Search Unity

Assets [RELEASED] Scifi, low-poly units, buildings and desert terrain kit

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Planesfar, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Planesfar

Planesfar

Hi folks, this post will document the process as I create the art assets for this kit. The units will be low-poly and would be at home in the sci-fi genre. Here is a mock-up of a typically styled unit:

The visual design generally follows these points:
    - a unit is composed of simple sub-objects,
    - most sub-objects will have only one colour
    - most edges will have a highlight (in the diffuse texture map)

Although these assets could potentially be used for many genres of games, the type of game I'm primarily keeping in mind as I create these assets is for the 'resource-gathering' strategy game type. Some of the units and buildings I plan on including in this kit are:

Buildings: head quarters, barracks, light factory, resource refinery, resource silo, construction yard, gun turret, missile turret, wall segment, energy plant, radar outpost

Units: trooper, light attack vehicle, medium attack vehicle, resource gathering unit, aerial vehicle transport, combat tank

Terrain: flat rock surface, cliffs, loose rocks

Please feel free to make any comment or questions.

Regards,
    Stephen

Updates:
    'Canopus-III Low Poly Sci-fi Desert Units Set' (Released 2018-01-05)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    jbb1979 likes this.
  2. D3Duck

D3Duck

Looks cool, might be cool is a Red Alert-type game.

jbb1979 likes this.
  3. Planesfar

Planesfar

Update:
    Here is a screen shot of a few units (light, med attack vehicles and a tank). The mesh for all the objects are uv-mapped to the same diffuse map. The idea here is to make it simpler to make multiple colour versions of the same models. It should also help with minimizing draw calls.

jbb1979 likes this.
  4. Planesfar

Planesfar

Another update, this shows the units and buildings that will be part of the set. I'll also be adding some environmental assets as part of the unity package:

canopus-iii-wip03.png canopus-iii-wip04.png canopus-iii-wip05.png

jbb1979 likes this.
  5. Planesfar

Planesfar

Hi just another update, the package is now complete and submitted, hopefully it gets approved. The set is free of charge. Here are some screen shots / renders:
    canopus-iii_desert_set01_06.jpg canopus-iii_desert_set01_01.jpg canopus-iii_desert_set01_05.jpg

jbb1979 likes this.
  6. Planesfar

Planesfar

jbb1979 and D3Duck like this.
  7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Can you provide a higher resolution render of the character please. Also - is there any rigging in the pack, both for the character and other movable components? btw - nice, fresh style!

8. Planesfar

Planesfar

Hi folks, been while, but I'm adding a few more free units to this set. Will be released as a separate pack. Here's a couple of new units. canopus-iii-wip06.png

D3Duck and jbb1979 like this.
  9. Planesfar

Planesfar

Adding some flyer units canopus-iii-wip07.png

D3Duck and jbb1979 like this.
  10. Planesfar

Planesfar

This new set is now available via the asset store at no cost, 8 additional units and 3 buildings.