Search Unity

[RELEASED] Room Architect, a code based, procedural and architectural generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NanoH, Nov 17, 2017.

1. NanoH

NanoH

Hi everyone,

I am proud to announce the release of Room Architect:

Have you ever struggled to populate your game environnement with fully functional architectures? Did you ever get frustrated by how static house models can be, requiring a lot of work from your model designer to get a diverse looking game?

Room Architect is a code based, procedural and architectural generator. Loaded with design tools and methods, it enables your team to create a model that could be never twice the same if you chose to do so. Create your template, randomize textures, rooms, roof types, nest models together, take full control of your buildings !

possibilities are endless: houses, buildings, dungeons, facilities, mazes, it is your call

Models can be generated in the editor and saved as prefabs, or generated and randomized at run-time. Generations of medium size regular houses are quasi instantaneous !

The future development of this asset will include more ready to use templates, for you to only drag, drop and configure the models you want to use.

The asset is available for 29 $ on the platform right now !

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/99078

Here is the script that generates the house showcased in the video: https://pastebin.com/3NqG787f

If you have any questions, suggestions or remarks, feel free to contact me at julien.sacrez@outlook.com

Thank you for passing by !

---

Changelog:
    - V1.1

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    hasanbayat likes this.
  2. witcher101

witcher101

can it add household props as well to decorate rooms??

3. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.
    Where is the Asset Store Link?

NanoH likes this.
  4. NanoH

NanoH

I intend to add this feature in the future versions ! Right now you can use the the data provided during the template phase to add your own props to the room, it's fairly easy to do but my goal on the next versions will be to provide a full system around it

I just added the link in the post, thank for pointing it out =)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  5. MrMister789

MrMister789

I had the opportunity to try this asset and it's really good. It can generate houses or dungeons and much more easily. And the generation is very fast! And the developer of the asset responds quickly and answers all my questions.

I recommend this asset without hesitation!

NanoH likes this.
  6. NanoH

NanoH

7. emy33

emy33

Hello. This looks cool.

Does it work well with mesh baker?

8. NanoH

NanoH

Hi,

Since the 1.1 version, it includes internally a mesh baker for wall objects, and most of the parts (walls, floors, roofs) can be baked together. From the feedback I got from my users, it seems to work well.

9. GamePyro

GamePyro

Hello

Have some questions

can we use our own facades etc ?

Can it work with RWT Real World Terrain from infinity code
    are unity terrains to place houses with OSM position ?

Can it generate houses at OSM position ?

and can also gardens etc generated around house etc ?

is there a test version or refund if not work for our needs?

is there a way use this also in editor moder or set object to shape / flatten terrain when at the script to the object.

need something like your asset for houses / buildings at mountains / hills and roads and so on.

for this problem for example :
    https://i.gyazo.com/41de42fb53c8c05ecd60d2222511d861.png

or know you or anybody here an other asset or good way to tat in editor automatic at every object road building etc where a script with a function us added to automatic shape / flatten.?

I now bought Room Architect but get only errors:

First
    Assets/Room Architect/examples/example scripts/CorpBuilding.cs(28,22): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type `RoomArchitectEngine.Room' to `Room'

Then over hundreds like that:
    Assets/Room Architect/examples/example scripts/CorpBuilding.cs(43,31): error CS1061: Type `Room' does not contain a definition for `BottomLeft' and no extension method `BottomLeft' of type `Room' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

regards

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  10. GamePyro

GamePyro

I see in forum you always online again but no answer ?

11. NanoH

NanoH

@GamePyro I anwsered to your questions on the asset page If you want to contact me I'm mainly available through the mail presented in the documentation.

I'll copy the answer here:

- Is there a way set in the Script at What postions at the map the house with coordinates will be generated ?
    Because at current script / version it not work to place the house etc at an other position.

It does, you just have to change the coordinates of the GameObject, the house will be generated in reference to the object it's attached to.

- can we use our own facades etc ?

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, I would be glad to help if you could detail further - Can it work with RWT Real World Terrain from infinity code are unity terrains to place houses with OSM position ? Because dev made an integration api for Room Architect and other things but need Room Architect can use the points / positions where houses should be generated. Yes it does, the generated models are simply 3D Models that you can save as prefabs if needed

- Can it generate houses at OSM position ?

This asset generates models for you, the OSM placement will be for you to develop

- and can also gardens etc generated around house etc ?

This is not an option for now

- is there a test version or refund if not work for our needs?

If the product doesn't fit your needs, please send me an e-mail with your invoice and we will work out a refund for you.

- is there a way use this also in editor moder or set object to shape / flatten terrain when at the script to the object.

If I understood correctly, you are trying to generate a model for non flat terrains. You can set a "height buffer on the model generation that will put a buffer underneath the house with the correct texturing and fitting. - I now bought Room Architect but get only errors: I have downloaded a fresh version of the asset and don't get the errors you are mentionning. Could you please send me a copy of your project? Best regards

12. GamePyro

GamePyro

My new Answers and Questions now in Bold below !

[QUOE="NanoH, post: 3659107, member: 189068"]@GamePyro I anwsered to your questions on the asset page If you want to contact me I'm mainly available through the mail presented in the documentation.

I'll copy the answer here:

- Is there a way set in the Script at What postions at the map the house with coordinates will be generated ?
    Because at current script / version it not work to place the house etc at an other position.

It does, you just have to change the coordinates of the GameObject, the house will be generated in reference to the object it's attached to.

I mean set the postion in script of the generating house because with RWT it can be set that at OSM Points houses are generated but at Room Architect no way to set that with script gnereate houses at the OSM places.

At the Script of the Small Hosue your example script we need to set the Postions at terrain where it should be generated.

- can we use our own facades etc ?

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, I would be glad to help if you could detail furthe
    r

SHould i send you all deteiled by PM `?

- Can it work with RWT Real World Terrain from infinity code are unity terrains to place houses with OSM position ? Because dev made an integration api for Room Architect and other things but need Room Architect can use the points / positions where houses should be generated. Yes it does, the generated models are simply 3D Models that you can save as prefabs if needed

No i need that the postion can set in the House Script to let them be autpomaticly generated at the OSM Positons get fro RWT

- Can it generate houses at OSM position ?

This asset generates models for you, the OSM placement will be for you to develop

yes but in the Room Architect not option to set at the House script where it should be genrated :(

- and can also gardens etc generated around house etc ?

This is not an option for now

Will it come ?

- is there a test version or refund if not work for our needs?

If the product doesn't fit your needs, please send me an e-mail with your invoice and we will work out a refund for you.

Ok thanks how long i have time for that ? where is your email the emails in doc etc from you not work always get back that it not eexists anymore :/(

- is there a way use this also in editor moder or set object to shape / flatten terrain when at the script to the object.

If I understood correctly, you are trying to generate a model for non flat terrains. You can set a "height buffer on the model generation that will put a buffer underneath the house with the correct texturing and fitting.

In the small house script ? How you mean height buffer how you to that ? now way to flatten Unity Terrain under the house ?

- I now bought Room Architect but get only errors: I have downloaded a fresh version of the asset and don't get the errors you are mentionning. Could you please send me a copy of your project? Best regards

Also the Prefabs at Building Prefabs not work also when click at genarte they are still empty.

And when i at a GameObjects also with mesh renderer etc or empty and at your script and lcikc generate also no house visible.

Whats wrong ?

When i save the house from the demo small house then loas in my scene and click generaute the house is visible, :(

You know a way how i can generate Gameobjects with the Small House Script in the Gameobject at the OSM Points ? because atm also yor script not work and only shows empty gameobject after generate :(

Also at the small house when click generate then often the garage is deleted but never get back how use the garage ?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  13. GamePyro

GamePyro

14. GamePyro

GamePyro

Hello ? YOu not answer emails and here and nowhere ?

15. GamePyro

GamePyro

16. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I am very interested in getting this. Is it possible to get a copy of the manual so I can get a sense of how it works?