integration tool. Your documentation is difficult to follow. Do you have a video? Also, I've tried to download your examples from DropBox, but now download buttons or options are available. Likewise there was no option to download the SCORM kit to my mac, it only allowed me to import it from the asset store into Unity 5.6.3.p2 Personal. Please help.

Juanda31 likes this.
  8. bdovaz

bdovaz

You have an example scene with a complete script along with the online documentation.

You can post your specific questions and I will answer you with pleasure.

My asset supports Unity editor 5.6.0+ so you should be able to import it in that version or a newer version without problems.

9. sahpreemking

sahpreemking

I am getting this error after I deleted the test folder.
    Assets/IMAG_Version/Editor/BuildScript.cs(244,16): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport' to 'string'

10. bdovaz

bdovaz

If you see the script that it's reporting a compilation error, it's not a script of my specific asset.

In any case, it seems that you are using an Editor API that it's not available in your Unity Editor version.

11. JD_FVTC

JD_FVTC

I'm using 2018.3.6f1. Im testing your example scene. I'm getting a error on IPostprocessBuild. It needs to be replaced with IPostprocessBuildWithReport. I got it to build by doing this. However the package does not work in scorm cloud or my lms. Neither one gives me any useful error messages. [scorm] - there was an error during initialization.

Code (CSharp):
    2. namespace Scorm {
    3.     public class ScormPostprocessor : IPostprocessBuild, IPostprocessBuildWithReport
    4.     {
    5. .......
    7. public void OnPostprocessBuild(BuildReport report)
    8.         {
    9.             BuildTarget target = report.summary.platform;
    10.             string path = report.summary.outputPath;
    11.             Debug.Log("target: " + target + " Path: "+path);
    12.             OnPostprocessBuild(target, path);
    13.         }
    I didn't edit this below
    Code (CSharp):
    2.         public void OnPostprocessBuild(BuildTarget target, string path) {
    3.             if (target != BuildTarget.WebGL) return;
    5.             string buildFolderPath = IsDirectory(path) ? path : Path.GetDirectoryName(path);
    7.             ScormPublishSettings settings = Resources.Load<ScormPublishSettings>(ScormPublishSettings.RelativePath);
    9.             if (!settings.Enabled) return;
    11.             string scormFilesPath = Path.Combine(Application.dataPath, string.Format("ScormAPI/Editor/Data/{0}", settings.GetVersionFolderName()));
    13.             string tempFolderPath = CreateTempFolder();
    15.             string zipFilePath = !string.IsNullOrEmpty(settings.ZipFilePath) ? settings.ZipFilePath : Path.Combine(buildFolderPath, "scorm.zip");
    17.             CreateProjectFiles(buildFolderPath, tempFolderPath);
    19.             CreateScormFiles(scormFilesPath, tempFolderPath);
    21.             ParseManifest(tempFolderPath, settings);
    23.             Debug.Log("Creating scorm, please wait...");
    25.             SaveZip(tempFolderPath, zipFilePath);
    27.             Debug.Log(string.Format("Scorm successfully created: {0}", zipFilePath));
    29.             DeleteTempFolder(tempFolderPath);
    30.         }

12. bdovaz

bdovaz

First, it's a warning not an error (I will fix it in a future version):

upload_2019-9-5_20-20-42.png

You can change:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ScormPostprocessor : IPostprocessBuild {
    To:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ScormPostprocessor : IPostprocessBuildWithReport {
    And:

Code (CSharp):
    2. public void OnPostprocessBuild(BuildTarget target, string path) {
    3.     if (target != BuildTarget.WebGL) return;
    To:

Code (CSharp):
    2. public void OnPostprocessBuild(BuildReport report) {
    3.     if (report.summary.platform != BuildTarget.WebGL) return;
    5.     string path = report.summary.outputPath;
    For your second problem. Do you see this logs in console?

upload_2019-9-5_20-20-4.png

Have you configured this resource?

upload_2019-9-5_20-35-31.png

Are you using the zip file generated by my editor script? It's the only one that will have the correct Scorm folder structure.

I have tried in 2019.2.3f1 (latest one as today) and it works on Scorm Cloud without any issues.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  13. zenasprime

zenasprime

After importing I'm getting a ton of Namespace errors:

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 5.29.18 PM.png

14. bdovaz

bdovaz

Remove tests folder as they are not necessary.

15. zenasprime

zenasprime

That worked for the Namespace errors but there doesn't seem to be a "Scrom" menu item. I've tried restarting Unity.

16. bdovaz

bdovaz

17. zenasprime

zenasprime

18. bdovaz

bdovaz

In the link that you have put you will see that this asset is very outdated, is 2015 and only mentions WebPlayer, not even WebGL.

My asset supports WebGL and is supported in any version of Unity from 5.6+ to any current version like 2019.2.x.

19. GBAsurion

GBAsurion

Hello! I am having trouble getting started with this asset pack. I am not sure how to implement it. Is there a guide on how to implement it into a project? I have already read through the documentation but I think it is lacking this... or am I missing something? Thanks!

20. bdovaz

bdovaz

You have a complete example scene, please check it first. If you have concrete questions, ask them.

21. SupremeSmash

SupremeSmash

Hi, I have uploaded your example to my LMS, everything works as it should but it doesn't seem to send a completion status to the LMS - Do I need to do something?

22. bdovaz

bdovaz

Are you able to see some debug info of the SCORM track? Almost all LMS have a way to see a log of all the LMSSetValue and LMSGetValue calls.

We need first to see where the problem is.

If you see these calls then my asset is working correctly and it is an issue of your LMS or a configuration issue.

23. ezharenov

ezharenov

Hello! Faced such a problem. This error occurs when reconnecting to the LMS. I tested on Scorm Cloud and on my LMS, it doesn't matter.
    Any ideas on how to overcome this and connect properly?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  24. bdovaz

bdovaz

Why are you terminating connection and then trying to reconnect? It doesn't make sense. Please send me via PM a repro project.

25. msabihsarfaraz

msabihsarfaraz

Hello,

I have uploaded your example 1.2 project to my moodle LMS, but all I see are the project name and unity webgl logo, even the unity splash screen isn't loading up, any idea why?

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 10.13.29 AM.png

26. bdovaz

bdovaz

Press F12 an check for JS errors

27. Paulplay17

Paulplay17

Can I use this to communicate from my APP(Android or iOS platform) to LMS, vise versa?

28. bdovaz

bdovaz

29. ezharenov

ezharenov

Hello!
    Faced a problem that the 2004 version feed scorm-package successfully sends, but does not receive any values from the LMS (Moodle) when re-loading the feed scorm-package.
    Scorm package version 1.2 sends and receives values without problems on any LMS.
    Everything works well in Scorm Cloud, but on Moodle Cloud your package refuses to work on receiving data from LMS.
    What could be the problem? It is especially important to send and receive progress status.
    For verification, I used your examples from the first post.
    upload_2021-1-19_14-22-55.png
    Previously, I sent the values to the LMS, and when I restart it, I cannot get them, although they are.

AndreaGiulianoK likes this.
  30. Paulplay17

Paulplay17

31. bdovaz

bdovaz

I implement the Scorm 1.2 / 2004 protocol rigorously so the fact that it works in Scorm Cloud (Responsible for the implementation of Scorm) but not in Moodle Cloud (I was unaware of its existence) must be that in Moodle they have something different implemented.

32. bdovaz

bdovaz

Yes, of course.

You can develop whatever you want, the only restriction is the platform that only works in WebGL since the Scorm protocol is designed for the Web.

33. thaivq

thaivq

Hi,

How can I get to this screen.

I need to generate SCORM package.

34. bdovaz

bdovaz

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  35. BWAviationLearn

BWAviationLearn

Hi, I was looking to get this asset, but I'm concerned if I can export it on WebGL while using WebXR build setting/presentation in order to play in VR while utilizing SCORM
    upload_2021-3-19_15-22-34.png

36. bdovaz

bdovaz

I haven't used WebXR but as long as it's on WebGL, it should.

37. ssaxrpaul

ssaxrpaul

I'm getting this error code. What am I missing here??
    upload_2021-3-20_15-7-11.png

upload_2021-3-20_15-8-7.png

38. bdovaz

bdovaz

39. ssaxrpaul

ssaxrpaul

Yes the path exists.
    upload_2021-3-20_21-36-36.png

Edit:
    Yay finally fixed! thanks for pointing out about directory path.

upload_2021-3-20_21-54-42.png

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    bdovaz likes this.
  40. Matthieu_DAO

Matthieu_DAO

Hello,I have upgraded my old project which worked perfeclty fine ( Unity 2018.2.5f1 ) to Unity 2019.4.17f1 with the last realease of SCROM API, but I can't build my project ( see console screen shot below ) I don't understand what i am missing. Please someone help me !
    upload_2021-3-22_10-18-8.png

Attached Files:

41. bdovaz

bdovaz

Remove tests folder.

42. BWAviationLearn

BWAviationLearn

Sorry, I worded my question badly,
    In the player settings, do I have to build it with scorm as the WebGL Template, because it will conflict with the WebVR/WebXR WebGL template that I am using. Thanks for your time and speedy reply.

upload_2021-3-23_10-41-24.png

43. bdovaz

bdovaz

Since version 2.0 of my asset doesn't come with a custom WebGL template so you can use the template you want.

44. FullDraw

FullDraw

Hello - I am running into an issue when publishing a SCORM 2004 course on my client's LMS. I'm getting the following error after it loads: exception thrown: ReferenceError: getCMIValue is not defined,ReferenceError: getCMIValue is not defined.

I understand that this is something to do with their LMS, as the course works fine on SCORM Cloud. I'm hoping to get some advice on how to approach this. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  45. bdovaz

bdovaz

As you said, it is a specific problem of that LMS because in my asset code there is not a single reference to a "getCMIValue" method. Also as you say, in Scorm Cloud it works correctly.

Contact your LMS support somehow either through a forum or however you can.

46. Cushmily

Cushmily

Hi, does this plugin support interaction in SCORM 1.2 ?

47. bdovaz

bdovaz

48. Juanda31

Juanda31

So i have exported a couple of games, some load perfect into moodle and others stay on the loading screen.
    Will load the unity logo and the progress bar up to a point and stop.
    Can anyone tell me if there is something the games should have or a normal setting for the scene to load? sorry just learning Unity.

Attached Files:

49. bdovaz

bdovaz

Press F12 and check console for errors.

50. psavalia

psavalia

I'm having the same issue as Juanda31. This is what I see in Dev Tools. Any ideas?

upload_2021-5-26_13-25-52.png