Search Unity

Discussion [RELEASED] Schema - Artificial Intelligence Designer for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by GigabitDevelopment, Sep 7, 2022.

1. GigabitDevelopment

GigabitDevelopment

Hey all,

Recently released Schema to the Asset Store. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Asset Store | Website

Design Goals:
    User-friendly
    Visually pleasing interface
    Fast
    Extendable

Friendly UI

Not only does Schema include an attractive node editor, it also allows you to arrange your trees to reduce visual noise.

Powerful API

Schema was designed from the ground up to accommodate user extensions. You can create your own nodes with only a few lines of code, and include them in your trees.

Performant

Schema is a very performant asset, utilizing optimization techniques including event-driven architecture and single-tree instancing to maximize speed even when there are hundreds of agents sharing the same tree.

Roadmap
    • 3rd party support for assets including Playmaker, NodeCanvas, Bolt, and more
    • Modular trees
    • More powerful tree navigation
    • More integration with Unity API
    • Fully dynamic properties for AOT platforms

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  2. BetaMark

BetaMark

Nice clean UI, and I appreciate that it is easy for me to extend with my own code for the node types. I'd like to extend the group behavior AI for my game to be moddable by my players (with steam workshop support). Is there a way that you could imagine Schema supporting that?

3. GigabitDevelopment

GigabitDevelopment

I'll admit that I don't know much about modding for Unity games, but I imagine that it could be done. The difficulty is that the process of creating the behavior trees happens inside Schema's editor, so the mod creator would have to own the asset to be able to do that. The behavior trees in Schema are just normal Unity assets, so I could support adding code to switch out the tree for an agent for a user-supplied one.