Search Unity

[Deprecated] Runtime Tools for Morph Character System (MCS)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ParadoxSolutions, Nov 8, 2016.

1. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

It will be a paid upgrade, owners of MCSRTT will still be able to download and use it but it won't be supported as it will be replaced by UCP that will offer all the same features. I have just submitted a new version of MCSRTT that includes an auto-updater tool so users can at least keep their blendshape library up-to-date post depreciation.

2. imgumby

imgumby

Any idea on the upgrade price ??
    thanks

3. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

UCP will be $65 and upgradable from Modular AI for $25 and upgradable from MCSRTT for $50, MCSRTT will be 50% off until UCP is released and will have its price set to the original before deprecation so upgrading users will get full or double the discount depending on when they bought MCSRTT.

4. Stefan86

Stefan86

thank you for the composition .. can you help me a little more .. am not a top programmierer

5. Stefan86

Stefan86

#programer

6. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

Maybe take a look at this:

I think the tutorial covers getting info about a dragged UI object such as its name, in your case, you will want to give your item UI a variable Public CIClothing clothingItem; and have the slot use that information from the item to attach the clothing item using the line of code I previously provided.
    You may also want to check out Morph3D's tutorials as they could help you get a better understanding of attaching clothes:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNPNVVIfUCXbTm--_ovGg4Q/videos

7. victorkin11

victorkin11

Just brought your asset, all the sample scene doesn't work. try in unity 2017.1f1, mcs 1.64. Run the scene, Adjust all parameter , nothing happen.

Missing Prefab

Screen-2017-10-21_06-56-43.jpg

Error massage.

Screen-2017-10-21_06-56-43a.jpg

8. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

The missing prefab is the M3D Male, those errors are from MCS not MCSRTT, I did recently push an update to the asset store where the sliders are not assigned in the MCSManager so they need to be reassigned from the canvas to the BlendshapeIDLib, I have an update pending for that.
    Try importing the MCS Male character or reimport MCS Female to fix those errors, otherwise contact M3D support.

9. victorkin11

victorkin11

ok! Thank for reply.

10. Stefan86

Stefan86

How can I use morph3d with inventory pro? So my character changes over inventory pro the clothes?

11. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

My knowledge of Inventory Pro stops before the paid upgrade, you may want to take a look at how the UMA integration works or contact DevDog with the information I previously gave you.

12. Stefan86

Stefan86

In the features Runtime costuming is in it you can equip the character of an inventory .. How does it work? I plan to buy the asset but I want to know beforehand if I can easily apply it to my inventory and change the character of the character in the game over the inventory.

13. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

MCSRTT does not have inventory support and I do not advertise that it does. The runtime costuming allows you to randomize character clothing when the character is instantiated. To attach clothes with MCS all you have to do is write one line of code that attaches a given clothing item, thus I figured it was redundant to include a inventory system since it takes very little code to attach clothes.

14. Stefan86

Stefan86

How is the code?

15. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

This line attaches clothing items:
    M3DCharacterManager.AttachCIClothing(CIclothing clothing, bool clone_item);
    All you need to use that line is MCS, MCSRTT does not include an inventory system.

Stefan86 likes this.
  16. Stefan86

Stefan86

Ok thanks

17. Stefan86

Stefan86

Can I use that in an inventory?

18. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

Important notice:
    Leatherbound Games has been rebranded into Paradox Solution Softworks as the company expands into more generalized software development, however this is not just a name and logo change and will have implications on Modular AI, MCSRTT and UCP as well as our game projects. What most of you here on the forums probably want to know is what effect this will have on the assets you purchased.

The Assets:
    As of right now all assets have been deprecated and are no longer available on the store, don't worry owners of the assets will still be able to download them. The assets will return as part of our new product line Unity Textbook over time.

Unity Textbook:
    Because many of purchasers of our assets have been students, beginners and hobbyists we feel that the best approach as a company is to cater directly to those who not only want great tools but also need to learn the intricacies of the industry to achieve success in their endeavors. Unity Textbook is an editor extension for Unity that will act as a textbook right inside the Unity editor, it will include a glossary, a toolbox of editor extensions, programming guides on how to code the toolbox tools as well as user guides for the non-programmers. Unity Textbook will be a free platform others can come in and build tutorials and documentation in, and will have intuitive tools for creating "chapters".

For Example Modular AI:
    Within Unity Textbook we create a tutorial walking you though how we created the modular AI platform, you will be able to switch between the tutorial scripts (unfinished or not) and the final tool at any time without error, we will then create additional chapter on how to design AI, create specific modules and so on...

Overall Goal:
    Our overall goal is to not let our product be so much about profit but to bring together the community through learning and a passion for the industry, all Unity Textbook chapters will be priced at indie rates ranging form $1 for basic lessons to $10 for expert lessons, there will be a complete edition of Unity Textbook for $60 that will include all future chapters. This gives hobbyists and indies that have lower budgets the option to only pay for what they want to learn or be able to have access to it all at a reasonable price. Furthermore owners of Modular AI will get a 100% discount off of Unity Textbook. We have many chapters planned and a solid platform to build on, we hope we can keep a consistent flow of content coming, with at least one chapter being submitted per week as soon as Unity Textbook hits the asset store. Paradox Solutions will also be much more dedicated toward a premium feel this time around, everything from our images to our marketing, PR, and products will have higher quality standards.

Thanks for your support,

Paradox Solutions